Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

enojy posted:

I dunno! It's at Best Buy, though, not on the eShop.

Ooh I wonder if they'll knock 20% off of it via the Gamercard thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Louisgod posted:

Ooh I wonder if they'll knock 20% off of it via the Gamercard thing.

They do! Although it's the last thing to be applied (sale price applies first), so it'd be $6 off instead of $8.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I went to a Toys R Us not too long ago and I saw a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D at $20 because it was an opened return. I assume they did it because the person buying it didn't have a New 3DS. I'd check around your Toys R Us's to see if this is a common thing.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Best but sale lasts through Saturday, but I dunno if they're closed for the fourth. I'm getting it tomorrow, and yes it's $24 after GCU.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Xenoblade's $30 on Amazon, too.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
This is where my money is going to today: http://tinycartridge.com/post/123070651822/ace-attorney-3ds-themes-and-sale-four-four-ace

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Is samurai warriors chronicles 3 any good? I ask as someone who loved hurule warriors and can't wait four the 3ds port

Party Miser fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 3, 2015

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
So, I am totally digging the streetpass stuff. Probably old hat for most of you in here, but I just went out to a birthday dinner and had 7 people visit and got stupid giddy about it.

I saw that rabbit mention something about a game bundle, but I can't find it on the eshop (or anything I'm looking for it seems - that place is a mess). Any tips on what to search for?

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Overemotional Robot posted:

So, I am totally digging the streetpass stuff. Probably old hat for most of you in here, but I just went out to a birthday dinner and had 7 people visit and got stupid giddy about it.

I saw that rabbit mention something about a game bundle, but I can't find it on the eshop (or anything I'm looking for it seems - that place is a mess). Any tips on what to search for?

You buy it directly from the streetpass app next to the other games.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah I am stupidly addicted to the Streetpass games as well (except for the flower one which can go to hell). The newest two added are both good poo poo, get 'em both.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

enojy posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is on sale for $30, were there any problems with it (re: being a console port to a portable system)? Kinda wanna pick it up and see what all the fuss is about. Need something to play on my New 3DS that'll tide me over until Youkai Watch comes out.

It's super loving ugly and the ui is weirdly stretched out but it controls fine

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

You buy it directly from the streetpass app next to the other games.

Ah, ok, that explains it. Still, I thought I saw something about a bundle but I accidentally clicked through it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I was considering picking up that Xeno game with the new 3DS. I'm not a huge RPG head but definitely enjoy stuff like Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Tactics, Star Wars RPGs, etc. I hated Final Fantasy 13. Is this game for me?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chill Penguin posted:

I was considering picking up that Xeno game with the new 3DS. I'm not a huge RPG head but definitely enjoy stuff like Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Tactics, Star Wars RPGs, etc. I hated Final Fantasy 13. Is this game for me?

Its nothing like FFXIII, you'll probably enjoy it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Chill Penguin posted:

I hated Final Fantasy 13. Is this game for me?

Yes.

(depending on what you hated about Final Fantasy 13, there's like a 1-in-20 chance that the specific thing you hated may show up in Xeno3DS, cause they're both JRPG's)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Seems like the DStwo has been restocked. Any recommendations for a legit realible site to get one from?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Xenoblade is a lot more like FF12 than FF13 although as a personal preference I will always prefer how FF12 did it and I know no one agrees

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
got my cyber grip, owns

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, Nintendo's doing a July 4 sale on refurbished 2DS, $60: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat200006

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Got a Nu3DS finally, and I'm super impressed with how well it handles the suspend mode. My previous one of these was DS Lite, and it would run the battery down within hours if you didn't shut it off completely. This one seems more like the PSP in that you can leave it in sleep mode almost indefinitely.

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013

Overemotional Robot posted:

Ah, ok, that explains it. Still, I thought I saw something about a bundle but I accidentally clicked through it.

Try talking to the salesrabbit about one of the games, then ask it about the price. You should get offered the bundle at that point from what I remember if it's the first series of streetpass games. If it's the second series (the fishing and zombie ones), I had tell it that I wanted to buy the games and then I got offered the newest pair of games together at a loyalty discount. Hope that's helpful!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Quest For Glory II posted:

Xenoblade is a lot more like FF12 than FF13 although as a personal preference I will always prefer how FF12 did it and I know no one agrees
I agree! The combat system is why I quit Xenoblade. I just couldn't get into it, and I gave it about 30 hours of a chance. Meanwhile I loved FF12.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

woodenchicken posted:

Got a Nu3DS finally, and I'm super impressed with how well it handles the suspend mode. My previous one of these was DS Lite, and it would run the battery down within hours if you didn't shut it off completely. This one seems more like the PSP in that you can leave it in sleep mode almost indefinitely.

It uses the wifi and does other stuff in sleep mode, so you can leave it for like a week, tops, but yeah, it is better than the DS in that regard

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know what was wrong with your DS's, but I distinctly recall closing the lid halfway through a round of Tetris DS, leaving the system in my purse for three days, and then finishing the round of Tetris afterwards.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Yeah I dunno what kinda DSes you had, but I can leave my DS lite in sleep mode for weeks. The 3DS manages maybe two days with Streetpass on.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

EU Eshop just had a bunch of ace attorney themes drop, and there's a sale on the original HD trilogy ($33..? in australia) and dual destinies ($22..?)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tithin posted:

EU Eshop just had a bunch of ace attorney themes drop, and there's a sale on the original HD trilogy ($33..? in australia) and dual destinies ($22..?)

$33.45 and $22.25 AUD respectively. Vooks.net is a good source for checking when eShop sales occur in Australia and what the discounts are.

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

woodenchicken posted:

This one seems more like the PSP in that you can leave it in sleep mode almost indefinitely.
I wouldn't say that's the case, in my experience with wifi enabled and no games running in sleep mode I got about 3 days before the system turned off from a full charge.

Edit: Just remembered that was my 2DS, haven't tested my N3DSXL.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Keeping wireless on might be a factor, I have mine off at all times because I'm basically in a Streetpass desert.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah I'm testing it with wireless off. Two days, charge indicator still at full!
Also I just realized the reason the top half looks so "industrial" is because you're supposed to put faceplates on. Without them it looks like some miniature military laptop or something, love it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Yeah I dunno what kinda DSes you had, but I can leave my DS lite in sleep mode for weeks. The 3DS manages maybe two days with Streetpass on.

Now that I think about it, it might be the Dstwo card that does that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/zero-escape-volume-3-announced-ps-vita-3ds

Zero Escape 3 is real you guys

It's actually coming

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013

Holy poo poo. I knew the developers were hinting about something, but I didn't think it was actually going to be this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now Valve needs to make Half-Life 3 and Capcom needs to make Viewtiful Joe 3. What other game trilogies are missing the third game?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dungeon keeper RIP

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hopefully it's also coming to Europe

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now Valve needs to make Half-Life 3 and Capcom needs to make Viewtiful Joe 3. What other game trilogies are missing the third game?

I wouldn't mind a third No More Heroes

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Electric Phantasm posted:

Capcom needs to make Viewtiful Joe 3.

I hope you mean "get Platinum to make it", because otherwise no, no they don't

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
While we're at it let Platinum borrow back the Okami licence forever a while. Imagine Okami graphics on a modern console. Be still my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Fast Track posted:

Try talking to the salesrabbit about one of the games, then ask it about the price. You should get offered the bundle at that point from what I remember if it's the first series of streetpass games. If it's the second series (the fishing and zombie ones), I had tell it that I wanted to buy the games and then I got offered the newest pair of games together at a loyalty discount. Hope that's helpful!

Thanks for explaining that, I wasn't going far enough in the sale before backing out.

Man, so whoever suggested those DecalGirl skins, thank you AND gently caress you. That was some intense, painstaking decal action (and gently caress that top screen decal), but it looks beautiful now. Plus it had the added bonus of giving the system some grip since I got a matte decal.