Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Michael Cole
Michael Cole (Debut)
Michael Cole (Tuxedo)
Michael Cole (Frosted tips)
Michael Cole (WM27)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NowonSA posted:

I'm just now getting WWE Supercard, any tips for newcomers? Resources I should be hoarding, cards to cherish, etc?

Yeah, just stop playing now. There is zero point to the game. It's all just a random number generator in the end.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NowonSA posted:

I'm just now getting WWE Supercard, any tips for newcomers? Resources I should be hoarding, cards to cherish, etc?

I've been playing it since the beginning and yeah, there's really not much to it. I wouldn't bother with it, all the events require too much grinding/money to really get anything worthwhile once you're no longer in the newbie stages.

Play Final Fantasy Record Keeper instead. That's my f2p game of the year.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Ah, good feedback I guess, blame me for just going by an almost year old OP. Is Immortals worth checking out?

And yeah, I'm hopping right on FFRK.

Edit: I'm using Bluestacks by the way after finally deciding to give mobile games a shot due to Fallout Shelter, which I guess I'll get to enjoy in a few months, so I'm also looking for fun Android games in general. So far I'm deep into Simpsons Tapped Out and kinda burned out on Marvel's Future fight.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 1, 2015

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

NowonSA posted:

So far I'm deep into Simpsons Tapped Out and kinda burned out on Marvel's Future fight.

On second thoughts supercard might be for you

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I stopped playing Simpsons Tapped Out a long time ago, I'm almost afraid of how much they've added to the game if I were to step back into it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nut Bunnies posted:

Michael Cole
Michael Cole (Debut)
Michael Cole (Tuxedo)
Michael Cole (WM27)

Michael Cole (Wearing one shoe after Brock Lesnar F-5'd him on Raw earlier this year).

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
If there's anyone still playing SuperCard, the new update they did today added a friends list, so let's be friends maybe?

My Gamecenter ID is Dempsee82

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nut Bunnies posted:

Michael Cole
Michael Cole (Debut)
Michael Cole (Tuxedo)
Michael Cole (WM27)

This is what I'm assuming it's gonna be.

Hey guys we have unique models for CM Punk: Ugly Sideburns, CM Punk: Now With A Real Gross Bump, and CM PUNK: Classic! That's three done right there! Then you get into all the Rocks and Kanes and Undertakers and HHH's and how many actual wrestlers are on the loving roster guys.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Demp posted:

If there's anyone still playing SuperCard, the new update they did today added a friends list, so let's be friends maybe?

It also added Wrestlemania Fusions :suicide:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is what I'm assuming it's gonna be.

Hey guys we have unique models for CM Punk: Ugly Sideburns, CM Punk: Now With A Real Gross Bump, and CM PUNK: Classic! That's three done right there! Then you get into all the Rocks and Kanes and Undertakers and HHH's and how many actual wrestlers are on the loving roster guys.

So far they've confirmed that the 120+ "unique models of superstars/divas" are all shipping with the game, and are not multiple version of the same character.

They've yet to confirm how many of these are non playable characters (managers, announcers, etc.). "Shipping with the game" could also imply that they are on the disc but need to be unlocked via purchasing DLC or some poo poo. Either way, a frustratingly high amount of them could be locked behind a ridiculous unlock that requires you to buy an overpriced accelerator.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Minidust posted:

It also added Wrestlemania Fusions :suicide:

I don't know what it is about this current update but I feel like I've finally been pushed over the edge into giving up on Supercard.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Demp posted:

DelsaberGaiden here.

Heh, the new update replaced the ~mystery diva~ on the login screen with Sami Zayn.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

A nice feature of the Supercard update is that it now shows you when a card's special ability activates in a KOTR match, which is nice. As for WM Fusions, at least there are a lot more cards to get, so it will take a little longer for people to have decks full of Pros.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Astro7x posted:

I stopped playing Simpsons Tapped Out a long time ago, I'm almost afraid of how much they've added to the game if I were to step back into it.

I just bought Richard Nixon. I'm in too deep.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I'm willing to see how the new weekly thing goes before I consider dropping supercard - if it's as exploitative as PCC with the time commitment of RtG then I'm out.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Blasmeister posted:

I'm willing to see how the new weekly thing goes before I consider dropping supercard - if it's as exploitative as PCC with the time commitment of RtG then I'm out.

If it helps with the decision, you need to wait 3 weeks to get a pro. You only get 1 special card for getting to the end. Then you need to wait through a PCC and RTG for the next event to get the pair.

If it takes 1/2 the time of RTG to complete, then fine. Any more than that and I'm not going to do it.

For WM fusions, I've got 6 survivor fusions to dump in (a couple more if I manage to pull a couple WM Blassies). If I don't get a pro out of that, I think I'm done for good. Right now I'm down to only playing RTG anyway.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
There needs to be a mod for 2K15 to make The Bunny an alternate attire for Justin Gabriel.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

There needs to be a mod for 2K15 to make The Bunny an alternate attire for Justin Gabriel.

The Bunny costume glitches out like crazy.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Does it? Been watching videos of it and it seems to work fairly well, to be honest.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

Does it? Been watching videos of it and it seems to work fairly well, to be honest.

Meant if you go to edit it in attire edit

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Oh, yeah. Suppose that makes sense.

Although it would have been cool to make Colt Cabunny for your Chikara 2K15 mod!

Holy poo poo Chikara is actually possible now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't get over how awful WWE 2K15 is. I don't know what I expected, but everything just feels like a clunky PS2 game and not next gen at all. And the game is still a loving disaster where you need to have a guide to know how to do half the stuff in the game. I feel like nothing cool ever happens organically. I was trying to figure out how to do the Shield triple power bomb, and the game is so loving stupid that the animation takes so long that the ref DQs you for having your partners in the ring for more than a 5 count. WTF.

Returning this game to the library, glad I paid nothing for it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The SuperCard "Ring Domination" mode is kind of cool. It feels like one of those card mini-games from a '00s RPG.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Minidust posted:

The SuperCard "Ring Domination" mode is kind of cool. It feels like one of those card mini-games from a '00s RPG.

I enjoy it. I don't think I'll be playing to get the special card though. It is a good means of getting cards to power up my RTG cards and getting some fusion fodder since I hate playing exhibition.

I don't like that it could take you 3 days just to get the first card. If you're really bad at picks, but good at winning it could take you 18 wins (so around 3.5 hours waiting for bouts) to pull the first shard. then another 3.5 hours for #2 and so on. It gets easier the more shards you find, meaning it takes less bouts. But if you're really unlucky it could be the last piece every single time. And that's not taking into account losing when you only get 1 pick.

The double pick thing is pretty much mandatory if you're planning on trying for the special card. So fun to play. Not too fun to actually try to win.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Minidust posted:

Yeah I don't mind it. Guess I won't delete the game just yet.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I can't get over how awful WWE 2K15 is. I don't know what I expected, but everything just feels like a clunky PS2 game and not next gen at all. And the game is still a loving disaster where you need to have a guide to know how to do half the stuff in the game. I feel like nothing cool ever happens organically. I was trying to figure out how to do the Shield triple power bomb, and the game is so loving stupid that the animation takes so long that the ref DQs you for having your partners in the ring for more than a 5 count. WTF.

Returning this game to the library, glad I paid nothing for it.

This is the first WWE game available for the system I have that I'm entirely skipping since Know Your Role. I was fully prepared to buy a PS4 for this game, but when they gutted the creation suite that killed any interest I had for it.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I've said this a few times, but 2K15 is an amazing current day WWE game to date. Fantastic presentation, but much like the real product you are genuinely fatigued after one match. Put it away for a week [or few months] and dish it out and repeat.

It's like a chicken wing, not much meat, quite tasty, and leaves you with barebones after. Possibly the shits.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I could eat chicken wings until I fall into a food coma, though.

2K15 I will probably put down after 15 minutes.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

I'm almost done the Survivor card (Miz) in the new mode, and it took me about 60 bouts, or around 12 hours using the pick doubler. So if I never use the doubler again as I don't intend on dropping $6 on this mode anymore, it should take people around 24 hours to finish a card. So in theory you could get all 3 cards in a 4 day event... If you don't sleep for 3 of those days. Or get super lucky with picks.

So ya... Going to use it to level RTG cards and not much else.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Happitoo posted:

I'm almost done the Survivor card (Miz) in the new mode, and it took me about 60 bouts, or around 12 hours using the pick doubler. So if I never use the doubler again as I don't intend on dropping $6 on this mode anymore, it should take people around 24 hours to finish a card. So in theory you could get all 3 cards in a 4 day event... If you don't sleep for 3 of those days. Or get super lucky with picks.

Yeah, I'm playing it when my bouts refresh because it's a fun mini-game, but I'm certainly never going to be playing with the intent of earning the event card. I haven't kept track of how many rounds I've played, but I've only got about five shards revealed so far.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah, it's a fun game but the rewards are way lower than RtG and you don't even seem to earn even a fraction of the incidental picks that RtG throws at you. You don't even get any energy, so using it to run KotRs at the same time is out too. Maybe it'll put enough people off that they change it up a little next time.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
Did I miss the Immortals Ambrose thing? Someone posted it was on a while ago but I wasn't seeing it so I assumed it was iphone being ahead of android again. Been booting it up every day for a month+, back in and out of menus, never saw any events.

Now I turn it on today and 12 days remaining on Bryan challenge again? Have I been in some kind of content vortex?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ExMortis posted:

Did I miss the Immortals Ambrose thing? Someone posted it was on a while ago but I wasn't seeing it so I assumed it was iphone being ahead of android again. Been booting it up every day for a month+, back in and out of menus, never saw any events.

Now I turn it on today and 12 days remaining on Bryan challenge again? Have I been in some kind of content vortex?

Sometimes I have to start the game, exit, then restart to get it to come up. I don't know why I have to do that, but yeah, you missed Ambrose

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
yeah i believe ambrose lasted 7 days, much like how steph lasted like 5. i can understand missing them if you don't play on a daily basis much like me.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

No, they lasted about 14-17 days. They were back to back however. I'm glad there is always something to do, but if you are not constantly checking in, you'll miss a lot too.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It's February 2000 in my TEW game, and Jeff Jarrett just beat Ken Shamrock for the AI-controlled WWF Title.

Ah what could have been.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Happitoo posted:

Took me two and a half days to get the Miz. Stardust isn't looking good.

Gotta agree with the general consensus...the game itself is neat; the reward system is a bit crap.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah I'm still like 8 pieces off of miz. even if I were running doublers all the time I'd not have a shot at completing, so this event needs some serious rebalancing on the payouts side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYH2qZIgxMk&t=27s