Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel like Forsett and Anderson are both traps this year. Can anybody explain why they'd take them so high, particularly Anderson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I feel like Forsett and Anderson are both traps this year. Can anybody explain why they'd take them so high, particularly Anderson?

Anderson's job as the starter is his to lose and the Bronco's are looking to be much more run heavy so Peyton doesn't get so worn down. I agree that Forsett looks like a trap. Anderson I'm on the fence on though, it's hard for me to justify taking him late in the 1st or early in the 2nd, but the mock's I've done so far having him going around there.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Beersheets doesn't have to answer this, I'm sure it's come up before (I'm looking at 1PPR/1QB/2R/2R/1T/1F but this follows for most PPR)

Do his sheets always suggest elite WR's are underdrafted in PPR? He has the first 5 WR's with a higher value than the first RB.

It's interesting that while Gronk owns a lot of the position scarcity, but his value puts him as worth taking in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

The definition of Elite (top 1/3 of position) is unclear to me. In a 12 team league does this mean top 4?

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 30, 2015

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

MacheteZombie posted:

Anderson's job as the starter is his to lose and the Bronco's are looking to be much more run heavy so Peyton doesn't get so worn down. I agree that Forsett looks like a trap. Anderson I'm on the fence on though, it's hard for me to justify taking him late in the 1st or early in the 2nd, but the mock's I've done so far having him going around there.

I'd agree on Anderson being a trap for his first/early second round ADP due to the Bronco's worse O-line this year and the stable of backs behind him that are all pretty studly (Hillman, Thompson mainly).

Not sure why you'd say Forsett is a trap, though... I'm seeing him go in 3rd/4th/5th rounds as an RB2/3 and I think he definitely has a good chance at being a serviceable RB2. What am I missing here, apart from the departure of Kubiak?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Amergin posted:

Not sure why you'd say Forsett is a trap, though... I'm seeing him go in 3rd/4th/5th rounds as an RB2/3 and I think he definitely has a good chance at being a serviceable RB2. What am I missing here, apart from the departure of Kubiak?

He's old, and both Buck Allen and Taliaferro are looking really good so far in the pre-season.

Edit: I'd be more confident of his value in a PPR setting, but even then, I'm fading his age. 30+ is the death zone for RBs. I'm staying away from Peterson for the same reason.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Amergin posted:

I'd agree on Anderson being a trap for his first/early second round ADP due to the Bronco's worse O-line this year and the stable of backs behind him that are all pretty studly (Hillman, Thompson mainly).

My feelings on Forsett are more personal opinion than any statistical fact about Forsett. He's been in the league since 08, and his breakout season was at the ripe old age of 28. I won't disagree that he will probably be serviceable as an RB2, and while still early in the mock season I've seen him going around round 3 pretty consistently. That seems far too early for me. The 5th round is about the point I'd take him if I needed another RB.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Its Miller Time posted:

Beersheets, it's really starting to feel like a new season. I like the E/S/P idea, I tend to forget how a player did last year only to realize I drafted someone who had 600 yards but everyone assumes will get 1200...

I feel honored to be the first SA "hey, could you do..."

Could you do MFL's? A lot of people play it, maybe label it as such for other people? There's also just 1 standard sizing - using your language it's 1PPR 1QB 2R 3W 1T 1F

I can do pretty much any roster format that's reasonable. The hard part is deciding what should be added to my "standard" sheets. What size league? What roster format? Stuff like that.

Its Miller Time posted:

Beersheets doesn't have to answer this, I'm sure it's come up before (I'm looking at 1PPR/1QB/2R/2R/1T/1F but this follows for most PPR)

Do his sheets always suggest elite WR's are underdrafted in PPR? He has the first 5 WR's with a higher value than the first RB.

It's interesting that while Gronk owns a lot of the position scarcity, but his value puts him as worth taking in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

The definition of Elite (top 1/3 of position) is unclear to me. In a 12 team league does this mean top 4?

Elite WRs are almost always undervalued in PPR because how many points they score compared to the replacement tier guys. They're also generally more reliable sources of points because stud WRs (especially with PPR) have a higher floor.

Gronk's value is nuts this year. Look at his standard deviation. People have no idea WTF to do about him.

In a 12 team ESPN league it means the top 4 QBs, top 8 RBs, top 8 WRs, top 4 TEs. I might change it around to something else if it's confusing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What's E/S/P? I feel like I should remember this, but I don't.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

What's E/S/P? I feel like I should remember this, but I don't.

Not sure how, I just added it this year. Also everything is explained in the link.

E/S/P: This is how the player did last year. E stands for Elite, and represents the number of games the player put up points worthy of the top 1/3 of starter-worthy players in his position (QB4 or better in a 12 team 1QB league). S stands for Starter, and represents the number of times the player put up points worthy of a starter (QB12 or better in a 12 team 1QB league). P stands for played; the number of weeks the player actually played assuming a 16 week season.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 30, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah, thanks. Yeah I just jumped to the link and mashed things as fast as possible to get to the downloads so that's on me for not reading.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Beer, I'm sure you've been pestered about this before but do you have any plans on doing IDP sheets?

I'm dipping my toes into IDP for the first time this year (along with dynasty and keeper leagues :ohdear:) and it's been a pain trying to find decent rankings that integrate IDP into offensive picks. All I see is "try to get Watt in the 6th, go DEs before DB/LB, and start taking other IDP slots when the IDP run starts" and "Go see FantasyPros for IDP rankings." Which is better than nothing but still, I have a feeling I'm going to lose a good bit of money this year (and hopefully not permanently screw myself in the dynasty/keeper leagues) from being a newbie.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm working on it, and I think I might. Especially if the Charity League decides to go with IDP.

So join the charity league and vote for it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Forsett is going to be just fine with Trestman... But most people are just high on him for the value he was last year... He won a ton of teams championships. I think he is a good option compared to the other guys around his ADP

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Franks Happy Place posted:

Edit: I'd be more confident of his value in a PPR setting, but even then, I'm fading his age. 30+ is the death zone for RBs. I'm staying away from Peterson for the same reason.

I artificially built up Peterson's value in my league by holding onto him almost the entire season, only dropping him before playoffs. Someone picked him up right after to use as a keeper this year (worth 1+1). I think winning the league made everyone think I'm an expert (which I totally am, duh). IIRC, 4-5 people tried to use waivers to pick him up.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The best was watching people blow 50%+ of their FAAB dollars last year on Peterson.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Beer - The concept is clear, it's just tricky to word. I'd just add an (e.g.,), people will get what you mean immediately then. I'd use at least 2 examples, showing how the number is multiplied by the number of positions and showing which way you round in 8, 14 and 16 team leagues not evenly divisible by 3.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Its Miller Time posted:

Beer - The concept is clear, it's just tricky to word. I'd just add an (e.g.,), people will get what you mean immediately then. I'd use at least 2 examples, showing how the number is multiplied by the number of positions and showing which way you round in 8, 14 and 16 team leagues not evenly divisible by 3.

Sounds good.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Counts on fingers...10 is also not divisible by 3.

edit: J. Hill went 2.3 in my most recent MFL ahead of Jordy, Cobb and Alshon or Foster, Anderson, Forsett, Murray and McCoy.

Agree? I think the current rankings (PPR ECR) might oversell Hill (#11) and undersell Gio (#22). Last year they went:

Gio: 168 attempts, 680 yards, 5 TD's, another 43 receptions, 349 yards and 2 TD's total for 188 points and #16 for the year

Hill: 222 attempts, 1124 yards, 9 TD's, another 27 receptions, 215 yards and 0 receiving TD's for 215 points and #10 for the year.

They both have pretty good YPC but Hill's is insane. 5.06 and Gio's 4.05.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 1, 2015

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Its Miller Time posted:

edit: J. Hill went 2.3 in my most recent MFL ahead of Jordy, Cobb and Alshon or Foster, Anderson, Forsett, Murray and McCoy.

Agree? I think the current rankings (PPR ECR) might oversell Hill (#11) and undersell Gio (#22). Last year they went:

Gio: 168 attempts, 680 yards, 5 TD's, another 43 receptions, 349 yards and 2 TD's total for 188 points and #16 for the year

Hill: 222 attempts, 1124 yards, 9 TD's, another 27 receptions, 215 yards and 0 receiving TD's for 215 points and #10 for the year.

Wasn't Gio the clear lead back there before he got injured somewhere around 1/3-1/2 through the season, though?

I agree with you that especially in a PPR Hill is probably a bit overvalued and Gio undervalued, though.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The thing is that comparing their stats like that is kind of pointless since they switched jobs/roles halfway through the season. Hill managed to pitch in some decent games and some TDs while he was backing Gio up, and as soon as he got the starting job he ran for like 100+ yards/game the rest of the year. I agree that Gio has some value in PPR, but that starting job is Hill's now and it looks like he's about to potentially have a monster year. In my standard friend league I'm definitely aiming to grab him in the second and hoping that because I had him last year none of my friends will realize his potential.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I have CJ Anderson as a 17th round keeper to go with Jeremy Hill in the 10th and Charles in the 13th so :regd08:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If I were to set up an RSO mock draft, would anyone be interested in trying it out?

http://www.realitysportsonline.com/RSOLanding.aspx

The caveat here is that it is a live auction draft, so we'd need to schedule a time when people have a few hours to do it. The process isn't like a normal auction draft, you offer players contracts and they have some algorithm in the backend that determines how highly the player values that contract and whoever offers the most intriguing mix of dollars and years gets the player.

I've never actually done one, so it'll be an adventure.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I'm doing an NFL.com league for the first time and I've never seen such dog poo poo rankings :stare:

NFL.com is poo poo for everything fantasy related, heeding this advice Will Help You.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hope you bought low on Ladarius Green

Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter

And Chargers TE Antonio Gates suspended for first 4 games of NFL season.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

And our first category.

Here's the clue:

Who is #3 on this list?

You may recognize this hype train from its earlier work, 2013's hit film Snowpiercer. Forget how that one ends but the train does great work.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Question though

How do you undervalue 1.01

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Its Miller Time posted:

Didn't Hill have 3 or 4 really long 60+ yard TD runs?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If I'm remembering correctly Hill pretty much completely took over as the main RB and he is who you want out of that backfield.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It definitely shifted towards Hill towards the end of the year, but Gio still got touches & lots more targets.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

That 5.06 YPC stat would be a fun one to throw around if you were looking to sell high.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Gio's still going to be the 3rd down/passing back, but Hill completely established himself as the starter after Gio got hurt and looked great in everything but those two clunkers against TB and Pit. There'll be games where he gets 10-15 touches and rushes for 50 yards, but he's set for a pretty big year and would need a Doug Martin-esque drop-off in quality/production to be a real disappointment.

VDay fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 3, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

VDay posted:

Gio's still going to be the 3rd down/passing back, but Hill completely established himself as the starter after Gio got hurt and looked great in everything but those two clunkers against TB and Pit. There'll be games where he gets 10-15 touches and rushes for 50 yards, but he's set for a pretty big year and would need a Doug Martin-esque drop-off in quality/production to be a real disappointment.

I hope he keeps it up. He looked really awesome running last year. Also had a great nose for the endzone, and a higher DVOA or success rate than Leveon. All signs point to "up".

Once again, kudos again to FHP for bangin' that particular drum before the season even started last year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Any new recommendations on podcasts?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Any new recommendations on podcasts?

My goto list:

The Audible, On the Couch from Footballguys
Rummy and Ray
Fantasy Feast with Evan Silva and Ross Tucker
Rotoviz Radio
DLF Dynasty Podcast
4for4
PFF Radio

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Nah gently caress The Audible.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Does anyone actually pay for 4for4 or footballguys? I was thinking about it but a part of me feels like this thread is effectively the equivalent.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

old dog child posted:

Does anyone actually pay for 4for4 or footballguys? I was thinking about it but a part of me feels like this thread is effectively the equivalent.

If anyone pays for FBG, they are dumb idiot stupidheads

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

They did have the #1 and #2 2014 draft rankers according to fantasypros

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

If anyone pays for FBG, they are dumb idiot stupidheads

That's gotta be from last year. Honestly, that was the general opinion on most of those guys before the season started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Its Miller Time posted:

They did have the #1 and #2 2014 draft rankers according to fantasypros

John Paulsen is apparently pretty good but I'm having issues finding anyone else from that grouping with a high rank there, and to be clear, the placement on those rankings is pretty irrelevant when you consider their hitrates are about 60% or so at the top and 58% at number 20.

(I'm a PFF homer)

• Locked thread