Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

There's a bunch of SA types who mostly post to youtube/twitch now who have done FTL as well:
Smite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxu7H51ZqY
Psychedelic Eyeball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLYJ5IANVRI

There's more but I have trouble keeping track of those off-forum guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Some of you may know of the recent Steam release of NotGTAV which has blown up on the internet. In response to it it's release, Kenneth "the main man" has decided to LP GTAV, whether it continues or not is one thing but it sounds and plays like he's Moss from The IT Crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jWooMp58wY

This probably is already a given but I'm enjoying Lazyfire's LP of Shadow Of Mordor. It's to the point, informative and he's actual pretty drat good at the game. He's very good at explaining everything he does, why he's doing it and everything important about the mechanics of the game. It's just one LP I'm enjoying very much and just wanted to share my opinion with others.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708039

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Would someone be so kind as to recommend me some chill, low-intensity LPs? I've got a killer headache and don't want to watch actual TV because I hate being yelled at by 5000db commercials.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

CJacobs posted:

Would someone be so kind as to recommend me some chill, low-intensity LPs? I've got a killer headache and don't want to watch actual TV because I hate being yelled at by 5000db commercials.

Pid by frozentreasure
Rayman Origins by Wugga
Botanicula by Voice of Dog
Eternal Daughter by Mastigophoran

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Fiendly posted:

Pid by frozentreasure

Fair warning, Pid is like a sine wave in its intensity; on average, it's got a fairly chill tone, but it does get excited every now and then. If you want to not exacerbate a headache, I'd skip over videos 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, possibly 15, 16, possibly 17, and 18.

frozentreasure fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 5, 2015

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I'm on my phone and can't find it, but can someone post the Sonic 2 Easy Mode video? It's the chillest thing.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Whenever someone says chill, I always think medibot playing Kirby.

Kirby 64
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby Super Star (co-op with MyNameIsKaz, very recommended if Viddler hasn't eaten it Edit: archive.org is awesome)
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 5, 2015

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

That Kirby golf game by someone I've forgotten. I've always been on the lookout for the hata tomata since then, but it's not in the archive and I have no idea how to find it, sorry that probably wasn't very helpful.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Scaramouche posted:

That Kirby golf game by someone I've forgotten. I've always been on the lookout for the hata tomata since then, but it's not in the archive and I have no idea how to find it, sorry that probably wasn't very helpful.
That'd be psymonkey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4gb5-nNlk

Qylvaran posted:

I'm on my phone and can't find it, but can someone post the Sonic 2 Easy Mode video? It's the chillest thing.
I was pretty certain that was DocFuture: http://lparchive.org/Sonic-2-Special-Edition/

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Thanks, I was searching for psyopmonkey which was apparently some whole other kind of thing.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Qylvaran posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ef8SD9gUg This?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's it, I've been looking for this for a while too, thanks.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

CannibalK9 did a LP of the Void a while back that is very chill. If that hasn't already been mentioned.

Also psymonkeys simgolf lp is also very very chill if weird russian games are annoying to you.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 5, 2015

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Scaramouche posted:

Thanks, I was searching for psyopmonkey which was apparently some whole other kind of thing.

i'm sorry you had to see psyopmonkey's posts friend

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

ZeusCannon posted:

CannibalK9 did a LP of the Void a while back that is very chill. If that hasn't already been mentioned.

I'll second this. It was a truly fantastic LP. He also recently finished a playthrough of The Talos Principle, which is also chilled out and extremely interesting, as well as quite beautiful.

anydayhappyday
Jul 16, 2007
just the happiest l'il place ever

Niggurath posted:

I was pretty certain that was DocFuture: http://lparchive.org/Sonic-2-Special-Edition/

Since this came up (even though it wasn't the Easy Mode video) I highly recommend DocFuture's Sonic 2 Special Edition LP. Incredibly creative take on a Sonic game, though the video imaging is a bit dated in terms of quality.

In fact, does anyone have recommendations of similar LPs? The only thing that comes to mind, in terms of creativity and scope, is Chewbot's Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing, though I imagine others are just slipping my mind right now. Anyway, I'd really appreciate some suggestions!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

anydayhappyday posted:

Since this came up (even though it wasn't the Easy Mode video) I highly recommend DocFuture's Sonic 2 Special Edition LP. Incredibly creative take on a Sonic game, though the video imaging is a bit dated in terms of quality.

In fact, does anyone have recommendations of similar LPs? The only thing that comes to mind, in terms of creativity and scope, is Chewbot's Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing, though I imagine others are just slipping my mind right now. Anyway, I'd really appreciate some suggestions!
DocFuture is a national treasure and it's a shame we don't get things like his Tryrush Deppy LP anymore: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53c11_tryrush-deppy-stage-one_videogames

The only thing that really comes to mind that's similar as of late is TieTuesday's LP of Godzilla: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712857

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I'm trying to remember the name of an LP.

I remember it was a 2D RPG, for PC. I think it was made with one of the RPG Maker types. All I remember about it is that one it was set on some kind of island after some disease wiped out the rest of the world. And there was an upgrade system, one of the last of which was something like, 'The ending as written'. Edit: I also remember that it was described as being notably extremely difficult.

Any of you know what the heck I'm thinking of? I can't remember the name at all.

Edit 2: I remembered the name of it, it was Demon King Chronicle. Solved my own problem but I'm leaving this here for posterity.

Edwhirl fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 13, 2015

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
Does anyone know of any good video LPs of Baldur's Gate either uno or dos? I typically prefer funny LPers and completionists. Thanks!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

anydayhappyday posted:

I've wanted to do something like it, but in the planning stages it's really hard to make it not come out like a ripoff. I think the avant garde nature of it is sort of a one-of-a-kind thing. That sort of LP is always really risky because in all likelihood it will come out as being really bad or awkward.

I think the closest is going to be narrative LPs like A Scotsman in Egypt by Jerusalem, Uplink by Porkness, or Chewbot's Animal Crossing or Oregon Trail ones. Or even Shalcar's Total War ones. They're not quite the same thing, but I think they're the closest.

I think the one thing that really defines Sonic 2: Special Edition is really the shared fantasy, though. The whole reality that was concocted around it and how everyone kind of chipped in the make it real. Throwing in made up information, without that sort of interaction and shared fantasy, I don't think it'd be as good. It's kind of like how MS Paint Adventures came to be in a way.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 13, 2015

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

anydayhappyday posted:

The GTA:SA LP by Jerusalem is pretty creative.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

anydayhappyday posted:

Good lord. I remember when this first came up and thinking to myself "eh I don't really need to watch yet another Sonic LP" and passing it by. Whoops.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

deadlyrhetoric posted:

Does anyone know of any good video LPs of Baldur's Gate either uno or dos? I typically prefer funny LPers and completionists. Thanks!

Bacter and Mzbundifund were doing one that's been abandoned, but it's still a fun watch. (playlist)

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Civil Twilight posted:

Bacter and Mzbundifund were doing one that's been abandoned, but it's still a fun watch. (playlist)

Right on! Thank you very much. Can't believe that I didn't check Mzbundifund's YouTube - I loved Bacter and Mzbundifund's Amulets & Armor LP.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Hey, I'm looking for good narrative LPs, especially 4x games and, say, the Total War Series (though the latter would hopefully have some mechanics talk too), but not limited to those. I've already read the SMAC, GalCiv, and Snake In Civilization LPs, so anything else great?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Neopie posted:

Hey, I'm looking for good narrative LPs, especially 4x games and, say, the Total War Series (though the latter would hopefully have some mechanics talk too), but not limited to those. I've already read the SMAC, GalCiv, and Snake In Civilization LPs, so anything else great?

Is mentioning the works of Didja Redo cheating?

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Neopie posted:

Jerusalem has a Medieval 2 LP that seems to fit your bill.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Do you guys have some recommendations for good horror LPs/LPers? I've already seen DumbRodent's awesome Outlast LP as well. Voice or subtitled are fine. Off-site is fine too. Thanks!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Huntman posted:

Do you guys have some recommendations for good horror LPs/LPers? I've already seen DumbRodent's awesome Outlast LP as well. Voice or subtitled are fine. Off-site is fine too. Thanks!

Niggurath has pretty good stuff and does a wide selection of horror games. He's usually pretty thorough in them and has done some relatively unknown gems (and some relatively unknown piles of dung), plus he's got a quiet commentary style that fits the mood of the games he does.

Here's a link to his stuff on the Archive.

Leave fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 15, 2015

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Neopie posted:

Shalcar's Total War Shogun 2 Rise of the Samurai sounds like it would be just about perfect for you. There's also his unfinished Total War Shogun 2 LP, but it also needs Archives on top of being unfinished.

Non-4X there's also Bobbin Threadbare's Academagia LP. Academagia is a Life Simulator game where you control a young wizard starting at a new school. More 'your first year at college/private High School, which just happens to be a Wizard's school set in a medieval fantasy world,' than Harry Potter.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

For anyone who watched Yahtzee's Let's Drown Out...Kholat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKybaclqQk4

there is a thread to discuss the original mystery behind that game:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706392&pagenumber=1

Actually I couldn't watch the video itself because it gave me the worst motion sickness I've ever had watching gameplay.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
A lot of these LPs are good, I'm enjoying the hell out of Shogun 2 so far, thanks for the reccomendation!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone got a good Alien Isolation LP? I can only find Pewdiepie and pewdiepie clones screaming into the camera and the Yogscast girls.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got a good Alien Isolation LP? I can only find Pewdiepie and pewdiepie clones screaming into the camera and the Yogscast girls.
There's one running here. Haven't watched it so I can't vouch for quality, but goons didn't run him off the site after two pages so I figure it should work.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

anilEhilated posted:

There's one running here. Haven't watched it so I can't vouch for quality, but goons didn't run him off the site after two pages so I figure it should work.

I like it, long time since i watched a subtitle let's play. Cheers!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Dongattack posted:

I like it, long time since i watched a subtitle let's play. Cheers!
I would give a bit of warning in that he's playing on the hardest difficulty and thus things are a lot more erratic (and possibly more tense) than normal. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it was hard for me to watch a couple of the updates with just how fast and constantly he was moving around his camera.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

It's actually mostly completed - there's a few more videos coming covering side content like survival mode, but the story's done.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I'm looking for an LP of either Just Cause games, or similar style lunacy (I have watch Dan and Lithuanian Dad's merc 2)

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm looking for an LP of either Just Cause games, or similar style lunacy (I have watch Dan and Lithuanian Dad's merc 2)

If you haven't seen Kaubocks and PanzerSkank's Saints Row 2 LP, you should go watch that. If you've already seen the Saints Row 2 LP, go watch the Saints Row 2 LP again.

http://lparchive.org/Saints-Row-2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

dancingbears posted:

If you haven't seen Kaubocks and PanzerSkank's Saints Row 2 LP, you should go watch that. If you've already seen the Saints Row 2 LP, go watch the Saints Row 2 LP again.

http://lparchive.org/Saints-Row-2/

Actually, I just finished rewatching it a couple days ago hence why I want that insanity.