Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

VolticSurge posted:

Sadly,only one appears to exist- it's by a guy named MetalCanyon . It's decent-no facecam shenanigans,at least.

I watched his Paper's Please LP when he was making it. It's got some entertainment value in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hello can i get an lp of METROID PRIME FEDERATION FORCE up in here thanks

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Putty posted:

hello can i get an lp of METROID PRIME FEDERATION FORCE up in here thanks

Does it need to be complete? Does it need to have the co op? Does it need to happen in the next 6 years? Does the LPer need to have played metroid prime before? Does the player have to like metroid prime? What if the LPer would rather be playing a different game and leaves the video recording while he gets a pizza and goes to play Threes! on his phone for like 45 minutes? Is that ok? If the deathcount goes above 600 in the first video and then you cpu melts will the LPer be held accountable? What if your CPU doesnt melt but your browser profile gets slightly corrupted instead? What if one of your close relatives dies while the LP is ongoing and you stop watching for a couple days? Would you notice if the LP took a leave of absence or would you be so sad that you also died?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

Does it need to be complete? Does it need to have the co op? Does it need to happen in the next 6 years? Does the LPer need to have played metroid prime before? Does the player have to like metroid prime? What if the LPer would rather be playing a different game and leaves the video recording while he gets a pizza and goes to play Threes! on his phone for like 45 minutes? Is that ok? If the deathcount goes above 600 in the first video and then you cpu melts will the LPer be held accountable? What if your CPU doesnt melt but your browser profile gets slightly corrupted instead? What if one of your close relatives dies while the LP is ongoing and you stop watching for a couple days? Would you notice if the LP took a leave of absence or would you be so sad that you also died?

yes

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
is there a good lp of don't starve besides the one cknoor's channel?

I'm interested in the games mechanics and poo poo but after playing it I do not have the patience for it. Cknoor's okay at it but seems to go pretty slowly, I want something that gets to some of the bizarre poo poo I've heard of like caves and adventures and stuff faster.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Acne Rain posted:

is there a good lp of don't starve besides the one cknoor's channel?

I'm interested in the games mechanics and poo poo but after playing it I do not have the patience for it. Cknoor's okay at it but seems to go pretty slowly, I want something that gets to some of the bizarre poo poo I've heard of like caves and adventures and stuff faster.

Are you talking about his older in character videos, or the newer multiplayer ones? In multiplayer it seems he can never remember what he's got in his inventory or where anything is. Not exactly pro-tips either way.

Short answer; not that I know of.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

i want the let's player to destroy me irl

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm guessing the answer is "not until Phantom Pain comes out" but are there any good LPs of Ground Zeroes? I just got done blasting through it and I'd love for someone to show me all the cool poo poo I missed out on because drat this game looks like a crazy sandbox.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

So I'm pretty sick right now and basically can't do anything but lay in bed and/or sleep without being in massive pain. I need something to keep me occupied while I don't have the energy to actually play games and the LPers I already follow don't have anything new up.

I like a lot of things, and I can put up with a game I'm not normally into as long as the commentary is interesting and/or funny - the only stipulation here is nothing overly gun-heavy. I generally prefer "friends on a couch" style VLPs where the people talking actually have some chemistry with each other, so stuff like Geop's Dark Souls LP, pretty much anything Run Button do, Pork Lift and friends, Danaru's LPs etc. I'd like something that's interesting enough to keep my attention when I'm awake, but without overly loud commentary in case I happen to fall asleep while its on.

I know its a weird set of requirements but I trust you guys!

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

Faerie Fortune posted:

So I'm pretty sick right now and basically can't do anything but lay in bed and/or sleep without being in massive pain. I need something to keep me occupied while I don't have the energy to actually play games and the LPers I already follow don't have anything new up.

I like a lot of things, and I can put up with a game I'm not normally into as long as the commentary is interesting and/or funny - the only stipulation here is nothing overly gun-heavy. I generally prefer "friends on a couch" style VLPs where the people talking actually have some chemistry with each other, so stuff like Geop's Dark Souls LP, pretty much anything Run Button do, Pork Lift and friends, Danaru's LPs etc. I'd like something that's interesting enough to keep my attention when I'm awake, but without overly loud commentary in case I happen to fall asleep while its on.

The Men Drinkin Coffee are the best "friends on a couch" style LPers at the moment. They are currently wrapping up Raven's Cry so check that out if you haven't already.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
No link cause I'm on my phone but a golden oldie crew is the Freelance Astronauts. You really can't go wrong with those guys.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Faerie Fortune posted:

One of my favorite LPs thaf I come back to is Bacter and Mzbundifund's playthrough of a wacky Doom-engine fantasy game called Amulets and Armor. It's a weird little game with a lot of charm and the two commentators have a lot of fun banter and show off a lot of the details about the game.

Also, pokecapn and crew, but also medibot and friend's LPs of Kirby games. Return to Dreamland is stellar.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This FE6 thread is pretty swell.

And metal. So metal.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Tae posted:

Blame Troy Baker for that. I think most of people that think Kanji is suppressed gay is because either they never been in that situation or from Baker's speech on Kanji.

I bet he felt confused when Golden came out and absolutely hammered the fact that he's not gay.

Kanji's gay as hell, dude

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My 6 year old son really likes Minecraft and Terraria let's plays. He's mostly watched this horrible british dude who seems to have some kind of shtick where he laughs like a hyena being castrated. My son wants me to watch them with him, but there's only so much of the british guy that I can take.

I didn't really see much from SA, but are there are decent quality LPs (or LPers) of either game (without swearing) on youtube?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jordan7hm posted:

My 6 year old son really likes Minecraft and Terraria let's plays. He's mostly watched this horrible british dude who seems to have some kind of shtick where he laughs like a hyena being castrated. My son wants me to watch them with him, but there's only so much of the british guy that I can take.

I didn't really see much from SA, but are there are decent quality LPs (or LPers) of either game (without swearing) on youtube?

Has he played the games at all before? I would imagine playing them with him would be far more fun and stimulating for his mind than consigning his brain to an early death with youtube LPs.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
There was this really chill Minecraft LP but I can't for the life of me remember who did it.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

anilEhilated posted:

There was this really chill Minecraft LP but I can't for the life of me remember who did it.
Dave-o? Everything chill is Dave-o.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gildiss posted:

Has he played the games at all before? I would imagine playing them with him would be far more fun and stimulating for his mind than consigning his brain to an early death with youtube LPs.

Yes, we play them a fair bit together.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Redundant posted:

Dave-o? Everything chill is Dave-o.

davo is really chill but you're probably going to have to tell you son the sounds you hear when he hits a bong are something else

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Putty posted:

davo is really chill but you're probably going to have to tell you son the sounds you hear when he hits a bong are something else

He's blowing bubbles in his chocolate milk, duh.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Putty posted:

I was looking for his Minecraft lp last night but the links seemed to be dead, and searching on YouTube just resulted in terrible streaming videos.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
here he is

he has like 8 or so minecraft vids along with some other stuff

Realtalk though I would probably skim through the vids before showing them to your son just in case.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Unfair's minecraft videos are a nice low octane fly through of Minecraft circa 2013, but may be too archaic for your son (where's the diorite dad :rolleyes:).

http://lparchive.org/Minecraft/

He's not one for the swears although I do vaguely recall him coming in here and saying that wasn't a cast iron guarantee so may want to check the vids out first (there's only 8 of them).

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Dave-o's videos are good and chill, but more as an introduction to the game. A young kid who's played the game a lot and won't get alot of the jokes might not find much interesting in them.

What I'm wondering is how a six year old kid forms his own opinions on lets plays and finds them in the first place. Where'd he hear about the british guy? In line for hotdog day in kindergarten?

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Scaramouche posted:

What I'm wondering is how a six year old kid forms his own opinions on lets plays and finds them in the first place. Where'd he hear about the british guy? In line for hotdog day in kindergarten?

Parents who watch Let's Play have children who watch Let's Play.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Scaramouche posted:

Essentially, yes. At recess they play Minecraft (in the same way I played Ninja Turtles or whatever). They talk about Minecraft. His friends know about this British guy too. Splatty or something (I'd have to look it up).

And yeah, I see very little difference between watching some guy mess about in a game vs watching stuff like My Little Pony (a previous thing he loved, and Christ it's awful, at least Dora taught some Spanish).

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
My nephew told me some kid in his class played a meme video on his iPad during school and this country's education program is going down the toilet!!!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jordan7hm posted:

Essentially, yes. At recess they play Minecraft (in the same way I played Ninja Turtles or whatever). They talk about Minecraft. His friends know about this British guy too. Splatty or something (I'd have to look it up).

And yeah, I see very little difference between watching some guy mess about in a game vs watching stuff like My Little Pony (a previous thing he loved, and Christ it's awful, at least Dora taught some Spanish).

That's interesting. I wasn't implying any parenting lack or anything, just was curious about how this information get disseminated in that demographic. I mean when I was 6 the 'computers' were a row of dusty Apple ][s that only 'grown ups' were allowed to touch. Whereas now theoretically a kid could be carrying around a tablet to play all kinds of poo poo on, with internet too.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

I assume the guy being talked about is Stampy Longnose who is basically Youtube Jesus to kids the world over.

If you want a different English guy to annoy you there's Dan TDM or if you want an American guy to annoy you there's Thinknoodles (warning, contains Despicable Me's Minions in vast quantities). Both know their audiences are children and act appropriately.

But in a world of recommended videos, this info is a bit like triumphantly presenting some ancient dusty scroll containing a pickaxe recipe.

All these guys are amazingly addictive to children and it just spreads by word of mouth. My niece knew precious little about Youtube or Minecraft until her cousin showed her a Stampy video and now she just ploughs through a couple of hours of videos every day.

Totally unlike us in this forum.

Fwoderwick fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 20, 2015

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Does anyone have any video LP's of the Mass Effect series to recommend? Would like to start with the original and go from there.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I believe the ME1 LP in the lparchive is the one with the tank spawning everywhere and therefore the best.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
That's the one by Freelance Astronauts and yeah, it's pretty funny because you have a good group commenting and then the game getting all kinds of broken (intentionally and otherwise) by spawning Makos in places Makos don't belong. Zedd did Mass Effect 2; I watched the first part of it when it was ongoing but got distracted and now Lt. Danger is doing ME3 and I haven't watched that one at all so I can't comment on it, but if you want in-house they've all been done.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
There was an LP by a group of people of Scooby Doo Mystery for the SNES and it was really funny. Does anyone know where I can find it?

edit: n/m found it.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

There was an LP by a group of people of Scooby Doo Mystery for the SNES and it was really funny. Does anyone know where I can find it?

This one?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

I believe the ME1 LP in the lparchive is the one with the tank spawning everywhere and therefore the best.

Tried watching that, but all the people (with poor sound quality) talking over all the dialog ruined it for me. So if anyone have any other suggestions, I'd be grateful.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

Have you heard about my boy P-Bat

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SubponticatePoster posted:

That's the one by Freelance Astronauts and yeah, it's pretty funny because you have a good group commenting and then the game getting all kinds of broken (intentionally and otherwise) by spawning Makos in places Makos don't belong. Zedd did Mass Effect 2; I watched the first part of it when it was ongoing but got distracted and now Lt. Danger is doing ME3 and I haven't watched that one at all so I can't comment on it, but if you want in-house they've all been done.
The Freelance Austronauts one is pretty great yeah; a good mix between mocking/breaking the game and showing it off.
I did start on ME2 but I never finished it, and when I last looked it was kind of boring to watch.

Edit: I swear there used to be some streams/an LP about FTL: Faster Than Light on SA somewhere.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 1, 2015

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Zedd posted:

Edit: I swear there used to be some streams/an LP about FTL: Faster Than Light on SA somewhere.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3623039

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thank you kindly, the Archive didn't give me any results.