Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Snowmankilla posted:

That sucks. I was pumped about that and was holding off till I got tired of XCOM.
Autumn Dynasty was really fun but it has less maps than Majesty, and they average maybe 3-12 minutes for most of them. I was really pissed off by the final battle because I kind of had a feeling I was running out of "campaign map space" , and then I just got this gigantic bullshit map with enemies attacking from all sides and build points every loving where, and I created way over 100 units and lost 90+ (according to the end of match stats) and then suddenly out of nowhere a loving supporting character just annihilates every enemy with a cluster bomb cannon. Twice.

The reveal about the reason the chinese bandits wore white devil masks was loving hysterical, but the game itself lacks good maps. Only maybe two or three were really interesting, and most were tutorial-level length and depth. I liked the map where they gave me 4 units and then told me to stop 40+ units from destroying all the buildings on the map, but that was the only one which took more than a half-rear end first try and then a clean second run.

And no I won't spoiler any of that, because if you pay 5 bucks for this game you'll be about as pissed as me that the only really challenging map (and very final one of the gam) was finished by magic plot devices because it seems as though nobody could properly balance it.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

beaner69 posted:

Qooapp lets you download from asian countries.

Qoo app is what everyone uses to download Japanese/USA/almost all region locked games.
http://blog.qoo-app.com/

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Anyone have a link to a guide for 80 Days that is less 'be sure to choose to rotate the Buddha's left nipple counter-clockwise to unlock the secret time machine' and more 'this is what it means when something's price is listed as '£5/80d'?

I think its specific meaning is that its price is 5 pounds and 80 pence (80 Days takes place before the UK decimalised their currency. I think the developers left it for flavour), but in practice it means it is either cheap to buy or nearly worthless to sell.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the Qooapp suggestion!

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
Wrassling updated a few days ago, and is the best game. They added co-op, pvp, and now you can play as a boss.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If anyone wishes they could play One Finger Death Punch as Snake Eyes, GI Joe: Strike should be available worldwide.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

If anyone wishes they could play One Finger Death Punch as Snake Eyes, GI Joe: Strike should be available worldwide.

I am broadly in favor of more OFDP clones. Not least of which because I sunk 20+ hours into the PC version but don't like the mobile version very much.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Looks like Taito's well received iOS rhythm game series Groove Coaster has come to Android in the form of Groove Coaster 2.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Paladinus posted:

I also tried Andy today, and if it supported phone emulation and could be rooted on Mac, it would be the best. Still, pretty much ideal for gaming purposes from what I gathered.

Well, at least it crashes on startup instead of wasting precious minutes, so that's an improvement. Something less resource-intensive, maybe?

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!
The genuinely awesome Android version of King of Dragon Pass is 50% off right now. Pick it up if you haven't, its worth every penny even at full price.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Blek is on sale for a dollar. Really fun and unique minimalist artsy puzzle game.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Xander77 posted:

Well, at least it crashes on startup instead of wasting precious minutes, so that's an improvement. Something less resource-intensive, maybe?

Why do you keep hiding links in your posts? Some kind of toxx?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

shadok posted:

I'm going to out myself as a serial player of lovely freemium sim city games, but... is anyone still playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out and/or Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff? I could use some friends in both, for whatever advantages that confers.

I've been playing Simpsons for far too long. Sure you can spend money, but during events they give out so much free poo poo, and a new character with a building each time you level up. Right now there is a month long sporting event going on where you compete against your neighbours.

PeePotSA and my dummy city if you want to win some Tap Ball matches: FrancisBaconStrp (not a typo)

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Gems of Battle is really good and can someone invite me once a spot in the guild is available? Code is WANTON SAVAGERY.

:)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Gems of War trip report:

That bear that's on special this week? If you can get the bear... get the bear. The bear is fun. At level 10 it's easy to get him to hit for 14-16.

Everything said previously appears true. PvP is pretty easy -- going first and not having derpy AI makes lots of enemy teams much less fearsome -- and it's a great way to get enough gold to open new areas and to afford the Arena to level your guys to have an easier time getting gold in PvP and so on. Getting your PvP rank up high also gets you Glory daily -- which will help you get the bear.

Some fun Arena units to watch for are Satyr (Ambush hits the last enemy for 8 and gives another turn), Boar Rider (kill a row to set up skulls or another combo, take another turn), and Rock Worm (spamming Burrow is risky but fun).

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Looks like Taito's well received iOS rhythm game series Groove Coaster has come to Android in the form of Groove Coaster 2.

I really love rhythm games but hadn't heard of this before. The presentation and gameplay are both spectacular, but all the music is too, well, japanese rythm game techno for me to enjoy. Especially when I went in to preview some of the tracks you can purchase to play. If you are really into overpowering gabber and / dubstep made by Japanese nerds this will be a good game for you. Looking the game up online also shows me that some of the tracks can get extremely difficult, so don't worry about the game being too easy. Also can't overstate how pretty this game can be. It's worth the free download just for the visual aspect alone.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

EzEight posted:

Tried Vainglory, it is very fun and a really good way to port the MOBA experience to mobile but while you can play it on a phone it's meant for tablet. I wouldn't recommend playing it on a phone last hitting minions is incredibly hard on a tiny screen.

It is incredibly fast pace and fun.
Edit: bad grammar

Please tell me it doesn't have last hitting.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

slouch posted:

I really love rhythm games but hadn't heard of this before. The presentation and gameplay are both spectacular, but all the music is too, well, japanese rythm game techno for me to enjoy. Especially when I went in to preview some of the tracks you can purchase to play. If you are really into overpowering gabber and / dubstep made by Japanese nerds this will be a good game for you. Looking the game up online also shows me that some of the tracks can get extremely difficult, so don't worry about the game being too easy. Also can't overstate how pretty this game can be. It's worth the free download just for the visual aspect alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtjtipqRLag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx3cQTjKk0s

Wha- what am I seeing?! :lsd:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

vulturesrow posted:

Please tell me it doesn't have last hitting.

Last hitting creeps for gold is a main part of the game, they even have a tutorial so you can train your last hitting skills with a hero.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

EzEight posted:

Last hitting creeps for gold is a main part of the game, they even have a tutorial so you can train your last hitting skills with a hero.

Gross

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Alehkhs posted:

[videos]

Wha- what am I seeing?! :lsd:

These are captured from the arcade version of the game but that's exactly how the android version looks. I don't know if the phone version has songs that get quite that difficult but you can purchase the tracklist from the arcade version and a lot of the tracks have "arcade easy/normal/hard" difficulty settings in addition to just easy/normal/hard. I presume that means the arcade difficulties are exactly the same as you would see in an actual game cabinet.

Edit: Digging around through the in-game documents I found out that "Arcade Mode" means that the track is more difficult and can require more than one finger. So I doubt it's a 1-for-1 recreation of the arcade tracks. Who knows v :kiddo: v

Second Edit: Correction, the first video is of the arcade version and the second is of the phone version. I'm figuring all this out as I go.

slouch fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 2, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Is there an android phone thread? I need a new phone.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Nyaa posted:

Probably in SH/SC somewhere.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
it's in IYG http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689060

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

You're seeing a super badass game. I got it last night and have been playing it quite a bit, however I haven't gotten to those hard of levels yet.

You should get it! It's free. :)

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Nyaa posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689060

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Thanks goon! :)

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
has anyone been playing sudden bonus? I cant figure out how to get those bonus crates that go flying over your head. one of the first challenges is to collect two of them so I feel like im definitely missing something very basic here.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

PeePot posted:

I've been playing Simpsons for far too long. Sure you can spend money, but during events they give out so much free poo poo, and a new character with a building each time you level up. Right now there is a month long sporting event going on where you compete against your neighbours.

PeePotSA and my dummy city if you want to win some Tap Ball matches: FrancisBaconStrp (not a typo)

Maybe I'm just dumb, but how do you add friends just by name? I thought they had to be FB or Origin friends.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Hey advanced gemmers, are all the purple rarity units here http://gemsofwar.com/game-guide-troop-list/ available by finishing the quests in that region? Looking for someone to round out Hero/Luther/Bear. Divinion Fields and Forest of Thorns and Stormheim all have purple/yellow epic troops hmmm

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
For those of you pining for it like me, Fallout Shelter in August!

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Sho in spite of the terrible last hitting mechanic being in Vainglory I'm actually digging it. Is there a thread for it?

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

New Leaf posted:

For those of you pining for it like me, Fallout Shelter in August!

i was, but my fiancee has an iphone and said it gets really boring after a couple days when you realize it just wants you to buy boosts and stuff

kind of disappointing.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

inSTAALed posted:

i was, but my fiancee has an iphone and said it gets really boring after a couple days when you realize it just wants you to buy boosts and stuff

kind of disappointing.

Why would you buy boosts when a radroach infestation at the wrong time can completely wipe your vault?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I've played vainglory more than all the other mobile games I've played combined.

Mind you, I don't really like mobile games in general, so vainglory feels like most like a full fledged PC game I've ever played on a phone/tablet.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Thanks for the Groove Coaster 2 recommendation. I got it yesterday and am managing to have a great time with it in spite of the fact that I am awful at rhythm games. It's a beautiful game.

The pegasus avatar you can unlock is great. I'm sure one of the many, many, many reasons I miss beats is because I get distracted looking at the pretty horsey. :downs:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Echoing the Groove Coaster 2 love. Is the Engrish in it intentional or not? It's so bad it seems like it would have to be.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

inSTAALed posted:

kind of disappointing.
From the talk about how glitchy it was when you go out of the game, that might not have been them forcing you to buy boosts. Apparently there was a glitch that made everything go to poo poo every time you exited the game for some short period of time - you'd come back and everyone's dead, irradiated, on fire, radroaches all over, etc.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Put me in queue for the gems of war guild, please. Invite code is TESTICULUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Never been prouder

Sidenote: there are a ton of 1/21 etc guilds out there. Those people must have stories

I'm rereading this post and I want to squeeze in an Emotion/Rage + Oulipo joke so bad but it isn't coming to me.

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 3, 2015