Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

:sun: Oath complete! :sun:

I'm claiming Box Art for the Psyker and Sister of Battle

I got a bit carried away and forgot what the actual theme for journal was, but everyone's ready for a day at the beach! The orc has dressed up in its nicest summer dress with pink flowers and the goblin has some sick waves painted on his shield. The dark elf has managed to find the one beach where it apparently isn't nice and sandy. Dark elves hate fun.

Ninjaedit: Oh poo poo, the theme was traveling and not beaches. Uhh, the goblin is traveling on a giant spider?

And once again I forgot to include my username in the pics, I've edited them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Oath Failed

And no amount of whales can save.

Also, drat you, Corvus Bellis.

For future reference: if I have some miniatures that have a dire need of alcohol baths and brushie brushie, do I have to clean them before oathing?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
:siren: OATH COMPLETE! :siren:

technical challenge, water effects, completed with a Swamp Base.

Privateer Press! Snapjaw from Privateer Press completed along with several non-oathed models for my Everblight army.

Will try and get non-lovely pictures tomorrow. Wanted to make sure I submitted tonight.

Exinos fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 1, 2015

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Weirdo posted:

Also Spring Cleaning! A purse of gold to the man who identifies the film in pic two.

Deathstalker II, right? (This is a guess. Also I have watched way too many awful movies. Anyway, I'll take my gold in Melnibonean wheel coins, thanks.)

Everyone on these past couple of pages: :stare:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Also :psydwarf:Savin Da Whales:psydwarf: on my May Oath.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath the following: 20 Ironwatch, 8 Orc Ax, 5 Orclings, one Dwarf Ironbelcher with Crew (all 28mm by Mantic) and one gnome tinker from Stonehaven miniatures (28mm).

A simple white and red for the dwarves, and yellow/green for the orcs. The gnome is a goblin NPC in a pathfinder game I'm playing in.

Backstory: The Bad Mountain Orcs are a superstitious people, and believe that physical defects and birthmarks on the newly born orc children can be used in fortune telling. In rare cases, orc children are born with a strange form of albinism that results in a rich yellow pigmentation, which the orcs refer to as golden. A single golden orc babe is considered a rare and fortuitous omen, but a collection of five golden orclings is almost unheard of and would be a cause for great celebration.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Deathstalker II, right? (This is a guess. Also I have watched way too many awful movies. Anyway, I'll take my gold in Melnibonean wheel coins, thanks.)

Everyone on these past couple of pages: :stare:

Indeed! The MSt3k version, but the movie is entertaining without it. I love putting on some bad movies on and painting away.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Ok, I'm failing this month... only 1 model and 1 KR case oathed, and real life just got in the way a little too much, next month maybe :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:refurb: OATH COMPLETE :refurb:

Unbased, because my Basius II pads still haven't arrived yet, despite being due in April

Claiming Privateer Press competition, and using my :australia: card to swap and claim the January winter Challenge with this snowy base.

Claiming KR Competition, can anyone guess what I painted? :v:

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Weirdo posted:

Loving the gently caress shield ;)

Great work as always, seeing your bright orcs is one of my favourite parts of the Oaths thread.

It sums up my thoughts about the Age of Sigmor

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Lets get July rolling!

I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following - Malifaux "The Relic hunters" Box set (seven minis, 28mm, Wyrd Minitures) & (Because they are on my table and I'm to lazy to move them) 50 N scale cars, by some random Chinese manufacturer, which will become scatter terrain for Dropzone Commander (10mm)

The cars are now properly smashed and glued into wreak piles, so time to get rusting!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still waiting to hear back from Krushgroove, but there will be a full Aetherium game up for grabs soon! It might either be based on getting the bonus done for July (flag jurnal) or as a first quarter prize. I'll be shipping it direct, so country shouldn't matter.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Holy poo poo, nearly 70 posts before I can get to the updates! Sorry for the wait guys and gals, I was pretty much offline all weekend and have been in a work course during the day and recovering in the evenings since then.

PyroDwarf posted:

Can I post an Oath update? I wasn't really happy with the final product, so I added some shading.

If it is against the rules, ignore this, I suppose.

Post updates are fine before the end of the month. It makes it easier for recordkeeping if you just post the new pictures in your original Oath Complete post, and just post a new reply to the thread saying you've updated your post. I try to check any post edit dates when I collect the pictures, so editing an Oath Complete post after the month is over raises questions unless you've been given dispensation. Anyway, you're all good!

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I, Gumdrop Larry, oath Privateer Press's Morland from the Devil's Shadow Mutineers unit.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Okay, I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to finish sculpting/altering these dudes, but here they are, unprimed for inspection (closeup to show details on #2):

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Hmm last day eh?

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one chaos space marine biker (on horse) GW mini, 28mm. Chaos knight and chaos spacemarine bits.

Also, 24hour challenge since there is less than 24hours left. Might as well.

I know this is late, but for the purposes of recordkeeping, OATHS ACCEPTED!

Exinos posted:

My oath is technically done but I'm afraid to pull off the ring around the water effect tomorrow as I poured a little deep and not positive it's fully cured.

Would it count complete to take the picture with the ring on the 30th then a followup with that removed on July 1st as I'd be more confident of everything being set by then?
You just have to post the Oath Complete picture before 00:01 on the first of the month, American Samoa time, which in the UK is around noon BST and 7 AM EST in the US. You could post the picture of the base with the ring around the water effects but that would probably knock you out of consideration for the Judge's picks...if you're not worried about that you can just post the picture and in many cases (as long as you're not going too far) I'll generally give every participant one mulligan or freebie to post an update after the final due date.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

In days gone by, painters who failed their oaths would get stuck with receive a special "Oath Breaker" avatar, usually a custom pic drawn by a fellow goon. So breaking one's oath was almost its own reward for some posters. Nowadays they don't automatically do that anymore...although it's still possible to get an avatar if you ask nicely. (Did we cover this in this year's OP, or am I thinking of last year?)
You're thinking of last year, the goon who was drawing the Oathbreaker avatars fell by the wayside, but I'll see if we can get something going!

JcDent posted:

For future reference: if I have some miniatures that have a dire need of alcohol baths and brushie brushie, do I have to clean them before oathing?
You can just Oath them after priming them to avoid any issues.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT! :siren:

Frontline Gaming
is another NEW sponsor!
Their Facebook page

Frontline Gaming not only produce awesome commission painted models, but innovated and popularized the mousemat type of gaming mat that adds an extra dimension to your gaming table, no matter what kind of game you're playing or what kind of gamer you are. If you order anything from Frontline Gaming, please add a note that lets them know you've been referred by the Something Awful Oath Thread, and thank them for their support!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Frontline FAT Mats are awesome, I own three (Space, Barren, Alpine), they're fantastic to game on and look great

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, oath for the month of July: 1 Mantic Zombie hold a banner.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

krushgroove posted:

:siren: SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT! :siren:

Frontline Gaming
is another NEW sponsor!
Their Facebook page

Frontline Gaming not only produce awesome commission painted models, but innovated and popularized the mousemat type of gaming mat that adds an extra dimension to your gaming table, no matter what kind of game you're playing or what kind of gamer you are. If you order anything from Frontline Gaming, please add a note that lets them know you've been referred by the Something Awful Oath Thread, and thank them for their support!

Hell yeah, I love these folks. My FAT mat is awesome, and I only wish they had come out before I bought a realm of battle board. I almost never use the RoB; the FAT mat is just much more fun to play on because of how well dice roll on it, and how easy it makes that stupid diagonal 40k deployment zone.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Question before I make an Oath. I was considering doing Stryker3 from Warmachine to cover the jurnal, being as he's carrying a big banner. However, the elements on the banner - swan, lightning bolts - are molded on, I wouldn't be freehanding them. Would his banner still qualify for the jurnal?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I took some more really quick (yet better than before) photos of my completed Hannah model - I know it's a bit late, but she looks way better with slightly better lighting. It gives a clearer view of the fancy base stuff too, with the water effect ripples and the faction symbols carved into the stone around the greenstuffed rose.

Also, I've been assembling my translucent Dreamer crew this evening, and stuck Lord Chompybits together with blu-tack to see how big he is. He turned out to be very, very big.

How do translucent models go in the Oath Thread? I'd be painting small parts of them, and doing their bases up nice.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: Extra Prize for July :siren:

There is an Aetherium set up for grabs world wide! This will be for anyone who completed the July Challenge. Aetherium is all about different factions fighting over the internet/matrix.... so flags make an excellent rally points! Want to know more about the game? Ask me here, or check out http://www.anvil-eight.com/
I will pick one person at random at the end of the month. Anyone who goes "above and beyond" will get two entries into the random pool. What is above and beyond? Well, using the flag along with any of the Achievements, making a diorama, anything like that. It's based on my (poor) judgement.

:siren: If you interested I ask you put "Aetherium Flag" in your post along with the completed oath pictures. This will allow me to see who is interested in the game without too much fuss. It will also only be available to those that fully complete the oath for this month!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

head58 oaths for the month of July, six flag markers to be mounted on 40mm bases with various Warmachine/Hordes faction logos upon them

Also for July I hereby oath these ten Kayazy Assassins, plus their Underboss, 30mm models from Privateer Press that unless I force myself to paint via social shaming I will never get done!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pash posted:

I, Pash, oath for the month of July: 1 Mantic Zombie hold a banner.

head58 posted:

head58 oaths for the month of July, six flag markers to be mounted on 40mm bases with various Warmachine/Hordes faction logos upon them

Also for July I hereby oath these ten Kayazy Assassins, plus their Underboss, 30mm models from Privateer Press that unless I force myself to paint via social shaming I will never get done!

Oaths Accepted!

Pyrolocutus posted:

Question before I make an Oath. I was considering doing Stryker3 from Warmachine to cover the jurnal, being as he's carrying a big banner. However, the elements on the banner - swan, lightning bolts - are molded on, I wouldn't be freehanding them. Would his banner still qualify for the jurnal?

Most banners are molded a bit, you can Oath either plan or molded banners, flags, whatever.

Schmetterling posted:

How do translucent models go in the Oath Thread? I'd be painting small parts of them, and doing their bases up nice.
You're painting on it, right? Sounds like you're good to Oath it!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath for July, one Bones Halfling and one em4 Space Marine Ranger

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for July smaug from Games workshop for BotFA and 4 dragons from Dark Sword Miniatures. I'm not sure what scale the dark sword dragons are supposed to be but since they are the same size as smaug and I am painting them for use in a 10mm game I am going to say 10mm.

I will be doing some oath additions if I can. I have three conferences this month to travel to and I just moved so let's see what I can squeak in for July.

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 4, 2015

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
It's been a while since I've participated in one of these. Time to give it another go.

I, Arson Fire, oath one Scythed Hierodule for July

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Doom Wurm from Ral Partha's Chaos Wars, Organist of Mid-Nor from Rackham, a street ganger from Mongoose Publishing, and various bits from GW, Reaper, and Ral Partha for the month of July.

Germ
May 7, 2013

LordAba posted:

:siren: Extra Prize for July :siren:

There is an Aetherium set up for grabs world wide! This will be for anyone who completed the July Challenge. Aetherium is all about different factions fighting over the internet/matrix.... so flags make an excellent rally points! Want to know more about the game? Ask me here, or check out http://www.anvil-eight.com/
I will pick one person at random at the end of the month. Anyone who goes "above and beyond" will get two entries into the random pool. What is above and beyond? Well, using the flag along with any of the Achievements, making a diorama, anything like that. It's based on my (poor) judgement.

:siren: If you interested I ask you put "Aetherium Flag" in your post along with the completed oath pictures. This will allow me to see who is interested in the game without too much fuss. It will also only be available to those that fully complete the oath for this month!

Awesome, thanks a million! Looks like a cool game!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of July three (3) Malifaux Rail Workers

That Aetherium stuff looks cool.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 6 Ravenwing Bikers for July

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath for July, one Bones Halfling and one em4 Space Marine Ranger

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for July smaug from Games workshop for BotFA and 4 dragons from Dark Sword Miniatures.

Arson Fire posted:

It's been a while since I've participated in one of these. Time to give it another go.

I, Arson Fire, oath one Scythed Hierodule for July
Welcome back!!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Doom Wurm from Ral Partha's Chaos Wars, Organist of Mid-Nor from Rackham, a street ganger from Mongoose Publishing, and various bits from GW, Reaper, and Ral Partha for the month of July.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of July three (3) Malifaux Rail Workers

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 6 Ravenwing Bikers for July

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Does anyone know LumberingTroll outside of SA? I've been trying to get in touch with him for a while.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for July, three Fishermans' Guild players from Guild Ball (Shark, Siren and Angel), plus one ball marker. All are 32mm (I think)

All with zenithal priming. Not sure how long it is since I assembled and painted metal minis now.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
I, BirdieBedtime, do Oath for July five Tactical Legionnaires with Legion Vexilla, three Boltguns, and one Contemptor Dreadnought! All Forge World.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I, Gumdrop Larry, oath Mar and Zira from Privateer Press for the month of July.

Need to keep banging out these Warmachine pirates, so I'll start by finishing up the Devil's Shadow Mutineers unit with these two.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
I, PyroDwarf, Oath 20 Mantic Skeletons for the month of July! Also pictured, GreenStuff banners.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:frogsiren:I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Mummy Standard Bearer by Crocodile Games:frogsiren:

Going deliberately unambitious for this month since I have a lot potentially going on.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for July, three Fishermans' Guild players from Guild Ball (Shark, Siren and Angel), plus one ball marker. All are 32mm (I think)

BirdieBedtime posted:

I, BirdieBedtime, do Oath for July five Tactical Legionnaires with Legion Vexilla, three Boltguns, and one Contemptor Dreadnought! All Forge World.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I, Gumdrop Larry, oath Mar and Zira from Privateer Press for the month of July.

PyroDwarf posted:

I, PyroDwarf, Oath 20 Mantic Skeletons for the month of July! Also pictured, GreenStuff banners.

JerryLee posted:

:frogsiren:I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Mummy Standard Bearer by Crocodile Games:frogsiren:

OATHS ACCEPTED!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 5, 2015

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Lord General Coleman Stryker. This is a Cygnar model from Privateer Press' Warmachine line.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Lord General Coleman Stryker. This is a Cygnar model from Privateer Press' Warmachine line.

Oath Accepted!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, not knowing how busy I will be this month, oath 1 GW Sigmarine (from the front of White Dwarf, in gently caress knows what scale), and 1 GW Belegar Ironhammer (likely to be the last GW dwarf I ever purchase).

Both miniatures are in sub assemblies to ease painting (sigmarine head and shield separate, Belegar body, base + oathstone, head + beard and shield). I'm going to try speed painting the Sigmarine.

Hopefully I'll have time for lots of admech later in the month.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath 3 GW 28 mm demon on weird demon machine/animal things.

GW calls that star on a stick a "banner," but I don't think it'll count for the July challenge will it? I'd think you'd need something with at least a little cloth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

krushgroove posted:

Oath Accepted!

Did I get skipped?

Grey Hunter posted:

Lets get July rolling!

I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following - Malifaux "The Relic hunters" Box set (seven minis, 28mm, Wyrd Minitures) & (Because they are on my table and I'm to lazy to move them) 50 N scale cars, by some random Chinese manufacturer, which will become scatter terrain for Dropzone Commander (10mm)

The cars are now properly smashed and glued into wreak piles, so time to get rusting!

• Locked thread