Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CJacobs posted:

Has anyone else experienced this annoying bug where textures are just... randomly low quality and other times not? Sometimes they pop into their normal quality, sometimes they don't. I've had entire rooms just be the ugly-as-gently caress super low quality color blobs and never go to normal quality despite me hanging out in them for quite some time. Like, the firefighter guys are literally always just wearing blue/yellow blobs and then halfway through the conversation boink here comes their outfit. I'm assuming that's the bug Rocksteady talked about in their future patch notes.

It seems to be a streaming issue, but making the recommended ini tweaks did not do anything to fix it.

Yeah. 90% of the textures look great, but sometimes I'll come across something that takes a full minute to pop in properly. I sometimes sit and wait patiently while it finishes making itself acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There's one firefighter in particular that's surrounded by like 10 sentry turrets, and the sentry turret disarm takes a while and puzzling it out would've been annoying, so i just did the one pointing at the guy and left the rest. Cue Batman saying to stay there and that some GCPD officers were on the way to rescue him. Yeah good luck with that guys :v:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Generally the tackle guys will always back off before coming at you. The game will home in with batarangs so if you see a guy backing off toss a batarang at 'em. Worst comes to worst it'll function like a regular punch instead.

I'm pretty sure the camera doesn't even move anymore so they just bust into me from behind. They're so annoying.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is something weirdly off about this game's combat that I can't quite put my finger on. It seems like Batman is slower, but snappier. It really threw me off that the camera doesn't automatically center on the action anymore either.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Oh my god that one militia guy holding a check point by himself. :allears:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress the tackle guys in new game plus...just gently caress them in the rear end.

New Game Plus is so unforgiving. I knew this would happen due to how diverse the enemies are. The ninjas and big armored sword guys can gently caress off too. Riddler killed me quite a few times before I made it out. So have some of these towers/checkpoints.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It's nice and all that they included some new enemy types, but I think they might have gone just a bit overboard with some of the fights where you have like two medics, a few brutes (at least one with a shield), a couple of shock stick dudes, three shield guys and three ninjas along with all the regular dudes (who are getting electrified by the medics). Those fights just become massive clusterfucks and I start having weird issues with the autotargeting. I go for a takedown on the brute next to me, and Batman pounces at some random mook or one of the shock stick guys instead.

Yes, yes, git gud and all that.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Steve2911 posted:

Also I feel like either me or the game is going insane at this point. I'm getting more and more physics and combat bugs and there were shockingly few before now.

Same as I'm clearing up the postgame. The Riddler trophy on the docks by the ferris wheel where there are two robots you can control, I could infinitely spawn the one with the gun. I controlled him, ordered him to walk to the button, and there would be another left behind that I could interact with. I was really confused how the puzzle was supposed to work.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Found this cute little guy wandering around on a random wall. Is it supposed to... do anything?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Found this cute little guy wandering around on a random wall. Is it supposed to... do anything?

Shoot it with the REC.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I got the game for free through NVidia, and it actually runs really smoothly for me. Is there no tutorial though? I got into the first fight, and no command prompts came up. Combat was basically just me figuring out how to punch and hitting one button over and over. I'll work everything out eventually, but it just seems weird that the game just assumes you've played the previous Batman games before.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It is kind of lovely because I was defientaly a bit rusty. All the things that Batman can do are listed on the levelup screen/Wayne Tech screen

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mr E posted:

Shoot it with the REC.

Little buddy, no! :gonk:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

It was evil, it's okay.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I love the Riddler's reaction when you get the voice clip of him and start using it to solve puzzles.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Doc Morbid posted:

Yes, yes, git gud and all that.

Don't feel bad, man, I definitely have my issues with the targeting. I'll go for a special combo takedown and Bats will leap past the brute/guy with a gun to hit a random mook. Or refuse to punch the blue Riddler bot to zoom across the map to punch a Catwoman one. It feels like poo poo, because it's only detrimental. There's never "Okay, I'll just go with it," it's always a shock stick or big guy so it kills your combo and/or damages you when it fucks up. Even when I was on regular and not on NG+, there were some fights where I just wanted to tell the game to gently caress off. A big guy who has armor (and thus takes two takedowns or a ridiculously long beatdown) AND a shield? Come on, game. Come ON!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I love the Riddler's reaction when you get the voice clip of him and start using it to solve puzzles.

"I am their creator and their God! I literally programmed a basic religion into those malfunctioning blasphemers!"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"I am their creator and their God! I literally programmed a basic religion into those malfunctioning blasphemers!"

"How would you like it if I gave orders to Robin?"

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I think I busted my save? I was doing a Riddler Challenge where you have to lower the Batmobile down into this giant pipe full of rotating sawblades and when I got down and hit the button, an upper layer had moved on its own, trapping my car in? I can edge the car up a bit to try and move the upper layer by spinning the wheels, but the batmobile inevitably gets stuck on a razorblade and explodes. If I try to restart my save, I get teleported back into the room where the Batmobile is stuck. If I try to leave, it says I need the Batmobile, which is stuck.

Jesus christ gently caress this game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I was playing that part with my 2 year old nephew and he was yelling "awww no!" Every time I zapped one.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

bunnyofdoom posted:

How does that work?

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need one more trophy for the platinum. The one where you use 15 different moves in one combat combo. I loving swear I've done it several times now but it's not popping. You can repeat moves as long as the combo counter doesn't reset right? Holy poo poo this annoying.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

plape tickler posted:

I need one more trophy for the platinum. The one where you use 15 different moves in one combat combo. I loving swear I've done it several times now but it's not popping. You can repeat moves as long as the combo counter doesn't reset right? Holy poo poo this annoying.

Are you actually doing different moves? I haven't done that this time but if it's anything like the previous games it doesn't count repeats. Like doing two instant takedowns only counts as one.

When you go into combat try to keep track of how many non-different moves you use (in one combo) and then compare that to the variation/gadget variation scores to see how you're doing.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 4, 2015

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bunnyofdoom posted:

Riddler is the real star of these games.

"Riddle me this: What's dead? YOU!"

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Funky Valentine posted:

Riddler is the real star of these games.

"Riddle me this: What's dead? YOU!"

He really is. I accidentally hit the water in the water treatment Riddler challenge and the death screen was "I did it? I DID IT?! Uh, I mean, of course I did it! There was never any doubt that I'd beat you :smug:"

Oh Eddie, you adorable dumb baby :3:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wow, looking it up, Troy Baker has voiced Batman, The Joker and all three 'main' Robins at one point or another. Jesus, Troy, are you going to be Oracle next?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

ImpAtom posted:

Wow, looking it up, Troy Baker has voiced Batman, The Joker and all three 'main' Robins at one point or another. Jesus, Troy, are you going to be Oracle next?

Nah, I thought it was Roger Craig Smith that did the Origins batman?

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Steve2911 posted:

I only just hit the 70% point, so maybe it's explained later, but how exactly does The Joker's blood turn people into aspects of The Joker? That's not how the human body works.

This is a game universe where a guy injects bat DNA into his own and turns into a half man, half bat, a supervillian uses a pit of green goo to come back to life, and the last game ended with you fighting a clay-man, and you think this is the unbelievable part?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

Twenty years from now, kids who grew up in the 2000s-2010s will have a Frank Welker moment with Baker upon realizing that yes he was that one guy who was in every video game ever made after 2006

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

You are right about that, but Troy Baker voiced lego batman.

This game is fun, the Batmobile is fun. The remote stuff feels like how I'd imagine a Kamen Rider drive game would play. So if they replaced mopey rear end batman with fun-haver kamen rider I might be in love. That said, I agree that there's waaay too much of it, and it's really annoying how I have to wait for challenge combat maps with that damned season pass. The fighting is what I enjoy the most out of this series and I feel like it's here at a bare minimum.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just got a blue screen while playing the game, think I'm done too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

Roger Craig Smith was Origins Batman but Baker voiced him in the Lego games. He also was Nightwing in Injustice, not Arkham.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

CJacobs posted:

There is something weirdly off about this game's combat that I can't quite put my finger on. It seems like Batman is slower, but snappier. It really threw me off that the camera doesn't automatically center on the action anymore either.

Why do people keep talking about camera problems? It controls exactly the same as it did in the last 3 games. Aim at the guy you want to punch. Forward + punch = Mook gets punched. The camera is centered on batman because he is the focal point of the game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fargin Icehole posted:

Troy Baker's the voice of Lego Batman.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

polish sausage posted:

You are right about that, but Troy Baker voiced lego batman.

This game is fun, the Batmobile is fun. The remote stuff feels like how I'd imagine a Kamen Rider drive game would play. So if they replaced mopey rear end batman with fun-haver kamen rider I might be in love. That said, I agree that there's waaay too much of it, and it's really annoying how I have to wait for challenge combat maps with that damned season pass. The fighting is what I enjoy the most out of this series and I feel like it's here at a bare minimum.

I'm quite angry at the fact that a Kamen Rider game of this tier will never happen in my lifetime. Thanks for that, I guess.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nevermind I finally got it.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 4, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Aquasnake posted:

Why do people keep talking about camera problems? It controls exactly the same as it did in the last 3 games. Aim at the guy you want to punch. Forward + punch = Mook gets punched. The camera is centered on batman because he is the focal point of the game.

In previous games the camera rotated to at least try to keep all the guys on the screen while you were flying around, so that you wouldn't have to take your thumbs off the buttons to rotate the camera. In this game it does not do that.

edit: Also lol at that logic. "Why have several people mentioned there are issues with the camera??? There's no issue with the camera!!"

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

It looks like I might have been one move short if the stuff on that list counts. Jesus fufasdkl

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
One of my favorite animations is when you have an enemy stunned on the ground and you do an aerial attack on a nearby enemy but then jump on the stunned one. It reminds me of the BTAS intro when Batman does something to that bank robber, but it all happens too fast to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha, this voice synthesizer gadget that lets you tune the pitch to sound like enemies so you can use their voices to bypass door locks is pretty rad :allears:

• Locked thread