Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

IDGI. This is bad...why? Should he be spending his day on a ranch clearing brush instead?
He should spend it writing documents firing Biden, replacing him with Mitch McConnell, and then resigning with an apology for having been so, you know, uppity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

IDGI. This is bad...why? Should he be spending his day on a ranch clearing brush instead?

Because the embargo was working perfectly before Obama ruined it!!!!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

something something communism, hooman rights, and poo poo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Pool report of Hillary on the campaign trail:

Dan got that question. He asked her about Bernie's crowds. She replied: "We each run our own campaigns and I always knew this was going to be competitive. I want to have a great debate in the primary and caucus around the country and that is what I am looking forward to.”

He should have taken the ice cream, imo.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011

I made a thing. Figured it was appropriate.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Dan got that question. He asked her about Bernie's crowds. She replied: "We each run our own campaigns and I always knew this was going to be competitive. I want to have a great debate in the primary and caucus around the country and that is what I am looking forward to.”

Hillary's policy of flipping the press the bird at every chance is really going to pay out in spades.

For Bernie :getin:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The Bernie campaign sent me two t-shirts when I only ordered one how can we trust someone so careless with our country smdh.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The Bernie campaign sent me two t-shirts when I only ordered one how can we trust someone so careless with our country smdh.

Redistribute that poo poo, comrade.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Realistically, how badly is Rubio going to be hurt by racism? On the most superficial level, he looks like a white guy, and I suspect moderate Republicans will proudly support him as "one of the good ones." But some percent of the far-right are going to flat-out reject him, and are there enough of them to meaningfully hurt his chances? If nothing else, it puts him on the defensive on immigration right out of the gate.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Rasczak posted:

Ehhhh if I was on a diet I wouldn't drink Bud Light anyway, all of the garbage produced by Anheuser-Busch and MillerCoors has poo poo like GMOs and high fructose corn syrup in it. I wonder if it would be unpatriotic to drink a craft beer or bourbon or something.

Oh no not GMOS!!!!!!

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Realistically, how badly is Rubio going to be hurt by racism? On the most superficial level, he looks like a white guy, and I suspect moderate Republicans will proudly support him as "one of the good ones." But some percent of the far-right are going to flat-out reject him, and are there enough of them to meaningfully hurt his chances? If nothing else, it puts him on the defensive on immigration right out of the gate.

I feel like any far-right republicans that hardline will already discount him for not having an utterly draconian immigration plan.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Hillary's policy of flipping the press the bird at every chance is really going to pay out in spades.

For Bernie :getin:
I've heard that the press really doesn't like the Clintons for whatever reason, with the big recent example being when the New York God drat Times was doing a cross-promo of some horrible CLINTON SCANDAL PAPERS with some insect that Rupert Murdoch had funded. What is the deal there?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Joementum posted:

I agree shoulda gone for the ice cream. Dude is like that loser at the party that acts like shits all boring and not intellectual enough or him and poo poo.

Indie Rocktopus posted:

How long did it take him to figure out what kind of blowback he would get for not saying something about Trump's racism?

edit: also is "politically correct" the new code word for I'm racist?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 3, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Well, that is a pretty dumb question. Hillary and the Press are in an ancient blood feud that dates back decades. It would be nice if the press would just accept this instead of bitching about how mean ol' Hillary won't play ball with them. Take the ice cream or ask a real question.

Indie Rocktopus posted:

White Cubans are super welcome in the Republican party. They're seen as white people with a hint of spice. They the Iberian Peninsula of the Caribbean to racists. Rubio's problems are going to come from not being the party choice guy while also not being insane enough for the other factions. If Bush and Walker both fall, then Rubio gets a chance, not before. What he does have going for him is that all the racist Republicans are going to assume that Candidate Rubio will get all the Latin vote, just like how all black people voted for Obama because he's black.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

badatom posted:

I made a thing. Figured it was appropriate.

enjoy

edit lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-CkBrQfKMA

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Even putting race aside, far-right republicans were never going to support him (or Jeb!) in the primaries anyway, even if he courted them with all he's got. I mean, they've got Ted Cruz, Santorum, loving Trump; their cup runneth right the gently caress over with batshit crazies to line up behind, why would they pick someone who is trying to appear reasonable? And if he somehow gets the nod then they'll vote straight-ticket Republican like they always do.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joementum posted:

Not really, but only because it's July 2015 and still far too early to know how things are going to shake out. Some things we do know: Hillary is going to be the Democratic nominee, Donald Trump is not going to be the Republican nominee. But at this time in 2011 we were still over a month away from Rick Perry declaring his candidacy and it was widely assumed that when he did he'd be a serious rival for Romney. This time in 2007 it was obvious that Giuliani and Hillary would be facing off in the general election. In 2003 people were wondering if Wesley Clark could topple the Dean machine.

I still think the Republican nomination is a three-way race between Jeb!, Rubio, and Walker, with each of them having made mis-steps already, and all having some early advantages. I'd say each has about a 30% chance of winning the nomination, with the remaining 10% divided between long shots Rand, Perry, and Huckabee.

Nobody loves Rick Santorum. :(

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Huckabee is winning on batshit insane gay marriage presidential plans

Here is his 3 prick approach

quote:

First, I will sign religious liberty executive orders that support traditional marriage and protect businesses, churches, non-profits, schools and universities, hospitals, and other organizations from discrimination, intimidation, civil penalties, or criminal attacks for exercising their religious beliefs.

Second, I will direct the attorney general to protect religious liberty and prosecute any violations of First Amendment rights of individuals, businesses, religious organizations, institutions, and civil servants, including those who believe in traditional marriage. The Justice Department will protect and defend the rights of American citizens to follow their religious convictions without discrimination, and prosecute attacks on people of faith and their religious liberty.
I will aggressively prosecute attacks against people of faith as hate crimes.

Third, I will direct the Secretary of Defense to support military chaplains as well as servicemen and servicewomen who actively exercise their faith and not force them to participate in ceremonies they find objectionable on religious grounds. I will defend people of faith in every branch of our military. People of faith will not be punished for serving their country and sacrificing to keep us free.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/07/02/surrender-to-judicial-tyranny-will-protect-religious-liberty-not-retreat.html

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Are religions being oppressed in America and I didn't notice?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 3, 2015

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Agrajag posted:

Not being able to stop other people from living life in a way you dislike is oppression.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Agrajag posted:

Only the Christians

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

.GOP? That's a thing now?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Marco's spending the night with the man who would have won if only he'd been born Latino.

Hi, I'm Marco Rubio and I wear pressed slacks to a friendly summer dinner.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

He knows that sounds like a threat right

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I feel for the guy, I really do. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hovVzBaxmQU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

DaveWoo posted:

.GOP? That's a thing now?

IIRC from one of last year's USPOL threads, the GOP let you buy domains for like $20.16 that ended with .gop

Some goons came up with hilarious ideas without actually buying, like falsefla.gop or 1488.gop (they banned outright racist names, but of course this one went under the radar)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Agrajag posted:

Islam is

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

These have not gotten any less great despite their age.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
I'm rooting so hard for a brokered GOP convention next year. Its gonna be hilarious if the GOP cause one by condensing the primary calendar to avoid a long drawn out embarrassing primary.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lu Yan posted:

I'm rooting so hard for a brokered GOP convention next year. Its gonna be hilarious if the GOP cause one by condensing the primary calendar to avoid a long drawn out embarrassing primary.

Everything's coming up Romney.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 5, 2015

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

On pins and needles over here.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SUPREME KLAN WIZARD OR AMERICA

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I feel embarrassed just watching this thing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Koch Sucking For America?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

This has to be the most pointless publicity stunt I've ever seen.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Dr. America. Walker's got the cure for the national malaise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The X-man cometh posted:

Dr. America. Walker's got the cure for the national malaise.

Stealth endorsement for Carson.

• Locked thread