Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

Three pictures of my recently acquired cat:

A good catte.

This cat

sleeps in a pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sociopastry posted:

This cat

sleeps in a pie.

I. WAS. SLEEPING :black101:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pizookie posted:

I know Tama the station cat was mentioned on the last page, but turns out 3,000 people attended her funeral and she's been given the status of Shinto goddess :unsmith:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/29/tama-the-cat-3000-attend-elaborate-funeral-for-japans-feline-stationmaster

I also find it adorable that her successor is named Nitama :3:

In an age of rapid change in the structure of the Japanese workforce, Tama followed a more traditional route, winning seniority-based promotions during her eight-year tenure.

This quote from the article in particular made me smile. No handouts for Tama-chan, she pulled herself up by her bootstraps.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Straight from Spirited Away! :kimchi:

:colbert:
But seriously, that's a crazy-cute fluffball.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

BrigadierSensible posted:

In an age of rapid change in the structure of the Japanese workforce, Tama followed a more traditional route, winning seniority-based promotions during her eight-year tenure.

This quote from the article in particular made me smile. No handouts for Tama-chan, she pulled herself up by her bootstraps.

She worked her way up from occasional station visitor to goddess, I wouldn't knock her method.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Teddybear posted:

She worked her way up from occasional station visitor to goddess, I wouldn't knock her method.

That's my strategy with visiting the ice cream store

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
The Persistence of Cat.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Forgall posted:

The Fursistence of Memory.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Ugh. 3 hospital visits in under a week. Please give cute cuddly things that will keep my blood pressure down. :kimchi:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Casu Marzu posted:

Ugh. 3 hospital visits in under a week. Please give cute cuddly things that will keep my blood pressure down. :kimchi:

Here is my ex's cat:

And here is my cat:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

All shamelessly lifted from some imgur album that say "This is the smallest African wild cat, the black-footed cat. Adults weigh in as little as 3 lbs or less."

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.

It's even better when set to music! :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaNbDYGmGwc

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
The best 4th of July party ever and it's only the 1st.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Casu Marzu posted:

Here is my floof. His name is Ziggy:

Sorry about your hospital visits :(

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Update: Nosy is back home, having expeled the rubber band. Thanks for the fluffy no leg cat :)

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Mute the one on the left.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

cash crab posted:

That's my strategy with visiting the ice cream store

I just wanted to say this post made me giggle out loud. Thanks for that.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Recently a chapter of the Girl Scouts of America received a $100,000 donation. However not long afterwards the "charitable" person sent in a letter stipulating that they did not want any of the money going towards helping transgender girls.

So they returned it, saying, "“Girl Scouts is for every girl, and every girl should have the opportunity to be a Girl Scout if she wants to.”

They decided to put up a fundraiser campaign as $100K is a lot and would have paid for 500 girls to attend camp this summer.

In two days they've made nearly $250K and they still have 29 days to go. :3: Their campaign video is freaking adorable.

Transmogrifier has a new favorite as of 12:06 on Jul 1, 2015

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That Girl Scout story/vid is making me cry like a big old baby over here :3:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Your cat seems to have melted; you should probably do something about that.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Pookah posted:

That Girl Scout story/vid is making me cry like a big old baby over here :3:

Don't worry, I cried too. :3::hf::3:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Thank you guys. Was nice to see some :3: this morning when I took my meds.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

DarklyDreaming posted:

Three pictures of my recently acquired cat:

Aw, she's a pretty girl. She looks a lot like my brother's cat:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Foxhound posted:

All shamelessly lifted from some imgur album that say "This is the smallest African wild cat, the black-footed cat. Adults weigh in as little as 3 lbs or less."

Thanks, these are my new go-to for when I am feeling sad

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

What have I done to merit such a stern look!? I must know!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Today, Sir Nicholas Winton passed away at the age of 106.

If you've never heard his name before, watch this video and get ready to turn on the waterworks. In a good way.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Drone posted:

If you've never heard his name before, watch this video and get ready to turn on the waterworks. In a good way.

The world is a poorer place without him.

quote:

Winton kept quiet about his humanitarian exploits for many years, until his wife Grete found a detailed scrapbook in their attic in 1988.[19] It contained lists of the children, including their parents' names and the names and addresses of the families that took them in. By sending letters to these addresses, 80 of "Winton's children" were found in Britain.[19] The world found out about his work in 1988 during an episode of the BBC television programme That's Life![20] when he was invited as a member of the audience. At one point Winton's scrapbook was shown and his achievements were explained. The host of the programme, Esther Rantzen, asked whether any in the audience owed their lives to Winton, and, if so, to stand – more than two dozen people surrounding Winton rose and applauded.[21]

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

cash crab posted:

Thanks, these are my new go-to for when I am feeling sad

Black-Footed Cats are the jumping spiders of the cat world.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My cat saw an oscillating fan for the first time last night.

Sorry my phone sucks at Camera.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sorry my phone sucks at Camera.

Yeah, I'm catsitting for my parents this weekend and I'm in the same boat. I think Apple secretly replaced the camera on the iphone 4 with a potato

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Shiba being fabulous

Shiba sleeping like a velociraptor fossil

Away, peasant!

A fight to the death!

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

More Wood Duck babbies.

duckling-run by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

duckling-dark by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

duckling-flap by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

drake-and-duckling by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

This is Tea a maine coon that allows humans to live in her apartment.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Drone posted:

They did a similar thing for him later in 2002, where even more showed up. Every interview and appearance I've seen of him, he seems honestly shocked that people consider him a hero, and overjoyed to tears to see his work has created so many happy lives. Every time. The man deserves sainthood.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is funny because here in Brazil, where capybaras are pretty common, they were never associated to "hot springs" (I suppose they like it in Japan because is too cold for capybaras there) nor were never considered pets (they are much more associated with food, specially for people in the country, where capybara hunting is a tradition).

It's true that many South Americans don't think they're anything special, but I adore them :3:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You can do whatever you want in life.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

flosofl posted:

The world is a poorer place without him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0aoifNziKQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Casu Marzu posted:

Cat purrs literally lower blood pressure: http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/catPurrNoiseGenerator.php

I have literally fallen asleep to this site.

• Locked thread