Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Is there a way to pull up the upgrade screen without pressing the black rectangle on the ps4 for the map and then scrolling over to the upgrade screen? I think I somehow pulled up the upgrade screen first and I can't figure out if it was a glitch or if theres a way to repeat it.

Down on the d-pad, I think? Or either left or right, maybe. That might not apply to PS4, I'm using a PS4 controller but with DS4Windows to use xbone prompts because I hate the touch screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Nah, the d-pads all taken. I know its partially because of all the features, but I really wish I had quicker access to some of my gadgets.

I'm loving the smoke bomb --> fear takedown combo, I'm using that to start most of my fights.

I also had a fun moment where I was stuck getting a firefighter - he's on the ground and surrounded by ten armed thugs. I smoke bombed and fought and tried my best - and then realized I could just call in the batmobile. Something surely glorious about taking out a throng of enemies with the "riot suppressors" and then glide kicking the final enemy just for the sheer hell of it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Narcissus1916 posted:

Is there a way to pull up the upgrade screen without pressing the black rectangle on the ps4 for the map and then scrolling over to the upgrade screen? I think I somehow pulled up the upgrade screen first and I can't figure out if it was a glitch or if theres a way to repeat it.

When you level up (granting a BATMANPOINT™) or get a BATMANPOINT™ through side mission action you have a small window of time to press the big black rectangle button which will take you immediately to upgrades. If you wait and it goes off screen then the big black button goes to map then you have to scroll to upgrades.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CJacobs posted:

I love too that Batman's main form of intimidation for the Penguin both in this game and City was to call him Cobblepot instead of Penguin, and somehow even after all these years it still works on him. Batman's sense of humor when it comes to calling out the villains is great. If they have a silly real name, he will say their silly real name instead of their villain name. Otherwise, villain name.

You can tell Batman's relationship with a villain by how he addresses them.

First name only: "You are my friend and have a decent shot at actually reforming."
Villain name only: "You are genuinely a danger to everyone in this city and I will go to sociopathic lengths to keep you from doing things."
Last name only: "Get the gently caress out of my way scrub."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It even works for Mr. Freeze, who he just calls Freeze, which technically could be either! :haw:

edit: I'm pretty sure he calls Freeze 'Victor' a few times in Arkham City once they patch up their misgivings, too. Truly he is the villain of all Bat-associations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CJacobs posted:

It even works perfectly for Mr. Freeze, who he just calls Freeze, which technically could be either! :haw:

He calls him Victor because he is his bff and one day wants to take him and Nora out to his private ski resort on his private mountain in his private state.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like Freeze because they keep having to invent reasons for him to be evil because, technically, by default he isn't and doesn't really have a reason to be unless given one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

First name only: "You are my friend and have a decent shot at actually reforming."
Villain name only: "You are genuinely a danger to everyone in this city and I will go to sociopathic lengths to keep you from doing things."

But he calls Deathstroke "Slade".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Even he's willing to break his True One Rule when the guy's villain name is literally "Deathstroke the Terminator".

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

CJacobs posted:

I like Freeze because they keep having to invent reasons for him to be evil because, technically, by default he isn't and doesn't really have a reason to be unless given one.

Its not that hard when Gotham breeds people stupid enough to set off the guy with a goddamn freeze ray by the hundreds.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Bleake Island is done-just got 2 more trophies on Miagani Island before I clear out Founder's-one of those loving time trials where I have to find just the right pad/winch spot to trigger , and one of those "follow the trail with the Batmobile's sonic thingy" ones that leads to a gate seemingly made of Adamantium.
The timed one will be a cinch when I find the Goddamn pad or whatever,but this other one completely baffles me. It's the one by Wayne Tower,for reference.

The timed ones usually have the map coordinates for the pad near the trophy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Slade was his villain name for a long time! It still is in Teen Titans! It just so happens to be also his actual name, but unlike Freeze, it does not work out so well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Even he's willing to break his True One Rule when the guy's villain name is literally "Deathstroke the Terminator".

I guess that is far too edgy to take seriously.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I remember watching the Teen Titans cartoon when it was still on TV and drat did that poo poo get super dark whenever Slade showed up. Man that guy was such a dick. Somehow he is actually LESS of a dick in this gritty brooding video game than he was on the cartoon show.

edit: also under the mask he had a skull for a face instead of just a weird scarred face, and the skull had a scar on it somehow

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 2, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I remember there was one episode where he basically did to Robin what Batman saves as a contingency plan for Wonder Woman if she goes rogue: making him fight an invisible, hallucinated opponent so hard that he was going to kill himself from the strain.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I remember watching the Teen Titans cartoon when it was still on TV and drat did that poo poo get super dark whenever Slade showed up. Man that guy was such a dick. Somehow he is actually LESS of a dick in this gritty brooding video game than he was on the cartoon show.

edit: also under the mask he had a skull for a face instead of just a weird scarred face, and the skull had a scar on it somehow

I think the skull face came after he was burned alive in lava and dragged back from the dead by Trigon.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

CJacobs posted:

that's because he died and went to hell

teen titans wasn't loving around

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh yeah, I forgot that happened. So yeah, super bonkers dark for a cartoon on primetime cartoon TV.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Funky Valentine posted:

But he calls her Ivy. He should call her Doctor really.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CJacobs posted:

Slade was his villain name for a long time! It still is in Teen Titans! It just so happens to be also his actual name, but unlike Freeze, it does not work out so well.

Slade Wilson, Deathstroke, whom Rob Liefeld wished he could draw but couldn't because he worked for Marvel, enter, Wade Wilson, Deadpool.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'm so happy none of the Riddler trophies involved having to hit a pad on a side of a building, push off and glide onto another pad on the building opposite, then push off and glide onto a third one, all within a time limit. I hate those loving "puzzles".

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

he kicks Deathstroke's rear end in 2 seconds so he's scrub tier

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I remember there was one episode where he basically did to Robin what Batman saves as a contingency plan for Wonder Woman if she goes rogue: making him fight an invisible, hallucinated opponent so hard that he was going to kill himself from the strain.

That was the best episode.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

JFC posted:

I'm so happy none of the Riddler trophies involved having to hit a pad on a side of a building, push off and glide onto another pad on the building opposite, then push off and glide onto a third one, all within a time limit. I hate those loving "puzzles".

If you're talking about the one from City I think you are, there was no time limit, you just couldn't touch anything else. It literally aims itself after you leap off the first pad.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Fun story about Slade in the Titans show: he wins/escapes in the final episode.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Duke Chin posted:

When you level up (granting a BATMANPOINT™) or get a BATMANPOINT™ through side mission action you have a small window of time to press the big black rectangle button which will take you immediately to upgrades. If you wait and it goes off screen then the big black button goes to map then you have to scroll to upgrades.

You rock! That's exactly what it was. Thought I was going crazy for a second.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Finished it tonight, more or less, completing the main story and all of the Most Wanted challenges except the 160 or so Riddler trophies I need to gather.

I think it's both the best and worst Arkham game. It's gorgeous, the story is worthwhile, the team-ups are fun, the Batmobile really works (at times), the combat and predator sections feel great and there's a nice variety of things to do. I genuinely did not know where the story would go (beside the AK's identify) and what would happen to everybody I truly thought that Barbara was dead at first, missing the clues that have been mentioned here. It felt like poo poo got real for the most part, even though that didn't really happen outside of Poison Ivy which could be easy to overcome.

There probably needed to be about 30% less Batmobile. The Cobra tank sections in particular were really not fun but I did like cruising around in the city in it and I was ok with the combat sections for the most part. I didn't have too much trouble with the Riddler racing sections. I feel they tried to force it into the game a little too much but it still did click with me in general despite my reservations about it going into the game. But having Deathstroke in the game and having him beaten in a tank battle was stupid.

Instead of 260 Riddler challenges, beefing up the other side missions would have been appreciated. We probably could have done with less missions on bombs, watchtowers, road checkpoints, etc. to have more quality villains to take down.

Very interested in seeing where the franchise goes from here. This did feel like the end of this style of Batman games, though I would not be surprised if/when the sequel is announced. How much more can you milk out of the combat/predator/open world sections of this series? I've loved all the time I've spent on the Arkham games but another entry of the same (but tweaked) gameplay won't interest me.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

el oso posted:

Very interested in seeing where the franchise goes from here. This did feel like the end of this style of Batman games, though I would not be surprised if/when the sequel is announced. How much more can you milk out of the combat/predator/open world sections of this series? I've loved all the time I've spent on the Arkham games but another entry of the same (but tweaked) gameplay won't interest me.

If Arkham Origins was any indication, you can sure as gently caress count on WB Montreal not changing or experimenting with anything!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Any word on when season pass owners will start getting poo poo? Locking a ton of fun stuff behind pre-orders was stupid as gently caress and I feel like I am missing out on Batman dress up.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think I'm giving up on Riddler trophies. They just don't seem worth the trouble, and I've got like maybe 60% of them. I got 99% of the way there in City and Asylum though so maybe I just have a fear of comittment

onto new game +

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I have a question about Azrael and 100%. I've only done the first two parts of his mission but from what I gather there's a good ending where he doesn't go to jail and a bad ending where he does go to jail. Before I continue on it I was curious what exactly is the process of getting him jailed and if I do it, will it block me from getting 100%?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I remember easily beating him in a tank battle.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

frenton posted:

I have a question about Azrael and 100%. I've only done the first two parts of his mission but from what I gather there's a good ending where he doesn't go to jail and a bad ending where he does go to jail. Before I continue on it I was curious what exactly is the process of getting him jailed and if I do it, will it block me from getting 100%?

The game is very obvious about it when you get to it, just do the things that isn't attacking Batman and you're good and no it will not lock you out of 100%.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
So I'm at 70% in the main story and I get to the mission waypoint and I can't proceed until I "secure the area". Problem is there are literally no enemies around besides the little poo poo-head rioters that always litter the map. Has anyone else had this occur? It seems pretty progression-breaking.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beat the game with the Nightfall lite ending just now. the whole ending sequence was a great idea but the execution was poor jokers gun feels awful. deathstroke's tank fight was not an encore worth seeing, etc

I can't remember a more frustrating game that i played to 96%+ completion., i guess that says something in its favor but i'm not happy. going to replay the original game at some point after i stop being burnt out on the combat system to hopefully have fun with batman again.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Any word on when season pass owners will start getting poo poo? Locking a ton of fun stuff behind pre-orders was stupid as gently caress and I feel like I am missing out on Batman dress up.

No idea when the rest of the poo poo pops up but the pre-order stuff apparently isn't coming out for everyone until November.

It's entirely possible that Rocksteady's assistance with the PC version disaster is delaying DLC.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If I seriously have to wait until November to buy the loving Red Hood DLC they can go gently caress a duck.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beef Chief posted:

If I seriously have to wait until November to buy the loving Red Hood DLC they can go gently caress a duck.

i'm selling my copy asap. every single arkham game has been a plus title. i'll revisit this poo poo in 2017

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Bugblatter posted:

Yup. Finished the main story missions, put every villain except Riddler and Azrael (Who did not try to kill bats and was therefore allowed to go) in the prison. My mission select screens shows all the missions except Riddler as being complete as well. But it will not let me initiate Knightfall and get the first ending, says I have to finish one more most wanted mission, which means the loving Riddler trophies (I already got him to the point where Catwoman is free).

Same for my game. Looks like if you've done everything else the game wants you to finish Riddler before you can initiate Knightfall. It might be the same for everyone ie if you've done 7 most wanted missions the game wants you to do one more post game to unlock Knightfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Spent about a hour getting graphics settings down and some of the hacks used to make Arkham Knight run well on PC. Loaded it up, everything looked great!

And then I got inside the Batmobile.

I turned off the game. Runs like dogshit in the Batmobile, framerate drops everywhere.

• Locked thread