Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This loving post is about loving spiders. There are thousands of loving species of spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gay

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Camel spiders, of order Solifugae, are not actually spiders. Learn to loving tell the difference.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
op i think you shouldnt gently caress spiders

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Pick posted:

Camel spiders, of order Solifugae, are not actually spiders. Learn to loving tell the difference.

What are they then? Ants that have developed spider-like camouflage?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Arthropods of order Ricinulei aren't spiders either, you trucknut. You should loving know that.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

i also like spiders

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

whats with the crystal ball on that first one's head

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't actually like spiders. I loving love opiliones though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

glowing-fish posted:

What are they then? Ants that have developed spider-like camouflage?

They're arachnids, but not spiders. A lot loving closer than ants.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
spiders are pretty cool. in australia we gets lot of those huntsman cunts that just come for a loving chill in your house and you're like sup bro, and they stare at you for days.

eventually you have a gutful of their poo poo and you move them along by using a broom or you catch them. i don't kill them as they tend to kill all the other bugs and poo poo hanging around your place so i'm cool if that brother doesn't pay rent as long as he holds up his end of the bargain.

i only kill redback/black widow spiders. don't get funnel webs where i live but if we did they'd be dead fuckers.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cmon man. This scares the poo poo out of me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I like spiders and other poo poo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
opiliones :3:

party!

i loving want to join the party!!!

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
I once kept a spider under my mat in the shower. it didn't hurt me, I didn't hurt it. I have better spider karma now.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Pick posted:

opiliones :3:

party!

i loving want to join the party!!!

pubes

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
most spiders are p chill, unless you go out of your way to piss them off they'll just do their own thing.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Pick posted:

This loving post is about loving spiders. There are thousands of loving species of spider.

more cute spiders pls

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

WHen I was a child we'd put those longlegged buggers all over our shirts and chase the girls. What happened to our country?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Robbie Fowler posted:

most spiders are p chill, unless you go out of your way to piss them off they'll just do their own thing.

they run too fast

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCO56iyBXtU

edit: the huntsman in these videos are punkass wieners. they're usually much larger.

Robbie Fowler fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 3, 2015

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

spiders are our allies in the war against mosquitoes and other offensive flying poo poo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Ladies.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't think I can wrap my head around the logistics of loving a spider, but whatever rocks your boat, dude.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

that is some sci fi poo poo

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
stop trying to get high on benadryl

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Is this thread only for spiders or all arachnids?

Until I get an answer, say hello to mr. Redback. I've killed multiple of these in my garden despite them being poisonous as gently caress:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Trapdoor spiders are pretty rad:

They have weird dorsal plates on their abdomens, similar to scorpions, which suggests that they may be one of the oldest families of spiders that can be found in present day. They also possess beefy-looking chelicerae that they use to help burrow n' stuff.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Pick posted:

This dumbshit doesn't know a fake rear end camel spider when he sees one and he's trying to school us on spiders and poo poo.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Cmon man. This scares the poo poo out of me.
Nuke it from orbit, good sir. imho.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Senordingdong posted:

This dumbshit doesn't know a fake rear end camel spider when he sees one and he's trying to school us on spiders and poo poo.

Yeah that's a fakey as hell looking at it. That's what I get for being all buzzfeed lazy and posting whatever the hell comes up in gis :v:

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

This little nigga got a palantir.

naem
May 29, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

They have weird dorsal plates on their abdomens, similar to scorpions, which suggests that they may be one of the oldest families of spiders that can be found in present day. They also possess beefy-looking chelicerae that they use to help burrow n' stuff.

Get beefy, bitch

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

ChickenHeart posted:

Is there something written on their back plate? What do they use it for? Is it some kind of clan-tag? WTF?

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Pick posted:

Yeah that's a fakey as hell looking at it. That's what I get for being all buzzfeed lazy and posting whatever the hell comes up in gis :v:

Whatever, you didn't even notice it has a thorax.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Spiny-backed orbweaver

This one looks badass.

Spider towers

Weird poo poo found in America

Kirs fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 3, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pick posted:

I don't actually like spiders. I loving love opiliones though.

It looks like someone mated a cuttlefish with a spider.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Whatever, you didn't even notice it has a thorax.

More significantly, it's clearly made out of fake materials like you'd create a fishing fly. This one's completely on me, I'm copping to it for being a lazy copy-paste robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pick posted:

Arthropods of order Ricinulei aren't spiders either, you trucknut. You should loving know that.

sassy

• Locked thread