Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

I can deduce from this photograph that Chris Christie has an abnormally swollen cranium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Obama's eyes on the gut: "God drat!"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

a shameful boehner posted:

I can deduce from this photograph that Chris Christie has an abnormally swollen cranium.

Indicative of lack of self-control and general untrustworthiness. :tinfoil:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I think entering Christie's gravitational field counts as hugging him.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Joementum posted:

They both got all :swoon:y when they met the American President.

And so we return and begin again.

:getin: :nyoron:

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Living in Australia, I'm less in the know about most candidates outside of the big names. A few pages back there was some talk about Kasich, and I decided to do a bit of background reading on him. He actualyl seems like a down to earth relatively normal person who doesn't ooze hate.

Am I missing something here or is he actually a decent human being and a republican that has no chance because he doesn't tow the party line?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

GATTACA

Walker is a genetically engineered supermahahahaha

SCOTT WALKER
PRESENTED BY AMICA

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PotatoManJack posted:

Living in Australia, I'm less in the know about most candidates outside of the big names. A few pages back there was some talk about Kasich, and I decided to do a bit of background reading on him. He actualyl seems like a down to earth relatively normal person who doesn't ooze hate.

Am I missing something here or is he actually a decent human being and a republican that has no chance because he doesn't tow the party line?

He has no chance because he's a no name governor that has never made national headlines.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

No, that's Rand Paul's campaign.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

taqueso posted:

Buy a new av, put [img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/avatars/sanderistas.png[/img ] in the text portion.
The avatar purchase page specifically says you can't use img tags and the preview doesn't work. Are they just lazy as gently caress and haven't updated that section since 2003?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Second story on Google News Top Stories:

'Professional Suicide': Donald Trump's Big Mouth Chews Hole in His Wallet

unnngnggghhgnngnngng :gizz: :ccb: :gizz: :ccb:

Edit: Wait media, don't kill him yet! We have a debate coming up soon! :ohdear:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Jealous Cow posted:

Hes going to grudge-gently caress the entire election process until hes dragged off it.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Nessus posted:

An obsession with the idea of some kind of ideal disinterested philosopher-king which goes back to the founding of the nation, where they were so scared the regular army would be a tool of despotism that they didn't pay the officers. (G-Wash pretty much singlehandedly prevented the obvious outcome to that decision.)
Well, they were supposed to pay them, but basically never had any money, so they basically never did. Washington himself was never paid, but he did have a sweet expense account.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Switzerland posted:

* has red hair, and when was the last time we had a red-haired candidate?

Van Buren, I believe.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Re: The Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKVPYQW6KE

I'm Dutch so this is ok.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jealous Cow posted:

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

robot roll call posted:

I would be happy to give her name to said researcher.

Well... I know a news guy. I can't PM you, though.

He interviewed Rorus, I think.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

So who plays Longinus and what kind of spear does he have?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Trump has at least one elected official on his side.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Liberals complained vociferously that Obama took a "look forward, not back" stance with regard to the Bush administration's crimes.

You can be sure Trump and Sheriff Joe wouldn't repeat that mistake.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

I can't even imagine how the Trump train ends.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I had no idea who it could be at first, but how could it have been anyone else?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Veskit posted:

I can't even imagine how the Trump train ends.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jealous Cow posted:

So who plays Longinus and what kind of spear does he have?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

PotatoManJack posted:

Well, he funneled tax money into JobsOhio which did nothing but shuffle cash into pockets of friends and supporters. And he's been super okay with right wing attacks on women, including championing incredibly restrictive abortion laws. And he supported the legislature's attempts to ban public unions. And he made his money working for Lehman Brothers. And he was the point guy for the Republicans' balanced budget nonsense in the 90s.

I mean, sure, he's more tolerable than some of the other clowns but he's still an enormous gently caress.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 22, 2016

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Touché. Tocar?

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

JOIN SCOTT WALKER
gently caress AFRICA

SCOTT WALKER
THIS GUY FUCKS

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 3, 2015

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol @ thread title change

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gyges posted:

More importantly, Christie betrayed America by being cordial to the guy giving him millions to rebuild. Most importantly this betrayal happened just days before the election.

Someone repost the pics of the time Obama went to Texas and then-Governor Perry did his damnedest to avoid the pitfall of "appearing friendly toward the President"... to which Obama was more than happy to go along with.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Thank you for the title change blessed mods. In return, I give you this picture of Rick Santorum learning he has won an election.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

PotatoManJack posted:

Well he tried to defund planned parenthood and gut public unions and failed. He successfully created a bunch of lovely changes to the unemployment Insurance program in Ohio, something I didn't truly appreciate until moving to Massachusetts. You wouldn't want the guy anywhere near the white house. I hate him and campaigned against his horrible proposals a few times when I still lived in Ohio.

That said, compared to the other republican candidates he does look pretty good and could point to a few things that would appeal to normal people in the general election. He increased the highway speed limit by 5 mph, which pretty much everyone likes. He repealed some totally bullshit legislation banning "vicious dog breeds" that ultimately defined "vicious dogs" as any shorthair dog owned by a minority (seriously, the city of Toledo straight up refused to enforce that legislation because of how awful it was). He totally destroyed any opportunity to be president by accepting those Obamacare dollars instead of refusing to them out of spite. Hell, he went so far as to use a tricky legislative maneuver to sidestep the republican controlled house in order to accept that money. Best of all, he called the republicans who didn't accept that money lovely Christians.

Just to be clear, I hate the guy, but he's no Walker, Jindal or Christie. Ohio is bad and Kasich will only make it worse, but he didn't crater the state economy like those other three did. If he had an ounce of charisma and wasn't running in a party controlled by insane people he'd probably make a decent candidate, but Kasich gaining charisma is about as likely as Trump gaining humility. This is a guy that made himself unlikeable while declaring an increase in the highway speed limit. And he will never, ever, ever make it through the primary alive.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Thank you for the title change blessed mods. In return, I give you this picture of Rick Santorum learning he has won an election.

Cleanup on aisle dong.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The best part about it was that Christie was just being thankful that the president got poo poo rolling quick when Sandy hit. You know, being a human being and thanking the guy who lends a helping hand. He said something to the effect of "I don't really care about that right now" when asked if he knew whether Romney would be making a campaign stop to scrub dishes nobody needs or fill sandbags for no reason, because his state just got hosed and what the hell would Romney do other than get in the way.

Also Trump sounds like Christopher Walken doing a Pacino impression and Santorum looks like the guy they'd pick to do a broadcast biopic on Nic Cage.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 3, 2015

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

That belongs in a museum! :argh:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The gentleman from Wisconsin [Vilas] has said that he fears a Robespierre. My friends, in this land of the free you need not fear that a tyrant will spring up from among the people. What we need is an Andrew Jackson to stand, as Jackson stood, against the encroachments of organized wealth.

They tell us that this platform was made to catch votes.

If they say bimetallism is good, but that we cannot have it until other nations help us, we reply, that instead of having a gold standard because England has, we will restore bimetallism, and then let England have bimetallism because the United States has it. If they dare to come out in the open field and defend the gold standard as a good thing, we will fight them to the uttermost. Having behind us the producing masses of this nation and the world, supported by the commercial interests, the laboring interests and the toilers everywhere, we will answer their demand for a gold standard by saying to them: You shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns, you shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold.

End the Fed! Competing Currencies! TrumpBux

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

The best part about it was that Christie was just being thankful that the president got poo poo rolling quick when Sandy hit. You know, being a human being and thanking the guy who lends a helping hand. He said something to the effect of "I don't really care about that right now" when asked if he knew whether Romney would be making a campaign stop to scrub dishes nobody needs or fill sandbags for no reason, because his state just got hosed and what the hell would Romney do other than get in the way.

Also Trump sounds like Christopher Walken doing a Pacino impression and Santorum looks like the guy they'd pick to do a broadcast biopic on Nic Cage.

The best part is that Romney or at least his campaign people blamed Christie for his loss so they released his entire VP vetting file making it so Christie could never recover.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr Hootington posted:

The best part is that Romney or at least his campaign people blamed Christie for his loss so they released his entire VP vetting file making it so Christie could never recover.

They didn't end up releasing much because Christie (wisely) refused to disclose anything to the Romney campaign, which was one of the reasons they didn't pick him. Also because Mitt laughed at how fat he was.

The only 2016 contender that Romney still has a full, unreleased vetting file on is Rubio. The two of them have been trading friendly phone conversations though and it seems unlikely that Mitt will stab him in the back.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Well he tried to defund planned parenthood and gut public unions and failed. He successfully created a bunch of lovely changes to the unemployment Insurance program in Ohio, something I didn't truly appreciate until moving to Massachusetts. You wouldn't want the guy anywhere near the white house. I hate him and campaigned against his horrible proposals a few times when I still lived in Ohio.

That said, compared to the other republican candidates he does look pretty good and could point to a few things that would appeal to normal people in the general election. He increased the highway speed limit by 5 mph, which pretty much everyone likes. He repealed some totally bullshit legislation banning "vicious dog breeds" that ultimately defined "vicious dogs" as any shorthair dog owned by a minority (seriously, the city of Toledo straight up refused to enforce that legislation because of how awful it was). He totally destroyed any opportunity to be president by accepting those Obamacare dollars instead of refusing to them out of spite. Hell, he went so far as to use a tricky legislative maneuver to sidestep the republican controlled house in order to accept that money. Best of all, he called the republicans who didn't accept that money lovely Christians.

Just to be clear, I hate the guy, but he's no Walker, Jindal or Christie. Ohio is bad and Kasich will only make it worse, but he didn't crater the state economy like those other three did. If he had an ounce of charisma and wasn't running in a party controlled by insane people he'd probably make a decent candidate, but Kasich gaining charisma is about as likely as Trump gaining humility. This is a guy that made himself unlikeable while declaring an increase in the highway speed limit. And he will never, ever, ever make it through the primary alive.

Yeah, it's worth noting that 50% approval has been his high watermark in the state, and he honestly has struggled to reach those lofty heights by virtue of his sheer anti-charisma. His reputation is going to be as one of the adults in the room, but he's basically just tried to pander to whoever seems to hold the power in the room at the time and worry about it later. Also, it's worth noting that he held onto the governorship in large portion because he had a war chest to spend and was running against the single worst Democratic candidate Ohio and possibly the United States have ever seen. Like seriously, for the Aussie guy who brought up Kasich, do yourself a solid and look up Ed Fitzgerald and all the incredible scandals, gaffes, and whatever else he had in that campaign--it was unprecedented for how awful it was.I recommend Plunderbund for any research on Kasich as a governor though. He's a shrewd operator, but he's not nearly charismatic enough to pull this off.

Also the story of him defending acceptance of the subsidies at the Koch retreat is incredible and one of the few moments in the world I've believed the man has a soul.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In case you're wondering, Bobby talked to his kids on Facetime from Iowa tonight. They must have missed the trip by not behaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

In case you're wondering, Bobby talked to his kids on Facetime from Iowa tonight. They must have missed the trip by not behaving.

Damnit Bobby, that's a hell of a crease on that sleeve you got there.

• Locked thread