Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
game is good and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
kind of wish there were more mega digimon than the usual suspects (4 greymon megas) and that you didn't have to unlock more than half of the megas by doing quests

guess i'll have to wait another 2 years for the 3ds translation

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
this game reminded me how much I miss my favorite PSX game of all time.

No, not Digimon World, Monster Rancher 2.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

zimbomonkey posted:

this game reminded me how much I miss my favorite PSX game of all time.

No, not Digimon World, Monster Rancher 2.

Good taste.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
This just happened. It's very exciting.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/4416-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-coming-to-north-america-in-2016-on-ps4-and-psvita

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im ready

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Man, the last couple of weeks have been all about impossible announcements.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Goddramon giveth, and Goddramon taketh away: Netflix announced yesterday that it's pulling Adventure, 02, and Tamers on August 1st, of all days.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

nine-gear crow posted:

Goddramon giveth, and Goddramon taketh away: Netflix announced yesterday that it's pulling Adventure, 02, and Tamers on August 1st, of all days.
That sucks, seems like Netflix is pulling a lot lately.
Also ps4 Cyber Sleuth is awesome.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

After talking a bunch about how it "would never happen" in the LP forum I'm super glad this is happening. Amazon lists its date as December 31st. I assume that means new yearsish? Oh well time to suck it up and get a PS4, not like I wasn't going to with NIER 2 being announced.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Guys, the fan patch for Digimon World RE: Digitize has been finished at last. I'd share link but I think it would be :filez:

Wasn't this part of the same petition as Cyber Sleuth? There's a chance we might actually get that released too if Cyber Sleuth does any good.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nuebot posted:

After talking a bunch about how it "would never happen" in the LP forum I'm super glad this is happening. Amazon lists its date as December 31st. I assume that means new yearsish? Oh well time to suck it up and get a PS4, not like I wasn't going to with NIER 2 being announced.

It's a placeholder date, because all we have for a release date is 2016, and it's better for a retailer to not get people's hopes up by setting a temporary date too early.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kortel posted:

That sucks, seems like Netflix is pulling a lot lately.
Also ps4 Cyber Sleuth is awesome.

They only license stuff from studios for limited times. Some stuff they buy longer licenses for than others. But even then they do tend to re-up stuff after a cooling off period.

I know they pulled Star Trek TNG a while back and then put it back up earlier this year. So it's probably not going away for good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Strange Quark posted:

It's a placeholder date, because all we have for a release date is 2016, and it's better for a retailer to not get people's hopes up by setting a temporary date too early.

Good enough for me, I hope there's a drop in the PS4 price before it comes out.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Nuebot posted:

Good enough for me, I hope there's a drop in the PS4 price before it comes out.

There is a black friday between now and then, so there will at least be a bundle of some sort.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Digimon Frontier Trip Report

Recap: Our heroes got destroyed by Gigasmon and were scattered to the winds. Two boring filler episodes happened and the gang got back together. Also, I lost my drive and then got a job.

Episode 9: The Enemy is Chakmon?! The Mysterious TV Forest

The group has arrived in "Forest Land," so the Forest Terminal shouldn't be too much further.

Junpei and Tomoki get tired and want to make camp for the night. Takuya and Izumi agree and Kouji doesn't argue. As they plan out their evening, a sinister shadow watches them.

Izumi finds something called a "meat apple." She, Tomoki and the Digimon go looking for more, while the guys collect firewood.

The shadowy Digimon continues to be sinister.

The group collects a ton of apples and Takuya and Kouji show some impressive teamwork and light a fire.

Takuya has a rare moment of introspection and wonders aloud why the kids couldn't beat Grottomon despite a five to one advantage. Kouji reiterates that they were matching him until he evolved into Gigasmon.

Tomoki sees a shadow.

Takuya questions Bokomon about Beast Spirits and Bokomon says there's nothing in his book. Neemon finds an extra page that reveals all the answers. Convenient.

Oh, all the Legendary Warriors had two Spirits, a Human Spirit and a Beast Spirit. Good to know!

The group has the expected discussion and resolve to get their Beast Spirits.

Everyone eats and the meat apples are good. The clouds move and cover up the moons, which allows the...trees to start glowing? The trees start showing videos from the human world. Bokomon calls it the TV Forest. Sure, why not.

Tomoki sees his mom and starts tearing up. The clouds move on and the images all vanish.

Takuya tries to get Tomoki to stop crying and then he sees a shadow. Kouji likes being alone and even Junpei gets fed up with him. Good.

Izumi asks Junpei to do magic, which came up in episode 8. Junpei does a trick with scarves, which astounds Bokomon.

Tomoki walks over to the fire to get another meat apple and the shadowy Digimon hits him with "Nightmare Syndrome." Probably not good?

Everyone goes to sleep, except Takuya and Junpei, who are watching the fire. Tomoki is sleeping fitfully. Junpei and Takuya talk about family a bit; Junpei's an only child and Takuya has a younger brother about Tomoki's age. Suddenly, Takuya notices something and drop the cliched line "I think we're being watched." They look around, but don't see anything, so Junpei brushes it off.

Kouji keeps thinking about what the voice said in episode 2, but his musings are interrupted by Tomoki's nightmares. Tomoki's dreaming that the rest of the group is preventing him from getting back to his mom. He half-wakes up and starts attacking everyone with a stick. After a bit, he ups the ante and evolves.

The group is understandably freaked, so they run rather than fight. Even during this critical situation, Junpei finds a chance to remind us that he likes Izumi. :rolleyes:

Junpei again says the logical thing: the group should evolve and fight back. Takuya again plays the idiot card: no evolving, we're stopping him as humans. For some reason, Izumi and Kouji agree. WHY?!

Takuya senses the same presence, so Kouji evolves. Junpei understandably gets pissed, since they just agreed to not evolve and for some reason Izumi defends Kouji? What?

Wolfmon lights up the area and Takuya gets a glimpse of our villain.

Takuya evolves, so their discussion was literally just "Junpei is always wrong." I totally agree with Junpei calling them both selfish.

Agnimon grabs the Digimon and rides it into the clearing. The Digimon is indentified as Bakumon and Neemon mentions that Bakumon should be eating nightmares. Bokomon yells that obviously Cherubimon turned him evil and he lost his Holy Ring.

Agnimon gets hit with a Nightmare Syndrome and Takuya sees the other kids as bad guys. Bakumon tells him to beat them up. Takuya's too strong and he doesn't fall for the trick. He then realizes that Tomoki is in the same dream and tries to talk him down. When that doesn't work, he attacks and scans Bakumon. For some reason, Bakumon doesn't turn into a Digiegg.

Oh okay Tomoki has no memory so he gets no character development gently caress you show.

Takuya thanks Kouji and Kouji has a moment of humanity before insulting Takuya again. But then they both smile and fist bump, so I guess they're friends now?

Bakumon gives the group good dreams while Kouji keeps off to himself, though he's a bit less cold then earlier. His Digivice goes off and the voice says something about needing to grow up more to get another Spirit.

Final Thoughts: Well, it's worse than Grottomon's intro, but it's at least slightly better than episodes 7 and 8. The introduction of the Beast Spirits gives us a new focus for the next arc and Kouji got a tiny bit less caustic. I'm annoyed that the show focused on Tomoki only to completely avoid giving him any character development and I'm super annoyed that the show keeps making GBS threads on Junpei for literally no reason.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

stoutfish posted:

kind of wish there were more mega digimon than the usual suspects (4 greymon megas) and that you didn't have to unlock more than half of the megas by doing quests

guess i'll have to wait another 2 years for the 3ds translation

4 Greymon megas??? I only thought there was War Greymon!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Squallege posted:

And ShineGreymon, WarGreymon X, VictoryGreymon and Omnimon in that particular game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Squallege posted:

You have much, much to learn. They love giving Greymon new forms.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

nine-gear crow posted:

I wouldn't mind this so much if Crunchyroll had the sub. But it only has the dub. I've never fully watched the sub, but I've watched the dub probably 10 times.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Covok posted:

You have much, much to learn. They love giving Greymon new forms.

And yet no AncientGreymon

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

dis astranagant posted:

And ShineGreymon, WarGreymon X, VictoryGreymon and Omnimon in that particular game.

No Gaioumon, poo poo game 0/10 would not buy.

...I'd totally but it if it was on a console I own, maybe even PC. All the Story series is on DS, it could be a 3DS game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

...I'd totally but it if it was on a console I own, maybe even PC. All the Story series is on DS, it could be a 3DS game.

Good news! Through the magic of illegal emulation you can play without paying!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I always associated him more with BlackWarGreymon anyway due to the color schemes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Oh okay Tomoki has no memory so he gets no character development gently caress you show.

And here I thought that Frontier gradually worked into treating the non Takuya and Koji characters like poo poo, but nope, it was doing it right from the word go. What a disaster of a season.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
given the roughly 20-25 episodes of them getting kicked around, I'd have figured you'd picked up on that.
or how about how the one character that's even vaguely capable of sucking sympathy out of an audience that isn't asleep at the wheel, gets a chafing raw deal?
or how everyone but the characters you mentioned eventually just amount to loving batteries by the end of it?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I forgot about this thread. I got this in the mail last week

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

mateo360 posted:

I forgot about this thread. I got this in the mail last week

Oh my gosh! That's amazing, where did you find that?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Abitha Denton posted:

Oh my gosh! That's amazing, where did you find that?

It was a Bandai Premium pre-order from back in January. It finally came out and shipped at the end of June. I ordered it through CS Toys:
http://www.cstoysjapan.com/collecti...n-25th-mar-01st

I also have one of these coming next month:
http://www.cstoysjapan.com/collecti...r-08th-apr-12th

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Digimon game announced!

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
it's on the vita so I'll never play it.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I'm rewatching the original series on netflix. What do I watch after that to prepare for adventure tri. ?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Razzled posted:

I'm rewatching the original series on netflix. What do I watch after that to prepare for adventure tri. ?

Season 3, then lament season 2.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Razzled posted:

Kortel posted:

Season 3, then lament season 2.

Really, the only other "essential" viewing following Adventure is Our War Game. Tamers is just gravy at that point, loving amazing tasting gravy. Don't watch 02 or its movies, they're poo poo. Maybe watch Frontier if you want to laugh at how badly it faceplanted, and then just stop completely. Everything else is hot garbage. If you're really desperate, watch Runaway Locomon and read the translation of Message in a Packet after you're done with Tamers and see which one you like better because they both blatantly and hilariously contradict one another.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Savers is good fun though.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the 02movie was awful but man i love Imperialdramon Paladin mode.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
No, 02 was tolerable because of the brief appearances by the older 6.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

vivisecting posted:

No, 02 was tolerable because of the brief appearances by the older 6.

It really wasn't. Here's a viewing guide.

Watch adventure, Watch Childrens War game and the "Digimon Adventure" movie that handles the events before the series. Now skip and watch Tamers, now you can watch Frontier if you want but you can skip it. Now watch Savers, then watch Xros Wars until the end of the Death Generals arc. Now you're caught up on Digimon. 02 and Time Hunters never happened.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
gently caress all that just watch digimon: the movie because it's the best goddamn dub ever.

Thank you for visiting meow dot com

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Adventure 02 was worse than Adventure and Tamers, but it was still good fun. Don't listen to the haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Torrannor posted:

Adventure 02 was worse than Adventure and Tamers, but it was still good fun. Don't listen to the haters.

This is objectively false. I still remember the christmas marathon and the alcohol poisoning it inspired.