Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

Ya I know but something thats less of a city and more of a kick rear end fort. Like the Fiends in Vault 3 I guess but more organised.

Kinda wish this was how the Boomers in NV turned out now, rather than them just occupying Nellis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

If you gave me a pipe, I probably could not make a gun out of it without detailed instructions, but maybe if I make the Bicyclops build for Fallout 4, I just will not give myself that perk.

I want more perk info. I want to start building characters with the points and stuff.

Fallout dad goes to post apocalyptic ikea and buys the "Günne" flat pack kit. The instructions are very complicated and the kit is missing the necessary Allen key for assembly. He cannot make a gun.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Ron Perlman mumbles something about "bad choices" and "the wrong ending".

FronzelNeekburm posted:

you spend the rest of the game playing as a dog mechanic fixing up his owner, finding friends, trying to open cans of dog food, etc.

This is marvelous. :allears:

edit: these are the threads that make me love this site, so much good stuff here.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 1, 2015

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Another cool idea: play up the whole idea of the Brotherhood's weird medieval thing. They seem to have a hereditary leadership postion at times so instead of having the standard old man in charge have the Brotherhood in upheaval after that guy died and his teenage son in in charge now. You can have rival factions vying for influence, pushing for war or reforms they desire now that they see the leader as pliable. The kid is just confused and sad, he's not a leader at heart and all his friends and everyone he's ever known won't talk to him like a person anymore. The player blunders into their base because of course they do and the young Elder summons you because you are maybe the only person who will just talk to him. Do you help him to forge his own path as a friend or do you join in on the politicking?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

Another cool idea: play up the whole idea of the Brotherhood's weird medieval thing. They seem to have a hereditary leadership postion at times so instead of having the standard old man in charge have the Brotherhood in upheaval after that guy died and his teenage son in in charge now. You can have rival factions vying for influence, pushing for war or reforms they desire now that they see the leader as pliable. The kid is just confused and sad, he's not a leader at heart and all his friends and everyone he's ever known won't talk to him like a person anymore. The player blunders into their base because of course they do and the young Elder summons you because you are maybe the only person who will just talk to him. Do you help him to forge his own path as a friend or do you join in on the politicking?

Dang it, now I just want to play that game that you just made up in your head.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Maxson kid from FO3 rises to power following the death of Elder Lyons. Lyons' influence on the boy causes even more issues between the DC Brotherhood and the Outcasts, causing more people to side with the Outcasts and eventually drive Maxson and his remaining followers out of DC. Even the main branch of the Brotherhood is pissed, with Elders from back west seeing this as an opportunity to seize the reigns of power from the Maxson family, so they secretly supply the Outcasts with equipment and personnel to try and eliminate him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, and Sarah Lyons ends up in a miserable dynastic marriage to that little snot-nosed punk.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Take-charge Black Woman: "I feel so empowered."

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

frajaq posted:

Which other company do people want the Fallout IP to go?

Ronco

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cephalocidal posted:

Take-charge Black Woman: "I feel so empowered."

She is the head of a huge slave society, her character is ironic on multiple levels.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'll make the case that in a world that's still mostly wasteland where scarcity is the worst it's ever been that you're not going to see flourishing cities that aren't walled in forts. NCR had walls and gates too. Limitations of games back then aside it kind of sucks being the one with cool stuff in a land poisoned by nukes, giant rats and scorpions.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hemophilia posted:

I'll make the case that in a world that's still mostly wasteland where scarcity is the worst it's ever been that you're not going to see flourishing cities that aren't walled in forts. NCR had walls and gates too. Limitations of games back then aside it kind of sucks being the one with cool stuff in a land poisoned by nukes, giant rats and scorpions.

I mean, better to have the cool stuff than to be on the outside, trying to fight your way in to get the cool stuff, I suppose.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
On Durability & Limited Ammo:

While replaying FO3 last night, I had a nerd moment and realized these two constructs serve a higher purpose than just making the game more immersive (swift degradation of the guns notwithstanding). Durability and limited ammo in FO3 functioned as an encouragement for players to use new combat strategies.

I was balls-deep in the Grayditch quest to destroy the Fire Ant colony. I ran out of rifle ammo and had broken my shotgun. I had to resort to using the many landmines that were scattered throughout the map as traps, plinking walls to draw the ants into the mines, then finished them off with something else.

Sure, it was an inconvenience at first ("aw gently caress I'm out of rifle ammo") but the coaxed perspective drew me out of my comfort zone and ended up being more interesting than straight-up blasting my way through the map with my main.

Weapons with no-durability and infinite-ammo would definitely take away from this type of game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There are only two weapons in fallout 4 that never degrades and they are your cold cyborg hands. After training in various Wasteland martial arts, all guns eventually become worthless to the ridiculous techniques and effects that you can unleash with your RoboDad/Mom Fist style. By comboing several unarmed techniques, you can trigger special kill animations that Todd Howard dramatically announces the move's name along side Fallout Style writing filling the stream for a brief freeze frame. For example, mixing Paralyzing Palm, Wasteland Hurricane, Chest Burster's Delight and Here's a Present For You in that specific order unleashes Hundred ATA Fist. You stun the opponent, somehow throw 100 punches all about their body while screaming like Bruce Lee, smash open their chest, rip out their heart with the right hand while jamming some live explosive into their open torso with your left and then dramatically walk a safe distance away from the blast. As the opponent is about to explode, the Robo Parent mockingly says "You already were an embarrassment to the family" as you perfectly time the explosion with crushing their heart in your hand.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 1, 2015

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh1fq5HPfXY

This remains the best dialogue in a game I've seen, the same guys who did New Vegas too I think. More of this in a Fallout setting would be great - after bethesda let us gently caress around with dogs and super mutants some more.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

maev posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh1fq5HPfXY

This remains the best dialogue in a game I've seen, the same guys who did New Vegas too I think. More of this in a Fallout setting would be great - after bethesda let us gently caress around with dogs and super mutants some more.

That was a great series of games.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
This morning I spotted a co-worker mixing together his breakfast, which was a liquid concoction of almond milk, coconut flakes, cinnamon, oats, and whey power. I asked him, What is that, your monster brew?

:smug:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
My only wish for this game is that it's going to have a maximized window option.

Which it won't off course, because Todd Howard gets sad when you Alt Tab.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Suave Fedora posted:

This morning I spotted a co-worker mixing together his breakfast, which was a liquid concoction of almond milk, coconut flakes, cinnamon, oats, and whey power. I asked him, What is that, your monster brew?

:smug:

Monster Brew Crew official breakfast. :worship:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Groetgaffel posted:

My only wish for this game is that it's going to have a maximized window option.

Which it won't off course, because Todd Howard gets sad when you Alt Tab.

"Why would you ever not want to be playing the game? You should be playing the game."

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
"Fallout 4 is going to be all about immersion. There will be nothing to distract the player from the world we created. Any secondary displays will be blacked out, other audio streams will be turned off. If you have a microphone, it will analyze any ambient sounds in your area and then cancel them out. This includes air conditioners, street traffic, any source of sound. In addition to that, Fallout 4 will include the first geolocational adaptive system in any game. Our new software is able to determine your location by analyzing your IP address, and using the local sunset/sunrise times, traffic reports, construction schedules, and weather reports the GAS changes Fallout 4's gamma, contrast, volume, saturation, even the frequency and strength of enemy encounters to better match the outside environment."

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
Are there suits of armor for your dog

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bing_commander posted:

Are there suits of armor for your dog

Dog Armor will be a paid DLC, obviously.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if there's no dog power armor I will demand a refund

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i still don't understand why a robotdad would need powered armor. the main idea is that human flesh is puny and a suit of steel is better protection, but wouldn't robotdad already be made out of sturdier stuff than human flesh? it's like building a bigger tank that is big enough to contain an m1 abrams or something. why not embrace the robotdad motif and have you be able to directly integrate different weapon / armor systems directly into your robotdad body? that'd be way cooler imo

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

homeless poster posted:

i still don't understand why a robotdad would need powered armor. the main idea is that human flesh is puny and a suit of steel is better protection, but wouldn't robotdad already be made out of sturdier stuff than human flesh? it's like building a bigger tank that is big enough to contain an m1 abrams or something. why not embrace the robotdad motif and have you be able to directly integrate different weapon / armor systems directly into your robotdad body? that'd be way cooler imo

As far as I know, the androids in Bethesda's Fallout universe are pretty much identical to humans in every way. The android you find in Fallout 3 doesn't believe that he's an android since he's so much like a person. He says something along the lines of "I cut myself shaving this morning" so they're pretty humanlike

The concept of an android that's identical to a human is kind of difficult to believe but then again so are a lot of things in Fallout

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 2, 2015

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Minorkos posted:

As far as I know, the androids in Bethesda's Fallout universe are pretty much identical to humans in every way. The android you find in Fallout 3 doesn't believe that he's an android since he's so much like a person. He says something along the lines of "I cut myself shaving this morning" so they're pretty humanlike

The concept of an android that's identical to a human is kind of difficult to believe but then again so are a lot of things in Fallout

no problem just use terminator logic that the outer layer of tissue can bleed or sweat or whatever to better mimic humans, but the inside is still cold, unfeeling steel

basically i want to be t-800 dad

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Moridin920 posted:

if there's no dog power armor I will demand a refund

I don't care if my puppy won't die, buddy needs to be properly dressed for war. Put down your phone and stop being a lazy poo poo, Todd Howard.

homeless poster posted:

no problem just use terminator logic that the outer layer of tissue can bleed or sweat or whatever to better mimic humans, but the inside is still cold, unfeeling steel

basically i want to be t-800 dad

Nah, the flesh is just naturally stronger due to Nuclear Powered nanomachines or something. But with the right amount of perks and personal upgrades, you can forgo the ability to pass as a pathetic human and embrace your new perfect machine body.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's worth mentioning that while Robo-Dad/Mom is indeed a likely plot, it's by no means a sure thing.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually looking forward to the androids up north. The couple of brief glimpses that they showed of them in the trailer makes them look very similar to the working Joes from Alien Isolation, and I really hope they're good and creepy. There's not enough creepy poo poo in Fallout, I suppose Gary and the feral ghouls are the closest that the game comes.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Rex is the superior dog pet, he better drat well make an appearance.

He doesn't need armor, he is armor! :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vault full of murderous android endoskeletons armed with whatever they can pick up, twitchy, and constant glitching voice software.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

KiddieGrinder posted:

Rex is the superior dog pet, he better drat well make an appearance.

He doesn't need armor, he is armor! :colbert:

Rex belongs to the courier and the courier is lord of new vegas. So hes probably sitting pretty there.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Vault full of murderous android endoskeletons armed with whatever they can pick up, twitchy, and constant glitching voice software.

And entire vault of Hatsune Mikus

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Hihohe posted:

Rex belongs to the courier and the courier is lord of new vegas. So hes probably sitting pretty there.

He's also possibly banging the dog you accidently on purpose create during Old World Blues.

Fallout 4 looks pretty rad. I always wanted to play as a prewar person so this game was made for me, I guess. Gonna do an Idiocracy run and try to bring old world knowledge to the masses.

All 4's across SPECIAL for max authenticity.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

OwlFancier posted:

Please don't give them any ideas to make a Freddy Vault unless its Freddy Mercury.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

homeless poster posted:

Someone has never seen Gurren Lagann.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Minorkos posted:

Isn't that basically the Bladerunner guys?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

computer parts posted:

Isn't that basically the Bladerunner guys?

I hope Deckard and Roy are some of the names Bethesda recorded for your robo-butler. Just for maximum originality.

I'm sure "That Gun" will also make a return in one way or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

all i need from fallout for is that it reveal which ending is canon in new vegas

• Locked thread