Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

cash crab posted:

What is the Million Dollar aspect to this dish? That's how much you'll be paying to have a triple bypass? I don't know how healthcare works in the states; I assume this is a 'murrcan invention
People will pay a million dollars not to have to eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Wanamingo posted:

McDonalds has had some less than spectacular food ideas.

This burger was delicious as hell you cretinous sack of various expletives.

Literally the best thing Mc Donalds EVER had on the menu in Europe.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

cash crab posted:

Or

OR

they could assemble my burger for me. Bonus points if they actually cut it into pieces and put it in my mouth for me
They'll just throw it out back and you can rummage around and get it out of the dumpster, you adorable raccoon.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

how me a frog posted:

This burger was delicious as hell you cretinous sack of various expletives.

Literally the best thing Mc Donalds EVER had on the menu in Europe.

Looks ugly as hell even in the promo photo, though. Do you know how this thread works?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You'll need to pick up this for I think like 75% of the recipes to get that 'authentic' taste.

http://www.amazon.com/Accent-Flavor-Enhancer-lb-canister/dp/B0017TN3UC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435776985&sr=8-2&keywords=MSG

My friend went on a kick for a while making a new thing from that menu almost every day, he said most of it turned out really well if you used quality ingredients but it's pretty obvious that quality will = better taste than anything you can get from McDs.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hey I don't know if this is the right thread for this but someone else needs to see this.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Hey I don't know if this is the right thread for this but someone else needs to see this.

Right, who's near Boulder and brave crazy enough to do a trip report for the thread?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

This is 100% the right thread.
That doesn't even loving look like tuna, holy poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Roro posted:

This is 100% the right thread.

It's supposed to look like a cat, duh.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Roro posted:

Yeah it looks like a cat

edit: gently caress you

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

" Put a few more slices of butter on top of the noodles. "

That looks like a Czech dish that is basically fresh cheese, noodles, melted butter and sugar. This is meant to be eaten at lunch.

I spent a summer working in the czech republic once and for two weeks we had all food provided for us and mostly it was really great food but the lunchtime we came back from site (having worked really hard outside physically in 35+C heat since about 6 a.m), we came back to this once it was pretty much the first time we didn't ravenously eat everything put in front of us. The saddest food.

I don't think this is quite the same thing but flashbacks man.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Because they paid him, Silly.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

NLJP posted:

That looks like a Czech dish that is basically fresh cheese,
Cool

NLJP posted:

noodles,
Good

NLJP posted:

melted butter
Keep talking

NLJP posted:

and sugar
Wait what

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of those popular dessert pasta dishes. Like chocolate spaghetti or manicotti stuffed with chopped up Hostess Cupcakes.

aaaaaand a quick google search:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

CannonFodder posted:

They'll just throw it out back and you can rummage around and get it out of the dumpster, you adorable raccoon.

but I'm tired

I had to google aspic and I'm very sad now. :)

e:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Head cheese, mustard, jizzed fig

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Stuff chunk with rotten half-bird and slime sauce

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Hog brain Jell-O made in the lid of an old CD-R spindle

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If someone handed me this I would ask where the real manicotti is because that poo poo is delicious as gently caress and one of my favourite foods ever

This scares me.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

And they jizz it right at your table.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Devonaut posted:

And they jizz it right at your table.

Welp, at least the jizz is fresh, organic, locally sourced and artisanal. (Especially if the waiter is a goon)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

and for the lady, ogre testicle over partially digested multigrain nutrition bar, with a cilantro / dog food jello

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

and for the lady, ogre testicle over partially digested multigrain nutrition bar, with a cilantro / dog food jello

And what to drink with that, sir?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Stuff chunk with rotten half-bird and slime sauce

when I open a restaurant I am getting you to name all the dishes

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Samizdata posted:

Grog troll here. Uh, this go well with things with four legs, this go well with things with two legs, and this go well with things with no legs. Wanna sniff?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Samizdata posted:

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

why the gently caress not if you're hungover already.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

It's not a fig, it's a caper berry, which is simply just a caper allowed to grow large. They are pretty tasy, in the right context. I'm unsure if whatever that aspic thing is is such a context though.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Samizdata posted:

Ketchup Milkshake

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

AnonSpore posted:

Cool

Good

Keep talking

Wait what

A starch, plus a fat, plus sugar...unprecedented territory here.

Murderhouse food pic uploader friend presses on...

exquisite tea has a new favorite as of 09:28 on Jul 2, 2015

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

"Who ordered the biomorphic abstraction platter?"

motherfucker probably still put ketchup on that poo poo

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

A starch, plus a fat, plus sugar...unprecedented territory here.

Murderhouse food pic uploader friend presses on...

Your friend is pretty good at this. I can almost hear the muffled sobs of the half-dozen people bound and gagged just out of frame.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Your friend is pretty good at this. I can almost hear the muffled sobs of the half-dozen people bound and gagged just out of frame.

As he offers his starving victims either his cooking or the chance to kill and cook each other?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
This popped up in a 60s and 70s advertisement Facebook group.

Christ. Just look at the recipe.

I'm a child of the 60s and 70s and I never, ever had to eat crap like that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Nourishing". It was always about being nourishing and wholesome. These cookbooks always make it seem like everyone was always on the verge of starvation, even in the 50s/60s.

And in Australia no less.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

"Nourishing". It was always about being nourishing and wholesome. These cookbooks always make it seem like everyone was always on the verge of starvation, even in the 50s/60s.

And in Australia no less.

Well, it sounds better than "You'll gave 5 pounds by looking at it, but it will make you instantly forget that bastard and how he left you and the kids behind" isn't it?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
WTF is that crust made out of? I thought meat at first, but there are green bits sticking out.

It sounds like the sort of thing I'd enjoy, but that picture, good Lord.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pookel posted:

WTF is that crust made out of? I thought meat at first, but there are green bits sticking out.

Not actually green stuff. It is a seriously faded copy of an oversaturated advertisement. And that is assuming the scan went flawlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

pookel posted:

Meat and egg. Read the recipe.

I really wasn't horrified until the tin of spaghetti.

• Locked thread