Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So they're selling the Warspite for $31.06 in the Premium store. The Warspite costs 6500g, an amount of sea gold you can currently buy for $29.79. So evidently the extra port slot is worth $1.27.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So they're selling the Warspite for $31.06 in the Premium store. The Warspite costs 6500g, an amount of sea gold you can currently buy for $29.79. So evidently the extra port slot is worth $1.27.

Well going by the $29.79/6500 gold number and assuming one slot is not on sale (i.e. 300 gold) then an extra port slot is valued at $1.37. So uh, I guess you save $0.10?

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

ranbo das posted:

Well going by the $29.79/6500 gold number and assuming one slot is not on sale (i.e. 300 gold) then an extra port slot is valued at $1.37. So uh, I guess you save $0.10?

A REAL BARGAIN!

Just think of how much grief Wargaming could have saved themselves by just giving people what they paid for in the first place.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

ranbo das posted:

The first vid you played pretty much perfectly, and if I was the CV pilot in question I wouldn't say either of those were successful runs on you.
Haven't watched the video yet, but yeah any run where only 2 or 3 of my 12 torpedoes land is what I consider a terrible drop because it takes like a 2.5/3m to round trip.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Hazdoc posted:

There's an option to set that information to permanently toggle on. Should be in the same spot as the collision avoidance autopilot setting.

Thanks.

Another question, do guns seem insanely loud to anyone else? I'm having to turn the SFX slider so far down that I can barely hear anything else, just to make the guns tolerable.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

ranbo das posted:

Even so, they must be selling a lot of them. At least two Warspites on each side in my last couple of games while trying to finish grinding the Furutaka to Aoba.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Can someone please tell me that the top hull heavily improves the Myogi? 3x2 guns really sucks when 4 of those shots decide to go wherever the gently caress they want as long as it's not a boat so I'm hoping it at least gets more maneuverable or something. At least it's faster and has longer range than the Kawachi.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tagichatn posted:

Can someone please tell me that the top hull heavily improves the Myogi? 3x2 guns really sucks when 4 of those shots decide to go wherever the gently caress they want as long as it's not a boat so I'm hoping it at least gets more maneuverable or something. At least it's faster and has longer range than the Kawachi.

If you click on the hull upgrade on the modules screen, the ship stats on the right are changed to reflect the new values, even if you aren't actually unlocking it that second - manouevrability is measured in rudder shift time

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 30, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Top hull on the Myogi is big because you get another 3 km range and she feels more accurate with her guns.

Magni fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 1, 2015

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Well the first hull increases maneuverability a little bit at least. The scout plane I thought was meh until I found out that a scout plane greatly increases the range of your guns and gives you a bird's eye view camera.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

I am sorry but I am not going to pay 30 bucks for a bad battleship.

Fixed that for you.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Kawachi desperately needs a buff, it can't successfully fight anything in the same tier, let alone anything in tier 4

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
United States Navy Battleship upgrades : Range versus so called Accuracy, discuss.

As they're slow I'm inclined to say Range would be best but the dreaded shotgun effect happen quite often with guns above 300mm so I'm confused. It would be nice to have actual numbers.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

A St. Louis got a detonation on me in an Omaha with one shell. A little peeved.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Captain:
* Both first-tier skills
* I say pick Aiming Expertise unless you're a genius torpedo person, Torpedo Armament Expertise is still great but it's better to pick it up later when torps start taking like 3 minutes to reload
* Defensive Fire is pretty much the only choice at third tier, Situation Awareness isn't very efficient for cruisers because your important time is spent blowing stuff up and giving away your position
* Pyromania's still nice, but take Advanced Firing Training if you really enjoyed having Defensive Fire, Vigilance isn't worth 4 points because from the Aoba on up you get to launch a seaplane that loiters for quite a while and spots torpedoes for you
* You'll be way past the Aoba by this tier, but Jack of All Trades to reduce Defensive Fire and Damage Control's cooldown lengths

Upgrades:
* Always always get Main Battery Modification 1 for the various reduced chances of bad stuff happening to your primary weapons.
* Gun Fire Control System Modification 1 doesn't have any drawbacks but sometimes can feel like a placebo upgrade. Main Battery Modification 2 is a trap because it makes you take longer to reload.
* Propulsion Modification 1. Going fast in this game not only affects your speed but also your ability to turn.
* Same reasons for Propulsion Modification 2, unless you're an idiot like me and only care about flipping around to shoot only half of a broadside that I forgot to bring to bear before contact. (Steering Gears Mod 2 is basically a speed sacrifice for wider zig-zag maneuvers.)

So I asked about this last patch, how have the skills you need for an Aoba changed since? Also would you use a similar build on an Aoba and an Atago?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a key that lets you fire all your currently facing guns at the same time? I've watched some streamers do this consistently.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Stanley Pain posted:

Is there a key that lets you fire all your currently facing guns at the same time? I've watched some streamers do this consistently.

Double click.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Are accounts likely to be reset when the game leaves beta in the same way they were from closed to open? Thinking of starting an account in a different region but won't if there's no reset.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

No more resets. Open Beta is basically a launch.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
5 losses in a row with the Tenryu, this is so opposite of my experience playing the game the first time through.

I don't now what else I can do, last game I had 5 kills... 3 as the only ship left. Oh well, this many lovely games and I'm finally done with the ship.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

jownzy posted:

5 losses in a row with the Tenryu, this is so opposite of my experience playing the game the first time through.

I don't now what else I can do, last game I had 5 kills... 3 as the only ship left. Oh well, this many lovely games and I'm finally done with the ship.

I lost every single game except for the last one i played with the Tenryu so i can say i really liked that ship.

On the upside the Kuma is amazing after it.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Tenryu is a great ship, little fragile, but I treat it like the fatter cousin of a DD. Especially since it gets 7km torps like the Wakataka

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
My last game (for now) in the St. Lo was an OK one.. only one sinking but 7 citadel hits, so a decent 1100 xp before double.

Unfortunately, that means it's time for the Phoenix again... ugh.

e: Murmansk scout plane lets you shoot REALLY loving FAR, holy poo poo.
e2: Actually, might be the same distance, just the angle goes really weird and it looks further.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 1, 2015

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

wdarkk posted:

So I asked about this last patch, how have the skills you need for an Aoba changed since? Also would you use a similar build on an Aoba and an Atago?

Hi, I stopped playing this game like a week after patch 0.3.1 hit, any comment I have about the current state of the game will range from terribad armchair speculation all the way down to utter shitposting.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Hi, I stopped playing this game like a week after patch 0.3.1 hit, any comment I have about the current state of the game will range from terribad armchair speculation all the way down to utter shitposting.
Oh :(

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I watched an ally ship round an island and be presented with 2 targets. At 7 km, a Hashidate that was brought into a tier 3 game. At 3km, the remaining enemy Kawachi with 15k health. He was in a Tenryu, and had time for a single torpedo launch before being killed by the Kawachi. He fired both launchers at the Hashidate and then exploded. Not a single torpedo came close. Ally Kawachi dropped a handful of shells on the Hashidate 20s later.

Thankfully our remaining BB just barely sunk the ship before dying from fire.

The tier 2 IJN destroyer is so insanely good I almost don't see a reason to move up the tree with it. 7km torpedoes that fire every 24 seconds and you get to shoot at ships that can't even begin to dodge them.

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:
Really impressed with the New York, first game got two detonations from full broadsides into tier4 bbs at 12km~14km. The shotgun happens sometimes, but it doesn't seem like it is enough to make me hate the ship.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I have a Myogi and am very angry at all you smug gun havers.

I would like to average north of 3k damage from a salvo I drop around an enemy, thanks.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I am giving up on the Aoba for now until more non-poopsockers catch up. Two of the five games in it have been 7vs7 with tier 9 carriers on the other team. One of the games had a Taiho, North Carolina, and Nagato division. I imagine it is even worse outside of primetime.

Evil_Greven posted:

e: Murmansk scout plane lets you shoot REALLY loving FAR, holy poo poo.
e2: Actually, might be the same distance, just the angle goes really weird and it looks further.
No, the scout increases your range. You can see the dotted range circle grow on the minimap. I am not sure what to think about it. The change in perspective throws off my aim.

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:
The map HotSpot is beyond broken at anything above tier3. You have the teams split in half and spawn like this, one half of team a is NW, other half is SE. Team b has half their team sw and the other half east / alittle northeast. The match started with my New York, a yubari, and a couple other small cruisers in the south east spot and the enemy was with in range in their spots. Long story short with in 1min of match start I had 4 BBs, 4 cruisers, 2 Sims DDs, and a carrior all after me. Meanwhile the rest of my team is way north west on the other side of a massive island. I held out for awhile and hurt 3 of the battleships, and nuked a cruiser or two, but the constant fires from the cruiser he spam and big hits from BBs wore me down after about 5 mins of fighting.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

jownzy posted:

I'm pretty sure Tenryu is Japanese for Citadel, because almost every shell from my St Louis pens them.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

grrarg posted:

I am giving up on the Aoba for now until more non-poopsockers catch up. Two of the five games in it have been 7vs7 with tier 9 carriers on the other team. One of the games had a Taiho, North Carolina, and Nagato division. I imagine it is even worse outside of primetime.
drat, I'm about to finish the Kuma and was gonna blow free XP to skip the Tier 5 Jap CA that shall not be named. Maybe I will slow grind it after all.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Artless Meat posted:

I'm pretty sure Tenryu is Japanese for Citadel, because almost every shell from my St Louis pens them.

At least its not as bad as the Yubari. I've been getting citadels on them in my St Louis with HE.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I somehow managed to download the last US patch onto my EU version of the game, does anyone know how I can get back my EU game without downloading the full version again?

I know in WoT there was a mod that let you use the same game install to play any zone, wondering if anyone has that for WoWS.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Afaik there is a file or registry somewhere you have to modify. Check with WoT and see how it works, it should be the same with WoWS.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
They really need to make the map edge run ships aground the way the islands do. These map broder hijinks are getting old.

Also,the Ishizuki owns. Its got a crap 12.8km gun range, but it has 10 great cannons, is fast and turns better than any of the other Jap BB's. It just eats Phoenix's and Kuma's at 10km.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Hazdoc posted:

At least its not as bad as the Yubari. I've been getting citadels on them in my St Louis with HE.

I Citadel'd a Yubari with the HE from my Clemson's 102ish mm guns. :laugh:

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

grrarg posted:

You have some bad luck. I have been tearing it up with my Aoba. I mostly get into games with Atlantas and Atagos and they just melt to my Aoba if I keep a good angle.

I have to say the Aoba has really surprised me. It's armor will bounce almost anything off the side AP wise.
I remember is being decent in CBT, but I didn't have to play it a much as I have now.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

More Phoenix fun:

Fitting, really - considering the name. :smugbert:

edit: did the server just crash?

TehKeen fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
NA servers have been ropey in WoT today too, so probably.