Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Third World Reggin posted:

also why won't this loving duck set off my bear trap I swear to god

The MMO HMO > Moonlight Blade: why won't this loving duck set off my bear trap I swear to god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This is a... significant amount of patching.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haquer posted:

The MMO HMO > Moonlight Blade: why won't this loving duck set off my bear trap I swear to god

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Pavlov posted:

This is not a joke. Tigers are invulnerable to kung fu, and I've seen players spawn them. You need to be a hunter and use hunter arrows to kill them. They hit like trucks and it is hilarious.

Also I hope some of you fucks pick the pretty princess umbrella class if we ever want to do dungeons.

I am pretty princess but since some people decided to go yellow team when I was already blue team for days itll take me a while to switch over, but maybe by then there will be more people, also fully expect frebreze to go pretty princess so i can call him my emei sister again

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Did we settle on Yellow? I happen to be Yellow but I can switch.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
What am I doing wrong here? It looks like an error message but scribbling out the characters starts me onto some translation error about the end of the world or possibly the lunar new year - it happens when I try to launch the game after region select etc.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Not sure, but sometimes setting your system locale (different from your normal locale) to China helps with random issues for some people. Did with me.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I did that, I guess I'll keep looking - someone else ran into it on the KoS forum but they don't know either.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
If we already have a QQ account, do we need to do anything before we can login to New Improved Chinagame With Marshmallows?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

angerbeet posted:

What am I doing wrong here? It looks like an error message but scribbling out the characters starts me onto some translation error about the end of the world or possibly the lunar new year - it happens when I try to launch the game after region select etc.

Yeah that's a novel error; it's essentially just telling you that there was an error, and the program has no idea what caused it, much like firefox or windows do when they crash for me. The textbox is asking you to describe how you produced that error. Just because someone else got that same dialogue box does not mean the two errors are in any way connected.

But that's probably not what you wanna hear? You can't go wrong with a full HD wipe/OS reinstall?

Also, you guys keep mention scribbling characters...what on earth is your input method?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Not sure, but sometimes setting your system locale (different from your normal locale) to China helps with random issues for some people. Did with me.

Right, and this is a prime example of BAD CODING. Bad character encoding, anyway.

I'll spare you guys a lecture about character encoding sets, but this is basically what happens when you forget that there are other character sets in the world. When this game displays text in many instances(not all, sometimes its legit an image, not a character), that code needs to be read as simplified chinese, or the program will get all confused and (SHOULD) NOT START (At very least you won't be able to read anything, but i guess that describes most peoples' experience with this game in any case). If you're on windows, then windows assumes that non-unicode characters should be interpreted according to your system locale, which means you shouldn't be able to start this game unless your system locale is PRC, and your system has support for simplified chinese.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

So I drove a cart for the first time today, and the Chinese kept yelling at me, because I kept spinning it in place and wasting everyones time :( Then I drove through a Tree Orchard and a Wheat Field, Chinalife is good.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I am also a pretty princess umbrella master.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Almond Crunch posted:

Yeah that's a novel error; it's essentially just telling you that there was an error, and the program has no idea what caused it, much like firefox or windows do when they crash for me. The textbox is asking you to describe how you produced that error. Just because someone else got that same dialogue box does not mean the two errors are in any way connected.

But that's probably not what you wanna hear? You can't go wrong with a full HD wipe/OS reinstall?

Also, you guys keep mention scribbling characters...what on earth is your input method?

Google translate lets you draw character shapes, but it's kind of in MS paint format - you can then select a matching character, but obviously this takes a while. I found a site that does OCR and translation of images, but that's not super helpful as auto-translation of Chinese leaves a lot to be desired anyway.

The bugreport dialog does produce an error log, I'll post a pastebin of it after dinner if anyone is excited to look through it, I'm going to redo the PRC Simplified Chinese language pack for windows in the meantime and try the usual driver updates and whatnot.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Change your timezone to china time.

It worked for gundam online.

Also come home and get a big fat Server is busy. loving QQ making me qq.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
If there's a way to verify your MBO installation via the launcher you should do that too.

randombattle posted:

Change your timezone to china time.

It worked for gundam online.

Also come home and get a big fat Server is busy. loving QQ making me qq.

Just give up on international QQ and make a chinese QQ account. If it asks you for SMS just use one of those free online ones.

Digital Decay fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 3, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

So MBO just raised the level cap. Not sure how high but it's above 60 now.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Finally got my qq but it's still gonna be patching for a long time.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I managed to join the red faction while avoiding clicking on a single thing that was red.

This is quite an experience.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
If you need voice chat, I think feedz is going to set up his TS3 server

until then a good number of us are still in the angry dome on CTS

We should be in one of the axis power rooms

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Almond Crunch posted:

ONE IS DOING THAT DAILY, KZN, SO DO IT

I tried following this advice and it got me murdered.

[edit] I tried again and ended up driving carts. Presumably I was being yelled at the entire way but its all moonrunes to me.

kznlol fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 3, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the cart daily requires one person to summon a cart and everyone else to ride it. So 1 driver 4 riders.

the killer daily is just run around and kill 5 random guys

the carts can be done for unbound via flags and also be assaulted, probably

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

So I registered for an international qq but it's still asking for a real name registration thing.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
So is levelling after the main story questline finishes just doing dailies every day?

I'm pretty ok with this.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

randombattle posted:

So I registered for an international qq but it's still asking for a real name registration thing.

It thinks you're a robot. I have no idea, but you should probably get on mumble and ask

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 3, 2015

SMLJ
Sep 7, 2010

randombattle posted:

http://bns.mmosite.com/news/10232013/tencent_qq_account_identity_verification_guide.shtml

Think I might try out beggars and body slam all day.

Horrible ping and not being able to spew wine to make people puke in jianghu makes me sad.

SMLJ fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 3, 2015

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

That got it.

I seem to have a broken server list though.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007

randombattle posted:

In the launcher where you're being prompted for your real name, you'll see a http://jkyx.qq.com/ or some equivalent. You can go there and there will be a way for you to use your passport information instead of a citizen ID. If you don't want to use your passport you'll have to lie about being a citizen and hope that the ID you got is 18+ years old, otherwise you'll get slapped by Chinese anti-addiction laws.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
ID generators are pretty easy to find and in the worst case I'm fairly sure you could generate a valid one by hand as long as you had access to location codes. The only hard part is figuring out the checksum digit, really.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007

That's quality chinagaming.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Digital Decay posted:

In the launcher where you're being prompted for your real name, you'll see a http://jkyx.qq.com/ or some equivalent. You can go there and there will be a way for you to use your passport information instead of a citizen ID. If you don't want to use your passport you'll have to lie about being a citizen and hope that the ID you got is 18+ years old, otherwise you'll get slapped by Chinese anti-addiction laws.

it does not check your ID you can use any random 9-10 digit number you just have to remember it if you ever loose your account, since thats part of the recovery process

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

randombattle posted:

That got it.

I seem to have a broken server list though.

See those characters bottom left? Those are not chinese characters. You have a character encoding problem. Change your system locale.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Also, ZhenWu has a lot of depth holy poo poo there are like 25 combos for them. If you liked Ninja Gaiden, play ZhenWu

Too hard for me, so I just made a tangmen.

Uh, do you know why tangmen is so awesome? Because if you're decent, you can play them while eating a cheeseburger. One-handed

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

Also, ZhenWu has a lot of depth holy poo poo there are like 25 combos for them. If you liked Ninja Gaiden, play ZhenWu

Too hard for me, so I just made a tangmen.

Uh, do you know why tangmen is so awesome? Because if you're decent, you can play them while eating a cheeseburger. One-handed

Or jerking off to glorious PRC, as you should be

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Aparantly the new Cap is 63 for now, also visited Wudu the school scene is in the game and reminding me a lot of WV including lava and volcanos

Exploring the entire map gives rewards btw you can check on your progress for that here
i -> 成就 -> 游历 -> 地图

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 3, 2015

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I ended up reinstalling the language pack and that got it. I made a drunken Kung fu guy because flying kicks and suplexs are too awesome.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Let me know when some mega nerd makes a translation patch.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

so far there isn't a whole lot to translate

just minor pieces

your phone can do the leg work for you

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So it turns out the error I got was the same problem as the guy on KoS, who figured it out - Teamviewer had a connection instance running in the background.

So add disable Teamviewer startup on your PC I guess!

Xibo is back in Chinaland!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Natalie_Luna posted:

Aparantly the new Cap is 63 for now, also visited Wudu the school scene is in the game and reminding me a lot of WV including lava and volcanos

I've seen at least one 64, so it's higher than that.