Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I hosed up so bad by voting for cat assuming it would obviously win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

mabels big day posted:

Glad to hear team dog is stomping the competition. Maybe I won't even need to lift a finger at all. Bahahaha.

Excellent. I too will be spending Dog's day with vile American non-squid human beings with beer and bbq

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fulla Lizards! posted:

Well, I tried...

Do these dog-dog matches count against cat?

JackDarko posted:

I hosed up so bad by voting for cat assuming it would obviously win.

You made the right choice.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

So, the same three maps all day?

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do these dog-dog matches count against cat?

They don't.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fulla Lizards! posted:

Well, I tried...

hey there, friend

I feel your pain

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Just had a massive winning streak with the same group of people. Lyricice, Viola and ..., if you're reading this, we did good. We fought for the glory of Team Cat and we should be proud!

Seriously we covered like 80%+ of the map several matches in a row. It was insane! My most notable moment was a 15/2 killing spree I went on in the Urchin Underpass. When I started my spree, my other 3 teammates were dead and the top bar showed our team as "in danger." That didn't last long. :smug:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Flytrap posted:

Well I hope they bring a good fight soon, because Team Dog has been biting the curb all day, honestly.

I just wanted an excuse to reuse that tag. It's too good to let it go to waste.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Just lost when the rock team only had three. You deserve that win guys. Well played

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Just had a nice match where one team was shorthanded.

...3 cats vs 4 dogs.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Did my part for Team Dog. Got my streak to +40, splash wall OP.

I really like splatfest, and I totally understand why they would lock you out of ranked matches so that everyone is playing the same game, but GOD I wish we weren't stuck with the same 3 stages all day.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Not a Children posted:

Did my part for Team Dog. Got my streak to +40, splash wall OP.

I really like splatfest, and I totally understand why they would lock you out of ranked matches so that everyone is playing the same game, but GOD I wish we weren't stuck with the same 3 stages all day.

Even if it only switched once, it would be good

Is there anywhere you can make suggestions to Nintendo?

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Not a Children posted:

GOD I wish we weren't stuck with the same 3 stages all day.

I wish we weren't stuck playing turf war all day, also.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
it would also be nice if we could change shirts.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
gently caress this stupid game, this game is the worst, i hate it. im going to delete it from my wii. no. no, i won't even give it the satisfaction of being deleted, i'll just ignore it. okay i'll just play one more round, and thats it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pokeyman posted:

Can use them for added gear slots or secondary ability rerolls.

Oh really? Thought it was like unique gear or something, that kinda kills my interest in bothering with ranking up, to be honest I'm not enjoying the game much anyway.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Inflammatory posted:

it would also be nice if we could change shirts.

I understand your pain. It took me more than a few matches to realize why the gently caress I couldn't sneak around people anymore - because the damned Splatfest Tee replaced my current Ninja Squid shirt. :argh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm really tired of this one song playing every round that's not as good as squid punk

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Have cats totally succumbed to dog rule :woof:

I get more dog v dog fights now

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I wish there was a button I could hold down in the plaza to show off my squid's fresh dance moves.

Also, what's the deal with all the spirit energy floating up into the sky?

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

TubeStank posted:

Have cats totally succumbed to dog rule :woof:

I get more dog v dog fights now

yeah this is a bust for team cat imo

i keep getting put on 2 and 3 person teams vs team dog and if its lopsided like that i dont even bother trying, its a guaranteed loss

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I maxed out this morning, cleaned my garage, and now I'm back to playing and I don't know why....help!!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Just had a nice match where one team was shorthanded.

...3 cats vs 4 dogs.

I didn't even think this was possible to have shorthanded teams but I ran into a few 2-person cat teams as well

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Won a match with 3 dogs vs 4 cats. Having something besides points on the line for matches make them a lot more intense and I swear at the game a lot more. I'm fighting for the honor of Team Dog. It's twice as serious as ranked battles.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Had a 4 v 1 match in favor of dogs. Poor guy got pinned to the back in the Dome, we won 87-5

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Usually win about 80% of my turf war matches but today going against Team Cat seems like a mistake. Loss after loss after loss. Win rate of about 25%, seem to always be against people with perfect grenade technique and teamwork. Disgusting.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
i'm only cat champion but i can't take anymore 2v4 matches that are entirely wastes of time so im done with splatfest

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Currently have a 25.5 streak going on with this team. We've leveled up a pubby from 15 to 19 just going on a rampage. Thanks Ryen, Gary, Kai, Lauren

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

3 matches in a row where at least 1 person has disconnected WHOOOO

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

To deal with shorthanded matches, put on a Tenacity hat and believe in yourself.

Not the gas mask, though.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

How do I deal with a moron standing at the spawn the whole match?

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Darke GBF posted:

Usually win about 80% of my turf war matches but today going against Team Cat seems like a mistake. Loss after loss after loss. Win rate of about 25%, seem to always be against people with perfect grenade technique and teamwork. Disgusting.

This is probably at least partly due to people who only play ranked now being forced into Turf Wars.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

C12,Alighieri, and I are making cats cry everywhere

Edit: 82 to 9 with full teams on both sides loving lol

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 4, 2015

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Splatfest is fun but it would be even better if there weren't comms errors and/or dumb teammates in almost every match. So many losses because someone tried to spawncamp and let a roller get by or worse kill them.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Been murdering bitches (dogs) all afternoon. Splatfest is amazing...why don't they do these more often?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think the next Splatfest should be completely retooled, because these 4 on 2 and dog versus dog matches are kind of ridiculous. If you let people chose teams, it's going to be super lop-sided it seems. I think they're probably going to have to assign players to a team, and then put up a chart in-game somewhere so that people know where their team is currently standing. But with assigned teams, it makes the whole thing feel less personal, and what's even the point then? It's pretty much regular Splatoon again.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I swear, cats who have reached king rank have gone out and purchased new Wii-U's for the express purpose of throwing games for team dog.
No humans could be this bad at video games They're going in with splatterscopes for gods sake..

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I slogged my way to Cat Queen so now I don't have to drag myself through disconnects, laggy players, and lopsided teams anymore! :toot:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've now had several games as team cat where team dog had no disconnects and we still won with over 75%. In one case it was 93%! Right after that I was in my first game with a drop, and it was 2 cats vs 4 dogs on Kelp Dome. Managed to lose with Dog only getting 73% which I think is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Fought about 10 matches now as a full Rock team, have only fought one 3-squid Pop team. :(

• Locked thread