Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The cardinal looks like an N64 villain in some humor-based game like Earthworm Jim or Conker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The L is good

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
New Tennessee uni?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Bulge

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

wandler20 posted:

New Tennessee uni?

Ew

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gunmetal grey is awful in the best way possible

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Checkerboard on the legs owns. Orange on orange owns.

Alouicious posted:

gunmetal grey is awful in the best way possible

Also this. $10 says it gets some name based on the Smokey Mountains

and this

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Wait we get a grey alternate helmet but not an inverse color orange one? I mean the rest is p unoffensive classic TN vibes, but really? That's the alternate helmet? Makes me sad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just want tennessee to do a full orange and white checkerboard helmet

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Wait we get a grey alternate helmet but not an inverse color orange one? I mean the rest is p unoffensive classic TN vibes, but really? That's the alternate helmet? Makes me sad.

Not just gray, but mountains :science:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alouicious posted:

i just want tennessee to do a full orange and white checkerboard helmet

oh my god yes

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
As a graphic designer I'm baffled by the decision to promote the Louisville uniforms that way. It's like the dazzle patterns they used to paint on battleships - I can't focus on the actual uniform.

Tennessee ones look sweet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

As a graphic designer I'm baffled by the decision to promote the Louisville uniforms that way. It's like the dazzle patterns they used to paint on battleships - I can't focus on the actual uniform.

Tennessee ones look sweet

We all went back in time and it is 1992.

Don't have a cow, man.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Neil Armbong posted:

Not just gray, but mountains :science:

I missed this before, but yes that makes it marginally better. But still...

e: I don't mind the concept of the grey unis for the Vols, and these are better than the Adidas ones, it just irks me that they want to play with alternate helmets of a color other than orange first.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 1, 2015

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I didn't like the gray uni's when they first came out, but they have definitely grown on me. That gray helmet with the checkerboard looks pretty sweet. Also a big fan of the all orange, I hope the away is all white. All that needs would be an inverse orange helmet like already mentioned above.

Edit: also according to the teaser videos released, the words "My All" is sewn into the collar, which I think is a nice touch.

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 1, 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Better resolution pictures are making the rounds on twitter now

https://twitter.com/heidiburgett/status/616282764447383552

That Helmet with the mountains is so loving good. The all grey uniform is meh

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Better resolution pictures are making the rounds on twitter now

https://twitter.com/heidiburgett/status/616282764447383552

That Helmet with the mountains is so loving good. The all grey uniform is meh

Oh man yeah, mountain helmet is fantastic

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
lmao at the positioning of the legs on that nuclear cardinal they must be so long and so horribly broken

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I saw Browns jerseys at the store today for the first time in person.

:barf:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

I saw Browns jerseys at the store today for the first time in person.

:barf:

The brown Browns jersey?

Keep in mind you didn't see those loving pants

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Both. White one wasn't hideous I guess.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Ahaha, Aliexpress is amazing. Sold by: nice quality jersey store.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Got my jersey in the mail last night.

As I mentioned before, I had been trying to find a place that does custom throwback jerseys. There were a few places on Yahoo and others that claimed to be in the U.S., but they either appeared really sketchy or wanted way more money than I was willing to pay without any example of quality, ranging from like $80 to up to $250. gently caress that poo poo.

I then turned to AliExpress, based on the recommendations of this thread, but finding a seller who did custom throwbacks for any team was again difficult. A few did college uniforms, or teams with simple uniforms that haven't changed much over the years (Namely the Raiders, also Chiefs and Colts), but I was looking for someone who did the old Giants uniforms from the 80's and 90's. After digging through a few dozen places, I found two that did custom throwbacks for the whole league, had decent enough ratings that I was semi-confident in them, and were fairly cheap, both being under $50. The one I decided to try was called Bird's Professional Custom Jersey Shop, which as I mentioned before, had the option for adding a custom patch the jersey, which is why I tried them first. The price was said to be $44, with regular patches being free to add, and custom ones being an extra $5. They didn't bill me for that, so I'm guessing the 1994 NFL 75th Anniversary patch counted as a regular one. I ordered it late on the 22nd, so just over two weeks with a national holiday in between to get something from China is not bad at all.

The results, via iPhone camera:

First, the obvious, why anyone would want a loving Dave Brown jersey is a long story, and I'll spare you all of that.

As for the seller, they were very quick to send me messages where things weren't clear. The jersey sizes listed on their page are different than the ones they offer for throwbacks, so I had to confirm what I wanted, going with a Size 48 Medium. When I placed the order originally, I took the extra step of including a couple of links to pictures of the jersey and a close up of the patch, just to be sure, and what they sent me matches that almost exactly.

Sizing wise, I'm about 6' and weight about 185, and it fits me just as well as any official jersey I've ever gotten. I've got an official Reggie Wayne Nike jersey (One of the $100 types) and one of the $300 Elite Nike Andrew Luck ones, both in Large (Although for the Luck jersey, Large is a size 44), and it fits pretty much the same as those, or the older cheap Reebok mesh-type jerseys.

You'll notice it has a Mitchell & Ness patch and collar tag, and says "1990" under it for some reason. In comparison to their throwbacks, such as the Phil Simms 1986 or Dan Fouts 1984 jerseys, which I also have in Size 44, it's a much better fit. The actual throwbacks are quite a bit bulkier and made of much thicker material, with the blue on the Giants one being a bit brighter than the Ali one. I actually prefer the material of the bootleg, if only because I live in South Florida and the heat and humidity means its only comfortable to wear the thicker ones like twice a year. The numbers on the AliExpress one are also sewn on, compared to the official ones just being screen printed on everything except the ultra expensive Elite jerseys.

I'm honestly surprised at just how good the quality is on this thing, the stitching being better than... well, almost every official jersey I've had. The only places its really noticeable are on the Mitchell & Ness patch on the lower left corner, and on the 75th Anniversary patch, most of which I can probably touch up with a scissor if I wanted, or really wouldn't be obvious unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

So, if you are looking for any kind of throwback, for $44, this seems like the best option out there.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
packers alts leaked

those are the 1939 jerseys. they wore them during the 1994 season and they were good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Top jersey sales by state

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Montana not having a certain 49er HoFer as their top selling jersey is kind of funny.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TubeStank posted:

packers alts leaked

those are the 1939 jerseys. they wore them during the 1994 season and they were good.

They are still good. I'd love to see more uniforms go for a big two color shoulder look like this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Am I missing a connection between the Skins and Nebraska other than Roy Helu (who isn't there anymore)?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alaska Rams and Hawaii panthers is more surprising to me. Also Tennessee.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Am I missing a connection between the Skins and Nebraska other than Roy Helu (who isn't there anymore)?

I think that chart predates the draft

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah it's from the first 3 weeks of the 2014-2015 season based on sales from Dick's. I'd like to see more current version, and/or a breakdown with numbers (1st 2nd 3rd etc.) by state, especially for some of the random ones like Montana, Nevada, Arkansas, etc.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Ahahaha go Bills.

It does surprise me that the Bucs are the leading jersey in Florida. I would have bet the farm on the 'Fins.

I am also wondering if the Jags are going to ever do a throwback. Because this deserves to come back

(not in the weird dark blue, not in the way-too shiny teal.)

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 29, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

What is the Oklahoma Browns connection?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Suspect Bucket posted:

Ahahaha go Bills.

It does surprise me that the Bucs are the leading jersey in Florida. I would have bet the farm on the 'Fins.

I am also wondering if the Jags are going to ever do a throwback. Because this deserves to come back

I will settle for just a helmet throwback

Chichevache posted:

What is the Oklahoma Browns connection?

It's because Manziel is the top selling jersey here*

*despite me never seeing one

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Metapod posted:

I will settle for just a helmet throwback

We're all waiting for that.

We can still have the stupid gradient thing! Just make it subtle, and NOT BLACK TO GOLD. I do think we're marked by that helmet now forever, we gotta own it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

id love to see an NHL breakdown like that so they'd have to list the Whalers for CT.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Video: https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/626422017605013505

omg

Ehud fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 29, 2015

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Those are fantastic. The only minor complaint I have is that the sun sphere part in the logo looks a little too big on the helmet, but other than that these are magnificent.

And why is it that when teams wear throwbacks*, but with modern equipment technologies, most of the uniforms look a million times better than whatever they currently wear:

* Or used to wear throwbacks, since they can't anymore unless they keep the same helmet shell or whatever dumb rule the NFL uses.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

More pics here

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...65-073867fd9b25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The packers ones are going to be good, but are going to look weird as hell with the Packers Green helmets.

• Locked thread