Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, Doctor Peter Weller has a mind he likes to stretch on occasion, and Italian Renaissance art history isn't exactly one of those PhDs someone casually picks up for the many and numerous job possibilities it offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Boogaleeboo posted:

Yeah, Doctor Peter Weller has a mind he likes to stretch on occasion, and Italian Renaissance art history isn't exactly one of those PhDs someone casually picks up for the many and numerous job possibilities it offers.

He just wanted to look at titties all day. Paint titties.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Drifter posted:

He just wanted to look at titties all day. Paint titties.

gently caress, I'd flash Dr. Weller my flabby guy tits just for RoboCop.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Four Score posted:

gently caress, I'd flash Dr. Weller my flabby guy tits just for RoboCop.

Not a lot of flabby guys in Italian Renaissance art. The women tend to be badonkadonk, but not the men.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Not a lot of flabby guys in Italian Renaissance art. The women tend to be badonkadonk, but not the men.

I dunno, Michelangelo's dudes are a bit melty.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Quite a versatile man. Reminds me of someone from many years back:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

That bow tie position is really messing with me.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dick Trauma posted:

It's the 11th Doctor! :downs:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's the 11th Doctor! :downs:

Peter Weller may be the only other correct answer to 'Could an American play the Doctor?'

(The other being Gene Wilder, obviously)

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
Not sure if this needs context, but Thor is an old man and basically the only person left alive on the world, next to his granddaughters.
They're rebuilding the earth, starting from scratch. Roz is the name of his new present-time girlfriend the earlier pages of the book focused on.

Thor - God of Thunder 024

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
While I like the sentiment and it makes sense because we know those characters in the story, I keep coming back to the fact that the three best people Thor has ever known in his thousands of years of life just happened to all live in the same 50 years or so. That's so improbable!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's a valid point. One of my favorite parts of Alan Moore's Majestic story "The Big Chill" involves the fact that Manny Weiss--the Wandering Jew--and Majestic a.k.a "totally not Superman" both came from Earth despite being one of the last seven living things in the entire universe:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Uthor posted:

While I like the sentiment and it makes sense because we know those characters in the story, I keep coming back to the fact that the three best people Thor has ever known in his thousands of years of life just happened to all live in the same 50 years or so. That's so improbable!

It's a Golden Age. Thor is remembering and honouring the best people from the best time of his life.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
He couldn't forget the taste of the lattes most vanilla

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sensation Comics #81, 1948.

This loving rules.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

It's a valid point. One of my favorite parts of Alan Moore's Majestic story "The Big Chill" involves the fact that Manny Weiss--the Wandering Jew--and Majestic a.k.a "totally not Superman" both came from Earth despite being one of the last seven living things in the entire universe:

Super agreed. Comics that take place in the distant future and account for the ridiculous scope of stories and fleeting nature of what's going on right now are much more interesting than "hey this character I made and added to the avengers is totally still there in the future". Let me fill in the blanks by myself, it's so much more interesting.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Uthor posted:

I just assumed he'd named dozens or hundreds of rivers so far and his daughter was just listing three of them.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
True. I first thought that thought when he named the first people Jane and Steve. At the point where he's naming rivers, I figure he's just a bit senile and his granddaughters are sick of his poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Uthor posted:

True. I first thought that thought when he named the first people Jane and Steve. At the point where he's naming rivers, I figure he's just a bit senile and his granddaughters are sick of his poo poo.
"No, grandpa, you can't name a river Doctor Doom".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Poison Mushroom posted:

"No, grandpa, you can't name a river Doctor Doom".

You know how Coors brags about the water they use for their beer? I would totally drink a beer brewed exclusively from the waters of the river Doctor Strange.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
"And these new animals we created, that live three days before they die and eat their own poop, we shall call Tonys."

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
"Watch out for the flying sharks."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I am 10000% sure that if I was offered a choice in weapons, one being made in Stevelandia, and one being QUENCHED IN THE FORGE USING WATER FROM THE RIVER DOOM, which one I would go with.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I am 10000% sure that if I was offered a choice in weapons, one being made in Stevelandia, and one being QUENCHED IN THE FORGE USING WATER FROM THE RIVER DOOM, which one I would go with.

Well, clearly. Stevelandia is for shields.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

You'd best go with the former, because if Thor named something on his new Earth after Doom, it'd probably be real lovely.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Uthor posted:

When you consider that mot of those thousands of years were most likely spent in Asgard it stops being so improbable.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

TwoPair posted:

You'd best go with the former, because if Thor named something on his new Earth after Doom, it'd probably be real lovely.

Plus there's so many of them that are just copies, it's hard to tell which one is real.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

tribbledirigible posted:

Plus there's so many of them that are just copies, it's hard to tell which one is real.

Turns out the River Doom was actually just a Doombot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

When you consider that mot of those thousands of years were most likely spent in Asgard it stops being so improbable.

One of the best things about Aaron's run on Thor is showing how "young" Thor spent so much of his time dicking around outside of Asgard, mostly looking for a drink or a good time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Young Thor was a real shitheel and the comic really makes a point of how Thor looks at his days on Earth when he was Avenging poo poo as the best of his life. So it makes sense that he'd name poo poo after the mortals he hung with then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, Young Thor was a real shitheel and the comic really makes a point of how Thor looks at his days on Earth when he was Avenging poo poo as the best of his life. So it makes sense that he'd name poo poo after the mortals he hung with then.

I fully expect him to name a crappy place after Tony. Like, he remembers him and respects him but still can't forget all the poo poo he did so he gets a crappy place named after him. Like whatever used to be New Jersey is now Tony Starksey.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

I fully expect him to name a crappy place after Tony. Like, he remembers him and respects him but still can't forget all the poo poo he did so he gets a crappy place named after him. Like whatever used to be New Jersey is now Tony Starksey.

Otisburg?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Ft. Stark, Tonyana.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Ft. Stark, Tonyana.

Gary is far, far worse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Gary is far, far worse.

I think you mean Tony, Starkiana

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Starkansas.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Phylodox posted:

Starkansas.

That's a really good band though.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Phylodox posted:

Starkansas.

is this a Stark portmanteau with Arkansas or Kansas or both

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That's a really good band though.

All early metal covers of Carry On My Wayward Son and Dust In The Wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Acne Rain posted:

is this a Stark portmanteau with Arkansas or Kansas or both

The former.