Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

Geoj posted:

What is your intended use? If you just need A2DP (streaming audio) I've used these to connect smartphones to car stereos. Range probably depends more on the transmitting device than the receiver but on more than one occassion my wife would have something playing on her phone, get out of the car with the phone, walk into the house and it would continue to stream audio without any issues.

That's exactly what I need it for actually. For $7 with prime shipping, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

tribbledirigible posted:

Wired is fine. And it's a soft budget ceiling of $100 -$150.

Are all the consoles and PC in the same place? It's a bit dated these days but I used the turtle beach PX5s. I'm sure there's a lot of new versions

Anyways I just had a USB > optical audio adapter (computer at the time didn't have digital audio out) and digital/optical audio out switcher. Xbox 360 had a wireless bt adapter and my laptop used a BT mic. It does have a cable for plugging into the ps4 mic for chat. Or lots of cables you can get online

Also lots of rechargeable AAs

So pretty much anything with a digital audio out and plug in for mic. Or maybe there's something newer more universal

But the switcher is money

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Recommend me the best bed sheets.

Breathability/coolness is big, I sleep really hot (would like to feel cold when sleeping instead), and also if they are on Amazon that would be even better.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

Breathability/coolness is big, I sleep really hot (would like to feel cold when sleeping instead), and also if they are on Amazon that would be even better.

I'd like to know this too. Bedding is one of those weird Amazon reseller black holes where it is impossible to muddle through the trash no matter how you sort it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah, there are dozens of sets of bedsheets on Amazon that sell for like 20-30 bucks and have thousands of 4-5 star reviews, it seems like fake trash. I'll go to a Bed Bath and Beyond if I have to but Amazon is easier for me, and plus I didn't really like BBB's jersey sheets because of how badly they started pilling almost immediately.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah, there are dozens of sets of bedsheets on Amazon that sell for like 20-30 bucks and have thousands of 4-5 star reviews, it seems like fake trash. I'll go to a Bed Bath and Beyond if I have to but Amazon is easier for me, and plus I didn't really like BBB's jersey sheets because of how badly they started pilling almost immediately.

I bought the BBB sateen ones a few years ago and love them. Almost got the jersey, but for whatever reason didn't - maybe some reviews mentioned the pulling like you said and avoided them.

Sweet home reviewed sheets and says the LL Bean ones are top notch, maybe check those out.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I need a good suggestion for a day planner. I want one with a monthly pages and daily pages and maybe like some section for goals and poo poo.

I don't like the ones that separate the day into like, hours or morning/afternoon/evening or whatever. Honestly the Hobonichi Planner looks perfect but then if I buy one then of course I'm also buying a cute cover then the next thing I know I'm looking at 60 friggin bucks and that's a lot for a dang planner from Japan. :japan:

Old, but hobonichis are great and the covers reusable year to year. The paper, while recommended not to be used with fountain pens, can handle them better than any other yearly planner I've tried. It seems like a lot to spend, but the amount of use I get out of it I haven't even questioned the purchase last year or the upcoming year. It's money I've already spent, mentally.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Any recommendations for services for getting panoramic photos printed up nice a big (like, 4-6 feet wide)?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Pron on VHS posted:

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-sheets/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I got those because of him and this thread. Expensive but comfy

Joker
Aug 6, 2001

Van Dis posted:

Any recommendations for services for getting panoramic photos printed up nice a big (like, 4-6 feet wide)?

http://www.posterbrain.com These guys are awesome and do custom size printing. Not 100% sure they go that big, but I highly recommends them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Pron on VHS posted:

I've been buying Modal jersey finish sheets for years now. Although they wear out fairly quickly they're soft and feel cool in the summer. They're absorbent and dry quickly so if you have sleep apnea sweats that comes in handy.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I just bought some tencel sheets based off a recommendation from a friend. They come in today so I'll let you know. I'm a hot sleeper on a latex foam mattress so hopefully it helps

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R2FCSSS/ref=sr_ph_1?m=AOFIBMXVIVCJ6&ie=UTF8&qid=1436298424&sr=1&keywords=tencel

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I ended up buying the L.L Bean sunwashed Pima Percale sheets. Went to the L.L. Bean to get their regular Pima Percale sheets, the employee at the register was a die-hard LL Bean fanatic and sold me on their sunwashed version of those sheets (says they are lighter and more breathable) and he was so excited about them I pulled the trigger. Ended up being $115.00 for a queen set vs. $175 for the regular Pima Percale set.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hiking socks!

Amazon Prime if available. Going on a long hike in a week and my feet are delicate little babies so I need breathable and sturdy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Smart wool smart wool smart wool

I use these

Smartwool PhD Outdoor Medium, Crew grey/black (Size: L) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P214YW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_GqBNvbK8J2XJ8

I prefer them over the smart wool official hiking socks because they aren't so bulky. I used the same pair for at least 100 miles of heavy hiking and it barely just started to wear through.

Fox river are also universally love. Especially if you want to play military special forces whatever. I own one pair (not sure how many types they have) but too bulky for me. But that's just what I prefer. Great for cold though

Fox River Military Wick Dry Maximum Mid Calf Boot Sock (Large/Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V5F25W/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_6rBNvbHDHGE03

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You are perfect and I love you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:hfive:

If you're gonna buy a handful of pairs(and you should) check out sock addicts.com I think it is

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Sheets update: Tencel owns. It's cool, soft, and feels like a mix of silk and cotton fibers.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am looking for a site to buy prescription glasses from. I am looking for a few pairs of cheap sunglasses and a good pair of safety glasses. Can anyone suggest a place for either?

KoB
May 1, 2009
http://www.zennioptical.com/

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
or optical4less.com

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

or 39dollarglasses.com

I have bought from all 3 sites and they're all pretty much the same. I bought $50 tinted prescription aviators from them and I still use them all the time.

I also have some sport goggles that have been good but I don't remember from which site I got them.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I'm looking for a wired headset for a cell phone with great microphone quality. Ideally also has a volume slider (aka Android compatible) and a mute button. Does such a thing exist? The microphone quality has been pure poo poo in all of the ones I've tried, even if the driver quality is great.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

bunnielab posted:

I am looking for a site to buy prescription glasses from. I am looking for a few pairs of cheap sunglasses and a good pair of safety glasses. Can anyone suggest a place for either?

How are you ok w/ buying glasses w/o trying the frames on? I've got a big noggin so I have a hard time buying frames, couldn't imagine buying without being able to try them on. :/

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

JPrime posted:

How are you ok w/ buying glasses w/o trying the frames on? I've got a big noggin so I have a hard time buying frames, couldn't imagine buying without being able to try them on. :/

Well all those sites have measurements on all their frames. And it isn't exactly hard to measure your head.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

JPrime posted:

I have a big noggin and measured it, then checked those measurements against the frame measurements on the site. It worked for both goggles4u and zenni. Considering the frame styles available for a large, round head in most B&Ms, it worked swimmingly.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Fair point, I didn't think of the fit issue. I was asking for my GF, I haven't gotten new glasses in so long that I don't really think about the process.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My GF and I are in need of a good bike rack for her car.

Needs to hold 2 bikes, be a trunk-style, and fit a 2014 Yaris 5-door (no spoiler.)

It's so hard to judge them online, because the reviews are all over the map, and for all I know, the guy saying it fell off after 1 mile is an idiot who didn't attach it properly.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 15:11 on Jul 13, 2015

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My Saris Bones is holding up well. Thules I've heard is good as well

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Another recommendation for a Saris Bones. Look on craigslist for something used.

dead lettuce
Sep 12, 2014

Yeah Saris Bones for sure. I researched this pretty extensively about a year ago and there are some other options but they are either a lot more expensive, or cheaper but poor quality.

The Saris Bones 2 fits my Prius C (which is basically the same body as the Yaris) even though technically the Saris website said the Prius C wasn't supported. After practicing a few times, I can set the whole thing up in about 2 minutes.

You might be able to find one used on CL, or at your local bike shop. I got mine at Performance Bicycle on a Tuesday sale day for ~$120.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I am looking for a set of wireless speakers that can connect to my laptop and TV via a jack, and also have Bluetooth connectivity for my phone.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Pron on VHS posted:

I am looking for a set of wireless speakers that can connect to my laptop and TV via a jack, and also have Bluetooth connectivity for my phone.

What kind of size are you looking for and do you need a stereo set specifically? I use the Amazon Basics Wireless speaker for the exact same reasons and theyre pretty loving loud for their size, even has a Mic for taking calls via speakerphone and a subwoofer on the back -

http://chainsawmama.tumblr.com/post/84646076473/amazonbasics-portable-bluetooth-speaker-best

Sounds like you may be looking for something a bit beefier though, so to expand on options, Im pretty sure you can just get Bluetooth dongles for any speakers/headphones now so that may broaden your choices

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I need a way to play music at the gym that doesn't involve a lot of wires or a smartphone.

I'm using a sansa clip now with some decent earbuds, but the wires get tangled and the clip broke years ago.

I only take keys and my mp3 player to the gym, smartphone is too bulky.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Whatever happened to the sansa clip? They used to run 20-25 bucks but now the cheapest MP3 player of a similar size is about 40.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

madpanda posted:

I need a way to play music at the gym that doesn't involve a lot of wires or a smartphone.

I'm using a sansa clip now with some decent earbuds, but the wires get tangled and the clip broke years ago.

Try to find one of these used.

Apple iPod nano 16 GB Pink (6th Generation) OLD MODEL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M3SO0Q/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_arPPvbPH1GDWK

I loving love mine. It has a built in clip so you can easily put it on your waistband or whatever and you won't notice it

Caveat is it doesn't have Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the newer ones do. Shuffle or nano etc. that would be ideal for Bluetooth headphones.

That being said I just use my bluetooth JF3 jay birds and stream spotify or whatever and just set my phone off to the side of whatever area or machine I'm at

Nostalgia4Dogges has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Jul 15, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

madpanda posted:

Bluetooth headphones while leaving your smartphone in your bag?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

There are headphones that have built in MP3 players.

These are only 8.99 and have 4gb of space -

http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Player-...ayer+headphones

Sony version -

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Walkman-...ayer+headphones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Anyone have any recommendations for Tshirts that are kind of nerdy but aren't too nerdy? Stuff like Last Exit to Nowhere has but that doesn't cost me like $40 in shipping. I'm in the US.