Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

rizuhbull posted:

This has probably been asked; but what program allows live video and audio sharing?
Voicemeter and skype? Or do you mean like a streaming program, like OBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Niggurath posted:

Voicemeter and skype? Or do you mean like a streaming program, like OBS?
Voicemeter paired with skype? Thanks. That's what I meant.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

I think I've asked this before, but does anyone have any alternatives to using Skype screen share? I don't like using Skype for streaming because the audio quality is pretty poor, so I usually use TeamSpeak, but I'd still like to share the screen while streaming.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Steam broadcasts have actually worked quite well for me if you're playing a PC game.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Steam broadcasts have actually worked quite well for me if you're playing a PC game.

Will that work for emulators/...actually, console games I would still need, any chance it would work with just showing OBS's window? Meh.

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011
I am trying to append two AVI files together in Avisynth for editing, one is a raw 20 minute long recording using dxtory, the other is a 2 minute long edit I made in After Effects. Both are lossless AVI files, but they ended up with seperate bit rates so I cannot combine them in Avisynth. Is there a way around this? I tried using
code:
Source1=AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1full.avi")
Source2=AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1-bosscut.avi")
Return Source1+Source2
but it throws the same error as if I just tried to append them using
code:
AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1full.avi") +\
AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1-bosscut.avi")
Is there a way around this? I really don't want to spend 2 hours rendering in aftereffects for a complicated 10s video edit.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mairn posted:

I am trying to append two AVI files together in Avisynth for editing, one is a raw 20 minute long recording using dxtory, the other is a 2 minute long edit I made in After Effects. Both are lossless AVI files, but they ended up with seperate bit rates so I cannot combine them in Avisynth. Is there a way around this? I tried using
code:
Source1=AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1full.avi")
Source2=AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1-bosscut.avi")
Return Source1+Source2
but it throws the same error as if I just tried to append them using
code:
AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1full.avi") +\
Is there a way around this? I really don't want to spend 2 hours rendering in aftereffects for a complicated 10s video edit.
Did you try ++ instead of just +; also what's the error that it's giving you?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Presumably framerates, not bitrates. Bitrates don't matter in Avisynth. Try changing both of them to a common framerate with ChangeFPS().

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011
Using
code:
AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1full.avi") ++\
I am getting the following error in VirtualDubMod

quote:

Avisynth open failure:
Splice: Video formats don't match
(E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\opening.avs, line 2)

Both files are AVI files, both are 1440 x 810

The longer file has a bit rate of 1121280kbps, the shorter file has a bitrate of 841369kpbs.
Both are 30fps, both were originally encoded with Lagarith Lossless, but the shorter file was edited in After Effects.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
That actually means color formats. Try ConvertToYV12() on both. Like:

code:
AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1full.avi").ConvertToYV12() ++\
AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1-bosscut.avi").ConvertToYV12()

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Do
code:
return AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1full.avi").Info()
for both files, one at a time, and compare the info it gives you. There has to be an actual difference somewhere, perhaps the colorspace?

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011

Xenoveritas posted:

That actually means color formats. Try ConvertToYV12() on both. Like:

code:
AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1full.avi").ConvertToYV12() ++\
AviSource("E:\Axiom Verge LP Test\episode1-bosscut.avi").ConvertToYV12()

I used the info return and it is color format. One is RGB 32, other is RGB 24.

ConvertToYV12 doesn't open, gives an error at the bottom of the screen: VideoSourceAVI errorL An unknown error occurred (may be corrupt data). (error code -100)

ConertToYV12 doesn't work on one of the AVI files individually either.

EDIT: Used .ConvertoRGB24 on the 32 clip and it works now.

Thanks for all the help!

Mairn fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 30, 2015

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
The reason I recommended ConvertToYV12 is that you're going to need to do that at the end anyway when you go to encode the file. I guess ConvertToYV12 doesn't like RGB24 color formats. (So you may need to convert to RGB32 and then YV12.)

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

The T posted:

Will that work for emulators/...actually, console games I would still need, any chance it would work with just showing OBS's window? Meh.

If you launch a Steam game and then Alt-Tab to the desktop, you start broadcasting that instead, so it would work. You can also add the other games to the Steam Library through the "Add a Non-Steam Game..." which will also work with broadcasting.

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011

Xenoveritas posted:

The reason I recommended ConvertToYV12 is that you're going to need to do that at the end anyway when you go to encode the file. I guess ConvertToYV12 doesn't like RGB24 color formats. (So you may need to convert to RGB32 and then YV12.)

Yeah, I added it when I go to Mux it, it just refused to open YV12 in VirtualDub.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Not strictly related to LP, but you guys are where I learned AviSynth. I agreed to edit some video for a friend, and despite some...annoyances, it's been going relatively well. I stripped out the audio from the clips to edit it all together in audacity, output in WAV format. But for some reason when I try to use AudioDub, it doesn't actually add the audio track. Audio track is in the same folder as the AVS, videos are in subfolders based on which camera it the clip was shot on. I cannot help the fact they are all in a stupid format, with different frame sizes and framerates, thus all the ConvertFPS and Spline64Resize.

code:
clip1 = QTInput("/A kevin/MVI_0001.mov")
clip2 = QTInput("/B penny/MVI_0010.mov")
clip3 = QTInput("/C alex/MVI_1021.mov")
clip4 = QTInput("/C alex/MVI_1023.mov")
clip5 = QTInput("/A kevin/MVI_0003.mov")
clip6 = QTInput("/B penny/MVI_0011.mov")
audio = WavSource("Dean_Runaway.wav")

clip1 = clip1.Trim(50,356)
clip2 = clip2.Trim(440,652)
clip3 = clip3.Trim(1198,1434)
clip4 = clip4.Trim(450,1315)
clip5 = clip5.Trim(90,300)
clip6 = clip6.Trim(60,498)

clip1 = ConvertFPS(clip1, clip2)
clip2 = clip2.Spline64Resize(1280,720)
clip2 = Tweak(clip2, bright = 30, cont = 1.3)
clip3 = clip3.Spline64Resize(1280,720)
clip3 = convertFPS(clip3, clip2)
clip4 = clip4.Spline64Resize(1280,720)
clip4 = convertFPS(clip4, clip2)
clip5 = convertFPS(clip5, clip2)
clip6 = clip6.Spline64Resize(1280,720)
clip6 = convertFPS(clip6, clip2)
clip6 = Tweak(clip6, sat = .70, maxSat = 75, minSat = 55, bright = 20, cont = 1.2)

fullclip = clip1 + clip2 + clip3 + clip4 + clip5 + clip6
Audiodub(fullclip, audio)
ConvertToYV12()

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

taiyoko posted:

Not strictly related to LP, but you guys are where I learned AviSynth. I agreed to edit some video for a friend, and despite some...annoyances, it's been going relatively well. I stripped out the audio from the clips to edit it all together in audacity, output in WAV format. But for some reason when I try to use AudioDub, it doesn't actually add the audio track. Audio track is in the same folder as the AVS, videos are in subfolders based on which camera it the clip was shot on. I cannot help the fact they are all in a stupid format, with different frame sizes and framerates, thus all the ConvertFPS and Spline64Resize.

code:
clip1 = QTInput("/A kevin/MVI_0001.mov")
clip2 = QTInput("/B penny/MVI_0010.mov")
clip3 = QTInput("/C alex/MVI_1021.mov")
clip4 = QTInput("/C alex/MVI_1023.mov")
clip5 = QTInput("/A kevin/MVI_0003.mov")
clip6 = QTInput("/B penny/MVI_0011.mov")
audio = WavSource("Dean_Runaway.wav")

clip1 = clip1.Trim(50,356)
clip2 = clip2.Trim(440,652)
clip3 = clip3.Trim(1198,1434)
clip4 = clip4.Trim(450,1315)
clip5 = clip5.Trim(90,300)
clip6 = clip6.Trim(60,498)

clip1 = ConvertFPS(clip1, clip2)
clip2 = clip2.Spline64Resize(1280,720)
clip2 = Tweak(clip2, bright = 30, cont = 1.3)
clip3 = clip3.Spline64Resize(1280,720)
clip3 = convertFPS(clip3, clip2)
clip4 = clip4.Spline64Resize(1280,720)
clip4 = convertFPS(clip4, clip2)
clip5 = convertFPS(clip5, clip2)
clip6 = clip6.Spline64Resize(1280,720)
clip6 = convertFPS(clip6, clip2)
clip6 = Tweak(clip6, sat = .70, maxSat = 75, minSat = 55, bright = 20, cont = 1.2)

Audiodub(fullclip, audio)
ConvertToYV12()

You could always try muxing it in after the video's encoded?

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I've had that happen as well, where everything looks like audiodub should work, but it somehow refuses. Then I end up replacing the last lines with something like the following, and usually it works, but I hope that someone else might be able to explain why.

end = audiodub(fullclip, audio)
end .ConvertToYV12()

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What if you change the end to be like so:
code:
fullclip = Audiodub(fullclip, audio).ConvertToYV12()
return fullclip

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Also please do not use ConvertFPS(), use ChangeFPS() instead.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Also please do not use ConvertFPS(), use ChangeFPS() instead.

AviSynth wiki posted:

ChangeFPS changes the frame rate by deleting or duplicating frames.
The filter [ConvertFPS] attempts to convert the frame rate of clip to new_rate without dropping or inserting frames, providing a smooth conversion with results similar to those of standalone converter boxes. The output will have (almost) the same duration as clip, but the number of frames will change proportional to the ratio of target and source frame rates.

The way those were worded made me concerned that if I used ChangeFPS, the new frame rate would mean my cuts would be mistimed due to deleted frames.

Muxing after the video is encoded didn't work (using MeGUI's mp4 muxer), and neither did Fleve's suggestion.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I think I found a much simpler way of sharing audio via skype than fiddling with voicemeeter and virtual audio cable. This should work when sharing screen.

I enabled stereo mix in recording devices, then skype>tools>options>audio settings>microphone>stereo mix

If anyone can try it out and let me know, I'd appreciate it. It seems to work when I'm messing with skype's echotest123 but I can't seem to get my mic loud enough.

e: just realized that it'll probably pick up your mic twice. gently caress.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

taiyoko posted:

The way those were worded made me concerned that if I used ChangeFPS, the new frame rate would mean my cuts would be mistimed due to deleted frames.

Looking at your script, you're making your cuts before doing anything to the frame rate, so that won't make your cuts mistimed.
Remember that your script will be worked through top to bottom, so changing frame rate or stuff after you did your cuts doesn't affect them. If you'd put your cuts after your frame rate changes, that might be different.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

taiyoko posted:

Muxing after the video is encoded didn't work (using MeGUI's mp4 muxer), and neither did Fleve's suggestion.

ChangeFPS and ConvertFPS both create videos with different frame numbers, the difference is that ChangeFPS doesn't blend frames. Blending frames is bad, you don't want to do it.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your AviSynth script, it should be dubbing in the audio file you specified.

Are you sure the WAV file contains the audio you think it does?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Xenoveritas posted:

ChangeFPS and ConvertFPS both create videos with different frame numbers, the difference is that ChangeFPS doesn't blend frames. Blending frames is bad, you don't want to do it.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your AviSynth script, it should be dubbing in the audio file you specified.

Are you sure the WAV file contains the audio you think it does?

Yes, I can open the WAV file separately and it plays exactly what I expect it to, and it's definitely a 16-bit, 44.1 kHz PCM WAV file.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Are you sure it's actually not getting loaded/dubbed? You didn't accidentally turn off the volume of VDub or something?

The only other thing I can think of is that the WAV file is too big. I've had issues where audio files of several hours wouldn't load entirely with WAVSource() and ended up working around that with NicAudio: https://nicaudio.codeplex.com/ But for me that would still play the start of the audio file, it'd just cut out at some point.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Have you tried encoding JUST the wav into, say, an m4a file with AAC audio using MeGUI?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Okay, apparently manual muxing does insert the audio, but for whatever reason Windows Media Player doesn't recognize/play it back, and for some reason it's the damned default player. VLC does handle the audio fine, at least.

Now to go back and retry the audio track because my attempt at noise reduction made things sound shittier than I realized and it's really obviously bad when it's with the video. :negative: Good thing the originals are untouched.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What's the best option/emulator for recording PS1 footage using in-emulator AVI recording? Last time I fiddled with PS1 video recording a couple years ago it was kind of a pain (video had to be re-encoded through VirtualDub if over 2GB just to work fine in AvsPmod) so I'm hoping some better options exist now or I just missed something convenient the first time.

Alternatively, would it actually be easier to do it with a PSP emulator instead?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mega64 posted:

What's the best option/emulator for recording PS1 footage using in-emulator AVI recording? Last time I fiddled with PS1 video recording a couple years ago it was kind of a pain (video had to be re-encoded through VirtualDub if over 2GB just to work fine in AvsPmod) so I'm hoping some better options exist now or I just missed something convenient the first time.

Alternatively, would it actually be easier to do it with a PSP emulator instead?
Is there any reason you want to use in-emulator recording? I've found it's easy enough to use Dxtory to record footage from a PS1 emulator.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Mega64 posted:

Oh jeez.

I'm using psxjin for mine right now, but I wouldn't wish that emulator on my worst enemy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Niggurath posted:

Is there any reason you want to use in-emulator recording? I've found it's easy enough to use Dxtory to record footage from a PS1 emulator.

Mainly to avoid hiccups and the like messing up video, and also so I can abuse fast-forward and have the video come out normal speed (though since the idea's a SSLP it'd be not as big an issue). My computer's beefy enough now that I can handle direct screen recording, but I had bad experiences using FRAPS to record a PS1 LP several years ago that led me to do a lot of editing for some of the videos I posted on it. Using in-emulator recording is generally the best way to get the most accurate video. That said, if screen recording's the best option I'll go that route.

Edward_Tohr posted:

Oh jeez.

I'm using psxjin for mine right now, but I wouldn't wish that emulator on my worst enemy.

I think that's what I used for FF5, and I wasn't a fan of it. And sadly that's also what TASVideos recommends.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 2, 2015

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
If it's just for pulling screenshots, psxjin is... acceptable.

I mean, you can only use savestates if you manually "save as" each time, and I still haven't figured out what voodoo sorcery is required to get the memory card files from re-initializing each time you boot it, and the audio from the video usually desyncs....

But it does dump video and emulate PS1 games. Usually.

Edit: Dammit, edit tag. :v:

ePSXe is another choice, if you want an emulator that works better. It requires screen recording, though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'd love to do videos of FMVs and possibly other stuff too, so audio desync would rule it out.

Does PPSSPP support PS1-to-PSP games and AVI Recording? Because that honestly sounds like a better option than once again diving into the clusterfuck that is PS1 emulation.

e: Looks like it doesn't have AVI recording, so looking like screen capture on whatever PS1 emulator I choose it is.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 2, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I'd love to do videos of FMVs and possibly other stuff too, so audio desync would rule it out.

Does PPSSPP support PS1-to-PSP games and AVI Recording? Because that honestly sounds like a better option than once again diving into the clusterfuck that is PS1 emulation.

e: Looks like it doesn't have AVI recording, so looking like screen capture on whatever PS1 emulator I choose it is.
Well Dxtory might be worth looking into; I just finished an LP of a PS1 game and used that for capturing the video, and there were no noticeable slowdown issues or hiccups. Otherwise I'm not overly familiar with in-emulator recording options for either PSP or PS1 emulators.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A friend and I are going to split the cost of a Blue Yeti, how necessary is a shock absorber? The Mic would be on an immovable desk.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

I'm looking for feedback on GeForce Experience ShadowPlay as a way of recording. I guess you can't specify codecs with it but it records in H.264. I played around with FRAPS and DxTory and wasn't satisfied because of the performance hits - ShadowPlay had no slowdown. It also has the ability to stream from your mic but I'm most likely going to cut out redundant parts of the video and then record in post, probably with a co-commentator.

So far I can't really find any reason NOT to use it - is there anything that I might not be factoring into the equation, as a first time LPer?

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
How do you intend to edit/encode your final videos?

ShadowPlay can have issues. Generally it works fairly well. The reason it doesn't add any real slowdown and the reason you always end up with a lossy H.264 file are because newer Nvidia cards (600+, I think) all contain dedicated H.264 encoding hardware to allow the Nvidia card to stream to that Nvidia Shield device you've surely got. (I mean, everyone has an Nvidia Shield, right?) They realized that they could use the same technology to instead save to your disk.

The caveats I'm aware of are:
  • If you're using Logitech hardware, be warned that ShadowPlay does not play well with the Logitech Gaming Software. I don't know if that only applies if you're using a Logitech headset (I'd assume so) but if you are, you're going to want to kill the Logitech Gaming Software while recording. Otherwise you risk the audio cutting out.
  • If you're editing with AviSynth, FFMpegSource has issues with files generated by ShadowPlay (specifically, audio desync). You can work around them with FFMpeg.
Beyond that it's been working for me.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

I'll be using Adobe Premiere for the video and Audacity for the commentary afterwards. The only Logitech hardware I have is a mouse, but I'll be on the lookout for any audio issues just in case since it does have software.

How detrimental will that loss be if I encode with Lagarith in the final product? Are there alternative light-weight programs for recording that'll still let me choose another codec?

It's kind of annoying because my computer is pretty decent, (i7 5820k, 16gb of RAM with a 750Ti) but even on a game from 2012 that slowdown still creeps through. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive though, the frame rate doesn't go below 30. Usually 35-45.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

How do I encode a video with AvsPmod so that I keep sound?

On the same token, which of the encoding methods do you recommend?