Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i h8 the pthumerian descendant. nothing else in the game is anywhere near as difficult as that dude is for me. ive fought every boss in depth 5 dungeons with half hp etc and i can murk them all but i always get stuck on that guy for like 30+ minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
sometimes hes called the pthumerian elder too for some reason. the shotel dude i mean.. not the fire magic guy. hes not difficult

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother's ps4 broke and he didnt wanna pay for the repair cost ($150), so p much i got a ps4 with bloodborne and a few months of ps plus for 150. ill be playing this in a week or two

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

my brother's ps4 broke and he didnt wanna pay for the repair cost ($150), so p much i got a ps4 with bloodborne and a few months of ps plus for 150. ill be playing this in a week or two

thats a seriously sick deal, enjoy

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah pthumerian descendant can be tricky. I feel like his parry timings are very deceptive.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i guess that gehrman and undead giant v.2 have been my hardest fights, although i haven't done all of the story chalices yet

U giant with all the ball&chains attached to him is sick. Cannon giant is a pushover tho

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

apropos to nothing posted:

yeah pthumerian descendant can be tricky. I feel like his parry timings are very deceptive.

i've always fought him like artorias, which is a lot of fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i've always fought him like artorias, which is a lot of fun

me2 til he pulls his weapon apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRL0aaiBMvY

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

i h8 the pthumerian descendant. nothing else in the game is anywhere near as difficult as that dude is for me. ive fought every boss in depth 5 dungeons with half hp etc and i can murk them all but i always get stuck on that guy for like 30+ minutes.

+1. i beat the chikage hunter my second try using only like 2 vials but this dude hosed me up for a whole hour

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

Ts annoying but ive never done it with lower insight so I have nothing to compare it to

True, I never spent any insight on anything in the game, I had 99 through most of it and came out on top.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i bought all the armour sets with insight and fire and bolt paper all the time, as i am a powergamer.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
If you aren't buying fire paper bolt paper beast pellets etc with insight then just lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont bother using fire or bolt paper or anything like that except on my sl 10 character. i use blue elixirs though.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't needed any more papers than I've found in game. If I need elemental damage I just whip out my tonitrus :getin:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I dont buff weapons cause I dont wanna kill bosses fast, I like to savor every fight as I methodically and meticulously pick apart the monsters laughable fighting technique and all too predictable patterns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't use buff papers because I usually use weapons that can't be buffed. Beast pellets are ftw though

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I dont buff weapons cause I dont wanna kill bosses fast, I like to savor every fight as I methodically and meticulously pick apart the monsters laughable fighting technique and all too predictable patterns

I wish you could make the beasts enrage by taunting them with gestures. Also I hope the DLC has one of those matador flags for the offhand to tease them with

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Trick weapon matador flag + dagger, instead of a party if sweeps the flag over them and then you time your r1 for a sweet backstab

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i like to put the fire paper on my whip, just for fun, because it looks cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump. Patch 1.05 is coming 7/13 with minor bugfixes and tweaks to the password system, now it will have an additional mark on your screen if passwords are in use and if you use password system to summon in a friend who is a much higher level than you, their stats will be scaled down to your level

Dec 26, 2012

scaled in what way?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really see any reason to coop in this game unless your stuck and are ok with getting help.

Even small bell ringing is tough with all the area and level restrictions.

I'm hoping dlc covenants are added and sweet.

Unrelated I toasted darkbeast paarl with a flamesprayer in my sl4 run and now I'm stuck on shadows of yharnam

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its kind of fun to co-op in random chalice dungeons. no one knows...what could happen...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

scaled in what way?

I have no idea

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I want to do a skill/bloodtinge build. What are the imp approved weapons? Starting with the cane and going for Ludwig's rifle first.

Dec 26, 2012

ive been doing skill/bloodtinge on my second runthrough that i should pick up again. cane is good of course. id been leaning on rifle spear for a lot of the game too, the gun part of it is fairly useless but it has fantastic reach on r2's. chikage when you get it is probably going to be your best weapon, that thing is ridiculous

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Chikage/Evelyn does silly amounts of damage

I guess they patched out the Rifle Spear gem glitch damage

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I am now a Chikage-seeking missile.

Looking at FAQs, seems like the hunter pistol scales up better than pretty much everything else until you get Evelyn.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I took a chikage/evelyn build all the way through the chalice dungeons and it owns

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I took a chikage/evelyn build all the way through the chalice dungeons and it owns

Same

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
just gotta beat the game one more time and let gehrmann kill me to get the last achievement in this game which will let everyone know what a good little gamer I am

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just gotta beat the game one more time and let gehrmann kill me to get the last achievement in this game which will let everyone know what a good little gamer I am

Congrats.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you only get one shot at the last boss to determine the ending?

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Nice. I'm in the defiled chalice, just gotta finish it and the next one, then I'm there with you. Then once we have that platinum trophy we can just sit back and let the babes roll in.

Dec 26, 2012

frank.club posted:

no

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Flying Squirrel posted:

Nice. I'm in the defiled chalice, just gotta finish it and the next one, then I'm there with you. Then once we have that platinum trophy we can just sit back and let the babes roll in.

:shibe::respek::shibe:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

frank.club posted:

Nah your gonna die to old gherman regardless if you fight or no

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

You can mess around with the cloud save to get them all with one character.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

sector_corrector posted:

You can mess around with the cloud save to get them all with one character.

That's lame to do, imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm getting all the endings on one character...by beating the game 3 times on ng+ cycles like a real gamer