Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I loving hate every last one of you.

Welcome to the thread of idiots.

Where all the posters are *cute* and *dumb*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Welcome to the thread of idiots.

Where all the posters are *cute* and *dumb*~

These are good options for new thread titles.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I feel that trying to analyze whether it's "The Best" within its genre is missing the point.

It's just really good. :shobon:

That's fair enough. Though to me this manga will be a bit above the rest, for where else could you find such a perfect mix of sexiness...

action...

and fear

This manga it's.... something else. :)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actual, no joke, new chapter this time.

In a way, it did go back to square one, just like Asahi said. But in a pretty cute way. :unsmith:

Terper fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 30, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Terper posted:

Actual, no joke, new chapter this time.

In a way, it did go back to square one, just like Asahi said. But in a pretty cute way. :unsmith:

But at least this time we won't need to wait 71 chapters before things get better, thanks to Oka inspiring the :black101: spirit into Kuromine.

Also, Shima's still the worst, Akalyn-Sensei is still the best- and so are Kuromine's trauma faces :allears:

EDIT: "Don't laugh!" Yeah, best manga.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oka is the best friend. Shima is the worst everything.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Roland Jones posted:

Oka is the best

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
They said I could be anything, so I became a harem protagonist bird sanctuary.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Roland Jones posted:

Oka is the best

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

They said I could be anything, so I became a harem protagonist bird sanctuary.

The fact that the birds weren't wearing glasses is proof that Mikan really did do something to help.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Started here:
Now we're here:
This manga is AWESOME!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Now that's what I call a pep talk!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

cyrus_zane posted:

Started here:
Now we're here:
This manga is AWESOME!

:eyepop:

I'll never stop being amazed at the level of detail on this manga.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oka has earned his ending with best girl Mikan in this chapter.

I don't know how this series still manages to deliver, but it does.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

This chapter has my favorite Kuromine faces.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

cyrus_zane posted:

Started here:
Now we're here:
This manga is AWESOME!

Holy crap, I never noticed. I know it sounds odd, but I actually hope this turns out to be a thing, with callbacks somehow serving not as fanservice, but as a genuinely good way to move the plot forward.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

chumbler posted:

Oka has earned his ending with best girl Mikan in this chapter.

I don't know how this series still manages to deliver, but it does.

I still can't believe Mikan became good. She was the worst before she became anti-principal fortune God grandmother.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

CommissarMega posted:

Holy crap, I never noticed. I know it sounds odd, but I actually hope this turns out to be a thing, with callbacks somehow serving not as fanservice, but as a genuinely good way to move the plot forward.

Truthism is actually full of callbacks like that. It's kind of amazing, really.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is what I like about Truthism so much. The fact that the main character actually has deep interactions with other guys that isn't just being rivals.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Man I forgot how generic this used to look at the beginning.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

It's always cool when art improves drastically over the run of a comic.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So should there be a new thread for the anime, or

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Probably. For one, the less spoilers the better. For two, nobody outside the thread will see the title Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa and think Truthism.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Spoiler: there's gonna be another cute + dumb character next ep

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Wait the anime has started already?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Artificer posted:

Wait the anime has started already?

Tommorow.

Jitsu wa watashi wa an anime is a good title

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Terper posted:

Tommorow.

Jitsu wa watashi wa an anime is a good title

What's the character limit? We really ought to try and fit 'world of idiots' or 'cute + dumb' into it.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

AfroSquirrel posted:

What's the character limit? We really ought to try and fit 'world of idiots' or 'cute + dumb' into it.

A Cute/Dumb Anime for Cute/Dumb Idiots.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
If the thread title doesn't have "Welcome to the world of idiots" then whoever made the thread is wrong in the head.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Working on the thread now, anyone got a link to the Crunchyroll page for it, or has it not gone up yet?

edit: also, if someone could edit this image so "all girls are" is changed to "everyone is" that'd be dandy

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 6, 2015

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Captain Invictus posted:

Working on the thread now, anyone got a link to the Crunchyroll page for it, or has it not gone up yet?

edit: also, if someone could edit this image so "all girls" is "everyone" that'd be dandy

RIght here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/actually-i-am

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jesus, there's a lot of different names people use, officially or unofficially, for this series. Truthism as a fan name, Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa as the original name, My Monster Secret for the localized manga, and now Actually, I Am for the anime. This won't be confusing for new people at all.

edit: thread's up. Seems there's no preview footage at all that I can find so I'll replace the manga profile pics after the first episode or two airs.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 6, 2015

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I really don't know why they went with My Monster Secret instead of just The Truth Is, I Am...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think "The Truth Is, I Am..." or "Actually, I Am..." is a terrible name and something like My Monster Secret is a lot easier for people to remember.

A lot of folks just call it Jitsuwa though, which is fine, but they do need an English name for it, and "The Truth Is I Am" is a bad one.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

quote:

This image is the promo picture for the series, but it's quite misleading. If the show is anything like the anime, we're in for some real good faces.

Sending some mixed messages here imho :v:

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014
Still disappointed no one's called it JiWaWaWa.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

experienceBeej posted:

Still disappointed no one's called it JiWaWaWa.

G3Wa :getin:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I think "The Truth Is, I Am..." or "Actually, I Am..." is a terrible name and something like My Monster Secret is a lot easier for people to remember.

A lot of folks just call it Jitsuwa though, which is fine, but they do need an English name for it, and "The Truth Is I Am" is a bad one.

Depends. My own opinions say a name like My Monster Secret is so bad it makes my head hurt, for example. The Truth Is, I am sounds at least original. It's also a lot more subtil. Subtility is good, you know?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Libluini posted:

Depends. My own opinions say a name like My Monster Secret is so bad it makes my head hurt, for example. The Truth Is, I am sounds at least original. It's also a lot more subtil. Subtility is good, you know?

I don't like the name cause I started watching My Little Monster cause I thought it was based on this. I mean I realized rather quickly it wasn't and I enjoyed the anime but still, a better name could be chosen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Every time I look for manga on Amazon it tells me I should buy Monster Musume so I think monsters are just in right now

• Locked thread