Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Seems the endgame is basically cosmetic..

Oh you're 99 all skills, buy this cape (and content max guild woo but not the point)
Why not invest time in boss pets now, entirely cosmetic.
Got them, why not get level 120 in skills, cosmetic
gently caress it get 200mill xp, you can show off to your friends of your non existant life or extra case of afk-ism, kinda cosmetic
Now spend your money on keepsake keys to permentantly wear third age and a party hat, cosmetic.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSMETICSCAPE

But as we all know there is only one true cosmetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Swicky posted:

We've lost the pirate to osrs, he will soon come back once he realises he can't get a full pirate costume which you can pvm in

It's a neat timewaster and I got bored of the main game because I'm loving comp and cant be bothered to boss for dollars. The summer event doesn't interest me either because im max and dont want the cosmetics.

I'll come back for raids for sure. No doubt about that. I don't plan to max OSRS because gently caress doing agility, hunter, runescrafting, theiving, construction, smithing, farming and slayer without RS3 conveniences.

I like OSRS because

1: I'm so low level that I can get like 20 levels in no time at all and leveling up makes my brain release the happy chemical

2: I can 100% afk train combat skills

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Swicky posted:

Seems the endgame is basically cosmetic..

Oh you're 99 all skills, buy this cape (and content max guild woo but not the point)
Why not invest time in boss pets now, entirely cosmetic.
Got them, why not get level 120 in skills, cosmetic
gently caress it get 200mill xp, you can show off to your friends of your non existant life or extra case of afk-ism, kinda cosmetic
Now spend your money on keepsake keys to permentantly wear third age and a party hat, cosmetic.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSMETICSCAPE

But as we all know there is only one true cosmetic

It's surprisingly fun in GW2

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

0-51 mage without as much as killing a single NPC and like 5 clicks to do so.

51 mage gives you ardougne teleport... As well as Camelot, Falador, Varrock, lumby and house teleports along the way.

I'm now finally able to hop around most of the world of OSRS unhindered by lovely walk times.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

SleepingPizza posted:

0-51 mage without as much as killing a single NPC and like 5 clicks to do so.

51 mage gives you ardougne teleport... As well as Camelot, Falador, Varrock, lumby and house teleports along the way.

I'm now finally able to hop around most of the world of OSRS unhindered by lovely walk times.

Any other Goons on Old School atm? I've been switching between OSRS and RS3 (resulting in a loss of many mils by swapping repeatedly, lol), but I'm currently having more fun on OSRS. Clan Channel?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Don't think we have a clan channel, you can use mine (peg leg) to talk to me though

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I am sitting across from the IRL Pizza Lady :smugteddie:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
what the gently caress is that smiley

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

Magres posted:

what the gently caress is that smiley

smug teddie obv :smugteddie:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Voyaging posted:

smug teddie obv :smugteddie:

Is this one of those anime things the young whippersnappers are all doing now? Worse than drugs and rock and roll it'll rot your brain.

EDIT:

This guy followed me around ranting and raving because I wouldn't be his friend lol. Then he ended with his... Bliss.

I am serious the OSRS community is infinitely worse than the main game community.

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 4, 2015

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
No suprise, i wish you could tell us of your adventures through games but jagex suck and can't clan chat

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

:toot: Now I don't feel like playing cause screw comping.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Terces posted:

:toot:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Terces posted:

:toot: you have truly won.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Poonerman posted:

I am sitting across from the IRL Pizza Lady :smugteddie:

Photographic proof of Crystal Nerd postin on the Goonscape thread, lookin for :smugteddie:

Here is him when he was group hugging the Fantasic Four:

I told him lots of puns IRL and it resulted in him spilling his drink cause his sides were hurting from laughter and enjoyment. Concrete proof that my puns are better IRL than in-game chat.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
WOAH A loving GAME UPDATE!

Tuska has landed! Not gonna lie, bit surprised that she's accessed from the desert. Kinda expted them to dump her somewhere super obnoxious like right on top of varrock. This is nice, but still kinda poo poo that theres literally no damage done by tuska lol. To get to tuska, teleport to the bandit lodestone and go west until you see tuskas poo poo, and jump in to the water here

It's pretty boring though unless you really feel like doing the lovely island hopping again. Her corpse is covered in birds though, and you can rewatch the cutscene there.

EDIT: Just checked Falador, wizzy tower and Lumbridge. Despite the cutscene showing debris landing there, nothing. While the Lumby crater was lovely, Tuska, the WORLD EATER, has had less impact on the gameworld that hornyface and a smuth fighting. :jagex:

EDIT2: Closer look around tuska there seems to be a new peninsula (supposedly kicked up sand from the water?) with a load of space junk and Tuska pieces on it. Stuff like this.

So now there's more real estate on the map.

And the desert and Karamja are like a stones throw away now.

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jul 6, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

I told him lots of puns IRL and it resulted in him spilling his drink cause his sides were hurting from laughter and enjoyment.

I don't think brain aneurysms work that way? :confused:

SleepingPizza posted:

Tuska has landed! Not gonna lie, bit surprised that she's accessed from the desert. Kinda expted them to dump her somewhere super obnoxious like right on top of varrock. This is nice, but still kinda poo poo that theres literally no damage done by tuska lol. To get to tuska, teleport to the bandit lodestone and go west until you see tuskas poo poo, and jump in to the water here

It's pretty boring though unless you really feel like doing the lovely island hopping again. Her corpse is covered in birds though, and you can rewatch the cutscene there.

EDIT: Just checked Falador, wizzy tower and Lumbridge. Despite the cutscene showing debris landing there, nothing. While the Lumby crater was lovely, Tuska, the WORLD EATER, has had less impact on the gameworld that hornyface and a smuth fighting. :jagex:

Who was considered the winner of the event? If it was Tuska, I'm sure plenty of people were complaining about the difficulty of winning when the incentive for the majority is 'not have bad thing happen'. Only time I saw a side win was when devs were on to play for an hour.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I don't think brain aneurysms work that way? :confused:

Who was considered the winner of the event? If it was Tuska, I'm sure plenty of people were complaining about the difficulty of winning when the incentive for the majority is 'not have bad thing happen'. Only time I saw a side win was when devs were on to play for an hour.

Godless. And Jagex immediately decided that they need to be a poo poo faction too, Kara-Meir is lusting for the Stone of Jas and no better than the gods she's fighting.

Jagex is hellbent on making every single faction awful, by making to bad guys misunderstood jocks and the good guys into genociderzzzzzzzz.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Spergminer posted:

Godless. And Jagex immediately decided that they need to be a poo poo faction too, Kara-Meir is lusting for the Stone of Jas and no better than the gods she's fighting.

Jagex is hellbent on making every single faction awful, by making to bad guys misunderstood jocks and the good guys into genociderzzzzzzzz.

Why can't Jagex just loving not. Seriously? So now godless is just a bunch of powerless losers that somehow has Vorago on their side and also the head bitch wants to become a god. I can see the lore meeting right now... "Welp the Godless won by a landslide, that means we got to makes them assholes to balance them! But not Zaros yeah he was a rear end in a top hat but he's Mary Sue now still make him cool. Zamorak too."

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Kara-Meir was never a good character, but this is only making her worse off.

all of the book characters are bad. do not read the books.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Simsmagic posted:

all of the book characters are bad. do not read the books.

This really didn't need to be said. :chloe:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There are books? :chanpop:

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Voyaging posted:

Any other Goons on Old School atm? I've been switching between OSRS and RS3 (resulting in a loss of many mils by swapping repeatedly, lol), but I'm currently having more fun on OSRS. Clan Channel?

Add me as a friend my ign is Bored Games

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

There are books? :chanpop:

I remember some falador book being a big deal on the front page of the site at one point. Books as in plural is news to me... or my brain just denied their existence.

ninja e: betrayal at falador or something like that?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

It's a trilogy. I read the first book when I was in high school cause I had no taste (still don't) but after trying to reread them recently for research purposes I couldn't. They're really bad.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

I read the first book a long time ago, if I recall correctly it had north/south/east/west mixed up around Falador. Typical noob mistake.

Alienscorch
Jul 4, 2015
After reading a bit I decided to open up my RS account in 3 years, apparently I've lost 80% of my characters wealth since my last login.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

SleepingPizza posted:

Why can't Jagex just loving not. Seriously? So now godless is just a bunch of powerless losers that somehow has Vorago on their side and also the head bitch wants to become a god. I can see the lore meeting right now... "Welp the Godless won by a landslide, that means we got to makes them assholes to balance them! But not Zaros yeah he was a rear end in a top hat but he's Mary Sue now still make him cool. Zamorak too."

as someone that only logs in for a daily dg floor and vaguely follows storylines, i sure was confused at vorago being in that log-in cutscene. Is he like the god of the godless now or something?

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

kemikalkadet posted:

as someone that only logs in for a daily dg floor and vaguely follows storylines, i sure was confused at vorago being in that log-in cutscene. Is he like the god of the godless now or something?

No, if you go talk to Scopulus he says his only allegiance is to the earth, and he was only fighting with the Godless out of necessity.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Vorago is here because the Godless needed a giant hero character to smash the poo poo out of Tuska in the event that they won. It's supposed to be that whoever kills her absorbs her power and becomes stronger, though who knows what that means for rock dude. At some point we may see Vorago punch a god in the face mid-lecture and I wouldn't be too against that.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

Love2pulse

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Congrats. How did you do it, warbands? I've been trying to find a way to get to 94 herb without it costing half a billion gp.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Foreskin Problems posted:

Congrats. How did you do it, warbands? I've been trying to find a way to get to 94 herb without it costing half a billion gp.

First off i got it to 89 and then stood around Gilded Alters and the portables group on the beach waiting for pulse cores to go off so i would get a +7 bonus getting me 96 for overloads.

Getting to 89 i just did warbands when i was bothered every few days, but for the past 4-5 days i've been furiously farming kwuarms getting 2k to get me an extra 500k herblore xp, also dumping every dxp thing in.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Swicky posted:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

Love2pulse

First: goongrats.
Second: What gives a +7 :420: boost?

e: oh hey you just answered.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 8, 2015

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Are warbands worth doing at a lower level? I'm 92 combat and feel like I would just get poo poo on by everyone else attending

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You'd be out of pvp level restrictions for a lot of people at ELM (level 31 wilderness) and especially DWF (like level 10 wilderness). With so many 138s running around making GBS threads on anyone they can, a lot of the people who would bully you are going to get bullied by people at max combat.

Really though if you know how to use abilities and don't loot when there's a clan at dwf you'll be fine there, and probably at elm too

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
loving Araxxor Phase 3, the spiders just gently caress me up :(

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH