Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
shirley is a nice girl but she's completely boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

dogsicle posted:

and happy summer anime season 2015 :japan:

This season is gonna kick rear end, there's a lot of really good stuff coming. Anyone read the Ushio to Tora manga? I haven't but I'm unbelievably hype for it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ugh gently caress final boss Sanctus. This guy is probably the easiest boss in the game but I keep loving up his last phase. The most frustrating thing is that this shouldn't even be hard.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Best Girl posted:

and thought they made a Skies of Arcadia anime.

captain harlock

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

This season is gonna kick rear end, there's a lot of really good stuff coming.

any robots?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WickedHate posted:

This season is gonna kick rear end, there's a lot of really good stuff coming. Anyone read the Ushio to Tora manga? I haven't but I'm unbelievably hype for it.

I haven't but I'm hoping it's good. Gonna be the first of the 'new old' shows where I haven't already read the manga or seen an older version.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aquarion Logos

lol

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
i haven't seen any aquarions. How is that franchise?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first one is boring and probably one of the ugliest looking shows I've ever seen, the second is amusingly ridiculous.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

first anime was boring and looked like rear end

second anime had some good moments and a cool supporting cast but a fairly boring lead. he doesn't drag the show down all on his own but by god does he try

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Aquarion has top tier openings.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I like giant robots a lot but I realized a little while ago how much of the stuff I like is composed of Gundam as opposed to other franchises. It's weird, because before last year I only watched G(loved it) and Wing(nghhh it's about as good/bad as Revenge of the Sith).

Sakurazuka posted:

I haven't but I'm hoping it's good. Gonna be the first of the 'new old' shows where I haven't already read the manga or seen an older version.

I hear it's gonna be a lot of shonen battle type stuff. That is so my thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Aquarion has top tier openings.
they aren't bringing back the same muscians for logos

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Then I'm not interested.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

I like giant robots a lot but I realized a little while ago how much of the stuff I like is composed of Gundam as opposed to other franchises. It's weird, because before last year I only watched G(loved it) and Wing(nghhh it's about as good/bad as Revenge of the Sith).

You should watch Overman King Gainer

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

You should watch Overman King Gainer

Thought about it. I'm not really sure what to think about Tomino. Turn A was incredibly great, Mobile Suit Gundam was alright, and I despised Reconguista.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Both Turn A Gundam and Overman King Gainer are on my Currently Watching list so if you pick up Gainer you'll at least have someone to talk to about it who doesn't already hold all the answers.

I'm only five episodes in.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

Thought about it. I'm not really sure what to think about Tomino. Turn A was incredibly great, Mobile Suit Gundam was alright, and I despised Reconguista.

Overman King Gainer is closest to Turn A out of those by a huge margin

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Overman King Gainer is closest to Turn A out of those by a huge margin

Bad Seafood posted:

Both Turn A Gundam and Overman King Gainer are on my Currently Watching list so if you pick up Gainer you'll at least have someone to talk to about it who doesn't already hold all the answers.

I'm only five episodes in.

Sure, then! :) I'll see if I can catch up tomorrow.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Doozy Bots

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Toon Maker's Sailor Moon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endorph posted:

second anime had some good moments and a cool supporting cast but a fairly boring lead. he doesn't drag the show down all on his own but by god does he try

So it's on par with Build Fighters Try? :v:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Late for Geasschat, but

Rodyle posted:

I like the part where Jun Fukuyama monologues and poses.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
when it comes time 9/28 of September you bet your rear end we'll all be hailing the Emperor

also why is the monster musume thread gone how could you guys lets this happen

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Make a new one.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So it's on par with Build Fighters Try? :v:

Endorph said he doesn't drag the rest of the show down with him

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Make a new one.

yeah but I have shame and apparently the last one was gassed?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

LEGO Genetics posted:

yeah but I have shame

Well here's your problem.

LEGO Genetics posted:

and apparently the last one was gassed?

And heck, we had a second hentai thread that lasted longer than the first.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

And heck, we had a second hentai thread that lasted longer than the first.

Progress.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Egress

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
of course it would last longer post refractory period

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

we weren't actually allowed to post hentai in it anyway

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

they aren't bringing back the same muscians for logos

That's hosed up as h*ck imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Like no-one who had anything to do with the first two Aquarions has anything to do with this new one.

That could be a bonus though.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Did that anime written by Uchikoshi of 999/Zero Escape fame eventually reach the levels of crazy his games did? Or did it end up as the generic anime that it presented itself as at the start?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

edward...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Argue posted:

Did that anime written by Uchikoshi of 999/Zero Escape fame eventually reach the levels of crazy his games did? Or did it end up as the generic anime that it presented itself as at the start?

Didn't quite end up as insane as VLR but it was a fun show otherwise, if you're not allergic to fan service.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't quite end up as insane as VLR but it was a fun show otherwise, if you're not allergic to fan service.

Which show was it, out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Argue posted:

It felt like we got one of the tamer endings, but it did reach an alright level of crazy. It was quite enjoyable but it does stick to its core of "panty anime,"so if you're adverse to that it's not a good watch, but even that is handled pretty well.

• Locked thread