Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

cheetah7071 posted:

For the first few levels, just buy gear from vendors for leve turnins. At some point you want to swap to collectible/making your own HQ leve turnins, but that poo poo is expensive. A slower but less expensive way to level is to just make endless quantities of something basic you can sell on the marketboard, like rainbow thread.

What about CUL or ALC? Neither have vendor turnins (as far as i can tell) and the 50 leves have 3+ star requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you wanted to level ALC you missed the train because people were selling stuff like Pudding/Gelato Flesh, Deepeye Tears and Wyvern Wings for like 400gil each during Early Access Weekend.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

bonewitch posted:

What about CUL or ALC? Neither have vendor turnins (as far as i can tell) and the 50 leves have 3+ star requirements.

There's a reasonable demand for holy water out of alchemist, so if you can do it without dying of boredom, making that could be a good way to ding 51 and suddenly have vaguely-real stats.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Thal's balls!

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Eej posted:

If you wanted to level ALC you missed the train because people were selling stuff like Pudding/Gelato Flesh, Deepeye Tears and Wyvern Wings for like 400gil each during Early Access Weekend.

I don't actually care about crafting at all but they'll save me a ton of money in terms of raid food and pots :smithicide:

cheetah7071 posted:

There's a reasonable demand for holy water out of alchemist, so if you can do it without dying of boredom, making that could be a good way to ding 51 and suddenly have vaguely-real stats.

:negative:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can probably force your way through getting NQ versions of leve turnins honestly. It might be expensive though.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Tonight I learned that dropping trick attack just as a raid boss hits 20% gets you 5 player commendations when the fight ends :toot:

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
So my Bard just finished the MSQ for 2.55, and holy poo poo. I'm torn between leveling a Dragoon or Arcanist and a few gathering classes or just going ahead and getting Heavensward to blow through the story.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
just completed (lvl 57 dungeon)the Vault and I am loving pissed wow gently caress you Yoshi P

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

remember when we said we'd be down to one half full FC by month 3 of 2.0?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Slipper Lobster[/quote posted:

【♥SLIPPERLOBSTER.COM ♥=HEAL】 or 【Search for [Swiftcast] on google】【20000K Gil ==1 Raise】 .Real 1 second Delivery Guaranteed.【https://www. Yverneau.COM♥】<se.1>

this is the most amazing raise macro

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I am deeply disappointed that he didn't register that website.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Holy poo poo that's a great Raise macro.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

hobbesmaster posted:

I am deeply disappointed that he didn't register that website.

the website at the end is <t> :V

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think he meant he didn't register slipperlobster

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I think he meant he didn't register slipperlobster

Yeah.

The main problem with that macro is that it'd cause a wipe.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So wait if you do <T> does it post your target in all caps?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, Yoshi-P said a thing at Japan Expo, saying that FFXIV now has almost 5 million players. (His exact words, although we should probably take this to mean "accounts", as opposed to actual people.)

Given that Blizzard's own Q1 earnings call indicated that WoW was at 7.1 million subscribers, I'm feeling pretty good about FFXIV's spot relative to #1.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
While high, he was talking created accounts not actual players. For comparison, WoW has something like 100m+ created accounts but only 7.1 million subscribers.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
"Active paid subscriptions"would be a better metric to cut out gold spam bots and a much more fair comparison since I think I heard wow went to a freemium model

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Sentient Data posted:

"Active paid subscriptions"would be a better metric to cut out gold spam bots and a much more fair comparison since I think I heard wow went to a freemium model

You heard incorrectly.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Tensokuu posted:

While high, he was talking created accounts not actual players. For comparison, WoW has something like 100m+ created accounts but only 7.1 million subscribers.

Created accounts for 14 in this case doesn't count trial accounts, just box sales.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's good to hear. I'm betting the rumor was caused by people not knowing that ACT only simulates DOT damage, and hasn't been updated to the changes?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Now that Warrior is nearly geared up I think I'm going to ride this MCH pain train to 60 and see how it plays out in the long run. I played War since 2.0 launch, and that was a fun trial by fire to get better at tanking. It's going to be interesting to see how they change up and evolve MCH over time, or if they don't, to see how hard I have to push myself to be optimal at the class. It's a really problematic job, but it's got a lot of puzzley optimization elements that are really tickling my brain in all the right spots.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Sentient Data posted:

You can buy tokens for in-game gold that give you game time now, so if you have the gold you can effectively play for free. Blizzard recently nerfed the biggest and easiest way to make gold because they obviously want more people paying money for subs than gold.

EDIT: Is it stupid that the thing I'm most excited about in HW is finding out what that UFO ends up being? My vote is still on Lunar Whale.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 5, 2015

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Verranicus posted:

You can buy tokens for in-game gold that give you game time now, so if you have the gold you can effectively play for free. Blizzard recently nerfed the biggest and easiest way to make gold because they obviously want more people paying money for subs than gold.

What'd they nerf?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Rei_ posted:

Now that Warrior is nearly geared up I think I'm going to ride this MCH pain train to 60 and see how it plays out in the long run. I played War since 2.0 launch, and that was a fun trial by fire to get better at tanking. It's going to be interesting to see how they change up and evolve MCH over time, or if they don't, to see how hard I have to push myself to be optimal at the class. It's a really problematic job, but it's got a lot of puzzley optimization elements that are really tickling my brain in all the right spots.

I think it's a fun class. Only thing that gets annoying is when you don't have any reloads up and you're just spamming 1-1-1-1-1-1 because you lose all the coin flips in the world.

One thing I'd like to know is, after you use Wildfire in your opener, is it better to use Wildfire as soon as it comes back up or do you want to wait for Hypercharge to come back up first? Do you want to at least wait for Reload?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

What'd they nerf?

Fun

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Eb

Is the esoteric buying af2 confirmed?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 5, 2015

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Part of the reason I stopped playing a healer was because their gear was really plain.

And now I find that the next dungeon I'm going to drops caster gear that looks like a shawl and loincloth.

Life is suffering. You'd think they'd give the gladiator looking gear to the gladiators.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Line Feed posted:

I think it's a fun class. Only thing that gets annoying is when you don't have any reloads up and you're just spamming 1-1-1-1-1-1 because you lose all the coin flips in the world.

Pretty much. It's actually fun when you have Wildfire and stacks of special ammunition and complete horseshit when you don't.

quote:

One thing I'd like to know is, after you use Wildfire in your opener, is it better to use Wildfire as soon as it comes back up or do you want to wait for Hypercharge to come back up first? Do you want to at least wait for Reload?

I wait for at least Reload. Everything else depends on the fight at hand.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Almost all the pre-50 gear looks like poo poo, with notable exceptions of certain green dungeon drops. One of the great things about heavensward is that the leveling gear actually looks really nice.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Verranicus posted:

Uh. I'm pretty sure *someone* has to pay for that token in the first place, to put it on the market, so I don't really think they care how people sub?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Truga posted:

Uh. I'm pretty sure *someone* has to pay for that token in the first place, to put it on the market, so I don't really think they care how people sub?

Nerfing the garrison gold will probably increase the number of people buying the token, so I dunno what he was going on about with that bit.

Only reason to buy the token is to sell it for gold, if the game shits gold on you there's no reason to buy it to sell it anymore. Even if the price gets extremely high you'll get to a point where it doesn't really matter how much the thing is worth because most people will have enough and don't want to put 20 bucks in when there's no need.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Mikemo Tyson posted:

My original plan was to tank as a gladiator but then I was thinking of being a bard before I saw how ugly their armor looked on guy characters.

What? Bard gear looks awesome on my Highlander male!

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Nerfing the garrison gold will probably increase the number of people buying the token, so I dunno what he was going on about with that bit.

Only reason to buy the token is to sell it for gold, if the game shits gold on you there's no reason to buy it to sell it anymore. Even if the price gets extremely high you'll get to a point where it doesn't really matter how much the thing is worth because most people will have enough and don't want to put 20 bucks in when there's no need.

I would raise the point that actually putting things in WoW worth spending gold on rather than an armour-plated turd of a snow mobile would be better than beating what fun remains the game around the face with a large stick. Of course, that would involve breaking the development paradigm of "Social media/Apex Crystal dailies/Somehow making Ashran even worse than before".

You know, not that I'm bitter or anything.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Unlocked Ravana EX last night... Very T9-esque fight, a lot of fun.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Are there screens of the af2 gear anywhere?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Are there screens of the af2 gear anywhere?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/43702887.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress yes I get to wear the dumb sliding drg armour the cutscene hyur gets in the intro movie

• Locked thread