Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Little_wh0re posted:

And europe is a go. Lets pop!

I think there's more Team Rock than Pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I either get dog v dog or like 3 v 4 against cats what the hell

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I see more cat champions and kings/queens but I'm still sure dogs have this due to way more of them. I've had 6 games with me as the only cat against 4 dogs. Has anyone even seen that happen on the dog side?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ugh, I'm missing the start of EU splatfest because I'm at work. I told my boss that out in the fields the fighting has begun, and that I don't want to miss a thing, but he just gave me a roundabout response and said he wasn't giving me money for nothing. I guess I'm just another brick in the wall to him. He's a devil, and I have no sympathy for him.

Oh well, in a couple of hours I'll have a ticket to ride, and after I bring it home I'll be sending all those pop fools to the stairway to heaven and showing them that we are the champions.

At least my choice of weapon is easy, because I'm a rocker, and I'm a roller too, honey

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

According to Judd this was only 85%. I find his math skills questionable.

You missed a lot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dog King has been achieved, I'll be back to support my fellow canines tonight.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I think Pop might be massively outnumbered. Have only fought other Rock teams so far :laugh:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Splatfest is such a fun idea, it's going to be sad if it gets ruined by teams always being dramatically lopsided :(

Maybe they should auto-assign teams or something.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I reached Dog champion today and im taking a break since I work in a couple of hours and aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhh

SLOOBBER FOR THE DOG GOD

BONES FOR THE DOG GOD

Current song (plz substitute lyrics as appropriate)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE

And remember
PETTES! BELLY RUBS! TREATS! PETTES! BELLY RUBS! TREATS! PETTES! BELLY RUBS! TREATS!
Kharn the Pomeranian Betrayer

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I only played for an hour but I'm already sick of the Calamari Sister's warbling. Only having one song to play during matches is awful.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I only played for an hour but I'm already sick of the Calamari Sister's warbling. Only having one song to play during matches is awful.

I really like their version of the song that kicks in near the end of a game

Topkill
Dec 1, 2006

You see, the heart of murder is through the heart.
There's so much dog on dog violence going on right now :smith:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Oh my God. I just realized I have lime green shoes with Ink Resistance as the main. These are never coming off.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Topkill posted:

It's a dog-eat-dog world.
It's also a dog-eat-cat world.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I found a mole in Team Dog. Spent the entire match rolling the spawn pad.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

dude789 posted:

Oh my God. I just realized I have lime green shoes with Ink Resistance as the main. These are never coming off.

Too bad ink resistance got nerfed heavily! :shepicide:

Now its in a state where it doesn't provide enough of a mobility boost to be useful which defeats the whole point of the item.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

This is the second time soneone has droped out before the match even starts. If I didn't have my hat ability id be even more annoyed

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Icedude posted:

I think Pop might be massively outnumbered. Have only fought other Rock teams so far :laugh:

Should have joined pop then rather than bein a jive rear end sucka

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just had my first loss for Team Dog. Made it halfway through Dog Defender first.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

dude789 posted:

Protip: It looks real fresh with the three star recon puffy jacket if you like to color coordinate.

I wish ink resistance was still good, but at least I discovered that bomb sniffer is good because of the nerf.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Trent posted:

I'm no artist, but drawing puppies for splatfest has been far too fun.

NNID: bonburd

Friend me so we can splat. Yeah my dogs.

Catgoons and Doggoons welcome!

You are doing Dog's work son

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Had some trouble getting my footing early on, was about 50/50 through Dog Champion. Won all the way through to Dog King, though -- my win streak is now 31

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tip for team dog: by all means, keep doing that silly thing where you drop an inkstrike right in front of the cat spawnpoint early in the match. I bet it'll start working soon.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I decided to go with Team Pop rather than Team Rock since it's far cooler a choice, and no doubt Pop will lose since most people chose Rock like the uncultured swine they are.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just had a 15-win streak before I decided to take a break. If anyone here is .(just a dot), *Nixon* or Chris, y'all are the freshest cats I've run with.

Two gold Inksprays, a normal Inkspray and a .52 or .96 Gal (whichever one has splash wall). We just got completely in sync, all playing aggressive and covering each other. Dropping Inkstrikes aimed to flush guys into teammates' fire, all taking advantage of .'s splash walls for cover, and generally owning the fact that we'd played 15 games together and could sync up well while the dogs played like they were a fresh group each time, charging solo and such.

My favorite moment, a little one, would be when two people jumped to my position on the front lines so I charged forward to push the dogs away from their landing point. I splatted, but I bought enough time for . to drop a splash wall to cover their landing. Seriously, those great wall placements were the unsung hero of the entire streak, he was great at aiming them.

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

Splatfest owns. I went undefeated through the first two ranks with the same group of four the entire time. The only matches we came close to losing were Dog v Dog matches. Team dog rules god bless America

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

100% win vs cats do far. After So much ranked this is almost relaxing

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Little_wh0re posted:

Should have joined pop then rather than bein a jive rear end sucka

Actually you made the right choice. Far too many team pop are shite. Or just disconnect or don't bother moving

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Little_wh0re posted:

Actually you made the right choice. Far too many team pop are shite. Or just disconnect or don't bother moving

I can attest to this, it's pretty obvious most people would pile onto Rock because it's "cooler" leaving us Pop fans in the dust.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Bruceski posted:

Dropping Inkstrikes aimed to flush guys into teammates' fire

This is what I think people initially miss about Inkstrikes. They are, seemingly paradoxically, excellent for splats in Turf War and excellent for territory in Splat Zones.

Not really sure what they're good for yet in Tower Control.

LethalGeek posted:

100% win vs cats do far. After So much ranked this is almost relaxing

For real. Ranked gets my dander up, Turf War is so chill.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Pop is by definition lowest common denominator bullshit meant for mass appeal.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cat King gotten but have a feeling we're losing despite winning every battle. Watching streams of teams of 2 cats vs 4 dogs and that's hardly fair :sigh:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
31/13 W/L on my road to becoming a glorious Cat godking, like in Egypt or some poo poo. Didn't get any cat/cat matches as far as I could tell, but the cats were consistently better players. Depending on how the points are distributed in the final tally, I'm fairly confident in feline victory.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

skeletronics posted:

Edgy.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
What gun should I use? The Splattershot Pro isn't really all that useful for Turf War.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Also. As a turf war it would be nice to get the turf war stats

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Alternating between the Jr and Tentatek was most comfortable for me. Means you probably won't be pulling 1k+ points, but you can contribute kills/shut down Aerosprays.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

skeletronics posted:

Everyone picked rock tho so I hate to break it to you...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i joined cats and every loving time I get steamrolled because i have someone who straight up probably has never played before or someone quits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Topkill posted:

That's just friendly sparring. :3:

• Locked thread