Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

That's kind of impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Joementum posted:

Scott Walker is pre-announcing the unveiling of the logo of the campaign that he won't announce for another two weeks. :psyduck:

i thought this was a house of cards promo

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

i thought this was a house of cards promo

His ads are all so loving ominous

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

Bernie raised $15,000,000 in the last two months.

99% of those donations were under $250. The average donation was $33.51.

Wow, good for him

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cleaned up + jindaled

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 22, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

e: wrong thread

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 22, 2016

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Joementum posted:

The end-of-quarter numbers were just announced. Though the article cites 87% of donations at < $250, rather than the 99% figure I'd seen tweeted.

Good stuff. Better than I would have guessed, especially considering Clinton's enormous structural advantage.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Obdicut posted:

But mainly, I don't think you can compare people's willingness to work with him as a senator with willingness to work with him as president, especially after a long campaign season of vilifying him.

This is not Sanders fault, in any way, shape, or form.

It's absolutely comparable. A non-R president working with an R congress is going to have to find a way to compromise with congress, not the other way around. The record shows that Sanders is more willing to find common ground with republican lawmakers than Clinton.

As for general vilification, it's certainly possible to attack Sanders' positions as aggressively as Clinton's. Sowing doubt as to his intentions or convictions will on the other hand be extraordinarily difficult by comparison.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I can't say I've found religion through Trump, but he has taught me that the Universe appears to have something resembling a will and much of it is now dedicated to hating him.

Our God is a just and loving God.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Cephalocidal posted:

It's absolutely comparable. A non-R president working with an R congress is going to have to find a way to compromise with congress, not the other way around. The record shows that Sanders is more willing to find common ground with republican lawmakers than Clinton.

it isn't comparable, because being a senator and working with a senator is not the same as being president or working with a president.

This is an interesting take, though, that Sanders will be more willing to compromise left-wing positions than Clinton will.

quote:

As for general vilification, it's certainly possible to attack Sanders' positions as aggressively as Clinton's. Sowing doubt as to his intentions or convictions will on the other hand be extraordinarily difficult by comparison.

It really won't, and I have no clue why you think it will.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cephalocidal posted:

Just listing total bills doesn't do that at all. Besides, comparing Senate to House isn't an equal comparison either.

It is insane that you're looking at bills passed and using that to claim Sanders would get better compromises out of a Republican congress.

Which of his progressive ideas specifically, do you think he could get passed a Republican congress that Clinton could not?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

How did I post twice? I didn't mean to do so.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rick Perry found his assigned seat at lunch.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Not sure if this one was posted yet.

The Quinnipiac University Poll surveyed 761 likely Iowa Democratic Caucus participants between June 20 and 29, and has a margin of error of +/- 3.6 percentage points.

Here are the horse-race results:

Hillary Clinton 52 percent

Bernie Sanders 33

Joe Biden 7

Don't know 5

Martin O'Malley 3

Lincoln Chafee -

Jim Webb 1

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
So which swing Senate seats would Bernie have a better chance of bringing along with him than Clinton? Is there a mysterious invisible base of leftists that never ever have voted and aren't opposed to voting for "bougie" parties or voting at all hiding out in the NC mountains or the swamps of FL?

Hell I'd be surprised to see Duckworth with Sanders in IL.

Only Feingold could probably carry and flip a seat on his own this cycle.

Good luck getting anyone to the left of Obama through a GOP Senate.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Joementum posted:

Scott Walker is pre-announcing the unveiling of the logo of the campaign that he won't announce for another two weeks. :psyduck:

I don't understand how these candidates are not considered to have started campaigning for FEC purposes. Is it like a gentleman's agreement not to prosecute or what? How can it be publicly discussed common knowledge that someone is in the process of running for the nomination, but they aren't considered a candidate yet?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Not sure if this one was posted yet.

The Quinnipiac University Poll surveyed 761 likely Iowa Democratic Caucus participants between June 20 and 29, and has a margin of error of +/- 3.6 percentage points.

Here are the horse-race results:

Hillary Clinton 52 percent

Bernie Sanders 33

Joe Biden 7

Don't know 5

Martin O'Malley 3

Lincoln Chafee -

Jim Webb 1

For comparison sake, from the same period in 2007:

Obama 13
Clinton 32
Edwards 29
Biden 2
Richardson 5

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

De Nomolos posted:

So which swing Senate seats would Bernie have a better chance of bringing along with him than Clinton?

Pat Leahy would somehow get over 100% of the vote.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Bernie was at just 15% a few months ago, so that's a huge step forward.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Rick Perry has the "handsome idiot" look absolutely 100% of the time and I love it :allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Who's Obama shaking hands with?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie doing well, at least a lot of Dems are willing to listen to the message.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Alter Ego posted:

A man hours away from announcing his campaign logo.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Alter Ego posted:

Alfred E. Neuman.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

neonnoodle posted:

Rick Perry has the "handsome idiot" look absolutely 100% of the time and I love it :allears:
To me Scott Walker always looks like someone asked the dumb guy to pretend to be smart.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Joementum posted:

Well that's a surprise endorsement if there ever was one.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

Wow, the campaign is officially over before it began. Sorry, Scott.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Boom! Jim Webb out of nowhere officially announces his campaign.

So now there are five Democratic candidates, three of whom are actual Democrats! Very exciting.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Bernie doing well, at least a lot of Dems are willing to listen to the message.

I have found a lot of Republicans that want to vote for Bernie as well, mainly due to his financial reform policies.
Heck, 80% of polled Republicans agree that Citizens United sucks.
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/02/poll-finds-80-republicans-agree-bernie-sanders-citizens-united.html

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum posted:

So now there are five Democratic candidates, three of whom are actual Democrats! Very exciting.

Here's to hoping he'll steal some of the moderates from shillary and Bernie will be elected god emperor of America :getin:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Here's to hoping he'll steal some of the moderates from shillary and Bernie will be elected god emperor of America :getin:

Man, I was really hoping Obama would false flag his way into president for life :smith:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Man, I was really hoping Obama would false flag his way into president for life :smith:

Obama throwing a coup d'etat and declaring Bernie his Secretary of the Guillotine would work with me.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Joementum posted:

All I notice is that the image of him speaking on the home page is noticeably low resolution

Like, it's 2015, can't they at least have high-quality images of themselves if they're running for President?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

I have found a lot of Republicans that want to vote for Bernie as well, mainly due to his financial reform policies.
Heck, 80% of polled Republicans agree that Citizens United sucks.
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/02/poll-finds-80-republicans-agree-bernie-sanders-citizens-united.html

How is opposing Citizens United exactly a position that means anything about supporting Sanders?

Opposing Citizens United is a core "Democratic Establishment" position if there is one. It is even in the Democratic Party Platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

How is opposing Citizens United exactly a position that means anything about supporting Sanders?

Opposing Citizens United is a core "Democratic Establishment" position if there is one. It is even in the Democratic Party Platform.

Well, that was just one example. I know anecdotal evidence is not evidence, but I have seen several posts on his Facebook in the essence of "I am a life long Republican and I will vote for you."
Weather or not that's just to weaken Hillary matters little to me. :unsmith:

• Locked thread