Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cross posting from Cycle Asylum, I hit a loving Egret riding my scooter to work and almost bit the dust. Got a face full of feathers and next thing I know I was bouncing of the curb, super lucky I didn't crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

leica posted:

Love the car, is that an old Mazda 626?

As other's have said, Nissan Bluebird. GL 1976cc.

A friend of mine has a 1985 Mazda 323 and this is pretty much its twin.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ah yes, I remember the Blue Birds from my days in Japan, love those cars. Wish they were sold here.

Those wheels fit the car perfect, it looks awesome and I'm jealous :3:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

leica posted:

Cross posting from Cycle Asylum, I hit a loving Egret riding my scooter to work and almost bit the dust. Got a face full of feathers and next thing I know I was bouncing of the curb, super lucky I didn't crash.

I thought I would never get a chance to use this.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Guns for July 4th? Okay, I shot a bit with my dad today.

Quick trip so my ohotos are not very high effort

Wasn't going to bring my 1911 but it's America's birthday :911:

Actual decent gun picture to make up for those

LTD marks, still pretty good after two weeks,

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

kastein posted:

While we are talking about big calibers, I really want to shoot .950 JDJ sometime, just once, so I know to never do it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xohy9gWz7kk

Hahahahahahahahaha you've got to be loving kidding me. I want to try that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I thought I would never get a chance to use this.

Lol that was posted in CA as well.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Got an offer! It's good money, in Albany NY (where we wanted to move to be close to family) leading a computer helpdesk for the State. It's continent on "approval from the NY State Appointments Office" but the way the HR lady spoke, for something this low level, it's just a matter of getting the appointments office to actually notice the paperwork and approve it.

poo poo, now I need to move to NY.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Agreed; I don't mind the recoil at all, especially in a frame/barrel that size. It's scarier firing my glock 33 .357sig because each shot feels like the tiny little thing is trying to jump straight out of my grip. Vertical pop is the worst.

Big 44s are like laser beams, yeah... ask the jackrabbit I tagged 80 yds away at full sprint :v:

44 mag out of a lever-action carbine is pure sex.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Happy 4th AI weirdos, may your grills be hot and your beers cold. Unless you're British (just kidding, we cool).

In honor of American Excess, our irrational dumb love of firepower and the freedom to own it , here's a photo of a small something I picked up this morning - been buttering up a friend for three years on this thing and he finally caved.

1975 S&W Model 29 .44mag, 6.5" (dick). Was originally purchased because Dirty Harry owned, but oh hey .44 kicks like a mule so it's been in storage it's whole life. Has maybe 12 rounds thru it.

:circlefap:

gently caress yes. My 44 is my favorite revolver.

Ran out of rum. Been drinking Crown Apple. Not my usual cup of tea, but it's delicious. Now if the rain would go away it'd be peachy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ. Nothing quite like getting dragged out to a baseball game on the Fourth to make you remember how much baseball sucks and can go gently caress itself with a bat.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

Liquid Communism posted:

44 mag out of a lever-action carbine is pure sex.

Anything out of a lever action is awesome, I love mine in .357.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Damnit. Got under the car today to see if I could figure out where the gas smell is coming from.

It's coming from the area around the tank for sure. All of the hard lines are in good shape, and nothing was damp, so it's probably the feed or return line leaking where they connect to the pump. There's a TSB for the filler neck cracking (and an actual recall, but it only applies to cars registered in desert states), but you get at least one evap code when it cracks. No codes whatsoever in the ECU, pending or otherwise.

With my luck, there's probably not an access panel to get to the pump from inside the car. At least it looks really easy to remove - 1 dust shield, 1 strap. And probably some specialty "quick release" tools that are anything but.

The Locator posted:

The concept of police suddenly not being police when they cross a jurisdiction line is just weird to me. I was born and raised here in Arizona, where all police are certified by the state. No matter where an officer is, he is still a certified LEO, and can issue you a citation (or arrest you, or whatever), anywhere within the entire state. Sometimes agencies discourage their officers from doing that, but legally a county sheriff can cite you in any city or county, city officers can write you up in other cities or in county land, etc.

Generally cops in TX stick to their city, but for felony stuff, no questions asked, they take action even if they're off duty. For traffic stuff you're generally safe if you're not in the city they work in.

One thing that always amused me when I lived on campus at UNT - the drunk students always seemed to forget that university cops are state cops and not overgrown security guards, and have jurisdiction state-wide (and oh boy they really hate when you call them a school cop). So when your drunk rear end is stumbling home from a bar, even though you're off campus, you're gonna get hassled.

Funny thing is, Denton cops never went on campus - technically the campus is inside the city of Denton, but I guess they figure the university cops can handle it.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
It might have to do with me always loading my .357 quite hot, but the first time I shot a .44 I was disappointed in the lack of kick. Also the owner of the .44 had talked about how much it kicked, so I dunno.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

some texas redneck posted:

Damnit. Got under the car today to see if I could figure out where the gas smell is coming from.

It's coming from the area around the tank for sure. All of the hard lines are in good shape, and nothing was damp, so it's probably the feed or return line leaking where they connect to the pump. There's a TSB for the filler neck cracking (and an actual recall, but it only applies to cars registered in desert states), but you get at least one evap code when it cracks. No codes whatsoever in the ECU, pending or otherwise.

Aren't you in a desert state?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Only about half of the state is desert. :v:

Although I just checked the GM owner center, and it looks like there's actually an extended warranty in place for this exact issue (lifetime!). It was originally for cars in Arizona and Nevada only.

Going to call Saturn's owner service # and see what it'll take to get it fixed. The letter states the entire fuel pump assembly has to be replaced.

e: holiday. :doh: I'll call them Monday. I know I'm going to get the runaround if I show up at a dealer without verifying my car is covered by this.

e2 for service bulletin - the link from the GM owner center took me straight to NHTSA: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/ucm435709/rcmn-12v459-5432.pdf

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 5, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

The Locator posted:

The concept of police suddenly not being police when they cross a jurisdiction line is just weird to me.

In Ohio at least any officer can stop you regardless of jurisdiction, they just can't cite you and have to call an officer with authority wherever they are to finish the stop.

The result is they take a "not my job/problem" approach and let minor poo poo (ie, not felony stop level violations) slide because they end up doing all the legwork and someone else gets the credit.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Why the gently caress is my neighbor weed whacking his front lawn at 10:30PM on the 4th of July!?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Why the gently caress is my neighbor weed whacking his front lawn at 10:30PM on the 4th of July!?

You splahing people standing in his yard made the weeds grow and this provides a nice cool time of day to do it when he likely has off of work?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

First time grilling at the new house. Turned out great.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

For traffic stuff you're generally safe if you're not in the city they work in.

This is because cops generally loathe traffic stops unless they lead to DUIs or drug busts, and do as few of them as they can get away with.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

WITNESS ME

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The world you live in must be a fascinating place :allears:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
'cause this is America and he loving wants to. :911:

Seriously though there is a line in the patriot act about 350 pages in that says if you don't weedwack your front yard on the fourth you are not american enough and will be sent to gitmo. get to it, you have another 32 minutes.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Enourmo posted:

WITNESS ME

Congratulations! :hfive:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rndmnmbr posted:

This is because cops generally loathe traffic stops unless they lead to DUIs or drug busts, and do as few of them as they can get away with.

:stare:

Every time I left on a delivery today, I saw cars pulled over. Generally I see people stopped every other delivery.

The cops in that town really don't have much else to do.

I did see one fine upstanding individual essentially idling down a major road (I'd guess he was doing a bit under 10 MPH). Said "STR, I bet someone rearends him pretty soon. I'll call the police when I'm done with this delivery if I see him again on the way back". Turns out his trunk was putting out a mating call for an F-150, and a F-150 was more than happy to oblige. A cop was already behind me when I saw this X rated car scene, so he stopped to join in on the fun. On the delivery after that, the F-150 had finished its mating ritual and left under its own power, while what was left of the sodomized Suzuki was surrounded by 3 police cars. It got a bit kinky after that, I saw some handcuffs out, and decided it would be better if I pretended I saw nothing.

On the other hand, I saw a sheriff who definitely fit your description. I got stuck behind an Escalade that couldn't stay in their lane (2 lane road, they were more on the shoulder than the road) and was going ~20-40 under the speed limit depending on their mood at that exact second (60 mph farm to market road). No passing area, of course, and a huge line of cars behind him (I was the first car behind him). We passed a sheriff. The sheriff didn't do jack and/or poo poo. The only reason that jackass in the Escalade didn't get called in is I was in the middle of nowhere and didn't even know what town I was in, or the name number of the road I was on. I can only guess the sheriff thought that giant Escalade might sodomize his poor little Explorer, since the Escalade was almost completely on the shoulder and doing half the speed limit as we passed.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 5, 2015

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
WE SHALL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT. TODAY WE CELEBRATE OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY!

https://youtu.be/oj16vfbsM9A

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Clearing brush for some night digging.

:stare:

Every time I left on a delivery today, I saw cars pulled over. Generally I see people stopped every other delivery.

The cops in that town really don't have much else to do.
Every cop was looking for daytime DUIs which are quite likely when July 4th is a Saturday. People go to a BBQ, have more beer than they planned, and expect the roads to be free of cops while the sun is up. And from your stories you were well aware of the drunkies out and about.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 5, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Still the 4th of July here in desert land, so hopping on the 4th-Gun parade with the best gun for Merica's birthday.

Also, an ugly couch.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What's everyone's favourite Michael Bolton song

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Bape Culture posted:

An axe through the speakers

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Bape Culture posted:

Captain Jack Sparrow - Lonely Island ft Michael Bolton.

I hated him when I was a kid, but that song is funny as poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

E: an ad played for a chevrolet trax? I guess that's the chevy version of the buick encore. Why not just buy a loving yaris and skip the high water pants?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Shampoo posted:

Got an offer! It's good money, in Albany NY (where we wanted to move to be close to family) leading a computer helpdesk for the State. It's continent on "approval from the NY State Appointments Office" but the way the HR lady spoke, for something this low level, it's just a matter of getting the appointments office to actually notice the paperwork and approve it.

poo poo, now I need to move to NY.

Sorry Bro. I'll buy you a consolation beer some time.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Bape Culture posted:

How can we be lovers if we can't be friends?

:glomp:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bape Culture posted:

For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings When a Man Loves a Woman.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Doccers why do you have your own sticker on blipshift?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Wanted to see the fireworks and festivities downtown but didn't want to deal with parking bullshit. Took the motard...forgot how fun that thing is. Took a wrong turn and ended up at a roadblock, they waved me right through and I parked with the police bikes ~20 ft from the entrance. Things finish up, traffic is not going anywhere but the motard lane splits very good. Police just waived and blocked traffic for me when I'd get to an intersection. Knoxville cops are pretty awesome.

Show was decent but a little short at ~15 minutes. Worth the ride down there mostly because I got to gently caress around on the motard for a while before and after. Dammit though I was going to list that thing for sale this week but now I want to keep it.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Vacation starts Thursday. Week at the beach in NC. So what do I do today? Slice my drat right hand open on the knuckle. I imagine ill find some sort of watertight bandage I can get over it, but gently caress. It's my dominant hand. Gimping around one handed sure is fun waiting for it to close up enough to put something better than gauze over it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ssjonizuka posted:

Vacation starts Thursday. Week at the beach in NC. So what do I do today? Slice my drat right hand open on the knuckle. I imagine ill find some sort of watertight bandage I can get over it, but gently caress. It's my dominant hand. Gimping around one handed sure is fun waiting for it to close up enough to put something better than gauze over it.

Gauze and tegaderm will take care of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Having a cookout at my uncle's house and my pops brought my 14 year old lab. When she jumps in our above ground she knows to swim to the ladder to get out. She jumped in their in-ground and didn't know about the stairs so I had to jump in and get her. Poor old gal doesn't have much stamina left nowadays.

• Locked thread