Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Wow, I've found quite the endorsement for Trump:

quote:

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
Mahatma Gandhi.

There is no doubt in my mind that Donald Trump would make America great again. He would clear the muck out of the stables of Congress and the senate through hearings into mismanagement, corruption and downright treachery all the way from Benghazi to the thousands of emails deleted by Hillary Clinton in defiance of a High court subpoena to produce them. He would fix the economy, address the structural weakness in trade negotiation, restore masculinity to the armed forces, close the borders, deport the foreign criminals who make up a third of the prison population, end Obamacare, smash the communist education system and common core, bring back jobs from China, India and Mexico and rebuild America’s tawdry old infrastructure from roads and bridges to airports so that young blacks for example have a different route through life than becoming social welfare bums and rioting killer bots for the Obama-led race-hate industry.

Of course the brainwashed young white Ipad-armed red progressives discharged in large numbers from the communist education system will sneer. Marxism is and always was from its inception essentially a revolution by the transnational Zionbankster elites against the people in which it uses its control of media to induce the mind-controlled masses to carry out their own destruction on their behalf. Progress after all in Marxist terms is the total annihilation and tearing down of traditional civilization in order to build a new one where everything defies the laws of nature, an impossible feat to achieve because it was never meant to happen in the first place.

Marxism’s Talmudic globalist paymasters actually have these latte drinking smart alecs en route to the jungle where the one race they want to wipe out will be safely, under the smog of a collapsing, degenerated economy and society; emasculated, pacifist, drug-taking, sexual degenerates prepared for their own demise, predated off the map by the oligarchs social-welfare maintained armies of incited Homo-Simian ‘youth’ and ‘teen’ chimps.

Into this ferment of negativity and engendered civilizational self-suicide has arrived Trump eager to save the America he loves, rather like a father who has to reason with an unreasonable child in the hope, just the hope that the wrong un becomes a right un, and whether he succeeds or fails he has done his job before God and his conscience. But the trillionaire Rothschild bankster Jews at the top of the pyramid who control all Western nations do not want America to succeed, it’s the last thing in the world they want. They want America to sink into a third world mixed-race hell hole like Mexico or Brazil, and most of all they want their SPLC-ACLU-NAACP cultivated minorities to wipe the white race off the face of the map.

I never really saw Donald Trump as America's Hitler before, but now it all makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Meanwhile, in the all-important primary state of Michigan:

"On the Democratic side Hillary Clinton leads with 57% to 25% for Bernie Sanders, 5% for Lincoln Chafee, 2% for Jim Webb, and 1% for Martin O'Malley. "

Not sure why O'Malley is even bothering at this point.

O'Malley is only 52, he's got a long time to redefine his image. I doubt he'll do much in the future without getting elected to the senate or something though. Which I also don't see happening.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
do we have a primary betting pool yet

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Grand Old (Trump) Party

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I never really saw Donald Trump as America's Hitler before, but now it all makes sense.

I can't tell if the source for that is real or a huge parody.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

This is parody right? It's RepublicanId.txt, it hits every single meme and talking point it can and reads like a stream of consciousness, it can't possibly be serious.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
EndZog.wordpress.com seems pretty legit as a site for racist idiots. That said, if you're going to post stuff, post a link to it, or a do not link to it as the case may be. Even if they're idiots it's still nice to be able to get the idiocy fresh from the source. http://www.donotlink.com/frfk

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
Turns out that Bill and Hillary released 12 years worth of tax returns when he was the Democratic presidential candidate in 1992 (going back to 1980), which covers the Whitewater years. Along with the tax returns released during Bill's presidency and the ones released by Hillary during her run in 2008, the Clintons have so far released 26 years of their tax returns. No doubt Hillary will release their returns up to the present if/when she gets the nomination for 2016.

So of course Jeb! pulled yet another half-assed, ill-considered political stunt against what in his mind must be a huge Clinton weakness. Unfortunately, like most Republicans, he's got the memory of a goldfish and couldn't possibly remember anything beyond the most recent few years, evidenced by the fact that he endorses the policy decisions and the hires the pack of clowns that hosed up everything in the middle east during the Bush administration.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

This is parody right?

It's identical to actual things written by neonazis, so probably not.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

GalacticAcid posted:

John Kasich will announce on July 21st. That will be his role in this cycle.

Kasich is running as George W. Bush. "Guys, let's tone down the rhetoric a tiny bit, bomb some browns, call ourselves compassionate, mention that gays are icky, but kinda ignore them instead of calling them fags, and redistribute income 90% upwards instead of 100%."

He is the "serious adult in the room." This is where we are as a nation.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Kasich is running as George W. Bush. "Guys, let's tone down the rhetoric a tiny bit, bomb some browns, call ourselves compassionate, mention that gays are icky, but kinda ignore them instead of calling them fags, and redistribute income 90% upwards instead of 100%."

He is the "serious adult in the room." This is where we are as a nation.

Kasich is dead in the water because he took Obamacare money and then told Republicans who didn't take it that they were lovely Christians.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Great White Hope posted:

Kasich is dead in the water because he took Obamacare money and then told Republicans who didn't take it that they were lovely Christians.

Hey, he's not wrong.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

AsInHowe posted:

Hey, he's not wrong.

Being right is the surest way to kill your chances for the Republican nomination

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Being right is the surest way to kill your chances for the Republican nomination

Unless you're extreme right. In both the political and the "WHAT PLANTS CRAVE" sense.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

Hey, he's not wrong.

Not saying he is, but that'll probably be the thing that sinks him if he ever gets momentum for being the governor from the state everyone is obsessed with winning every four years.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Great White Hope posted:

Kasich is dead in the water

As I said, he is this cycle's Jon Huntsman.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If you replace "gays are icky" with "gays are people but don't deserve to be married", sounds like Obama 2008-2014.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

TheDisreputableDog posted:

If you replace "gays are icky" with "gays are people but don't deserve to be married", sounds like Obama 2008-2014.

Except for the whole 'Doma is unconstitutional and should be repealed' thing which happened in 2011.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/letter-attorney-general-congress-litigation-involving-defense-marriage-act

TDD makes another lazy post that immediately flaccidly deflates into nothing.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Macy's has now cut ties with the yoogest, classiest candidate.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Who are the likely real frontrunners for the Republicans

It's like a hundred people are running

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and Scott Walker are the only people I'd say have a real chance, although Walker hasn't officially announced yet and is the most likely person to kill their campaign at the first debate.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

ZenVulgarity posted:

Jeb, Walker, Rubio, Santorum, is my guess. The rest are either not in it to win it or are joke candidates, or both.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Great White Hope posted:

Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and Scott Walker are the only people I'd say have a real chance, although Walker hasn't officially announced yet.

Lancelot posted:

Jeb, Walker, Rubio, Santorum, is my guess. The rest are either not in it to win it or are joke candidates, or both.

Thanks

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

Macy's has now cut ties with the yoogest, classiest candidate.

Who the hell buys Trump branded underwear anyway?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Obdicut posted:

Except for the whole 'Doma is unconstitutional and should be repealed' thing which happened in 2011.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/letter-attorney-general-congress-litigation-involving-defense-marriage-act

TDD makes another lazy post that immediately flaccidly deflates into nothing.

Oh so he ran in support of gay marriage in 2012?

Cite please

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Cite please

Literally the first hit on Google

You are tremendously bad at this. Go the Amerigin route, man: go whole hog.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Convex posted:

Who the hell buys Trump branded underwear anyway?

Donald Trump

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Cite please

Okay, you really are either deeply deeply dumb or actually a leftist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/us/politics/obama-says-same-sex-marriage-should-be-legal.html

“At a certain point, I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama said.

How did you manage to forget this?

Edit: beaten. That's how easily you get debunked.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

So with companies like Macy's being petitioned to drop Trump, have there been cases where the opposite has happened? Such as, some company/spokesperson coming out in support of something conservatives hate and pressure put on the company to either change stances or drop the spokesperson?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Faustian Bargain posted:

So with companies like Macy's being petitioned to drop Trump, have there been cases where the opposite has happened? Such as, some company/spokesperson coming out in support of something conservatives hate and pressure put on the company to either change stances or drop the spokesperson?

Well, Dixie Chicks.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Obdicut posted:

At a certain point, I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama said.

Jesus Christ the man can equivocate sometimes.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
TDD is a really boring troll.
I honestly don't think Jeb has the political chops to win the nomination. His pack of clowns can't win today's electorate. He's going to fail somewhere past Iowa, I think.

But hey, I've been wrong before. I was sure Trump wouldn't run, for example.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lancelot posted:

Santorum,

:911:

In any other context his Iowa win in 2012 would be a heartwarming underdog story. Unfortunately, it's Rick "Santorum" Santorum.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fargo Fukes posted:

Lawyer, senator, president. You don't get to be any of those three unless you are a bullshit artist of the freshest caliber, and becoming all three means you are a Jedi Master of bullshit.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Obdicut posted:

Well, Dixie Chicks.
This is a good one, but it was constrained to country music which is pretty much conservative anyway, especially 15 years ago. I remember my ex-wife being pissed about this because she was a huge fan but thought W was the second coming.

Any others?

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
I think I might sacrifice a goat or something to the gods in order to bestow increased favor on a Bernie vs The Donald general.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

VanSandman posted:

TDD is a really boring troll.

He can make some legitimately funny posts at times (not just in a "laugh at this GOP talking point" way), though!

Here is a CNN/ORC poll that has Hillary decimating every GOP wannabe by double digits:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/06/30/trumpbushclinton.pdf

The fun starts on page 13. Obviously, doesn't mean much at this point, but still interesting.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:911:

In any other context his Iowa win in 2012 would be a heartwarming underdog story. Unfortunately, it's Rick "Santorum" Santorum.

I don't think he's gonna win, but I think he's probably going to be the religious candidate who might be a frontrunner at some point — unlike, say, Huckabee, who just wants to sell some books.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Fargo Fukes posted:

That's not equivocation, especially in light of the context of the interview--which was about policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Lancelot posted:

How is Santorum not a joke candidate this time? He's Huckabee without the charm, and worst of all he's a Papist.

On that note, how is Rick Perry doing so poorly? He looks presidential, he's experienced, and he's far-right. On paper he seems like he'd be the top candidate. I can't imagine Republican primary voters care much about "oops" or his indictment.

Is it just because his support has gone to candidates preferred by the establishment (Walker/Bush/Rubio) and theocrat (Huckabee) wings of the party?

• Locked thread