Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
I just came back to this game after a long hiatus, can someone explain to me why half the guild was kicked, including BFM?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Someone (I don't remember who) logged in an officer account and kicked everyone online and probably more people.

Also, almost everyone quit.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Narciss posted:

I just came back to this game after a long hiatus, can someone explain to me why half the guild was kicked, including BFM?

BFM is an actual child molester. Drama ensued

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Thunderbro posted:

This is actually what happened. BFM is a sad gently caress. And goon guilds in games like ArcheAge are questionable at best

sawshuh
Mar 25, 2007

Thunderbro posted:

BFM is back in AA and got into the one of the best west guilds through a friend. I posted the screenshot account of what happened to that girl and was told it wasn't proof of anything. I gquit.

sawshuh fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 2, 2015

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
"Why would I care about what happened years ago? How does him being a pedophile effect me playing a video game?" - 50+% of goons in AA.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

sawshuh posted:

BFM is back in AA and got into the one of the best west guilds through a friend. I posted the screenshot account of what happened to that girl and was told it wasn't proof of anything. I gquit.

Which server/guild?

sawshuh
Mar 25, 2007

tatersyum posted:

Which server/guild?

Aranzeb/i W T F

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Charles Bukowski posted:

"Why would I care about what happened years ago? How does him being a pedophile effect me playing a video game?" - 50+% of goons in AA.

not to mention trying to hide that you knew exactly what went down and then go into denial so hard that you begin to believe in a conspiracy between the something awful forums moderator kewpuh and the imp zone to try and destroy the archeage guild for....some reason that would have been good for the collaboration

sawshuh posted:

well at least one goon was trying to sneak him back into the guild because of Amazing Wool Profits behind everyone's back so is it really surprising that nobody cares that they're playing with molestro when we can get a leg up in the clothing department

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Look guys it's just business those sheep ain't gonna shear themselves.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Look guys it's just business those sheep ain't gonna shear themselves.

Hi chomp what are you doing in here? Listen I got kicked out of the MWO thread and kewpuh said he loves MWO to much let me post there so you gotta take the baton mate.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
getting kicked out of a thread means you are a good poster

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Prawned posted:

Hi chomp what are you doing in here? Listen I got kicked out of the MWO thread and kewpuh said he loves MWO to much let me post there so you gotta take the baton mate.

Prawned you're good people but there is no point to hassling the MWO thread anymore. Most of the humor has dried up. PGI actually managed to put forth a little effort and do some things, astonishingly taking the game from "trainwreck" to just "run of the mill bad game". It's not good enough to play but it's not bad enough to keep trolling even if the people playing it are morons. If those idiots what to spend 100 pages talking about their awful builds just let them at this point. MWO is a dry well.

It's time to move on. There are newer and fresher trainwrecks. May I suggest Star Citizen?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eonwe posted:

getting kicked out of a thread means you are a good poster

I wasn't kicked out of that thread but I was ordered to stop harassing the OP lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please PM me if it ever becomes clear that the thread is ripe for loving with people agian because id love to help

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

sawshuh posted:

Aranzeb/i W T F

Hahahaha holy poo poo is it the same BFM tag? They are the pirates who did nothing when we found out one of their prominent members actually went to prison for molesting an underaged girl

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Let he who has not molested cast the first stone...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

effectual posted:

Let he who has not molested cast the first stone...

Kay

*Throws cinderblock*

Edit: looking back and revisiting this game I see it was poo poo dressed in potential wrapped around rationalizing a lost 100$. The BFM event accelerated the implosion. In an alternate universe where he wasnt in the game, we all would have jumped ship 3 months in when the starter sub ran out. A shame. Game was fun and novel during early access when everyone was equal.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 3, 2015

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

tatersyum posted:

They are the pirates who did nothing when we found out one of their prominent members actually went to prison for molesting an underaged girl

He did his time. He's a new man now. Why are you picking on him, he just wants to play a game :(

:v:

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Prawned you're good people but there is no point to hassling the MWO thread anymore. Most of the humor has dried up. PGI actually managed to put forth a little effort and do some things, astonishingly taking the game from "trainwreck" to just "run of the mill bad game". It's not good enough to play but it's not bad enough to keep trolling even if the people playing it are morons. If those idiots what to spend 100 pages talking about their awful builds just let them at this point. MWO is a dry well.

It's time to move on. There are newer and fresher trainwrecks. May I suggest Star Citizen?

Baby I've been on the star citizen train since day numero uno.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I was cleaning my computer today and I found a bunch of old Archeage screenshots. I actually have like 20 screenshots from when the guild was going to poo poo and I was saving all of these for Space Court to prove Kimsemus and I innocent of all "Goon-loving" charges. I fear that Eonwe is losing the will to shitpost and that Anders is in a perpetual state of being a scared bitch and our honest day in Space Court will never come.

God bless anyone who fished in Archeage, you got to play the worst part of a terrible game while it lasted.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
what

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not losing the will to shitpost!!!!! I'm just enjoying Derek Smart in the star citizen thread

i have a feeling they will never ever let me advocate for Kimsemus to get back in the guild, but I hope you lend me your support when the time comes

in fact

anyone here who knows Kimsemus was inncoent of goonfucking should let people know in the Star Citizen thread by quoting this post

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&pagenumber=788#post447709757

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

im glad that star citizen is funny again

it was boring for a long time

now its good

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A Spider Covets posted:

im glad that star citizen is funny again

it was boring for a long time

now its good

To every thing there is a season.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Kimsemus did nothing wrong.

futile
May 18, 2009

Carol Pizzamom posted:

And goon guilds in games like ArcheAge are questionable at best

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the leader of KGB has spent over 100,000 on this game

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eonwe posted:

:eyepop:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pff, archeage doesn't even have a sex minigame. Who plays this crap?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eonwe posted:

You got a link? That's one of the last guilds I'd expect that kind of thing from.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nah my friend is in KGB is all

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
100000 drachma?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
a currency starting with a 'd' at least

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I got a thing telling me that Trion is porting another Asian game apparently without actually bothering to focus on fixing what they have now. I have to wonder who actually still falls for that.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
probably the same people who pre-ordered those expensive aa packs. you know theyll do it again

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

probably the same people who pre-ordered those expensive aa packs. you know theyll do it again

Remember when the $150 Silver per-order package was #1 on Steam sales for like a week?

lol they made bank off this lovely game

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
And then enough people got pissed at Trion that Archeage got removed from Steam and Steam actually gave out refunds for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futile
May 18, 2009

Deki posted:

You got a link? That's one of the last guilds I'd expect that kind of thing from.
Romeos, the leader of KGB, was pretty well known for being the biggest whale on Ollo. For example he bought and regrade-destroyed tons of kraken weapons back when they were the best thing in the game. Just for fun. $100,000 is a totally believable number. He's just an amateur compared to some EVE and mobile game whales though.

futile fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 19, 2015

• Locked thread