Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Davethulhu posted:

I went back and double-checked. Beagle hasn't done a alien base assault on the live and impossible series yet.

Ah, thanks. I thought he would have done it within 120 missions, but that's how it is with LW, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
That's partly why I asked earlier - I didn't know if there was a reason he'd left it so late. Didn't want to hamstring myself

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gibfender posted:

That's partly why I asked earlier - I didn't know if there was a reason he'd left it so late. Didn't want to hamstring myself

He's going to do a counter-alien base soon, by putting a Sattelite up above Australia.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I hope the modding tools are as robust as they claim. I want to make a Jagged Alliance mod for xcom 2. It'd be like normal but you could also hire mercs who have their own predefined skill trees and voice sets.

Ivan Dolvich with double tap, 5 tiles from snake tits: "Sheet bag. I use all ammunition for veapon."

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

So of course I ended up changing 09 instead of 0A because I thought that the cooldown formula was 2*cooldown+1 rather than 2*cooldown+1.

Is there something wrong with my eyes? I cannot see a difference between those two formulae.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

A.o.D. posted:

Is there something wrong with my eyes? I cannot see a difference between those two formulae.

Nah I made a typo. It's meant to say I assumed 2*cooldown+1 rather than 2*cooldown+2.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Nah I made a typo. It's meant to say I assumed 2*cooldown+1 rather than 2*cooldown+2.

Even when explaining your syntax errors you fall into new ones.

(I don't code for that very reason. Hyperlexia :argh:)

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Finished that lander I was talking about earlier. Apparently, the outsiders+sectoid commander sitting on the open was not the actual leader pod. There was another one inside. They ate two AP nades on the first turn :getin: They sent my scout and one of my assaults to a nice, 40 day vacation though.

Still waiting for the other shoe (aka Base defense) to drop, and aliens are terrorizing auberdeen. I encountered my first momma lid. It didn't go exactly like this, but it was something close. I was lucky that the momma lid had sprinter but the babby lids did not so I had two turns to handle two different groups of lids.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Does anyone know how to make Enforcer run in higher resolutions? Even 4:3 at native lcd resolution is better than vaseline mode.

(And yes... I'm playing Enforcer. I'm bored of UFO Defense and Enemy Within for the moment, and not *quite* masochistic enough to play TFTD.)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I loved the MEC punch, until my MEC ran up and punched a sectoid commander that sent him flying into a fork lift truck which then exploded, killing my highest ranked medic that was hunkering down behind the truck waiting for the MEC to come and save him :mad:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I... am in a bit of a pickle. I may have broken the base assault triggers because it's almost time for the Gollop chamber to be completed building which means I may be able to do the temple ship before the aliens assault the base.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Keiya posted:

Does anyone know how to make Enforcer run in higher resolutions? Even 4:3 at native lcd resolution is better than vaseline mode.

(And yes... I'm playing Enforcer. I'm bored of UFO Defense and Enemy Within for the moment, and not *quite* masochistic enough to play TFTD.)

What does Enforcer have that makes it work in the X-com franchise, if I may ask?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Onmi posted:

I... am in a bit of a pickle. I may have broken the base assault triggers because it's almost time for the Gollop chamber to be completed building which means I may be able to do the temple ship before the aliens assault the base.

Wow. Uh, I suggest just just missions and stuff until you get the Base Defence. You don't have to use to Gollop chamber as soon as it's built.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

RoanHorse posted:

What does Enforcer have that makes it work in the X-com franchise, if I may ask?

Nothing, really. Sectoids, Cyberdisks, "Mutons", and "Reapers", I guess?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

Wow. Uh, I suggest just just missions and stuff until you get the Base Defence. You don't have to use to Gollop chamber as soon as it's built.

I did eventually get it, unfortunately I did not get an Ethreal on the mission, I got a few Sectopods and a lot of Mechtoids and Mutons, as well as a lot of Cyberdisks and Sectoid Commanders. But it seems there's a cap for "Base Defense" alien spawns.

edit: I'm missing a medal

I'm guessing it's for getting a guy killed? kind of annoying, I need it to get the achievment.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I would personally be very hesitant to stay in the smoke cloud made by someone with that surname.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Nordick posted:

I would personally be very hesitant to stay in the smoke cloud made by someone with that surname.

She did not become Psionic. Something is seriously hosed up with my game. Her Will is absurd!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Onmi posted:

I'm guessing it's for getting a guy killed? kind of annoying, I need it to get the achievment.

skipping the tutorial strikes again :v:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Fanart time!

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
My memorial as of 18 October in 15e Classic, default DW, Special Warfare School:

Just a reminder to stack armor on your soldiers and carry plenty of medkits.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

bees everywhere posted:

Ivan Dolvich with double tap, 5 tiles from snake tits: "Sheet bag. I use all ammunition for veapon."

Best Ivan quote

Musluk
May 23, 2011

MrBims posted:

My memorial as of 18 October in 15e Classic, default DW, Special Warfare School:

PFC's are cheaper than medkits.

e: and armor.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

MrBims posted:

MIA and presumed lost?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

chairface posted:

MIA and presumed lost?

That means the mission was abandoned with the soldier not on board the Skyranger.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

I tweaked Long War to have a much shorter repair time for fighters

code:
INTERCEPTOR_REFUEL_RATE=6
INTERCEPTOR_REPAIR_HOURS=36
INTERCEPTOR_REARM_HOURS = 6			
INTERCEPTOR_TRANSFER_TIME = 12	
Despite this, my interceptors apparently require between 11 days and 24 days.

I am not under any circumstances playing with repair times in that range. Is this fixable but I just haven't tweaked the ini. correctly?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
All I can think of is that you might have modified the wrong file? Because the times you're getting sound like the default values.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

PiCroft posted:

I tweaked Long War to have a much shorter repair time for fighters

code:
INTERCEPTOR_REFUEL_RATE=6
INTERCEPTOR_REPAIR_HOURS=36
INTERCEPTOR_REARM_HOURS = 6			
INTERCEPTOR_TRANSFER_TIME = 12	
Despite this, my interceptors apparently require between 11 days and 24 days.

I am not under any circumstances playing with repair times in that range. Is this fixable but I just haven't tweaked the ini. correctly?

"INTERCEPTOR_REPAIR_HOURS=360 ; Hours to repair an interceptor with 100% damage. Setting this below 75 reportedly induces buggy behavior. If you play with this anyway, and get the 0-days-to-repair bug, set to 700+ until the bugs go away."

Set it to 75 instead.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Razakai posted:

"INTERCEPTOR_REPAIR_HOURS=360 ; Hours to repair an interceptor with 100% damage. Setting this below 75 reportedly induces buggy behavior. If you play with this anyway, and get the 0-days-to-repair bug, set to 700+ until the bugs go away."

Set it to 75 instead.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I take it this won't take effect until the next time an interceptor is damaged?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

PiCroft posted:

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I take it this won't take effect until the next time an interceptor is damaged?

That's correct. Keep in mind dynamic war will also alter repair times upwards since there are less missions and UFOs.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

That means the mission was abandoned with the soldier not on board the Skyranger.

Actually, that means they were sent on a covert op and the player let the mission expire. 'Unknown (major trauma)' is the cod for soldiers abandoned when you retreat.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I loved the MEC punch, until my MEC ran up and punched a sectoid commander that sent him flying into a fork lift truck which then exploded, killing my highest ranked medic that was hunkering down behind the truck waiting for the MEC to come and save him :mad:

I punched a Muton through a wall where four Floaters happened to be chilling for whatever reason, that was fun.

Onmi posted:

I have now outfitted all 60 of X-Com with their top tier weaponry. And they all have scopes. Now to grind out the elerium for armor. Then I have to do the Alienbase to finally get the Hyperwave Beacon so I can get Ghost Armor for all my Supports which make up about.... 1/3rd of all X-Com personel

Or should I also get all Ghost for my Assaults...

Are you seeing Sectopods yet, because if you are waiting this long you'll probably see them during base defense. That won't be pleasant.

EDIT: also from Easy->Normal, dear Lord are there a lot of sectoid commanders.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

RoanHorse posted:

Actually, that means they were sent on a covert op and the player let the mission expire. 'Unknown (major trauma)' is the cod for soldiers abandoned when you retreat.

Can't send PFCs as covert operatives. It was a soldier I sent on the extraction who was critically wounded and I left without them.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

RoanHorse posted:

I have also had MIA presumed loss happen when a soldier died from acid. Probably a bug.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yo rafiqa when did you get so good at trick shots

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I just finished my first EW Classic run and ended it by punching the Uber Ethereal off the back left balcony into the abyss.

loving ruled.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Onmi posted:

I did eventually get it, unfortunately I did not get an Ethreal on the mission, I got a few Sectopods and a lot of Mechtoids and Mutons, as well as a lot of Cyberdisks and Sectoid Commanders. But it seems there's a cap for "Base Defense" alien spawns.
Holy poo poo. Minus the Sectopods that's roughly what I got doing the alien base ASAP on Classic and I hadn't even researched lasers.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

MrBims posted:

Can't send PFCs as covert operatives. It was a soldier I sent on the extraction who was critically wounded and I left without them.

Gyrotica posted:

I have also had MIA presumed loss happen when a soldier died from acid. Probably a bug.

Weird. I was sure you could, and that that was the unique text for leaving them hanging too long.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Shumagorath posted:

Holy poo poo. Minus the Sectopods that's roughly what I got doing the alien base ASAP on Classic and I hadn't even researched lasers.

I'm pretty sure mechtoids and cyberdiscs are coded to appear in the base assault no matter how early you get it. You'll get more of them later on, but even if you do it early there are gonna be some dropping in.

If Omni didn't get an ethereal in his base assault despite holding off for that long AND having done the Overseer UFO before it, I don't think ethereals can actually appear in it.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm pretty sure mechtoids and cyberdiscs are coded to appear in the base assault no matter how early you get it. You'll get more of them later on, but even if you do it early there are gonna be some dropping in.

If Omni didn't get an ethereal in his base assault despite holding off for that long AND having done the Overseer UFO before it, I don't think ethereals can actually appear in it.

Except I'm pretty sure that someone earlier in the thread did have one. I know they can appear in it in Long War, but well, that's Long War.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I want to say that in my first victorious EW game, where I held off the alien base assault long enough to finish most of the tech tree, I got an Ethereal each from the two tunnels at the base entrance during the defense. I'm not positive it was EW, but it was so long ago that I don't think I had gotten into Long War yet.

• Locked thread