Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

i joined cats and every loving time I get steamrolled because i have someone who straight up probably has never played before or someone quits

also im bad but im consistently first on my team which explains why we are losing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Fanzay posted:

What gun should I use? The Splattershot Pro isn't really all that useful for Turf War.

Everyone ever is using aerosprays, so I've been doing pretty well with the tentatek. Maybe a 52 if you like those?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I have been having terrible disconnecting issues and games of all dogs. Team cat stop sabotaging our connections, it making you late to the game

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Before the EU splatfest had began but US had already started, I several hours of games where I was literally only non-japanese player in the match. It was loving horrible, the lag advantage they had was completely unreal. I would suddenly die and the camera would zoom off towards the distant horizon to show some roller warping around randomly, enemies would straight up swim through my ink and hail of fire completely unfazed and splat me, enemies appearing seemingly from thin air. It made me want to never play the game again. Thank god Splatfest started.
This game really needs regional matchmaking, or at least it should try to match only inside region and only pick players from outside if it hasn't found anyone else for a while.

Also, the matchmaking system for Splatfest is kinda terrible. Quitting terrible teams until you find yourself in a good one that then proceeds to stomp bunch of bad teams isn't really a good system.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Puistokemisti posted:

Also, the matchmaking system for Splatfest is kinda terrible. Quitting terrible teams until you find yourself in a good one that then proceeds to stomp bunch of bad teams isn't really a good system.

Funny, in my experiences sticking with one team eventually leads to really good matches, because all the whiny piss babies who blame their teams leave and the players who actually put in the effort to win stick around after losses.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Glad to hear team dog is stomping the competition. Maybe I won't even need to lift a finger at all. Bahahaha.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Am I the only one for whom the matchmaking has worked perfectly? I'm on Team Cat, I have been steamrolling the other teams, and I've never had a 4v3 or anything like that.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Puistokemisti posted:

Before the EU splatfest had began but US had already started, I several hours of games where I was literally only non-japanese player in the match. It was loving horrible, the lag advantage they had was completely unreal. I would suddenly die and the camera would zoom off towards the distant horizon to show some roller warping around randomly, enemies would straight up swim through my ink and hail of fire completely unfazed and splat me, enemies appearing seemingly from thin air. It made me want to never play the game again. Thank god Splatfest started.
This game really needs regional matchmaking, or at least it should try to match only inside region and only pick players from outside if it hasn't found anyone else for a while.
The game does try to do region matching, here on the US west coast if I play at a late hour it's all Japanese all the time. Earlier in the day I never see them just once the east coast is in bed BAM.

Now imagine trying to play A ranked games with that lag disadvantage and welcome to my rage.

Ps. Nerf dynomoes

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

My Vibe Meter has hit +20 and is still climbing, my team will carry Team Rock to victory :rock:

Funnily enough, in one match we ended up as a 4vs1 and the lone pop guy plug-pulled, so we painted the whole map and then sat around waiting for the final minute :laugh:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 4, 2015

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Little_wh0re posted:

Everyone picked rock tho so I hate to break it to you...

That's pretty funny for a genre whose defining feature is its popularity.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Out of the dozen or so games I've played so far only 3 have actually been against cats. It's been nothing but doge fighting so far.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Eonwe posted:

i joined cats and every loving time I get steamrolled because i have someone who straight up probably has never played before or someone quits

thats what you get for joining the wrong team

Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.
I am getting tired of dog vs dog matches. Where are the cat players?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just went +20 and became Cat King which is the best title I've received in a game.

How are are the Splatfest results calculated? Team Dog definitely has more members but Team Cat seems to have better players on average.

vv I'm pretty sure I was in 1 or 2 of your games.:hfive:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Clawed (pun not intended) my way up from Champion to King along with two other Champions named "Dan" (not the one pictured) and "itsygo". The three of us together were completely unstoppable.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Can enemy players hear your booyah? Thinking of using that as a taunt or something.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I've had a lot of matches that were just my team destroying the field and keeping them trapped at the spawn point. I'm actually starting to feel kinda bad. I mean yeah, cats play with their prey. but this is crazy.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 4, 2015

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

SeANMcBAY posted:

How are are the Splatfest results calculated? Team Dog definitely has more members but Team Cat seems to have better players on average.

There was a post earlier from a Japanese player about theirs. Even though the team with the fewest players won the most matches, the other team won overall just because more people picked it. So dogs'll probably win regardless of performance, but it probably depends on just how lopsided the vote was.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

SeANMcBAY posted:

Just went +20 and became Cat King which is the best title I've received in a game.

vv I'm pretty sure I was in 1 or 2 of your games.:hfive:

Vote% + 2xWin% = Final Score

So if Team Cat is made of better players than Team Dog, they can overcome their voting disadvantage.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3642968&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=223#post447357172
See that for how it went down in Japan's Splatfest.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Puistokemisti posted:

Vote% + 2xWin% = Final Score

So if Team Cat is made of better players than Team Dog, they can overcome their voting disadvantage.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3642968&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=223#post447357172
See that for how it went down in Japan's Splatfest.

They will win neither the popular or skill portions.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Joined Team Rock myself, haven't had really problems finding Pop teams to fight against but there has been couple Rock vs Rock games. I don't know if it means that Rock is more popular or the matchmaking just hickupped there, either way the teams seem to be pretty evenly balanced voting-wise.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
It's time for fools to experience the wrath of Team

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How long does this go on for

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It's time for fools to experience the wrath of Team

Well I hope they bring a good fight soon, because Team Dog has been biting the curb all day, honestly.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Flytrap posted:

Well I hope they bring a good fight soon, because Team Dog has been biting the curb all day, honestly.

Hey that's not fair, Team Dog is much better at getting splatted.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Am I the only one for whom the matchmaking has worked perfectly? I'm on Team Cat, I have been steamrolling the other teams, and I've never had a 4v3 or anything like that.

I think I had two or three games of 4v3 (one on the 3 side, two on the 4 side), otherwise smooth sailing all the way for this Cat Queen. And every match was against Team Dog.

It seems that the more popular choice does not pay off in Splatfest.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

How long does this go on for

24 hours.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What are the shells you get for winning for anyway

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well, I just ran into someone intentionally trying to make our team lose. Would just swim/jump to the front line and then walk through the enemy ink towards the nearest enemy without shooting. Seriously, why even bother? They're only screwing themselves :doh:

Alteisen posted:

Free slots/rerolls from Spyke

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Alteisen posted:

Can use them for added gear slots or secondary ability rerolls.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

So far only played about 15 matches. 1/3 have been dog-dog, almost all the rest are dog destroying cat, like 87% victories.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Had two 4v3 matches. Both were complete stomps and I was on the 3 side both times. Poor team Dog never stood a chance. :getin:

Seriously, Tenacity is really good if you have Sticky Bomb Rush on the side down a player. It's even better when you're paired with another Tenacity player, also with Bomb Rush.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Onean posted:

Had two 4v3 matches. Both were complete stomps and I was on the 3 side both times. Poor team Dog never stood a chance. :getin:

Likewise; just finished a 3v4 on Kelp Dome, won 69.9% to 21.2%. It was a hilariously brutal stomp for us being down a person. Their team being 3/4ths rollers may have helped, though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No way I'm going to get the highest rank

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So it's kind of funny that nintendo took the time to fix the matchmaking and it's been...uh...pretty broken

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol cat so bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
50 for defender, how many points for each other rank

ArchiveLurker
Sep 5, 2009
I had a string of matches where it was four dogs against one cat. Don't know if it was karma for the losing streak I had last night, but by the end I was feeling sorry for team cat. At this point I've even switched to the E-Liter because it's not like team is needing my help to win anyway.

Fulla Lizards!
Sep 12, 2004

Well, I tried...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
More like lagfest.

It doesn't really seem to be any worse than typical, but it's really annoying getting splatted by a guy when you're staring at his back.

• Locked thread