Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Samus is a fuckin' beast and that's awesome.

One of the many reasons Other M is terrible is that Samus looks to be about 4.8 feet tall next to everyone else. That, or the other soldiers are 10 feet tall.

I don't understand how the guy in charge of the franchise managed to get everything so wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well Samus has always been sexualized by Sakamoto. JUSTIN BAILEY being a thing and alll.

Iirc he even says Other M was his vision for Samus all along.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's just kind of crazy that everyone except him saw Samus as a badass strong woman who can kick everyone's rear end and is feared and respected by everyone, and apparently all of that was an accident on his quest to make games about a vulnerable sexy short lady with PTSD.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was all the suit. She was just a passenger.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

goatface posted:

It was all the suit. She was just a passenger.

Bullshit.

Captain N: The Game Master #4.

Samus singlehandedly made that comic readable.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lurdiak posted:

It's just kind of crazy that everyone except him saw Samus as a badass strong woman who can kick everyone's rear end and is feared and respected by everyone, and apparently all of that was an accident on his quest to make games about a vulnerable sexy short lady with PTSD.

That dude is well known for being an incredible pervert. You know he was jacking off to this poo poo the whole time. Japanese culture has a huge elder worship problem, so thats how idiots like him, and the dude who loving up Parasite Eve, manage to get ahold of these projects. They won't just tell them " No, you suck, get out of here."

For those that don't know about Parasite Eve. She was like Samus, in that she was no-nonsense cop that kicked mutated beasts rear end. Well, in the PSP game, he had her mind essentially killed, and the mind of her 14 year old clone go into the elders body.
So, instead of a fighter, the whole game she is cringing and crying. PLUS, the more damage she takes, the more her clothing is torn, to the point where it's just underwear. AND she ends up marrying the dude the first woman was marrying, LIKE HE WOULDN'T NOTICE THE EXTREME PERSONALITY CHANGE

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If we're posting badass Samus Aran stuff, this is my favorite.

Johnny Aztec posted:

That dude is well known for being an incredible pervert. You know he was jacking off to this poo poo the whole time. Japanese culture has a huge elder worship problem, so thats how idiots like him, and the dude who loving up Parasite Eve, manage to get ahold of these projects. They won't just tell them " No, you suck, get out of here."

Well, Other M was lovely enough that it's unlikely he'll ever get to ruin Gunpei Yokoi's series any more.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Iirc he even says Other M was his vision for Samus all along.

If I remember correctly, a lot of the stuff that we consider canon for Samus Aran is from comics like the series that ran in Nintendo Power way back in the day, and as such aren't necessarily canon in the developers' eyes. This includes stuff like the Chozo infusing Samus with their DNA to save her life as a baby.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wanderer posted:

If I remember correctly, a lot of the stuff that we consider canon for Samus Aran is from comics like the series that ran in Nintendo Power way back in the day, and as such aren't necessarily canon in the developers' eyes. This includes stuff like the Chozo infusing Samus with their DNA to save her life as a baby.

A lot of it also comes from the lore in the Prime games, though. And those are made by a studio Nintendo owns, even though they're in Texas.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Some times comics can be fun and bad-rear end

(Gi)ant-man wrestling Gargantus (not to be confused with Fin Fang Foom) like it ain't no thang and loving every moment of it.

Marvel Monsters #4

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I hope it's not out of line to post just about half of a comic, but Strange Fruit #1.
N-word warning.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Holy gently caress that last goddamn page/panel. What a shitshow.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
While I'll never get tired of seeing racist Klan shitsticks get their asses handed to them, what in the hell is going on there? Who is the super-dude?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Malachite_Dragon posted:

While I'll never get tired of seeing racist Klan shitsticks get their asses handed to them, what in the hell is going on there? Who is the super-dude?

He's Johnson. A buff black guy/literally Superman random alien.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 11, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Who is apparently also incredibly dehydrated.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

For a split second my brain went "holy poo poo Beasts of Burden got real hosed up."

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Who is apparently also incredibly dehydrated.

Well, I mean you may as well make that comment on EVERY superhero comic EVER. You may as well just not make that comment in the first place.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I think I can guess who this is based on, physically.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

Well, I mean you may as well make that comment on EVERY superhero comic EVER. You may as well just not make that comment in the first place.

Nah man, that dude has veins on top of veins on top of veins showing out of his skin. That is some poo poo comic art, and possibly poo poo anatomy (which I kinda forgive since the dude's an alien).

The only time I'd let poo poo like this pass would be with Carnage or Venom since they have that weird hosed up fake symbiote muscle poo poo going on, on top of their normal skin.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I like the direction the Terminator series is going.

Your flag. Give it to me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Robocop vs. Terminator

I love that he turns away and doesn't look at the explosion.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I couldn't really tell it was him because the rest of the art looks so phoned in, but that BOOM is the most Simonson thing ever.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Uthor posted:

Robocop vs. Terminator

Epic Rap Battles of History?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Robocop vs Terminator is hardly phoned in.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Robocop vs Terminator is hardly phoned in.

Awwww Murphy loses? Lame.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
... SPOILER ALERT.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jiro posted:

Awwww Murphy loses? Lame.

Without having read the story at all, I'm assuming that's part of the opening and that time travel is involved, as is often the case with termies

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, go read RoboCop vs. Terminator. It's seriously one of my all-time favorite comics and it's only $4 on Comixology right now.

And no, that's most definitely not the ending.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm only half way through the series. So far, the Terminators have killed everyone in the world except for one woman, she travels back in time, is stopped by the Terminators sent back in time, and all life is destroyed in the future. That page is the opening to the third issue. So, not really optimistic.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Uthor posted:

I'm only half way through the series. So far, the Terminators have killed everyone in the world except for one woman, she travels back in time, is stopped by the Terminators sent back in time, and all life is destroyed in the future. That page is the opening to the third issue. So, not really optimistic.

They'll solve it with EVEN MORE time travel, I'm sure.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Drifter posted:

Somebody ought to write a Terminator story set in the closing days of the war against Skynet, where a mixed human-Terminator response squad is sent back from the 30th century or so to get Skynet to stop loving using so much time travel.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Only if it stars JCVD as TimeCop.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Drifter posted:

Well, I counted at least three more time jumps in the second half of the series.

It all gets solved by a motherfucking T-Rex, obviously.

Here's how RoboCop takes care of a nuclear missile.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Wanderer posted:

Somebody ought to write a Terminator story set in the closing days of the war against Skynet, where a mixed human-Terminator response squad is sent back from the 30th century or so to get Skynet to stop loving using so much time travel.

*group of soldiers and Sarah running from a Terminator*
"HE'S FROM THE FUTURE!!! LOOK OUT!"

*zzzZAP*
*a new figure appears, fully clothed, with weapons*

"Yeah, but I'm from the future future. Come with me if you want to live."

*zzzZAP*
*a new figure appears, robotic, also with weapons*

"Sarah Conn-"

*Blam head explodes"

*zzzZAP*

"And I'm from even more of the future. Skynet, you're being a dick. Stop it, for reals this time."

*zzzZAP*

"Hi! I'm Sara Conner, from an alternate timeline reality wormhole. Do you guys, uhh...need anything?"

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Here's a summary of the story.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Uthor posted:

Here's a summary of the story.

That's one of the most :black101: things I've seen outside of Ribic's run on God of Thunder. :rock: I assume the shoulder mounts blare a playlist comprised mainly of Iron Maiden.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jiro posted:

That's one of the most :black101: things I've seen outside of Ribic's run on God of Thunder. :rock: I assume the shoulder mounts blare a playlist comprised mainly of Iron Maiden.

Probably just All Along the Watchtower.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume it's this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIajdXHRmJ4

(sorry, but that's what I see in that panel)

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Room for one more on the Badass Nintendo Woman pile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While dressed as the expendable Mario brother as well.