Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Darko posted:

Here's the synopsis for episode 2:

The Prince of the Saiyans Vegeta’s Family Time!
Vegeta goes out with Bulma and Trunks to a resort area! Bulma and Trunks are very happy with this unexpected family time together! But even as he’s doing this, Vegeta is bothered that Goku is off training?!

Goku This Week
Training on Planet Kaiō!
Training under Planet Kaiō’s 10 times gravity is perfect! In spite of the nuisance to Kaiō, Goku starts his training, but what is his surprising training method?!

Jesus Christ. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So DBM.. do we know when alternate universe Goku is from- like, what DBZ era? Alternate universe Goku may be evil, but he still has normal Goku's potential. This could get ugly.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

New Leaf posted:

So DBM.. do we know when alternate universe Goku is from- like, what DBZ era? Alternate universe Goku may be evil, but he still has normal Goku's potential. This could get ugly.

They called him Turles, and he died pretty quickly.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

New Leaf posted:

they're all from the same point in time

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

New Leaf posted:

He hunted down Yamcha and Tien, but then was subdued by Raditz. He has fond memories of Krillin, but it appears something happened to that Krillin.

(I remember far too much about DBM).

And apparently on Sunday DBM will go into this information in a little more detail.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Cozz posted:

He hunted down Yamcha and Tien, but then was subdued by Raditz. He has fond memories of Krillin, but it appears something happened to that Krillin.

(I remember far too much about DBM).

And apparently on Sunday DBM will go into this information in a little more detail.

The original impression I got was that he never hit his head and so was just a crazy murderman straight away. Since he knows Krillin and such, the idea I have now is that happened, but he got a good upbringing from Gohan anyway, but the saiyan rage and mission is there buried in the back and ready to come out. My theory is that the actual deciding factor is that Kakkarot beat Roshi at the World Martial Arts tournament and never learned any humility and the combination of all that sent him totally over the rails. And then later the saiyans show up.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Prison Warden posted:

My theory is that the actual deciding factor is that Kakkarot beat Roshi at the World Martial Arts tournament and never learned any humility and the combination of all that sent him totally over the rails. And then later the saiyans show up.

I really hope this is what they do in DBM. Roshi's concerns over what would happen to Goku if he actually wins the 21st and 22nd Tournaments make them way more interesting than they would be otherwise. He's proven right to be concerned too, since Goku only starts slacking in his training after winning the 23rd Tournament, which really screws up the battle against Raditz later on.

Exploring what would happen if Goku actually won the 21st would be quite intriguing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think roshi is wrong about Goku. Even if he won, and was the strongest fighter around, Goku would still train like hell. It's just Goku's Way...

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Brony Hunter posted:

Are we getting a "Are We There Yet" routine with Trunks, Bra and Vegeta? That'd be the greatest thing I can ever imagine.

Bra won't be around for a while. Bra is 1 year younger than Pan, and in Battle of Gods, which takes place 4 years after Buu, Videl is pregnant with Pan. Super starts up 6 months after Buu, so we have some time.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I think roshi is wrong about Goku. Even if he won, and was the strongest fighter around, Goku would still train like hell. It's just Goku's Way...

You missed Goku not training after beating Piccolo in the tournament, since there were pretty much no mountains to climb

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

You missed Goku not training after beating Piccolo in the tournament, since there were pretty much no mountains to climb

Where did this come from? Goku was wearing his weighted clothing even while visiting friends with his son. Piccolo was just taunting Goku when he claimed Goku wasn't training. Goku even has a slightly higher power level than Piccolo when they removed their weights.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

mabels big day posted:

Yeah, it's Goku's way in the timeline where he lost. The tournament was his first big martial arts thing in his childhood. Winning could have changed his entire outlook.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ChronoReverse posted:

Where did this come from? Goku was wearing his weighted clothing even while visiting friends with his son. Piccolo was just taunting Goku when he claimed Goku wasn't training. Goku even has a slightly higher power level than Piccolo when they removed their weights.
Well there's training and then there's training. Presumably Goku was doing basically the same poo poo he was doing before, maybe a few more reps or whatever. He COULD have, for instance, gone and bugged Mr. Popo to go through Mr. Popo's Tough Enough like the humans did.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Nessus posted:

Well there's training and then there's training. Presumably Goku was doing basically the same poo poo he was doing before, maybe a few more reps or whatever. He COULD have, for instance, gone and bugged Mr. Popo to go through Mr. Popo's Tough Enough like the humans did.

He'd already done that though. He trained under and surpassed Kami before fighting Piccolo Jr.

He and Piccolo were, quite literally, the two strongest beings on the planet at the end of Dragonball. There was no one left to train under.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

He'd already done that though. He trained under and surpassed Kami before fighting Piccolo Jr.

He and Piccolo were, quite literally, the two strongest beings on the planet at the end of Dragonball. There was no one left to train under.

Wrong because Mr.popo is almost as strong as raditz. He still had plenty of room for improvement.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Stairmaster posted:

Wrong because Mr.popo is almost as strong as raditz. He still had plenty of room for improvement.

Canonically, stronger than both SSJ Kid!Trunks and SSJ Goten, according to the Buu saga.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Pecking Order is canon

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

I'll need see a source to back up that claim.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

New Leaf posted:

I really dig that black Saiyan armor. Where the gently caress were these designs for Xenoverse?!

those bottom designs on everyone (except the kais who are ALL new) are new to this expansion

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

The "source" for that is the same that has Chichi capable of sparring with Goten so hard that he goes super saiyan.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/battle-power/databook/

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Interesting, I hadn't seen the numbers laid out like that before.

Nappa only being 4,000 seems wrong though, because despite Goku being "over 8,000," Nappa did manage to fight him to a standstill before Vegeta took over.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Nappa only being 4,000 seems wrong though, because despite Goku being "over 8,000," Nappa did manage to fight him to a standstill before Vegeta took over.

He's got thick skin.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That powerlevel data is infamously wrong though, using it as "source" is like saying your uncle works at Nintendo.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
The whole fixation on power levels thing always amuses me because it's literally a plot point that it's not a reliable system. That's the whole point of Vegeta smashing the scouter. From then on the only people who talk about actual numbers are all the space people who we are routinely shown having their asses kicked because they relied on it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

are we having this conversation again already

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ban power level chat. And minions

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

New Leaf posted:

I really dig that black Saiyan armor. Where the gently caress were these designs for Xenoverse?!
Doesn't one of the Majin outfits look almost exactly like that?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Some Numbers posted:

While power levels are bullshit except as maybe a vague measure of mojo factor, Mr. Popo got Krillin from a 216 to what, 1000? He obviously hadn't shown Goku everything he knew, even if it probably wouldn't have been a 1:1 kind of deal.

But Goku had no reason to seek that out.

Piccolo was obviously also slacking off because he goes from 400 to what, 3500? And he was teaching Gohan at the time too.

But the real point is they weren't motivated.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Ban power level chat. And minions

DYK: baby goten had the same power level equilivalent to that of gohan when the super kami guru unlocked this power on Namek?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Anime Curator posted:

DYK: baby goten had the same power level equilivalent to that of gohan when the super kami guru unlocked this power on Namek?

Please wait for the first in my youtube series "Did you know Power levels?" where in I fart into a mic for 30 mins as pictures of Arale and Vegeta punching Beerus in the face slide across the screen.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I honestly legitimately hope they do this. Have a universe full of weird-rear end goofy counterparts to all the characters, give them whoever the hell for Japanese voices I really don't care, and then have TFS dub them. :v:

e: a universe where Nappa was sent to Earth as a baby and raised by Grandpa Gohan instead of Goku. To differentiate him from OG evil Nappa, he's dubbed in English by Takahata101, and they let him improv. :getin:

Here's how the DBS/TFS first encounter went down in my head:

TFS Piccolo: "Oh hey goku, what's up?"

DBS Goku: "こんにちはピッコロ!あなたはまだNamekianとして話していますか?ニート!"

TFS Piccolo: "Uh... Huh. Any why exactly are you talking in tongues?"

DBS Goku: "あなたはここの周りに大きなドラゴンボールを見たことがありますか?"

TFS Piccolo: "...Well, I knew this day would come. You've finally succumbed to boxer's dementia."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJpl8_7yO_0 presented without comment

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

This is the proest of pro clicks, holy poo poo. Everyone loving watch this.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Would if it weren't region locked.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
gently caress Funimation's youtube by the way.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

cool

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Seriously, the idea that you can actually prevent people from viewing material based on national borders is a concept that should have died when the first to computers were connected over phone lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
You guys are missing the gently caress out. Holy poo poo.

Anyone called that phone number yet?

• Locked thread