Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Smiles posted:

Fought about 10 matches now as a full Rock team, have only fought one 3-squid Pop team. :(

I had some earlier, but now is their bedtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

:smug: One Kid Army

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I don't think the Splatoom servers are able to handle splatfest. I have never had some many disconnects.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On my way back home from a NOFX show to fight for Team Rock. Hopefully I can actually get into a game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm bored today, realized I don't turn on my Wii U much, so I bought Splatoon just now.

I added my screen name to the automated list, but my Nintendo ID is omgitsbees I wouldnt mind having more friends. I have only a handful so far cause I havent had my Wii U that long.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
Just had a rockin' win streak for team Dog, all with the same people.

Devin, Vanna, y'all some fresh squids. Hawk you were kind of useless but it's okay, we pushed the cats back to spawn every match anyway.

I like fighting with the same people every match. Builds a sense of camaraderie even though I have no idea who these people are.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Has there been that many disconnects? When I was playing at 2 am it was pretty much no wait time and only one match where there was 3 dogs vs 2 cats.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Eternal pop girl achieved! I probably won't get to play again during the fest. Connection issues aside it was broadly fun if occasionally frustrating.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I'm v sad to be missing out on Splatfest

I hope they do another one soon and that the theme is as good as dogs vs cats :smith:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/JKzf27O.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/bb4fdW7.gifv

easy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jarogue posted:

Has there been that many disconnects?
Before Splatfest I very, very rarely ever saw a disconnect and only saw a laggy player every dozen games or so.

During Splatfest, there have been more 4v3 matches (or worse) than I can remember with very laggy players every couple matches or so.

edit:

Today I had a match where, mid dynamo swing, three enemies walked around a corner into the blast. :allears:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bass Bottles posted:

I'm v sad to be missing out on Splatfest

I hope they do another one soon and that the theme is as good as dogs vs cats :smith:

I think the next splatfest in Japan is a product placement thing

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I had a game drop to 1v1 and I used echolocator to dominate the guy. I'd feel bad for spawn camping him for the entire last minute of the match, but gently caress that guy for picking the team I did not pick.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the next splatfest in Japan is a product placement thing

Coke vs Pepsi

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow the matchmaking is fuckin rubbish

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

skeletronics posted:

gently caress that guy for picking the team I did not pick.

I wish this could be the tread title

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tbh i read this as dog queef and laughed for a bit.

Nintendo id: El_Gustazo, im so lonly u guys :( :( :(

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Bown posted:

Wow the matchmaking is fuckin rubbish

Did you pick cool-rear end pop or dad rock?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Just 4v1 some poor dude (twice actually). 91% to 2.5%.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Little_wh0re posted:

Did you pick cool-rear end pop or dad rock?

Look it was a really tough decision and I literally chose because I was going to a rock show the same night okay

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

>implying Dad Rock isn't cool

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

definitely regret signing up on team rock, lost every single game so far.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Came back this afternoon and my streak is pretty much gone thanks to all the super fun 2 vs 4 matches. When I finally got 4 people on my team 2 of them stood in spawn the entire time spamming booyah.

Glad to know team Dog is cheating like hell.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

.TakaM posted:

definitely regret signing up on team rock, lost every single game so far.

Has it crossed your mind that you might not be very good?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I've won a bunch of games, but against other rockers. :(

Then I had a game against a pop team where we started with 3 people, and another where the whole enemy team appeared to be invulnerable to my shots. :negative:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I lost like the first six games I played but am now evening the odds. Close to whatever the one after Charismatic is. Once I started getting good 4x4 matches against the actual opposing team everything was quickly forgiven.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Wow team COMMUNICATION ERROR OCCURED is really kicking team STABLE INTERNET CONNECTIONs rear end

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I'm glad that the dominance of the superior pet, Woofers, has been established for good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Poultron posted:

I'm glad that the dominance of the superior pet, Woofers, has been established for good.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Saw my first splatoon hacker, seems like about the right time.

This guy was swimming in enemy ink and firing his splash-o-matic at insane speeds, it looked like a roller weave rather than a series of bullets.
Please disqualify team cat, even if there are hackers on both teams cat has more players and is statistically has more bad people on it as a result.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Just went mothafuckin' 20-0 in the name of Glorious Team Cat with the best team I have ever played with, suck it Team Dog

:420::catdrugs::420::catdrugs::420:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The Gorp posted:

Saw my first splatoon hacker, seems like about the right time.

This guy was swimming in enemy ink and firing his splash-o-matic at insane speeds, it looked like a roller weave rather than a series of bullets.
Please disqualify team cat, even if there are hackers on both teams cat has more players and is statistically has more bad people on it as a result.

Was he doing it continually? Just asking because wrong-ink swimming and momentarily sped-up fire rates are both things that can appear to happen when there's lag.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

A clear and obvious setup - no kills, no deaths? Is this the kind of propaganda that Team Cat wants you take at face value? Despicable.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Pretty surprised by all of the complaints of imbalanced teams and unstable connections. I've been playing for a few hours now (on Team Dog for the record) and things have been going super smoothly on my end, having only experienced one of each, and no matches against my own team. Guess I must have just gotten lucky. :shrug:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I would be more upset about 3 vs 4 matches if it wasn't for Team Cat still kicking Team Dog's rear end with a man down.

I've yet to have a match that's not cat vs dog. Maybe because there are more on team dog?

I have had a few connection errors though which I have never ran into before. But once you get in the game is pretty solid.

Edit: wish there was some sort of leaderboard so we could know how our team is doing.

Edit 2: Suck it Team Dog!

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Supercar Gautier posted:

Was he doing it continually? Just asking because wrong-ink swimming and momentarily sped-up fire rates are both things that can appear to happen when there's lag.

Let me put it this way, he wasn't warping or doing anything else that made it seem like lag.
He was able to straight up hide in squid form in our ink, pop up and 4whipe us by tilting the gun left and right.

Might have been lag but it was unlike anything I've ever seen.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I am now Cat Queen. I am proud to have done my service to Team Cat. Kinda bummed I can't keep the shirt though.

Puistokemisti posted:

Vote% + 2xWin% = Final Score

So if Team Cat is made of better players than Team Dog, they can overcome their voting disadvantage.

Wait, do my points not matter? Only my team wins? So it doesn't matter that I'm the Cat Queen?

Let me ask you this: do I help my team if I get on later and keep playing, even if I'm maxed out, so long as I win?

Because I was kind of feeling some Captain Toad ...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bean posted:

I am now Cat Queen. I am proud to have done my service to Team Cat. Kinda bummed I can't keep the shirt though.

Wait, do my points not matter? Only my team wins? So it doesn't matter that I'm the Cat Queen?

Let me ask you this: do I help my team if I get on later and keep playing, even if I'm maxed out, so long as I win?

Because I was kind of feeling some Captain Toad ...

Your wins matter. If you win a match it's +1 to your team's cause. King/Queen determines how many snails you get as a reward.

Just had a match where we pushed all the dogs back to spawn in kelp dome, I used my Kraken and killed a enemy and a ring appeared where he was standing, so 2 teammates and myself just sat around it while I was still Kraken'd. Everyone was just spamming booyah as fast as possible until we feasted on him.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

A lot of you have sub par internet connections IMO

Also get the gently caress off wireless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just had a match where we pushed all the dogs back to spawn in kelp dome, I used my Kraken and killed a enemy and a ring appeared where he was standing, so 2 teammates and myself just sat around it while I was still Kraken'd. Everyone was just spamming booyah as fast as possible until we feasted on him.

Ha, I killed someone with a Kraken in one of the Underpass side corridors earlier right after two players had chosen to super jump to him. Literally just stood with myself over the two rings spamming jump.

• Locked thread