Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Mike-o posted:

God speed you fat British tranny banger.

That's no way to talk about our beloved bernard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't there like a 14 page thread where he got exposed?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:cabot:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:agesilaus: but with a marine helmet on

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
sheep dog wolf hunter lion

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

This but the face of Big Mike Brown

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Hey Bernard, look at 2:45 and 3:00 and tell me if this is that mandibular pressure point you been talkin' 'bout

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/07/02/dnt-mark-magness-cop-beats-man.kdvr

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Reign Of Pain posted:

Hey Bernard, look at 2:45 and 3:00 and tell me if this is that mandibular pressure point you been talkin' 'bout

He was just helping a drunk man with his dentures.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

This but the face of christopher dorner

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

Right place but wrong way to apply pressure. You drive your thumb in at a right angle to the jaw line. Test it on your wife to ensure effectiveness.
Before my handcuffing exam my poor girlfriend was getting cuffed and restrained repeatedly in the least sexual way possible. The poor thing already has to put up with me being blackout drunk on Whisky all the time and generally being a bit of a oval office.

What the gently caress is that thing he's strapped in to? We'd have a riot if we had some sort of torture/rape chair like that.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Reign Of Pain posted:

That video is disgusting

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Skoll posted:

He was just helping a drunk man with his dentures.

Did you buy that title and profile picture?

If so please tell me more about yourself

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth
So I'm filling out the POBITS (Peace Officer Background Investigation Tracking System) for my entry into the academy.

And there's a lot of questions like "have you ever had sex in a public place"

And "have you ever solicited prostitution"

Now I'll come right out and say it. As a sailor I have a bit of a sordid past especially concerning port calls in foreign countries.

Should I even continue applying or are these questions gonna outright DQ me?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

SirDrinksAlot posted:

So I'm filling out the POBITS (Peace Officer Background Investigation Tracking System) for my entry into the academy.

And there's a lot of questions like "have you ever had sex in a public place"

And "have you ever solicited prostitution"

Now I'll come right out and say it. As a sailor I have a bit of a sordid past especially concerning port calls in foreign countries.

Should I even continue applying or are these questions gonna outright DQ me?

How long ago was it? If we're talking more than maybe 10 years then fair enough, but if it was last week then you're probably better off not applying...

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
That's pretty far in the past. Either way, I'd say it's better to ask and let them tell you no than to self-eliminate.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Right place but wrong way to apply pressure. You drive your thumb in at a right angle to the jaw line. Test it on your wife to ensure effectiveness.
Before my handcuffing exam my poor girlfriend was getting cuffed and restrained repeatedly in the least sexual way possible. The poor thing already has to put up with me being blackout drunk on Whisky all the time and generally being a bit of a oval office.

What the gently caress is that thing he's strapped in to? We'd have a riot if we had some sort of torture/rape chair like that.

Restraint chairs are awesome but I don't recommend lobbing drunks into them and then practising all your pressure points while making incriminating statements on bodycam.

They're actually much safer when used properly to restrain combative subjects. No concerns with positional asphyxia from hogtying obese people.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Does this department polygraph? If no then lie. 2008 is long enough that they don't need to know you banged a ladyboy in thailand in your navy days.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Hell, lie even if they do polygraph. Things are a voodoo box.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Protip: Things that may disqualify you outright when committed in the U.S., may just get a blind eye from your BI if committed in a country where such actions were legal or quasi-legal. That likely does not include drug use (depending), but they may let things like prostitution, etc. slide if it was a-ok where it happened. If it wasn't a crime where the act was committed, how can they hem you up on it. Might as well ask instead of just thinking it's not worth it.

Who hasn't had sex in a public place, psssshhhhh.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Any sailor that has visited a foreign port or two has almost certainly nailed a hooker.

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

Alright thanks guys. Makes me feel a bit better about it

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Did you buy that title and profile picture?

If so please tell me more about yourself

We went over this a few pages back. I'm sorry none of us speak the Queens English.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hey his text clearly states he's not racist, maybe he just really likes skulls and the 15th century.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Skoll posted:

We went over this a few pages back. I'm sorry none of us speak the Queens English.

Bloody hell m8, I swears on me mum that a chap purchased it for me for a chortle amongst us lads.

I think I did this right.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
u wot m8 u fukkin wot ill skin yer heel m8

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

U WANNA HAVE A GO OF IT? ILL FOOKIN GLASS U

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Pretty dismal facsimile of Bernard Imho

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

GunForumMeme posted:

Hell, lie even if they do polygraph. Things are a voodoo box.

Gonna go against the grain here and say :siren: don't lie on your application or background packet :siren:

Goddamn, and we wonder why the public has no faith in our integrity anymore.

Anyways, if you lie or omit information it will be an immediate red flag if they discover it. If they do any kind of proper background check where they interview your friends and coworkers, and then those persons friends and coworkers etc. the truth will come out. If you trust everyone you know to keep quiet about anything at all then I guess take the other guys' advice here and lie.

"Moral turpitude" is the term you're looking for. And while certain things may be legal in other countries that doesn't necessarily make them a good or moral choice to make. That's also why there's sex questions on the background packet.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Oh my god I'm sitting here agreeing with Shep, what the gently caress guys.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Pretty sure no one ever asked me where my dick has been during the hiring process.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

:feelsgood:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The point I was trying to make is someone is out of their mind if they're shocked or surprised that a sailor nailed a hooker. Since you're already getting veteran's preference, why even lie? If that's the type of thing that would DQ you, would you really want the job in the first place?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Seriously lying is 100% more likely to get you dq'ed than saying you hired a Thai dude that you totally thought was a chick to give you a rim-job.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hahahahahahahaha.

He's right.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Pretty sure no one ever asked me where my dick has been during the hiring process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Bernard/Hezzy, please comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64WBNa6Jl0w

• Locked thread