Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The X-man cometh posted:

Dr. America. Walker's got the cure for the national malaise.

Store brand knockoff Dr Pepper? I mean, it's okay and all but I don't think it's going to solve our nation's problems :confused:

It's totally a Scott Walker solution though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Gen. Ripper posted:

This has to be the most pointless publicity stunt I've ever seen.

Numerical Anxiety
Sep 2, 2011

Hello.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Koch Sucking For America?

Neither Canada Nor America?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

This actually started out funny, though.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

They're going to do this gradual logo reveal and it's just going to say WALKER FOR AMERICA in that font, isn't it? I think a little piece of my soul just died.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Poor America. :smith:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tristan no 20 minutes ago
MoM stop it this is awful and embarrassing you don't get the internet this is more awkward than my dad having to explain to me how anal sex works because I saw him deep dickin my mom's butthole. Walk away Martin at least disable comments dude.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
tristan no is the only commenter on that video, and hes right

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

They're going to do this gradual logo reveal and it's just going to say WALKER FOR AMERICA in that font, isn't it? I think a little piece of my soul just died.

WALKER OR AMERICA

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Oh man, this is some seriously cringeworthy stuff. Doesn't he have handlers?

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

mandatory lesbian posted:

Tristan no 20 minutes ago
MoM stop it this is awful and embarrassing you don't get the internet this is more awkward than my dad having to explain to me how anal sex works because I saw him deep dickin my mom's butthole. Walk away Martin at least disable comments dude.

I think Chafee has a shot at third.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
My American history is super weak: Has there ever been another candidate like Trump?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Solid Poopsnake posted:

My American history is super weak: Has there ever been another candidate like Trump?

Ross Perot?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

FAUXTON posted:

The best part about it was that Christie was just being thankful that the president got poo poo rolling quick when Sandy hit. You know, being a human being and thanking the guy who lends a helping hand. He said something to the effect of "I don't really care about that right now" when asked if he knew whether Romney would be making a campaign stop to scrub dishes nobody needs or fill sandbags for no reason, because his state just got hosed and what the hell would Romney do other than get in the way.

Also Trump sounds like Christopher Walken doing a Pacino impression and Santorum looks like the guy they'd pick to do a broadcast biopic on Nic Cage.

I know this post is a few pages back and therefore a bit stale by now but I loving love how much how much flack Christie got from the one time he legitimately acted human.

"Thank you, Mr. President, for bringing our relief money so fast so we can rebuild!"

I mean, seriously, didn't the "famous" Jersey Shore get flooded, washed away, and then finally burst into flame due to faulty wiring?"

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Trump can be our Berlusconi.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Miltank posted:

Trump can be our Berlusconi.

Not unless he somehow buys out Murdoch or something. If Murdoch backs him, he could be America's Netanyahu.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Plenty. Closest in recent Presidential campaign history would be Morry "The Grizz" Taylor, CEO of Titan Tires who ran in the Republican primary in 1996.

He liked to campaign in a windbreaker with this logo and had an ad where he transformed into a bear:

He had a 10 point plan for saving America with all the usual junk: term limits, cutting regulations, returning power to the states, no foreign aid, English as the official language.

Here's an excerpt from Michael Lewis' book Trail Fever about a Morry Taylor visit to a high school in Iowa.

quote:

"Your school is too big," booms Morry, and as the kids jolt and stir he enters his stream of consciousness. "This is what is wrong with America," he says, pointing at the kids. "Big, big, big. You don't see no little kids in here. No little kids with the big kids so that the little kids don't have anyone to look up to. When I was in school the third-graders looked up to the eighth-graders, and the eighth-grade boys were in love with the senior girls. The senior girls just thought they were cute little twerps, but it was good for them. Some kid comes to school with orange hair, you don't have to call the parents. Hell, we'll take care of the orange hair. A place like this breeds weirdos."

The students are now fully alert.

"I never could enjoy going to a school like this," concludes Morry. The kids seem to concur.

"How many of you ever take accounting?" he asks. The kids are now squirming and ducking: he's breaking down their resistance, making them nervous. Two hands go up. Morry shakes his head, a little sadly. His tone changes. "I know you got a lot of these teachers"—he waves nonchalantly at a couple of uneasy-looking older men in the rafters—"and they tell you a lot of ..." (he doesn't use the word "crap" but he might as well) "things ... but in your whole entire life you are only going to use one or maybe two of those things. Hell, I took 257 engineering courses, and I never used one of them."

He pauses and seems to reconsider. I wonder if he's about to make a little plea for the joy of learning for its own sake, the importance of a liberal education, that sort of thing. He isn't. "Now we all agree that the most important thing in your life is your family," he says. "Your momma and your daddy, your brothers and your sisters. But right after that there's something else. We all know what it is, and it's... GREEN."

With that he reaches into his pocket and produces a fat roll of $100 bills. He holds it high so that everyone can see. Five grand. Cash. The kids are now perched on the edge of their seats, giggling nervously, probably wondering what they feed presidential candidates.

"It all comes down to accounting," says Morry. "Accounting and money. You can't live without it. And the minute you make it someone is trying to take it away from you. So for god's sake, find out about money!"

"Can I have some?" asks a kid in the front row.

"It's mine!" shouts Morry, and puts the money back in his pocket, a nice illustration of some general business principle. The teachers are now frowning, but the kids are unable to preserve their original detachment.

He also liked to call Lewis, who shadowed his campaign "piss-boy".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ross Perot ran as an actual successful businessman with a shitload of money that really existed.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I get the parallels, but I guess I was thinking a similar scale, too.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Plenty. Closest in recent Presidential campaign history would be Morry "The Grizz" Taylor, CEO of Titan Tires who ran in the Republican primary in 1996.

He liked to campaign in a windbreaker with this logo and had an ad where he transformed into a bear:

He had a 10 point plan for saving America with all the usual junk: term limits, cutting regulations, returning power to the states, no foreign aid, English as the official language.

Here's an excerpt from Michael Lewis' book Trail Fever about a Morry Taylor visit to a high school in Iowa.

holy poo poo this is amazing, thank you

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I mean, this is basically indistinguishable from Trump's rhetoric. Here Morry outlines his plan to screw the Chinese by moving the port customs office to Sidney, Nebraska, which appears to be in Montana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy0eQyR85bE

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

That is awesome. How did you even learn about this

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

I mean, this is basically indistinguishable from Trump's rhetoric. Here Morry outlines his plan to screw the Chinese by moving the port customs office to Sidney, Nebraska, which appears to be in Montana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy0eQyR85bE

This is some cut footage from the original Robocop, right?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Solid Poopsnake posted:

This is some cut footage from the original Robocop, right?

This guy is an amazing youtube goldmine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMrQx4xkHI4

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGrizzzly

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 4, 2015

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

When Al Gore invented the internet, it was orginially designed to categorize and to optimize political decision making. It gained sentience in 2000 and started calling itself Joementum.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hey, anybody remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnyC9WQf-O8

Never change, Donald. :allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

By reading the book I mentioned in my post. :shrug:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

He could also be in his 30's.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That Trail Fever book is actually pretty good - the author focuses a lot on The Grizz, but he covers everything else too, and there are a quite a few parts about delusional Bob Dole fans that are hilarious.

Also, the version I have is called Losers and has a really funny cover.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol why is he doing this to himself. this is somehow more embarrassing than any of the republicans

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

I mean, seriously, didn't the "famous" Jersey Shore get flooded, washed away, and then finally burst into flame due to faulty wiring?"

It was the boardwalk. Shore's still there.

Joementum posted:

This was…amazing.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Clearly Muslims should vote for Mike Huckabee then. I mean, he does want to protect all people of faith, right?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol why is he doing this to himself. this is somehow more embarrassing than any of the republicans

To be fair, I'm guessing he imagined himself in something like Bernie's position as the serious challenger/alternative to Hillary, with someone as "out there" as Bernie being relegated to more of a Kucinich-style fringe. Sanders may not win the nomination but the numbers he's been putting up are honestly pretty impressive, I guess Hillary's absorbing all the establishment/moderate support and most of what's left are the more ardently progressive, liberal and leftist supporters who'd rather the strongest contrast.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I think Chafee has a shot at third.

Who?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

You know your campaign is in trouble when the only people watching your videos are people reading the D&D presidential megathreads. Not even Drudge's crush on MOM has resulted in views.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dolash posted:

To be fair, I'm guessing he imagined himself in something like Bernie's position as the serious challenger/alternative to Hillary, with someone as "out there" as Bernie being relegated to more of a Kucinich-style fringe. Sanders may not win the nomination but the numbers he's been putting up are honestly pretty impressive, I guess Hillary's absorbing all the establishment/moderate support and most of what's left are the more ardently progressive, liberal and leftist supporters who'd rather the strongest contrast.

At this point I'm actually hoping for Webb to pick up some of the moderate support - if he steals even just 5% of Hillary's support it'd put Bernie a lot closer, at least in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

At this point I'm actually hoping for Webb to pick up some of the moderate support - if he steals even just 5% of Hillary's support it'd put Bernie a lot closer, at least in Iowa and New Hampshire.

When did you get your av updated? Because I just noticed and my god, it's perfect.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

badatom posted:

I made a thing. Figured it was appropriate.

I'm seriously considering doing this. I have half the special moves and the balance issues figured out, and just need to find a simple way to create a 2D fighter easily in a year.

....what context is this?

FAUXTON posted:

The best part about it was that Christie was just being thankful that the president got poo poo rolling quick when Sandy hit. You know, being a human being and thanking the guy who lends a helping hand. He said something to the effect of "I don't really care about that right now" when asked if he knew whether Romney would be making a campaign stop to scrub dishes nobody needs or fill sandbags for no reason, because his state just got hosed and what the hell would Romney do other than get in the way.

Also Trump sounds like Christopher Walken doing a Pacino impression and Santorum looks like the guy they'd pick to do a broadcast biopic on Nic Cage.

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, they will toss their principles. Which would mean anything if their hatred of Obama was based on principles.

People who act like Romneycare meant anything are acting like the only problems that Republicans have with Obamacare si the suffix "-care". No, it was all about their hatred of the black man achieving something in his time, and how it must be destroyed. It was similar to something Romney did? Who the gently caress cares, Romney is white. But what Christie did was embracing the black guy, and acting like he's the president. And not just that, there's the "He helped Obama get elected by pretending that Sandy wasn't a fuckup". They will ignore their supposed principles, but they don't forget, and they don't forgive.

I loving called it.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 4, 2015

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Fulchrum posted:

I'm seriously considering doing this. I have half the special moves and the balance issues figured out, and just need to find a simple way to create a 2D fighter easily in a year.

....what context is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K0sRkvX4KE

Ted Cruz auditioning for the Simpsons.

What a time to be alive. Truly a golden age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beaten like a Ted Cruz presidency

• Locked thread