Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

*Wing place owner cross-checking meat prices* Meow we're talking

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

In Training posted:

There was a really popular wing place near my high school that lots f kids went to every day for lunch and it got shut down after a few years because it turns out they were using cat meat to make the wings.

There was a wing place I really enjoyed but it got replaced by a pretty crummy wing place that doesn't have enough windows

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

There was a really popular wing place near my high school that lots f kids went to every day for lunch and it got shut down after a few years because it turns out they were using cat meat to make the wings.

hosed up, cats don't even have wings

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

When I was a teenager I used to go to this one Subway really often until one day I tried to go there and found it had been shut down for health code violations. I haven't been to a Subway since.

I used to live in a small town and our only options were Subway and Quizznos. I went to Quizznos once and it sucked so for the longest time I thought Subway was the best.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

littleorv posted:

Do I go standard or expert sphere grid in FFX?

Standard basically gives everybody a set "class" for most of the game until you can get creative later and mix and match parts of the grid. Expert is open from the very beginning, which means more freedom but you also gotta want to plan that stuff out more.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

littleorv posted:

Do I go standard or expert sphere grid in FFX?

Standard.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I remember FFX being real easy minus one optional boss I never beat.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Depending on your play style there are three bosses that might be a problem, but it's definitely not a hard game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

International version added a lot of bullshit optional bosses but yeah, it's easy.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Kicking myself already for going with the default name instead of asslicker

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I really enjoy :spergin: out over rpgs and trying to get the most out of the mechanics but it sucks when there's no great challenge for me at the end.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I really enjoy :spergin: out over rpgs and trying to get the most out of the mechanics but it sucks when there's no great challenge for me at the end.

The final boss in the international version is one of the toughest bosses in the ff franchise.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Have you played some of the earlier SMT games?

Nocturne namely

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pho and ramen are nothing alike. Other than if you were to describe them you would use the words "soup" and "noodles".

They are both god drat delicious however.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Nocturne namely

The hardest boss in the game is Matador.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

I also just found out there is a place not too far from me that sells shawarma, which is the Arabic version of doner. I'll have to try that this weekend

shoarma is not the same as doner. its like saying that gyros is the same thing

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

The hardest boss in the game is Matador.

I beat him my first try.

I knew he was coming though. Shh

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I live in California, so everything is everywhere. I was practically raised on Pho though, and Little Saigon is a 20 minute drive away.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

shoarma is not the same as doner. its like saying that gyros is the same thing

Right, shawarma/gyros/doner are in the same nebula of meat wraps. They're all different variations and doner reigns supreme.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

littleorv posted:

Whoa. You're worst/best girl and Butt Ghost right?
Yes I am all of them

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

little known fact: the best variation is kapsalon. tons of meat, tons of fries, bit of salad and tons of sauce in 1 tiny dish. its like turkish poutine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

little known fact: the best variation is kapsalon. tons of meat, tons of fries, bit of salad and tons of sauce in 1 tiny dish. its like turkish poutine

I googled this and it looks cool

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

In Training posted:

When I lived in NYC I found that there was exactly one "real ramen" place near me and I went there multiple days in a row at different times of he day and the wait was always out the door and down the block. So I've never had real ramen. Where I live now I'm 5 minutes from a Pho place which is basically the same anyway

was it the place with the big tanuki statue and the cotton candy machine outside? i went to a place like that when i was in manhattan and it was cool. i can't remember the name though.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Kapsalon is high in calories, with each serving containing approximately 1800 kcal.

:eyepop:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

in canada you can get donair poutine. it's good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

in canada you can get donair poutine. it's good

??

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Kapsalon is high in calories, with each serving containing approximately 1800 kcal.

:eyepop:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchy_box
:scotland:

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

It's gross though, UK donner is worst donner

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Wow.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I find this very disturbing.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

drat

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

kapsalon!! kapsalon!! rotterdam!!! roffa 010!!! :sotw:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

DUTCH PRIDE

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Love this genderweird moonchild.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Nocturne namely

I have not. Which one for DS would you recommend?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I shamefully missed the boat on the animator's expo things, are they mirrored anywhere or am I SOL?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Love this genderweird moonchild.

the best gundam protag

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I have not. Which one for DS would you recommend?

For the DS? The Devil Survivor series is a SRPG that can be difficult if you don't know what you are doing (I.e me). So either one of those two games is a decent pickup. Devil Survivor 1 has a better story while 2 has much better characters. Strange Journey is more of a traditional first person dungeon crawler that is really solid. But the dungeons get really bullshit around the fourth area.

Etrian Oddyssey isn't part of the SMT series but is also done by Atlus and it is a traditional first person dungeon crawler with very little story and you can build a party however you want. Pretty challenging as far as I know. I have only put 10 hours into IV.

The SMT thread is full of people smarter than me so you may want to ask there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dmboogie posted:

I shamefully missed the boat on the animator's expo things, are they mirrored anywhere or am I SOL?

they're on nyaa

• Locked thread