Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My Lovely Horse posted:

You can do whatever you want in life.

Every time I think of the source of this quote :nws:, I smile :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Every time I think of the source of this quote :nws:, I smile :shobon:

It's one of the most inspiring comics I've ever read.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Drone posted:

Today, Sir Nicholas Winton passed away at the age of 106.

If you've never heard his name before, watch this video and get ready to turn on the waterworks. In a good way.

Sorry, can't read this. The words are all swimmy.

I can't top this, but I will offer up this floofy doofus to the best thread:

"You best not be posting that on the Internet."

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/tkDzZ

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

gently caress

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"YOU MADE HIM CRY! :argh:"

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Figured I should post some pictures of my little floofy jerk.

Here he is perching on the clock to show off how pretty he is.

And here he is after deciding that he wanted to relax with me, and not play for once.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/171941

I love this poem.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I just thought that might get posted.

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

drat it. Why is it I'm always cutting these drat onions while reading this thread? You'd think I'd learn by now.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
There's a statue of Sir Nicholas in Prague at the railway station.

There's one in Maidenhead too which I quite like because he's just sort of sitting about. :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
birbs birbs birbs (skatebirbs)

HopperUK posted:

There's one in Maidenhead too which I quite like because he's just sort of sitting about. :3:

That is really great :3: Like you, something about how casual it is just tickles me.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Here is my aunt's cat Sir Ludwig doing his best Viscacha imitation

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Wanna hug that cat.

BurroughsBane
May 21, 2007

I mean to know before I go how come the devil smiles.
everyone has that one friend or sibling....

Jilloff
Apr 23, 2008

That whole drinking as many beers as I can in 30 minutes thing was a very bad idea.

I adopted a kitten and he really likes large toys but then he gets tired and falls asleep mid-savage.
I have named him Haku.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This got posted on a blog I follow and I'm not sure if it belongs here or the creepy pictures thread:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Jilloff posted:

I adopted a kitten and he really likes large toys but then he gets tired and falls asleep mid-savage.
I have named him Haku.

A good catte. Give him huge fluffy toys and see if he grooms them. Momo used to do that when he was a kitten.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Sociopastry posted:

A good catte. Give him huge fluffy toys and see if he grooms them. Momo used to do that when he was a kitten.

My cat obsessively cleans any fur he can get his mouth to. I'd fear for a stuffed animal. Never use flea collars, kids. It done hosed him up in the head.

I'm reminded that I wanted to try my best to get a video of him refusing to be pet and loving every minute of it! He hates being touched because it means he has to spend the next hour grooming himself all over, but he loves getting pets.

This led to him inventing "air pets" where I wave my hand over him and he rolls around on the floor like he's on the best nip in the world.

Weird cat.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Tendai posted:

birbs birbs birbs (skatebirbs)

Man birds are so much cooler than I'll ever be

gently caress

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Well hell, since we're on adorable statues, here's everyone's favorite puppeteer with everyone's favorite puppet at his (and my) alma mater, the University of Maryland:

Somewhere around here I have a photo of myself sitting on that bench. Man, I miss UM.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Well hell, since we're on adorable statues, here's everyone's favorite puppeteer with everyone's favorite muppet at his (and my) alma mater, the University of Maryland:

Somewhere around here I have a photo of myself sitting on that bench. Man, I miss UM.

:colbert:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

poo poo, my bad! Thanks.

Pucklynn
Sep 8, 2010

chop chop chop

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Well hell, since we're on adorable statues, here's everyone's favorite puppeteer with everyone's favorite puppet at his (and my) alma mater, the University of Maryland:

I'm at UMD right now! I really love this statue, and I'm planning on leaving hats and scarves on it during the winter for people to take.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I have a huge request for happy critters of the cat and reptile persuasion. Thanks.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 09:50 on Jul 8, 2015

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
bats, covered in pollen:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

Pucklynn posted:

I'm at UMD right now! I really love this statue, and I'm planning on leaving hats and scarves on it during the winter for people to take.

It is THE BEST. Go Terps!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

https://twitter.com/kanmiQ/status/616780311263735809

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Hi, I hear this is the Post Your Cute Pet thread?

This is my new peachy lovebird. His/her name is Bitey, until we get his/her DNA sexing results back, at which point either she will be named Toast or he will be named Captain Fifi McAfee (Fifi for short).

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Hi, I hear this is the Post Your Cute Pet thread?

This is my new peachy lovebird. His/her name is Bitey, until we get his/her DNA sexing results back, at which point either she will be named Toast or he will be named Captain Fifi McAfee (Fifi for short).

Will the test prove Bitey is a tiny fatbird?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Teddybear posted:

Will the test prove Bitey is a tiny fatbird?

It will! Though as I'm drastically cutting back his millet (aka lovebird crack) allowance, hopefully it won't find he's TOO much of a fatbird!

Bitey's favourite things right now: 1) fucken MILLET 2) hiding in my sleeve 3) his little swing.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
It's time for some hard truths thread. Not everything in Australia is trying to kill you. Sure, most things are but then you get something like the Western Pygmy Possum.

Looking at that guy you think, how can that body that can't grow beyond 7.7cm (~3") and a tail not much bigger than that get any smaller. Well these guys are actually one of the largest pygmy possums in the world. The Tasmanian Pygmy Possum comes in at 6.5cm.

Australia being a hot country these guys are pretty down with that too. So much so that if it drops below 12ºC (~54ºf) they go into a mini hibernation like state called a torpor. They find somewhere out of the way and curl up into a little ball and wait for the rain and cold to go away. They can frequently hang out in this state for more than a week if the weather is extra bad. It's also the easiest way for scientists to catch them, how you could disturb their sleep when the look like this is a different story.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Birb Katter posted:

It's time for some hard truths thread. Not everything in Australia is trying to kill you. Sure, most things are but then you get something like the Western Pygmy Possum.

Old mate here needs to moisturise.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Birb Katter posted:

Pygmy Possum.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Jul 4, 2015

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It looks so sad :(

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Man, check out the size of that guys Dik-Dik!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

It will! Though as I'm drastically cutting back his millet (aka lovebird crack) allowance, hopefully it won't find he's TOO much of a fatbird!

Bitey's favourite things right now: 1) fucken MILLET 2) hiding in my sleeve 3) his little swing.

A tiny fitbird then!

• Locked thread