Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
imgur/reddit is loving garbage

quote:

This is reddit's new/old CEO Ellen Pao. She's the person responsible for Victoria Taylor's termination. The trigger for this action was an AMA with Rev. Jesse Jackson. Reddit users are typically much better informed than the anchors of MSM networks so the questions were pretty tough. Jackson got called out for what he really is. The top question stated Jackson is “an immoral, hate-filled race baiter that has figured out how to manipulate the political system for your own gain.” Jackson was not prepared for hard questions and the AMA went badly, according to Pao. So Ms. Taylor was the scapegoat. You decide for yourself if her firing was justified. This may be the end of Chairman Pao's (what reddit calls her now) tenure as CEO. She recently raised controversy by shutting down some of the less politically correct subreddits.
bolded for loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

quote:

She recently raised controversy by shutting down some of the less politically correct subreddits.

Hmm, less politically correct subreddits? Well poo poo, if one of the largest websites on the internet, which acts as a major social media and news hub, is banning political forums that might be a prob-

oh

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Wheeee posted:

Hmm, less politically correct subreddits? Well poo poo, if one of the largest websites on the internet, which acts as a major social media and news hub, is banning political forums that might be a prob-

oh

:rolleyes:

Never before have movies or video games portrayed an unrealistic standard of beauty for women, ever, ever, ever.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
iPhone-havers, have you tried out Apple Music yet?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Dr. Killjoy posted:

imgur/reddit is loving garbage

bolded for loving lol

Competing explanation:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Klaus88 posted:

:rolleyes:

Never before have movies or video games portrayed an unrealistic standard of beauty for women, ever, ever, ever.

That's not what he's saying. What he's saying is that there aren't enough men with absolutely ludicrous goatees in Magic Mike.

You have to admit, he has a point.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-wMecABC84

interesting movie in that for the most part you can despise everyone involved on all sides.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

:toot: :911: :toot:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The forgotten hero of Yorktown, Lieutenant Général des Armées Navales François-Joseph Paul, marquis de Grasse Tilly, comte de Grasse. His fleet turned back a British relief expedition outside Chesapeake Bay.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Burma and Liberia have been getting up to a lot of stuff I haven't heard about, I guess.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

edit to not be an rear end in a top hat: "We can (do) everything. Except (speak) High German."

Also,

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Brandenburg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKP6GLlOwCA

And yes, those are all government videos.

lmao

rope kid fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 4, 2015

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

deray mckesson @deray
Today's @ClarionLedger cover w/ all of the Mississippi legislators silent on removing the confederate flag. 7/4.

az
Dec 2, 2005

That's a complete lie! They can't do anything and their accent makes you want to smother them.

North Germany > rest

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
gba

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

The press stay in a lassoed pen to follow Hillary's campaign

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The forgotten hero of Yorktown, Lieutenant Général des Armées Navales François-Joseph Paul, marquis de Grasse Tilly, comte de Grasse. His fleet turned back a British relief expedition outside Chesapeake Bay.

Still couldn't beat Rodney.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0S77m32N4

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crowsbeak posted:

Still couldn't beat Rodney.

And yet, Rodney's victory was waaaay too late.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Bold Patriot Trolls Christie In Person:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Guess who's getting a sequel

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj16vfbsM9A

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

1953: Greek Finance Minister helps cancels 50% of Germany's debt

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I demand that this racist flag is torn down right now!
I'm willing to help

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Exclamation Marx posted:

1953: Greek Finance Minister helps cancels 50% of Germany's debt

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

We were just being colonial, tending our hearths and working the field (then again maybe not), but then the parliament at westminster came in, they were calling to us and we didn't even hear them and they were like "COLONISTS! COLONISTS!" and we go "what? what's the matter?" and they go "what's the matter with YOU!?" and we said "there's nothing wrong" and they go "don't give me that! You have virtual representation!" and we go "we don't have virtual representation, we were just thinking, you know, why don't you give us representation?" they go "No! You have virtual representation!" and we go "No, we were just thinking-" and they go "No you have virtual representation! Proper britons don't act this way!" we go "Parliament, just give us representation please!"

All we wanted was representation, and you wouldn't give it to us. All we wanted was representation, just one representative, and you wouldn't give it to us. Just a representative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread