Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
@Riley_Blevins: BREAKING: NCAA officials in town today to question Laremy Tunsil's stepfather as part of an Ole Miss investigation http://t.co/d5EC9lRe8P

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

@Riley_Blevins: BREAKING: NCAA officials in town today to question Laremy Tunsil's stepfather as part of an Ole Miss investigation http://t.co/d5EC9lRe8P

So death penalty for Ole Miss?

Also UGA's Justin Scott-Wesley getting knee operation of some kind, set to make a full recovery. Not like we have like 1.5 WRs on campus or anything.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

You can't get into the car of an agent? And your friends and family are also prohibited from doing so, as well? How is that even enforceable?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Morby posted:

You can't get into the car of an agent? And your friends and family are also prohibited from doing so, as well? How is that even enforceable?

"How is that even enforceable" is the NCAA in a nutshell

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
"But on Thursday, Miller alleged to The Clarion-Ledger that in addition to the contact made by agents he is aware of violations that occurred during Tunsil's recruitment as well, including claims of falsified academic records and gifts made by the university. Miller also alleges that the agents have provided Tunsil with other benefits outside of transportation, including gifts of cash, clothes, help with car insurance payments and more."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2015/07/03/ncaa-investigating-ole-miss-questions-tunsils-stepfather/29676631/

welp, here come those sanctions we've all been waiting for

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

6 game suspension. 1 game suspension if he also probably raped a girl.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Ole Miss landed like three 5* recruits in one class of course they cheated to do so.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Can someone explain to me why an entire part of a Universities Athletic Department gets in trouble because some agent tracks down a player and gives gifts or whatever?

Yeah I get it's wrong in the NCAA eyes.

But like what is a program suppose to do? Have someone with every athlete 24/7?

Maybe their more easy on the University now and just punish the player?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

Can someone explain to me why an entire part of a Universities Athletic Department gets in trouble because some agent tracks down a player and gives gifts or whatever?

I'm almost positive all major D1 programs have loads of compliance officers and people who are supposed to look out for the athletes, especially the football players.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Yeah universities literally have small law firms specifically to keep out of NCAA trouble, it's not like ignorance/inability to follow the law is an excuse

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

A Man and his dog posted:

USC says hi and gently caress the NCAA

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raku posted:

Yeah universities literally have small law firms specifically to keep out of NCAA trouble, it's not like ignorance/inability to follow the law is an excuse

And most stupid NCAA rules exist because sometime, somewhere, somebody found a loophole and exploited the poo poo out of it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Like harboring a child rapist for years

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

someone photoshop muschamp watching over the stadium from the heavens please

or just staring directly into the camera again

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 4, 2015

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

have both

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Now do FSU and do land of the free shoes with spurrier laughing

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Jeremor posted:

have both

:vince:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

He looks like a larger than life anime villain :allears:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Jeremor posted:

have both

A true thing of beauty. Grilling plans for today put on pause because of a gat dang tsunami over my house. Drinking plans unchanged.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Now do FSU and do land of the free shoes with spurrier laughing

yeah alright sure

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
May we all remember on this day the biggest upset in American history, unranked Thirteen Colonies over AP #1 Great Britain. With a few key transfers from France, of course.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
I'm so sick of homers insisting England only lost because of higher academic standards

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The original triumph of Conference USA

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Raku posted:

I'm so sick of homers insisting England only lost because of higher academic standards

The saddest was when I was little and asked my dad if my family was Tories or revolutionaries during the war since his family has been here since then and he told me they were farmers. It's like they were the people who live in a great football town and don't care about sports. Six year old me did not understand this.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

siriuslysomething posted:

The saddest was when I was little and asked my dad if my family was Tories or revolutionaries during the war since his family has been here since then and he told me they were farmers. It's like they were the people who live in a great football town and don't care about sports. Six year old me did not understand this.

About a third didn't care either way.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

Which is bullshit because I know some of their best players only got in because of their parents

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Besides, England was using ineligible ringers from Germany but did the NCAA bust them?

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

computer parts posted:

Yep something I understand now, but as a little kid just blew my mind.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Jeremor posted:

yeah alright sure

Thank you, friend.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Korranus posted:

Besides, England was using ineligible ringers from Germany but did the NCAA bust them?

gently caress George III and his "taxes will be taxes" attitude

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Are we sure that getting a little side action from France wasn't an impermissible benefit and we have to give back all of our flags and go back under English rule?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

Are we sure that getting a little side action from France wasn't an impermissible benefit and we have to give back all of our flags and go back under English rule?

Nah, they had to sit out a season first, remember?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

computer parts posted:

Cowards.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Jeremor posted:

have both

saving this for the season thanks

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

So I get a lot of random emails and press releases because I used to write for a news blog in Detroit, even though I haven't lived in Michigan since October. Just got this one from PETA. I know the Fulmer Cup is dead but illegal wallaby possession and sale has to be worth something. Emphasis theirs.

I got that email too, and responded accordingly. Cutler and the guys' biggest problem was putting their wallaby online, instead of taking the effort to directly contact the girls that they want to impress with the adorable animal. Classic rookie mistake, but these are the lessons you learn in college.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I'm old school and think we should only have Rutgers, Williams & Mary, and the Ivy League. Good enough for the Framers, good enough for me.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Alouicious posted:

wheez legit loving died yo

Very late as I'm just going through the NFL and NCAA thread after being away for a bit but gently caress. Very sad. gently caress real life getting in the way of this stupid game and forum!!!

E: All caught up.

1. That photoshop owns
2. Good to see Kim Jong still repping Rutgers hard. They suck.
3. Good to see all the Michigan guys drinking the Harbaugh kool-aid. However, that Cowherd interview was funny because Harbaugh wasn't giving him anything.
4. Footbaw!!!!!

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 5, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kim Jong Il posted:

I'm old school and think we should only have Rutgers, Williams & Mary, and the Ivy League. Good enough for the Framers, good enough for me.

Rutgers would still finish last

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
At least we'll get an invite into whatever poaches from the Big Ten in a decade, y'all are pretty much hosed though. MARKETS :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
For real they should literally cancel the Big Ten and just replace it with an Arbitron spreadsheet, that would be loving awesome.

• Locked thread