Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Chard posted:

"If I had known this, I would have picked my own cotton" What the gently caress? Known what? That slavery is awful? Is this sticker in response to recent events or is this an old photo? I am genuinely at a loss as to what this is trying to say, I must be missing something obvious

"If I had known I would have to live next to black people (because they eventually got something close enough to equal rights for me to be pissed off) I wouldn't have taken them out of Africa."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Wanna slap those bumper stickers on famous confederate gravestones and memorials.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Rorus Raz posted:

Mike Lester would like to take the time to remind you to vote for Bernie Sanders

Nice try, Lester, but this is how it's done:

Also, I'm curious to see if anyone is going to try and do anything with Donald Trump: Mexican Rape Caseworker, or #AskBobby. Satirizing the already ridiculous has to be tough work. Time for Bennett, Bagley, Horsey, et al. to step up their game.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Thanks for decoding that sticker friends, that "makes sense" in the context of being a crazy fuckin racist I guess.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Vogon Poet posted:

This sure is a thing.

It is permissible to say that word, but not if you're actually a racist that draws Black Mouth Piece characters to gripe your opinions. Here's a witty guy that understands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Vogon Poet posted:

This sure is a thing.

That shirt owns

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Rorus Raz posted:

Mike Lester would like to take the time to remind you to vote for Bernie Sanders

Without red arrows everywhere itll never be as good as a Ramirez

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The obvious coded message there is that people are furious that they can't use "friend of the family" in a disparaging context anymore without being called a racist. That's what it is, almost every single drat time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The real response is to just ask why you'd want to say friend of the family

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

corn in the bible posted:

Sadly in Ohio, they just say it (if no black people are in earshot)

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Reposting that Stantis cartoon since this version's in better format

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mister Beeg posted:

Reposting that Stantis cartoon since this version's in better format

The ten's being changed because it hasn't been redesigned since the new security requirements and the 20 has. That's it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

Wooooow

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Being incredibly generous, you could say that the cartoonist is making the point that since friend of the family was reclaimed by black people as a term of endearment, the Confederate flag was reappropriated by Southerners to represent hospitality, cool lemonade on a warm evening, finding that perfect fishin' hole and fried chicken and gravy (thanks, Ruben Bolling) but of course there'd no way I'm extending this much benefit of the doubt.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

there wolf posted:

So you're saying Heinz Baked Beans in the US are different from Heinz Baked Beans in the UK? Or that baked beans in general are different? I'm confused... and now I'm distracted because Bush's is a big brand for canned baked beans in the US and I think we miss an opportunity as a nation to make a lot of bean jokes in '03-'04.

uk on right (as you can surely tell) and us on right.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I need two Mad Whitey shirts. One that has an arrow pointing up for myself, and one pointing to the side for people that aren't white.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

WitchFetish posted:

lol if you can't see how depicting the popular and just destruction of a fascist NATO coup as something bad is rather problematic
Trawling to find interesting propaganda means I get the honor and privilege of reading a shitload of communist/imperialist apologetics on a daily basis. That poo poo you just spewed? Too retarded even for them.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lowtechs posted:

Nah mate, our beans look like the beans on the left. The beans on the right have just been overcooked.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

corn in the bible posted:

The answers are:

a) You are an actor portraying a racist.

b) You are actually a racist.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

Oh man, that reminds me of this one:

Draw a culturally related thing, slap some labels on it wherever they fit, all done! In his own way, Ramirez is almost as lazy as Gorrell.

The Radical Islamist are jackels (Anubis has a jackel's head) and a jackel's head doesn't really belong on a man's body (democracy)

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Lowtechs posted:

We truly are a degenerate people.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nah mate, our beans look like the beans on the left. The beans on the right have just been overcooked.

Sorry meant on the left I mistyped that. On the right is what Heinz baked beans in the US are like. They have a thicker and sweeter sauce.

This is a better pick of the us version http://www.killerbunniesinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/tomato-baked-beans-1.jpg

Lowtechs fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 2, 2015

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Shugojin posted:

The answers are:

a) You are an actor portraying a racist.

b) You are actually a racist.

c) you are discussing racial epithets in an academic sort of way?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lowtechs posted:

The Radical Islamist are jackels (Anubis has a jackel's head) and a jackel's head doesn't really belong on a man's body (democracy)

Why is democracy wearing Egypt as pants

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I figured most people here would realize by now that the Cold War was two superpowers loving over as many countries as possible to get the edge over the other in a global pissing match.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xander77 posted:

Trawling to find interesting propaganda means I get the honor and privilege of reading a shitload of communist/imperialist apologetics on a daily basis. That poo poo you just spewed? Too retarded even for them.

you posted the same link twice

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Chard posted:

"If I had known this, I would have picked my own cotton" What the gently caress? Known what? That slavery is awful? Is this sticker in response to recent events or is this an old photo? I am genuinely at a loss as to what this is trying to say, I must be missing something obvious

This is actually a *more polite* version of a white Southern joke/saying that I've heard repeated by a couple of people. The full version is "If I'd have known that [you can guess what word goes here] were going to be this much trouble, I'd have picked my own drat cotton"

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Close the thread, that Henry edit has won all Gay Abortions categories instantly. And I mean that in an endearing way.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Everybody knows President Obama was against same sex marriage until he was for it. He said he evolved on the issue. Justice Kennedy and four other members of the Supreme Court also evolved this week. Now that it’s a civil right, opposition to gay marriage could be considered bigotry.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We almost had 'em! One more decade of embargo and communism would have collapsed! :argh:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

"Now let me tell you why it was such a historical triumph when republicans re-opened diplomatic relations with China..."

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

This just in: no one ever allowed to change their opinion on anything

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Chip Bok posted:

Everybody knows President Obama was against same sex marriage until he was for it. He said he evolved on the issue. Justice Kennedy and four other members of the Supreme Court also evolved this week. Now that it’s a civil right, opposition to gay marriage could be considered bigotry.

Yes Chip, that is how those things work. So what's your point?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh my.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

We almost had 'em! One more decade of embargo and communism would have collapsed! :argh:

It's like some kind of weird reverse Any Day Now

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yes Chip, that is how those things work. So what's your point?
[/quote]

He's implying that he is not evolved? IDGI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Chip Bok posted:

Everybody knows President Obama was against same sex marriage until he was for it. He said he evolved on the issue. Justice Kennedy and four other members of the Supreme Court also evolved this week. Now that it’s a civil right, opposition to gay marriage could be considered bigotry.

I love this, does Bok think he's exposing something here? All he's doing is providing an accurate account of exactly what happened, but the impression I get is that it's supposed to come across as a shocking revelation of hypocrisy or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I love this, does Bok think he's exposing something here? All he's doing is providing an accurate account of exactly what happened, but the impression I get is that it's supposed to come across as a shocking revelation of hypocrisy or something.
[/quote]

That is what it is. Anything other than blindly sticking to your guns until you die is cowardice and hypocrisy.

• Locked thread