Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

quote:

Fixed trucks stop and wait outside cargo train station, blocking traffic

This sounds like it will be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
30 new buildings sounds sweet as hell. Anyone have screenies of them? What is the break down between the RCI and Office? High and low density?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Pedestrian tunnels!? :woop:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

kefkafloyd posted:

:montreal:

quote:

Dedicated options space for mod settings

Oh that's lovely. Damnit but more devs for mod heavy games need to do this. *glares at bethesda*

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

kefkafloyd posted:

But will there be subterranean zoning?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

But will there be subterranean zoning?

Finally accurate representation of Moledova

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

ToastyPotato posted:

30 new buildings sounds sweet as hell. Anyone have screenies of them? What is the break down between the RCI and Office? High and low density?

Apparently they are for the regular theme. No screenshots though.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Here's some of the new buildings.

http://imgur.com/a/kBGdd

Seems a pretty random grab bag of stuff.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Fans posted:

Here's some of the new buildings.

http://imgur.com/a/kBGdd

Seems a pretty random grab bag of stuff.

:wiggle:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Huh, I have that same building, except mine is a bit taller. :c00l:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's not the number of floors that matters, it's how many employees are in it.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

TACD posted:

Huh, I have that same building, except mine is a bit taller. :c00l:

Burj Dongai

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The quality on a lot of those buildings seems a slight step up. Can't quite place my finger on it, but they're nice. Make me more than ever want to figure out these style-district mods so I can use both sets.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Pedestrian tunnels, my only weakness. Must resist.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Friction posted:

Pedestrian tunnels, my only weakness. Must resist.

You mean, zero energy subways :science:

I haven't measured in recent patches, but before the european building patch I clocked one pedestrian traveling over 2km from door to door using pedestrian walkways.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So I think my city has hit the point where I can start laying down some HD Residential zones. But when I try to zone over existing houses nothing happens. Do I need to do something first or accomplish something first to go from low rez to high rez?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rezoning in this game requires a bulldozer and starting over for that area. There's no smooth upgrade.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Is there a collection of "stock-alike" buildings on the Steam Workshop somewhere? I just got this, and before I play I want to load up on buildings of a similar style to stock. My main concern is building variety from what I've seen.

While we're on the subject, what mods are pretty much considered mandatory?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

BigRed0427 posted:

So I think my city has hit the point where I can start laying down some HD Residential zones. But when I try to zone over existing houses nothing happens. Do I need to do something first or accomplish something first to go from low rez to high rez?

Just select high density, use right click to dezone and left to zone with HD.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Arsonide posted:

Is there a collection of "stock-alike" buildings on the Steam Workshop somewhere? I just got this, and before I play I want to load up on buildings of a similar style to stock. My main concern is building variety from what I've seen.

While we're on the subject, what mods are pretty much considered mandatory?

Adding a lot of assets can seriously hinder performance. I went wild at one point and installed like 100 growables and it tanked my fps even though I have a pretty solid computer. Not everyone seems to have this issue though so YMMV.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bold Robot posted:

Adding a lot of assets can seriously hinder performance. I went wild at one point and installed like 100 growables and it tanked my fps even though I have a pretty solid computer. Not everyone seems to have this issue though so YMMV.

Were you making sure to avoid the cases where a single building is like 20 megs?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Hadlock posted:

You mean, zero energy subways :science:

I haven't measured in recent patches, but before the european building patch I clocked one pedestrian traveling over 2km from door to door using pedestrian walkways.
Interesting. Never really considered scale in this game that much, but 2km really isn't that far IRL. 25 minute walk.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

xzzy posted:

Rezoning in this game requires a bulldozer and starting over for that area. There's no smooth upgrade.

If you use the dezone tool (or right click with the other zone tools) that will dezone the area. Once you rezone it as high density, the buildings will go away naturally and rebuild as high density. Much friendlier than bulldozing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

As far as the inhabitants are concerned it's exactly the same as bulldozing, as the new structures start out at level 0 and no tenants.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
And if you do it to 80% of your residential at the same time your city doesn't handle it well :v:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

lurksion posted:

Interesting. Never really considered scale in this game that much, but 2km really isn't that far IRL. 25 minute walk.

You can walk across most midsize European capitals in about an hour. Even mega capitals like London and Paris, the main inner loop around the historical city center is less than 10 miles (16km, or 8 game squares)in Diameter. Rome's city center is about 2.5 miles or 4km. Rome is so compact you might run across the next subway station looking for the first one if you miss the intersection.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's been awhile and I want to play some more. Is there a list of recommended mods?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

lurksion posted:

It's not that big in real life, but in this game it's kinda huge. Pedestrian walkways really should be encouraged because each person walking to work is one less person clogging up your roads.

It's great seeing people walk across massive half-kilometer bridges to get to work.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's been awhile and I want to play some more. Is there a list of recommended mods?

Anything growable by Gula (he was one of the artists on Sim lovely and whatever other issues that shitshow had it was loving gorgeous). Also the extended public transit UI. Also, Fishy Fry Andy/Giggly's maps.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 2, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Today is a patch day so it's not a good time to look for mods.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Is there any way to revert to 1.1.0? The mods I'm using haven't been updated but I want to keep playing my existing city in the meantime.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Alkydere posted:

It's great seeing people walk across massive half-kilometer bridges to get to work.

Now you can funnel them INTO THE TUNNELS vitamin D is for whiners.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm going to make a ton of prefab tunnel grids and my city's going to look like a loving ghost town from lack of traffic :allears::hf::swoon:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Cities: Skylines - Dwarf Fortress Edition.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008

Yep, that's the one. Like I said, all my subsequent flights are taking off fine. Probably a timing issue with laying down additional runway while a flight is in-progress. I didn't pause while adding the extra runways in.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

Cities: Skylines - Dwarf Fortress Edition.
As long as they don't start vomiting when they leave the tunnels. :v:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

This game really needs SC-style disasters.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Could someone please mod some loving disasters for this game so we don't have to have this discussion every few pages?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

This thread really needs some SC style disasters

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

This thread really needs some SC style disasters
They could go for always online. :haw:

Adbot