Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Samuel Clemens posted:

What does this even mean?

The EU is tossing Greece away

Also a penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The EU is censoring the dong of somebody who's about to toss Greece someplace.

but whose dong is it

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

How? How does he do it? The one time it would actually make sense, or at least be excusable, to slap "DEBT" labels on things, he doesn't.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
He drew a something that didn't make me angry or laugh out loud in incredulous disgust. AGC.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Oh, so Camel's Nose is just another phrase that means Slippery Slope. :supaburn:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Where would I be able to find all of the mcnaughton edits of Obama standing on the constitution etc

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

How? How does he do it? The one time it would actually make sense, or at least be excusable, to slap "DEBT" labels on things, he doesn't.

Obviously, DEBT is written on the guy's dick.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

OAquinas posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel%27s_nose
It's an old metaphor.

And I like the subtle "ego" in the hair. Labeling done right. :golfclap:

Okay but what does that have to do with camel toes?

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

there wolf posted:

Doesn't the British propensity for baked beans go back to rationing during the war? Food rations in the US weren't as tight; the aluminum that went into the can was probably more in demand than the meat the beans would have filled in for.

You can get Heinz baked beans in the US. They don't even shelve them in the British food sections all the time anymore.

Well yeah because Heinz is an American company and our baked beans are different from the UK version but the UK version is still from a US corporation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Baked_Beans

Lowtechs fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 2, 2015

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

This is one of the worst tropes of propaganda: that courts can force churches to do anything. Churches don't pay taxes and are allowed to do pretty much whatever the hell they want including discriminating against people. That was, itself, one of the tax dodges the KKK used: we're a religious charity group! I really like the Sunday School series you do, by the way.

Mister Beeg posted:

New Sleeper Ave. is up. It's called "Are You a Mexican?"

I'm impatient yet I am always taken aback by how good these are, thanks for posting them. That's just plain heartbreaking how one of his childhood joys was tainted by such nasty prejudice. It's even more sad because he was One Of The Good Ones from the Baby Boomer generation that didn't turn into some sick gently caress like Dick Cheney, he wanted to make things better and couldn't.

God dammit. New Sorensen:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 2, 2015

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtechs posted:

Well yeah because Heinz is an American company and our baked beans are different from the UK version but the UK version is still from a US corporation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Baked_Beans

So you're saying Heinz Baked Beans in the US are different from Heinz Baked Beans in the UK? Or that baked beans in general are different? I'm confused... and now I'm distracted because Bush's is a big brand for canned baked beans in the US and I think we miss an opportunity as a nation to make a lot of bean jokes in '03-'04.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Post 9-11 User posted:

This is one of the worst tropes of propaganda: that courts can force churches to do anything. Churches don't pay taxes and are allowed to do pretty much whatever the hell they want including discriminating against people. That was, itself, one of the tax dodges the KKK used: we're a religious charity group! I really like the Sunday School series you do, by the way.
What lawsuits are being threatened based on recent decisions anyway? It isn't like a gay couple can force a specific church to marry them.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

:stonk:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I read all the words and I don't get it. I wonder how much further effort it would take to parse any meaning from this random series of splotches of paint and a smattering of lorem ipsum text.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Holy gently caress

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I wanna know where this is going. Part of me wants to believe she just realized how Zed and her were handed everything and earned nothing.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Is- is that even an ounce of self-awareness?
:stare:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

If it is, it's just a setup for Zedd to crush in the next strip. But he's probably just tracked mud into the house or something equally mundane that women-creatures screech about, or so the T.V. tells Muir.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

there wolf posted:

If it is, it's just a setup for Zedd to crush in the next strip. But he's probably just tracked mud into the house or something equally mundane that women-creatures screech about, or so the T.V. tells Muir.

God, Muir better not pull some thing out of his rear end like Zed having done something in the background and bought/paid off everything.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Rorus Raz posted:

The Supreme Court made a ruling I disagree with.

I love this opinion in all its many forms. The idea that when the president, the supreme court, a majority of state governments and a majority of the American people agree in a constitutional right, it is somehow the death of democracy.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Sardine Wit posted:

I love this opinion in all its many forms. The idea that when the president, the supreme court, a majority of state governments and a majority of the American people agree in a constitutional right, it is somehow the death of democracy.

Hell, we were drat close to the point that - were the State legislatures of a mind to - we could have got a Constitutional Amendment through. I think we were one or two states short, assuming everyone who had marriage voted for it as an amendment. Not a given, granted, but it just shows how astonishingly out of touch the viewpoint is, this notion that there's some huge silent majority out there that is tutting with disapproval. Well, y'all might have stopped or at least delayed this if y'all had voted! If you existed.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Omnishambles posted:

God, Muir better not pull some thing out of his rear end like Zed having done something in the background and bought/paid off everything.

:smug:CIA contacts:smug:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I hope not, if Day by Day ever becomes self-aware it'll kill us all skynet style.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Zed EARNED his gifts by being a HERO SERVING OUR COUNTRY what has HITLERY ever done to serve her country that's right nothing at all ever in her life so you see when his 'CIA buddies' give him presents constantly (taxpayer funded) and literally rewrite laws to suit him personally he deserves it, stupid woman.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I hope not, if Day by Day ever becomes self-aware it'll kill us all skynet style.

DbD: Genisys

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I was getting more of a 'Home Alone' vibe.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh great Tinsley has discovered tumblr tropes.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I wonder how Tinsley feels about otherkin

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Omnishambles posted:

fuckbarn franchises

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So this is what it looks like when the programming starts to wear off.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Tinsley is attaching a duck to bad GBS posts and putting them in newspapers

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Tinsley is attaching a duck to bad GBS posts and putting them in newspapers

Where's the one that just says "im gay"?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

pkfan2004 posted:

Where's the one that just says "im gay"?

#16 in the OP.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mike Lester would like to take the time to remind you to vote for Bernie Sanders

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Can you BELIEVE that goofy exclamation mark they're putting at the end of That Woman's name now? What was her Team thinking?! Talk about a classic bungle!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Rorus Raz posted:

Mike Lester would like to take the time to remind you to vote for Bernie Sanders

People have to contort themselves to make a scandal of Hillary's actions. AGC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on child poverty – The government is to scrap its child poverty target and replace it with a new duty to report levels of educational attainment, worklessness and addiction, rather than relative material disadvantage, the work and pensions secretary Iain Duncan Smith has said"

Independent:

Heathrow expansion: Cameron promises decision this year

Times:

Boris Johnson: Heathrow third runway 'won't happen'

Mail:
Mac on... a third runway for Heathrow

• Locked thread