Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Oasx posted:

Is there a more detailed explanation of the story? I can't quite tell if people are kidding about the whole Lizardmen thing.

You can find it on http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times

Also no, people are not kidding about the Lizardmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Oasx posted:

Is there a more detailed explanation of the story? I can't quite tell if people are kidding about the whole Lizardmen thing.

i actually wrote a whole thing in the death thread about it :smith:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

i actually wrote a whole thing in the death thread about it :smith:

A Good Post posted:

lemme explain THE STORY SO FAR as best as i can remember it:

Book 1: Nagash
FLUFF - nagash is the ultimate undead dude from way back in the day. the not-dracula and his :spergin: son mannfred kill a bunch of C-tier special characters and use their blood to remake the big bad dude. some battles happen of no real importance, but eventually the undead get all the way to not-egypt and punk all of the tomb kings, probably due to the massive power difference between the tomb king and vamp count codex. the tomb kings get mashed into the undead fold and the Tomb King #1 Settra gets a vision from the chaos gods (which doesn't go anywhere afaik)

RULES -everyone gets "end time points", allowing people to spend more points (and money) on characters in their lists. in addition, everyone gets the lore of undeath (except for dwarves, who can't cast magic), allowing people to summon undead in their armies. tomb kings/vamp counts get merged into a combined arms list where both armies get much needed buffs by removing lots of the penalties of being undead as well as the benefits of using units from other books. some very expensive but forgettable characters also get released.

everyone's super excited, the undead rules are a blatant moneygrab, but aren't game-breaking unless you actually run Nagash (which makes sense, because nagash is the TOP UNDEAD MOTHERFUCKER)

Book 2: Fartkin
FLUFF - Archaon (i guess this is Abbadon in 40k?) rallies all of the chaos dudes and starts marching south just like in storm of chaos (but for real, this time). the main focus of the book is nurgle and his 3 chosen: Fatty, Casty, and Blandy. Blandy and Casty ride Fatty all over the place and they basically poo poo and piss all over the empire. the undead join the good guys because they realize that they're a part of the world too and some more C-tier special characters die horrific deaths. #1 superman karl franz dies in some big battle, except not really in some comic book poo poo. instead, he turns into Thor and blows up Blandy, Casty, and Fatty. oh yeah, Bretonnia's loving on fire/covered in poo poo and their king gets his head literally sawed off by a gibbering retard

RULES -not a lot. mostly the new chaos stuff for nurgle including Fatty, Casty, and Blandy all in one model as well as some cool monstrous infantry/cav stuff. everyone likes nurgle, so its a win.

Book 3 - Elves at a Table*
* - this is where i stopped reading
FLUFF - a bunch of elves argue at a table. Literal Elf Hitler argues at a table, Fancy Dragonman argues with Frail Wizard at another, prettier table. Literal Elf Hitler goes all-in on his ten thousand year plot to invade Elf Atlantis, so he lights Not-Canada on fire and poisons all the water, giving all of his Elf Nazis no choice but to follow him. more arguing at tables. eventually Literal Elf Hitler finds out that he was indeed the intended lord of elves and that if he stood on the hot coals for like 10 seconds longer he would've ruled the world for ten thousand years. oops! i guess elf atlantis sinks sometime during this book and Literal Elf Hitler becomes king of all elves, including the ones that his Elf Nazis have been fighting for ten thousand years, are the bitter rivals of, and are complete opposites of in any way. i think the forest where the wood elves are also dies, so they go to elf atlantis as well. idk where they go when it sinks though.

RULES - this is where people start realizing issues. they made the retarded magic phase even more retardeder (except for dwarfs, who can't cast magic) by letting everyone know every spell so you can go ahead and have a bunch of level 1 wizards and 6-dice everything. in addition, the elf lists, 2 of which are the top 5 armies of the game as well as 1 that is better than a lot of other armies, get merged. no new models, except now the mary sue factions who are the best at EVERYTHING now have literally zero weaknesses and can pick whatever units they want out of their mary sue books to curbstomp you.

Book 4 - Mary Sues in the Dark*
* - this is where i checked out of warhammer
FLUFF - i'm going to say first and foremost that i'm a dwarf player and that this book is apparently a ~250 page story about the skaven loving my faction without lube in various ways. the dwarf empire, which has been beset on all sides for thousands of years with the biggest fortresses in the world, suddenly crumble as soon as the skaven decide to stop stabbing each other and start stabbing other people. almost instantaneously, the skaven destroy about 4 human nations (the ones that people actually liked and found interesting) that aren't the empire. in addition, the dwarves are only used as plot devices to show how cool and badass they are. in addition, this is the book iirc where people start becoming super sayins of the different winds of magic. besides Thor (heavens) and Nagash (death), most of these are elves. i think this is also the book where the lizardmen go into space, which i'm sure is its own thing about how they get hosed by the skaven, who are super badass and are now unstoppable.

RULES - congratulations, skaven! here's a bunch of retarded rules for you that breaks your army, since you definitely needed it! (skaven were in the top 5 armies, probably) dwarves get some sort of lovely formation as a consolation prize, but besides that its all skaven all the time this book.

Book 5 - EVERYTHING'S loving DEAD
FLUFF - i dont think anyone really cared about what happened in this book except the ending. basically, all of the super sayins are in a circle channeling their magic to try and prevent the loving apocalypse since the chaos gods are coming down. at the last second, the :spergin: son of not-dracula from the first book gets really pissy and decides to stab one of the super sayins, who loses focus and causes a massive chain reaction, causing the entire world to fall apart and explode. the chaos gods, after having achieved final and total victory, just sort of shrug and move on because it turns out they didn't give a poo poo about any of this in the first place. there's some comic book ending about THE ALLSPARK IS IN MEGATRON SIGMARS HAND AND HE'S READY TO START ALL OVER or some poo poo, idk.

RULES - this is where the rules officially fall off the wagon, even moreso than before. skaven (remember, top 5 army) and chaos (another top 5 army) are allowed to mix, creating the most overpowered army in the game. chaos's big drawback is no shooting (which skaven have some of the best) and skaven's big drawback was a lack of solid blocks of troops (which is the chaos book in a nutshell). in addition, everyone goes UNBOUND this book.

add like 4 months of complete silence as to whether or not GW is making a new warhammer (remember, the ending was EVERYONE IS DEAD. NOTHING YOU DID EVER MATTERED.) and here we are

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

That's what I said

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Shadoer posted:

Oh in some ways this was a great idea of GW, just executed incredibly poorly.

The Warscrolls are fluffy as heck and it's really great they gave long neglected armies like Bretonnia a real update. A bunch of rules in it like the new Skaven "Advance through treachery" are strokes of genius and it looks like someone on this team actually cared.

Just they then didn't take one of the numerous ways they could have balanced the game.

They could have given point scores, they could have had a rule of "each side has an equal number of units" and then had strict sizes of the Units (Elf units of 10, Skaven Units of 30, ect), they could have had a sort of slot system where you could only take so many war machines or infantry, or something. But no, they just left that flying in the wind.

Edit:

Mordheim, the most beloved game GW ever produced that they have steadfast refused to support in any way.

Yeah I read through most of the warscrolls and they're all pretty decent and "fun", but its not about the points for me as me and my friends won't really ever do " dump everything on the table now" its just that I hope it doesn't actually end up being a meat grinder every time.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Triple-Kan posted:

I'm just catching up on this nonsense and it's heartbreaking. Can someone fill me in on what The End Times was, and why it's leading up to this weird Warhammer land where there's 7 different zones and Empire Space Marines? The whole thing looks like a really bad intro to 40K instead of it's own game.

Oasx posted:

This page details it pretty well if you've got some time.

quote:

The End Times was a series of supplements for the 8th edition of Warhammer Fantasy (although in many ways its like a new edition). It combined a whole bunch of armies together, introduced new characters and units, and added a whole bunch of supplementary rules. Oh, and it destroyed the Warhammer World. Yes, really.

Basically, Nagash rises again, the Elven Civil War finally ends (with surprising results), the Lady of the Lake is finally revealed to be Lileath (but we knew that all along, didn't we?) who has all kinds of schemes in play (just like everybody else), Skaven rise up and destroy Lustria (by blowing up Morrslieb the Chaos Moon) and much of the rest of the world, and then everything's swallowed up by Chaos and destroyed (and a whole bunch more besides!).

But, basically, everybody's dead. Except the Lizardmen and maybe the Skaven and Sigmar (yes, Sigmar returns). This leads into Age of Sigmar, coming soon to a Games Workshop near you!

With the release of the End Times, both Storm of Chaos and Warhammer Online are now officially non-canon.

And, in case you can't tell, the End Times is skubtastic as poo poo.

e:f,b

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruaotb76MFU

This guy is doing a good job of talking himself off the ledge. He sounds like a nice guy, I hope he doesn't get too sad in the coming months.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
That end time poo poo sucks, are you telling me that Grimgor Ironhide didn't show up once to punch someone in the face?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
After going around the world and cracking skulls in the Ogre Kingdoms and killing all the Chaos Dwarves he headbutts Archaon and breaks his amulet, then gets decapitated for his trouble. I think he also becomes the Incarnate of Beasts at some point too.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

ElBrak posted:

That end time poo poo sucks, are you telling me that Grimgor Ironhide didn't show up once to punch someone in the face?

they actually had Archaon kill him because gently caress you

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I just read the entry on 1d4chan, gently caress you GW you piss Hitlers.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Now that I think about it, I've been treating Age of Sigmar wrong. I've been trying to judge it on its merit as a game that has rules. And it utterly faills in that regard because any amount of critical evaluation of war scrolls or the game rules breaks the system.

But Age of Sigmar isn't as much of a game as it is a dice-rolling activity that you can do with your citadel brand miniatures, assuming you can't think of anything else to do with them like using them to play Parcheesi or whatever. And I guess it actually fulfills its purpose as such. On top of that it's an excuse for people to buy more citadel brand miniatures.
And it's probably a success in that regard.
Especially with other companies taking over the responsibility of writing rules for the people that actually want to play a game while still purchasing citadel brand miniatures.

:lol:

Edit:
VVV Well, Blood Bowl is a pretty good game. Whenever that came out, I guess. Although I don't know how much blame for that falls on the living rulebook and its contributors.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 5, 2015

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Zwiebel posted:

Especially with other companies taking over the responsibility of writing rules for the people that actually want to play a game while still purchasing citadel brand miniatures.

GW, despite their name, hasn't actually wanted to be a game company since, what, the mid 90s? Their level of aggressive contempt for players who actually want to play a good wargame with tight, solid rules has only increased over the years. Age of Sigmar is simply the latest and most impressive evolution of that contempt.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 5, 2015

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Kanos posted:

GW, despite their name, hasn't actually wanted to be a game company since, what, the mid 90s? Their level of aggressive contempt for players who actually want to play a good wargame with tight, solid rules has only increased over the years. Age of Sigmar is simply the latest and most impressive evolution of that contempt.

Which is especially odd as they started out as a rules company that gained enough popularity they bought out Citadel Miniatures.

Now they've adopted the business model of their now dead competitors, abandoning what made them great in the first place.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

BlackIronHeart posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruaotb76MFU

This guy is doing a good job of talking himself off the ledge. He sounds like a nice guy, I hope he doesn't get too sad in the coming months.

I love this stuff because when they inevitably confirmed there were no points or balance and the whole thing stinks I was sad that it would be an end to all the blind optimism which is fun to read. However, it seems everyone just took it in their stride and is just gonna delude themselves into thinking GW is going to suddenly about-turn its corporate strategy and start giving a single poo poo about rules or players.

When Age Of Sigmar 2nd edition comes out and squats the entire old range they'll be like "Hmm, yes this seems weird, but lets give them the benefit of the doubt, 9th edition confirmed? I'm excited whatever they do!"

Demons
May 27, 2011
May be old news, but a lot of GW store Facebook pages have been deleted within the past week.
Something internal?

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
I just love the absolutely awful new lore. It's not grounded in anything at all. It's actually physically irritating to me how painfully bad it is. I never played the old WHFB game but I used to read those codexes wholesale, and I loving loved the setting. It was kind of semi-serious, grubby fantasy.

I love, love, love that they made a protagonist faction even more boring and (quite literally) faceless than loving space marines. How are you supposed to give a poo poo about these guys? Even space marines have some personality going on, and are giant warrior knights fighting for the good of a greater humanity. 40k is grounded in the literal dark ages of human history. As retarded as the lore has gotten, the 40k lore has some basis. This is literally like ' a bunch of warrior guys smash into a bunch of warrior guys for no discernible consequence or reason'

I mean, it's supposed to be a legion of immortal heroes that come from not-valhalla. Do you know how loving metal you could make that?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You didn't notice? It's Skylanders!

"The Skylanders are legendary heroes and champions in the world of Skylands. Their ancient mission is to protect Skylands, and its magical Core of Light, a great machine that repelled The Darkness, the ultimate force behind all evil."

Fun for the whole family!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Shadoer posted:

And really, "Age of Sigmar" really feels slapped together. It's like the new CEO gave them 6 months to put it together, with the edicts that the rules had to be short, no barriers to prevent people from buying models, and have space marines. They then took some Chaos Warriors that were probably meant for "The End Times" release and then really did grab a future "Blood Angel" army, scrapped off the futuristic bits, and rebrandeded them as "Storm Cast Eternals". As for rules, this seems like what they could get done fast enough to meet some ridiculous deadline.

The lead time on something like this is at least two years; Hastings was talking about the Glotkin back in like 2011. The new CEO had nothing to do with it.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

I might steal that for the warhammer:total war thread we've got in the :pcgaming: thread:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Ain't no chaoz boy dat can kill Grimor. :orks::hf::orks101:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

KuangMkV posted:

PM me your mailing address. :)

Bro I already did and had a fun time assembling the Cyriss battlegroup you sent me and am really excited about getting some free time to paint them. Plus the Khador all-in-one I subsequently ordered. So thanks!

But, I mean, if you want to send me MORE free WM/H poo poo then I certainly won't say no....

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone just play Mordheim because it loving owns bones. Last campaign I had a basic swordsman who wasn't wearing shoes rise through the ranks and become the most feared motherfucker in the city. He also had a powder monkey (attack dog rules) that murdered a bunch of dwarves.

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday

Hustlin Floh posted:

Everyone just play Mordheim because it loving owns bones. Last campaign I had a basic swordsman who wasn't wearing shoes rise through the ranks and become the most feared motherfucker in the city. He also had a powder monkey (attack dog rules) that murdered a bunch of dwarves.

Mordheim does own loving bones. I once had a pirate captain lose his hand to a Middenheim Captain during a 1v1v1 king of the hill type scenario. The next game we fought, my pirate with his newly attached hook, single handedly (pun intended) used that very hook to knock out all of the middenheim heroes while they dogpiled him one after another, then turned around and went after the other players heroes as well. I dont remember exactly how long he lasted but I will never forget that hook of vengeance.

Turtle Dad 420 fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 5, 2015

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Mordheim does own loving bones. I once had a pirate captain lose his hand to a Middenheim Captain during a 1v1v1 king of the hill type scenario. The next game we fought, my pirate with his newly attached hook, single handedly (pun intended) used that very hook to knock out all of the middenheim heroes while they all dogpiled him, then turned around and went after the other players heroes as well. I dont remember exactly how long he lasted but I will never forget that hook of vengeance.

This poo poo sounds great.

This must not be the Mordheim I remember GW releasing long ago.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think you could definitely make a considerably better game than Mordheim because it's a mess.

For example, a game at Mordheim's scale doesn't need to stick with the standard GW stat scale because you probably don't need to roll 100 attack dice at once.

The normal scale of saves and stats makes some upgrades far more valuable than others. For example, low end armor really sucks because the game is kind of inflexible about how it works, and it's way easier to ignore armor than to get more armor.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Osprey, the publisher who makes the little books so you know EXACTLY how to paint your 1853 Prussian Fusiliers, is coming out with Frostgrave, a miniature-line agnostic campaign driven skirmish game set an a ruined fantasy city where your warband is a wizard, his apprentice, and some hired swords. Looks pretty good from what I've seen of it so far.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 5, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Otisburg posted:

Osprey, the publisher who makes the little books so you know EXACTLY how to paint your 1853 Prussian Fusiliers, is coming out with Frostgrave, a miniature-line agnostic campaign driven skirmish game set an a ruined fantasy city where your warband is a wizard, his apprentice, and some hired swords. Looks pretty good from what I've seen of it so far.

For a skirmish game, I'm really interested in checking this out. Time to hit Google to find out something about it!

£15, comes out by month's end, looks like I'll be trying this out

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 5, 2015

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Shadoer posted:

You can find it on http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times

Also no, people are not kidding about the Lizardmen.

I still say its not as big a gently caress up as the Storm of Chaos. "Oh hey fans were going to do a campaign where we have half of the sides fight for good and the other half fight for evil, and we'll use the results of the games at our stores to drive the narrative." (Six months pass and evil gets curbstomped)"Oh that was great fans, but you see we are now making it so evil gets some insane magic surge ends up as the big city of the good guys anyways, and is barley defeated, that was fun wasn't it?"

Germ
May 7, 2013

dishwasherlove posted:

Unsurprisingly the WFB fanbase aren't ready to give up on it yet:

Can't be any worse than what GW has done. The bar has been set very low.

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129642&start=90

Here's hoping! If Blood Bowl is any indication of what happens when GW fucks off and fans take over, it could be fantastic.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i was going to buy the fantasy marines but if i need to loving toast to m'lady and hop around on one foot to get meaningless buffs while some shameless slaneeshi player gets bonuses for having an unconcealed erection during his phase i'd rather smash my head in a loving door

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
http://captiongenerator.com/48463/Hitler-reacts-to-Age-of-Sigmar

Just signed up for the Mantic newsletter, free 2nd edition rules if you sign up before July 10th.

TKIY fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 5, 2015

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

TKIY posted:

http://captiongenerator.com/48463/Hitler-reacts-to-Age-of-Sigmar

Just signed up for the Mantic newsletter, free 2nd edition rules if you sign up before July 10th.

Well, they're free regardless, I read it as sign up and the link will be emailed to you on the 10th. Regardless, sign up and you're entered into a drawing for a free copy of the printed rule book.

http://www.manticgames.com/newsletter.html

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

Thanks for this, just pre-ordered a copy via amazon. I loved the idea of Modheim but never got the chance to buy it when it was actually a boxed game and by the time I could get it the errata seemed to have gone out of control.

And Dwarfs weren't a core warband, what the hell. They were in a White Dwarf issue before the game was even released as a box set, why leave them out in favour of like five different human guys.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Otisburg posted:

Sweet! Especially excited as I'm in the process of making a bunch of ancient ruins-style terrain. Pre-ordered!

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Osprey actually do a bunch of games and I'm interested in several, though nobody talks about them so I really have no idea how good they are. Except Bolt Action obviously but that's not pure Osprey.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is an actual warscroll

So this building is a legal "unit." You can plonk it down during deployment I guess? There are no rules anywhere that say to treat it differently from a normal unit.

Note the garrisoning rules. Your move in and out is 6" no matter what your normal move is.

A hero and one other unit can garrison it. That "other unit" can be literally any other unit. A catapult? Sure. 100 sigmarines? Sure. Another building? SURE why not! Terrain don't have movement stats, but if you deployed another terrain piece from another terrain warscroll and it's within 6", then I guess it can move in and garrison!

OK that's obviously not intended. But apparently it is totally intended that you can move an elf riding a dragon (a hero unit), plus a unit of 500 trolls, into the building. Hey, remember how during deployment, you're limited to how many models will fit in your deployment zone? Well, look at the garrisoning rule: if the building is in your deployment zone, you can deploy directly into the building... and when you do that, you "remove the garrisoning unit from the battlefield and place it to one side."

So you can actually fit an infinite number of models in your deployment zone. Just bring along one building, place it as your first deployment, then as your second, garrison it with a unit consisting of an infinite number of trolls.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Well, as many trolls as could be placed within 6" of the DEATHKNELL WATCH. I guess you could extend that by placing models on top of eachother, though.

Deploy a building. Deploy a building INSIDE that building, along with a unit that can summon. Deploy a building inside THAT building. Deploy a building inside THAT building. Deploy a building inside THAT building. Deploy a building inside THAT building. Deploy a building inside THAT building. Deploy a building inside THAT building. Deploy 1000 Ogororors inside THAT building.

Turn 1, disembark each building in turn. Have the thousand Ogororors assault directly into the opponenet's summoners (alternate version, just enough buildings to get across the board, and three Ogororos, and deploy them into the Sudden Death objective). Also, have your summoner summon poo poo in such a way as to speedbump the rest of the opponents army.

Also, when you attack, you can hit the unit inside the building, but each building only contains another building, so there's nothing to attack. You could also nest some buildings together to hide a summoning unit, I guess?

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 5, 2015

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
That aside, the rules of that tower is very strong, and why would you not include a couple if you plan to do any shooting? Put a cannon in each one, and reroll to hit!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Mordheim does own loving bones. I once had a pirate captain lose his hand to a Middenheim Captain during a 1v1v1 king of the hill type scenario. The next game we fought, my pirate with his newly attached hook, single handedly (pun intended) used that very hook to knock out all of the middenheim heroes while they dogpiled him one after another, then turned around and went after the other players heroes as well. I dont remember exactly how long he lasted but I will never forget that hook of vengeance.

The look on the middenheim players face was pretty priceless as the captain disembowled each of his heroes with a rusty hook. IIRC I lost a dwarf hero and conceded since I didn't want dwarf guts on the hook either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Germ posted:

Sweet! Especially excited as I'm in the process of making a bunch of ancient ruins-style terrain. Pre-ordered!

Germ, please sell more of your terrain, either via another kickstarter or elsewhere. I'm still bummed that your not-40k vehicle wreck markers got obsoleted before I painted them.

• Locked thread