Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Not Shown: Perturabo curb stomping some loyalists while shrugging his tripple layered pauldrons

I dig the direction it seems they went with him (power cables and baroque techno knight armor). Why didn't they do the same with the upgreydd kits?

Hixson posted:

Confirming Perturabo is fully sick. Can't wait to see BULBASUARs take on him in 7 years when he finishes painting him

Hopefully your army gets Sigmore'd by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
I've been mostly painting and modelling, but I'm wondering how the Space Wolves held up after the releases of the new DE and SM dexes? How they hold up in comparison to all the mini-dexes floating about at the moment. I've always liked Space Wolves and was thinking of getting a force to ally with my AM or to act as a CAD and ally in my GK NSF.

E: Are the garbage units to avoid? would it be cheapest to get a box of wolf marines and some regular marines and spread out the wolfy bits? Is it all garbage to be best avoided?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Is it this guy?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MPiRfsZWTLw/UzuUrPlkJXI/AAAAAAAA7qI/T_ihZJ4TZ0M/s1600/64-Forge_World_Open_Day_2014-063.JPG

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Well, he looks awesome.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Anyone wanna take bets on how hard GW stock is going to fall this next quarter with Age of Shitmar?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Hopefully enough that they don't try to reboot 40k. Things are bad, but they could always be worse.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

drgnvale posted:

Hopefully enough that they don't try to reboot 40k. Things are bad, but they could always be worse.

Double down! Reach for the brass ring!

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I'm starting to like GW more and more as time goes on, simply for the volume of internet manbaby tears their decisions produce. It's like somebody in the company reads all of this stuff, leans back with a smug smile, and just says "You know what? gently caress you," and implements Operation Nerdrage anyway. It's beautiful.

I just got some yellow primer in, and was planning on starting up my Imperial Fists 30k legion with some purchases at GenCon, and now they prepare to release Perturabo. If they come out with a cool Iron Warriors MkIII torso/head upgrade kit, or some terminator stuff, I'll probably do both.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I dunno, maybe Warhammer 41k: Age of the Emperor wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. As long as mantic does a good job with Warpath 2, we'd have a good game and (probably) good models.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
New Ultramarine kits:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Anyone going to the open day willing to send Perturabo my way (US, AK) if hes available, if i paypal the cash?

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 3, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is that thing supposed to be a chicken foot? A hydra? The ghostly hand that beckons to you when something smells really delicious?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ignite Memories posted:

The ghostly hand that beckons to you when something smells really delicious?

Goddamnit. That's what I see now, thanks.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

New Ultramarine kits:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

Has there ever been any official art of him as a Daemon Prince?

His was a legion ground into the dirt by an uncaring bureaucracy that did not pay attention to the welfare of his soldiers, when he went renegade he felt like it was for the betterment of humanity. It was a previous Codex or a White Dwarf issue (probably the great Chapter Approved stuff which was so fun) that explained two things 1) the legion used surgery to fight the effects of Chaos because they didn't want to be weird tentacle monsters 2) the rest of the legion was terribly alienated when he ascended to Demonhood. He became a false god to the soldiers that had suffered, slogged through suicide missions, and horrific, grinding siege warfare for centuries. What I am not aware of is if there was any reason why he betrayed his own humanity, Mortarion made a deal with the devil in order to save his dying, suffering "children," I do not remember a single word explaining why Perturabo become a hellish monster man.

I have said it far too many times but the history of the Iron Warriors as a loyal fighting force is one of the most compelling in the backstory to the game. I know actual military veterans that got the worst jobs because they work the hardest, the Iron Warriors (and Crimson Fists, Relictors, even Imperial Fists) add an element of humanity to the story that makes sense.

This was first published in White Dwarf, as far as I know.

These eight foot tall walking tanks with automatic mini-missile launchers look broken, at the breaking point after months or years or decades of trying to crack that fortress. Even Space Marines have their limits, given missions by people that know them only as god-like, impervious legends of war. Images like this are almost heart-breaking.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
There's one or two there I don't really like, but it's interesting they're all individual designs, the Ultramarines and Raven Guard don't have 10 different heads in a pack. I might have to change my plan and sprinkle in a set or two of torsos and helmets with various marks of armor for my 30K AL...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BULBASAUR posted:

New Ultramarine kits:

Ugh I've been waiting for Alpha Legion stuff just to paint but these helmets look like rear end. Was hoping for a bunch of beakies.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm closing my books on open day stuff since i've got a list a mile long already. Anyone thats pm'd me already i'll get stuff for but no more after this!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Post 9-11 User posted:

His was a legion ground into the dirt by an uncaring bureaucracy that did not pay attention to the welfare of his soldiers, when he went renegade he felt like it was for the betterment of humanity. It was a previous Codex or a White Dwarf issue (probably the great Chapter Approved stuff which was so fun) that explained two things 1) the legion used surgery to fight the effects of Chaos because they didn't want to be weird tentacle monsters 2) the rest of the legion was terribly alienated when he ascended to Demonhood. He became a false god to the soldiers that had suffered, slogged through suicide missions, and horrific, grinding siege warfare for centuries. What I am not aware of is if there was any reason why he betrayed his own humanity, Mortarion made a deal with the devil in order to save his dying, suffering "children," I do not remember a single word explaining why Perturabo become a hellish monster man.

I have said it far too many times but the history of the Iron Warriors as a loyal fighting force is one of the most compelling in the backstory to the game. I know actual military veterans that got the worst jobs because they work the hardest, the Iron Warriors (and Crimson Fists, Relictors, even Imperial Fists) add an element of humanity to the story that makes sense.

These eight foot tall walking tanks with automatic mini-missile launchers look broken, at the breaking point after months or years or decades of trying to crack that fortress. Even Space Marines have their limits, given missions by people that know them only as god-like, impervious legends of war. Images like this are almost heart-breaking.

A good post, iron bro.

The Iron Warriors ended up with one of the most grimdark and compelling backstories. Despite this, they have one of the most inconsistently written and poorly represented Primarchs. The strength of their story is in the legion's soldiers, which contributes to making it even more compelling and tragic (though I doubt it was ever intentional).

In 40K they were the closest thing to a pre-heresy legion until the re-imagined Black Legion became a thing. FW has also attempted to make them a bit more distinct from the Iron Hands and Imperial Fists in HH, but the representation has been pretty inconsistent and at times, disappointing. I haven't seen the whole model, but I hope they settled on the visual direction with Perturabo and will run with it.

e:

IronWarrior.jpg

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

Perturabo looks like a good primarch.

For a clown to use.

In a toilet legion.

Maybe if they had shithouse overcosted terminators and assclown chaplains and a primarch named for a gay poet they'd be less of a toilet legion.

Or maybe you're just bad bro.

On an unrelated note, Shadow Daishi is in NYC this weekend so we went up to the Greenwich Village GW store to get in a game. 1,000 points, My Rad Black Legion vs. his Dumbass Space Wolves. Just for shits and giggles, I brought the 3-Helbrute Murderhelpack, a formation with 3 deep-striking Helbrutes.

Things started out OK. I chose to deploy last.

My deployment

A blurry shot of the table at deployment. The GW cityfight table is so busy as to be actually a chore to play on and kind of dumb. The non-cityfight one is OK though

Some rad fukken autocannon havocs

...who couldn't see poo poo

A Shadow Daishi's-eye view of the middle of the table gettin hosed with Rhinos

...which got worse when he immobilized my rhino with a lascannon shot and my dudes piled out

Daishi's vindicator attempting to blow open my rhino full of chaos marines. He missed, like an rear end in a top hat

Daishi's Wolf Guard terminators got their roll to teleport in turn 2, and then promptly scattered on top of this building and into a pretty bad position

Things got to be a mess in the middle

while Daishi ran his wolves around the flank (these are supposed to have riders or something)

...so then I retreated and made a wall of rhinos and rear end in a top hat

...and my Khorne bros bust in through the door of the building, eager to gently caress some poo poo up

at this point, mid bottom of turn 2, the dude running the store starts complaining about a headache, tells everyone to pile out, as he's going to close for 30 minutes, after which (around 3pm) he'll decide whether to stay open or close the store. We get some lunch, then return and the dude running the store is like "nope, gonna close today. Sorry everyone." So uh, we and the other folks there had to pack up our stuff and leave. So uh, I'm declaring victory by virtue of killing 2 of Daishi's mans to Daishi's one of mine. All hail the brilliance of the one-man store idea! Who doesn't want great experiences like these?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Foreshadowing

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

Foreshadowing

It's coming to them too isn't it? :ohdear:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
guys

guys

GUYS

are you aware of whats happening with Sigmar right now?

there are LITERAL rules for giving you a bonus if YOU THE PLAYER pretend to ride an imaginary horse

this is 100% NOT MADE UP AND VERIFIABLE

I cant

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:siren: SELL YOUR MODELS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE :siren:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

If you light your opponent on fire while screaming "PURGE THE HERETIC", you get +1 BS with all Inquisition units in your next shooting phase.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
CHECK THE WARHAMMER THREAD I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP

guys

GUYS?!?!?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

new WFB has multiple rules across multiple armies penalizing you for making eye contact with your opponent. This is not a drill.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Saint Drogo posted:

new WFB has multiple rules across multiple armies penalizing you for making eye contact with your opponent. This is not a drill.

Wear a hood for rerolls. Hold a drink for bonuses. Toast m'lady with a real goblet for bonuses. Longest mustache wins. Talk to your miniature for rerolls - if he talks back, get an additional bonus.

40K: we're coming for you next. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Witness your doom 40k players.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/age-of-sigmar-compendiums?_requestid=4799865

Just read one of those loving things

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I would personally recommend the Warriors of Chaos ~*Warscroll Compendium*~, as it features special rules that literally reward you for insulting your opponent, and penalize them for making eye-contact with you.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Fateweaver plus screaming bell (no penalty for taking both) automatically wins you the game. Not kidding. No defence to this. Autowin.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lord Twisted posted:

Fateweaver plus screaming bell (no penalty for taking both) automatically wins you the game. Not kidding. No defence to this. Autowin.

This isn't a joke or hyperbole btw

Screaming Bell has a rule where if you roll 13, you win the game

Fateweaver allows you to change any roll (not single dice, the total roll) to whatever you want

This is a real thing

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Moola plz post these details at least 4 times in every other TG thread, just incase

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW MAN!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Pyrolocutus posted:

If you light your opponent on fire while screaming "PURGE THE HERETIC", you get +1 BS with all Inquisition units in your next shooting phase.

Brb gonna buy SOBS

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Make this the OP of the AoS thread.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Post 9-11 User posted:

Christ what an amazing post. Played since 3rd edition and never delved too deep into them.

On another note, wyverns.

2x TL Stormshard mortar firing indirectly, I fire, roll scatter, re roll if needed with no -BS twice right?

How do people say you end up with 12 shots of you have 3 wyverns?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Each wyvern carries two stormshard mortars, which iirc is Heavy 2.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Heavy 2 twin-linked, just to add insult to injury. Four blasts per tank, letting you reroll the initial scatter to make half-sure the initial blast ends up where you want it to, and thanks to Barrage the other eleven blasts come down in a neat tight cluster around it.

Incidentally, Space Marine Thunderfire Cannons do the same thing in batteries now, except that instead of native twinlinking you need a librarian to cast Prescience on them. I just got myself one TFC since I'd always wanted one - now I'm tempted to get the other two!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I will never find "The Emperor treated me poorly by asking me to do all the same poo poo as my brothers but not loving me more, so now I am going to rebel and try and consign all of humanity to literal hell" as sympathetic, I get finding a certain level of sympathy for heroes turned villains as their virtues or minor flaws are turned against them in horrific ways, but to actually go one step further and say "this guy is justified in his actions" is pretty weird. Storm of Iron is the only thing half-way good about the Iron Warriors, and their Primarch has not been written as anything other than a big whiney baby who is infinitely butthurt that people like Dorn more than him. Perhaps this has something to do with Dorn not being known to kill his subordinates for giving him bad news or other trivial poo poo.

They do have the best battle-cry though...

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 4, 2015

• Locked thread