Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
thinknign about wearing my multicams to work tomorrow, unit is filled slick sleeves and people who deploy to non-combat areas (kuwai, UAE, etc.)
wonder how much butthurt id get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

Gonna show up next drill in multicams and troll the angry ops E8 who complains about uniforms.

You're getting out before the wear-out date. Why spend money on uniforms?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

You're getting out before the wear-out date. Why spend money on uniforms?

I already have them from Afghanistan. Actually, my ACUs are falling apart so it'll save me from having to buy new ones.

e: Only issue I can see is that our unit patch isn't available in OCP yet. Oh well, I'll mix and match per the SMA's guidance.
e2: Apparently the ALARACT specifies that patches must match the uniform color. Gay.

psydude fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 30, 2015

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

I already have them from Afghanistan. Actually, my ACUs are falling apart so it'll save me from having to buy new ones.

e: Only issue I can see is that our unit patch isn't available in OCP yet. Oh well, I'll mix and match per the SMA's guidance.
e2: Apparently the ALARACT specifies that patches must match the uniform color. Gay.

I, on the other hand, have matching everything....

But I'm just a lonely E4, and I'm getting pinned next month. Wonder if they'll troll me by holding off on that because the patch don't match.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

psydude posted:

I'm still in the army, I'm Gay.

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm even gayer, probably gently caress ponies.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Wasabi the J posted:

I, on the other hand, have matching everything....

But I'm just a lonely E4, and I'm getting pinned next month. Wonder if they'll troll me by holding off on that because the patch don't match.

Show up in multicams the day you get pinned.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nimmy posted:

Show up in multicams the day you get pinned.

I'm imagining that early scene in Stalingrad where the guy gets denied an award in formation for having his blouse undone.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm imagining that early scene in Stalingrad where the guy gets denied an award in formation for having his blouse undone.

Good loving movie.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
wore my multicam in an ada unit, made it 22 minutes before "commanders discretion" made me go home and change into acus

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

wore my multicam in an ada unit, made it 22 minutes before "commanders discretion" made me go home and change into acus

As of tomorrow there's no commander's discretion. OCP is the Army uniform.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

Thought about it, but I only have flame retardant uniforms, so they could probably use that chestnut.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Wasabi the J posted:

Thought about it, but I only have flame retardant uniforms, so they could probably use that chestnut.
That's an entirely illogical chestnut. Besides, when has anyone ever been issued Multicam that wasn't flame retardant?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Specifically permitted in the ALARACT. It's a post-Chandler world.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

psydude posted:

tomorrow is today in korea, he still used the commanders discretion line, afaik the commander still sets the duty uniform, i could bd wrong though

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
nobles do whatever the gently caress they want, hang all nobles.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Will be interesting to see if anyone has the new uniform next week when I sign back in at ABOLC.

Of course Ranger Joes and Commandos has been selling multicam for a long time but I think the new uniform is slightly different somehow, ie there's a zipper on the side for the shoulder pockets instead of a Velcro flap, etc.

Only reason I want them is they actually look functional unlike ACUs, just wish I could have gotten my supplementary issue of uniforms after the new uniform was released.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

BDUs were the best. You could spill a whole bottle of ketchup on your lap and just wipe it off.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DCUs are still my absolute favorite

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

tomorrow is today in korea, he still used the commanders discretion line, afaik the commander still sets the duty uniform, i could bd wrong though

I mean he's still wrong, but obviously you're not going to win that fight.

I'm going to address any complaints from any SNCOs by pointing out that they're also in the incorrect uniform and that I have 4 months left so they can suck my dick from the back. Perks of being an officer, I guess.

e: headquarters is gay as poo poo so this is what I do for fun during drill weekends now

psydude fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 1, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

headquarters is gay

quoting until i die

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

DCUs are still my absolute favorite

so glad I got to wear them for a few weeks, poo poo was the bomb.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Equine Don posted:

so glad I got to wear them for a few weeks, poo poo was the bomb.

got to wear them the entirety of my deployment

probably the best part tbh

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Ace of Baes posted:

Tell me you're in 6-52. Please God, tell me you're stuck in the festering Mickey Mouse rear end in a top hat of Korea that is Suwon.

I wish I could go back in time; superglue giant veiny green dicks covering those loving asinine floor to ceiling glass doors separating command group from the rest of battalion, a true to life sized horse dick rattlecan'd that lovely "silver" and stuck to the gay-rear end rearing IRON HORSE statue out front, and make sure to burn that loving aid station to the goddamn foundation.

gently caress it, today marks one month AD (After DD-214).

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Tell me you're in 6-52. Please God, tell me you're stuck in the festering Mickey Mouse rear end in a top hat of Korea that is Suwon.

I wish I could go back in time; superglue giant veiny green dicks covering those loving asinine floor to ceiling glass doors separating command group from the rest of battalion, a true to life sized horse dick rattlecan'd that lovely "silver" and stuck to the gay-rear end rearing IRON HORSE statue out front, and make sure to burn that loving aid station to the goddamn foundation.

gently caress it, today marks one month AD (After DD-214).

same bde, different unit, not gonna get any more specific than that online though

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

If Suwon is Mickey Mouse's rear end in a top hat, than Camp Casey is Satan's rear end in a top hat after it got hosed by 6 Mandingos.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Ace of Baes posted:

same bde, different unit, not gonna get any more specific than that online though

Christ, only 2-1 could manage to be more of a clownshoes fuckup than 6-52.

Side note: HHB's commander when I left literally looked like the lovechild of every retarded racist black people political cartoon stereotype imaginable.

Cole posted:

If Suwon is Mickey Mouse's rear end in a top hat, than Camp Casey is Satan's rear end in a top hat after it got hosed by 6 Mandingos.

Look if we're talking about Retard Olympics you can't just throw down 2ID/Casey, it's like using a loving GameShark.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Look if we're talking about Retard Olympics you can't just throw down 2ID/Casey, it's like using a loving GameShark.

Even worse, I was stuck on Camp Castle (now closed, ~1.5mi north of Casey). Had about 200 Soldiers for company and a motorpool.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Germany was cool, I drank beer and banged German sluts.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

thetechnoloser posted:

Even worse, I was stuck on Camp Castle (now closed, ~1.5mi north of Casey). Had about 200 Soldiers for company and a motorpool.

I think when I was there that they are using it to hold all the furniture for sponsored families that come over.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

not caring here posted:

I think when I was there that they are using it to hold all the furniture for sponsored families that come over.

If it's nothing but furniture now, the average IQ has risen since I was there.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My unit is doing one of those gay "Have a three day drill the weekend before you go to AT" deals. We're a loving brigade HHC with zero class VII on our books. What the gently caress do we have to "prep" prior to sitting around and POGing the gently caress out for two weeks?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

My unit is doing one of those gay "Have a three day drill the weekend before you go to AT" deals. We're a loving brigade HHC with zero class VII on our books. What the gently caress do we have to "prep" prior to sitting around and POGing the gently caress out for two weeks?

If your units anything like mine, you're still going to get out late as gently caress for ~reasons~.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Our excuse was that we were a Motor T unit that had all of our motors located on a pad that was 30 minutes away from the duty station which logistically ruined 2+ hours of productive time just getting people to the gear

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

psydude posted:

My unit is doing one of those gay "Have a three day drill the weekend before you go to AT" deals.

We get to end our AT on Wednesday night and roll back in for drill on Saturday morning. Such a treat. Just enough time to begin the post-MRE apocoshits.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MrsAdiabatic posted:

We get to end our AT on Wednesday night and roll back in for drill on Saturday morning. Such a treat. Just enough time to begin the post-MRE apocoshits.

hahahahah god drat thats lovely

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hahahahah god drat thats lovely

My unit were loving wizards at combining the month before and after AT with it, along with making them poo poo like MUTA7's and MUTA8's

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
We hard a three day drill lined up just prior to AT now it was moved a week earlier so better but yeah.
At least night driver training is now a priority for the company now that it is on our mission for summer.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
ah night driving training

probably the single most dangerous training event you can possibly do

will someone fall asleep at the wheel? will someone forget to change their batteries before going and go blind midway through?

probably

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/north-carolina-mall-gun-arrest/index.html

82nd Airborne soldier walked into a Fayetteville mall with an AR-15 and IBA on to go get pictures taken at a photo studio in the mall. None of the articles list his rank, but I am guessing he is was probably an E5-E6 by now since he was a PFC in this 2010 photo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:ughh:

• Locked thread